These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

New patch makes courier missions too easy!

Author
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#1 - 2012-08-09 09:01:36 UTC
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

You are about to undock without the cargo required for your in-progress courier mission, Incriminating Evidence. Are you sure you want to undock now?

Lol

Training noobs to be forgetful because mummy keeps them organised. How are they going to cope when mummy's not around anymore?
Max G Force
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-08-09 09:13:01 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

You are about to undock without the cargo required for your in-progress courier mission, Incriminating Evidence. Are you sure you want to undock now?

Lol

Training noobs to be forgetful because mummy keeps them organised. How are they going to cope when mummy's not around anymore?

Just more evidence of dumbing the game down. Still eventually people will not need to use their brain as the game will do most of it for them.
Goremageddon Box
Guerrilla Flotilla
#3 - 2012-08-09 09:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Goremageddon Box
Why would you undock with incriminating evidence?
Docter Daniel Jackson
Fleetworks Training
#4 - 2012-08-09 09:16:37 UTC
Max G Force wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

Lol

Just more evidence of dumbing the game down. Still eventually people will not need to use their brain as the game will do most of it for them.

So if they don't have brains should u not be able to beat them right? I mean your trying to say ur better and smarter then them.
pussnheels
Viziam
#5 - 2012-08-09 09:19:13 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

Lol

facepalmRoll

good of CCP to let YOU know you weren't using your brain

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#6 - 2012-08-09 09:22:13 UTC
pussnheels wrote:

In my defence the reason I got this message is that I picked up a mission, the goods wouldn't fit in the ship I was flying, so I went to market to buy a bigger cargo hold. I saw the message and thought, "I bet some poor developer at CCP spent ages putting this feature in, and they probably think it's really nice."

Whoever that developer is, just beware of Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #245: No good deed goes unpunished. Or alternately, that one about, "Feed a man a fish, you've gained a dependent. Teach a man to fish, you've lost a customer."
Max G Force
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-08-09 09:22:16 UTC
Docter Daniel Jackson wrote:
So if they don't have brains should u not be able to beat them right? I mean your trying to say ur better and smarter then them.

Don't think much of your powers of deduction.

I just hate to see games getting easier, it happened to WoW and now this game seems to be heading down the same path.
Goremageddon Box
Guerrilla Flotilla
#8 - 2012-08-09 09:22:28 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

Lol

facepalmRoll

if they keep it up 95% of my game time will be ccp telling me i am a ******
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#9 - 2012-08-09 09:22:52 UTC
So by your logic, SIRI from the iphone, is the real skynet. It is just gonna make us dumb, from helping too much. Then easily destroy us.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Shugga Ditz
Chaos Army
#10 - 2012-08-09 09:23:02 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

Lol

How did you find out about this error? No doubt you were extensively testing the system, not just being a noob...
Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2012-08-09 09:24:35 UTC
Well its a nice addition. Really after doin those missions for few hours those things happen as u loose concentration. Its really not dumbing down, u have to put the items again in your cargo as u did before, so nth really changes. Missions needs to be a bit simplified and made more interesting cos atm they are in a really poor state.

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

Trade Slave
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-08-09 09:33:29 UTC
Zloco Crendraven wrote:
Well its a nice addition. Really after doin those missions for few hours those things happen as u loose concentration. Its really not dumbing down, u have to put the items again in your cargo as u did before, so nth really changes. Missions needs to be a bit simplified and made more interesting cos atm they are in a really poor state.

Cause courier missions are interesting?
Max G Force
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-08-09 09:33:51 UTC
Zloco Crendraven wrote:

Of course it's dumbing it down. Won't be able to jump in the ship fly off on a mission get there and discover you've forgot the item. Done that a few times myself in the past, usually because I've been a bit lazy at reading the mission info.

Missions are simple enough now, make them simpler just makes them boring and nothing much more than an isk cash-cow.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#14 - 2012-08-09 09:35:59 UTC
I challenge your assertion that courier missions are cash-cows. Lol
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-08-09 09:41:24 UTC
Courier missions are the new mining.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

AndromacheDarkstar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-08-09 09:43:33 UTC
Max G Force wrote:

I just hate to see games getting easier, it happened to WoW and now this game seems to be heading down the same path.

Seriously, your complaining about the game getting easier yet your spending your time running courier missions, COURIER missions. Becasue flying from one place to the next was really testing your skills in the first place.

People think before you speak, these changes are making the game simpler not easier, tool tips to show gun range save time, reminding you to bring cargo makes life allot nicer becasue flying back through gates allot sucks balls.
Max G Force
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-08-09 09:43:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Max G Force
Mara Rinn wrote:
I challenge your assertion that courier missions are cash-cows. Lol

Well as he did not specify which type of missions in that last line. I took it to be a general comment about missions especially as you can't make courier missions simpler except for making them shorter and have less weight to carry.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#18 - 2012-08-09 09:51:19 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Quote:
Missing Cargo Warning

Lol

How will they cope? The expansion work is yet young, CCP will find a way.

:Congratulations! This is your first log-in into the incredible universe of New Eden!
Thank you for choosing EVE Online!
You WIN!

Ah well, if ya cant beats em' joins em' me says.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Max G Force
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-08-09 09:52:16 UTC
AndromacheDarkstar wrote:
Max G Force wrote:

Seriously, your complaining about the game getting easier yet your spending your time running courier missions, COURIER missions. Becasue flying from one place to the next was really testing your skills in the first place.

People think before you speak, these changes are making the game simpler not easier, tool tips to show gun range save time, reminding you to bring cargo makes life allot nicer becasue flying back through gates allot sucks balls.

Lol, I don't even do courier missions these days, only ever done courier missons as part of a set of missions in the past from the most combat giving agents I could find.

All these changes to save time as you call it, makes the game easier. Trouble is the dumbing down of a game happens over a long period of time and it's the accumulation of the changes that makes the biggest impact.
Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#20 - 2012-08-09 10:11:40 UTC
Max G Force wrote:
Zloco Crendraven wrote:

Of course it's dumbing it down. Won't be able to jump in the ship fly off on a mission get there and discover you've forgot the item. Done that a few times myself in the past, usually because I've been a bit lazy at reading the mission info.

Missions are simple enough now, make them simpler just makes them boring and nothing much more than an isk cash-cow.

i dont mean to simplify the core of the missions. But things like the new UI where u dont have to constantly open and close your journal and this thing now about remembering ppl to put the cargo. But about the core like shooting and other things should make much more random (random spawns, random ships and why not some random gate camps of npcs where they ll try to scram your transport ships).

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

123Next pageLast page