These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New patch makes courier missions too easy!

Author
Gillia Winddancer
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-08-09 10:23:58 UTC
Making information as accessible and easy as possible and reducing the number of clicks to the bare minimum is not dumbing down. It is increasing efficiency. You know, similar things to what say for instance the military spend tons of resources on all the time, all over the world.

Mission reminder that you haven't picked up your cargo is not dumbing down. That is in fact merely a (IMO) bad patchwork for fixing a system that is rather weak to begin with. Cargo could have been added directly to the hold but I doubt that even that would be an optimal solution depending on the situation.

A message that pops up and warns you that a ship has warped on grid whilst you are mining, suggesting that you should perhaps warp off cause there is always a chance that you can be attacked by other players....or even worse, have a toggle feature that does it automatically for you, now THAT is dumbing down the game.

Learn the subtle differences please.
CrazySpaceHobo
Haddock's Legitimate Trading
#22 - 2012-08-09 10:29:05 UTC  |  Edited by: CrazySpaceHobo
This has been in the game since I started playing again, so about a year now. You're a bit late on complaining about it.

EDIT: It also warns you if you undock to do a mission like Damsel if you dont have room in your cargo if I remember correctly. Think i've undocked brimmed with cap boosters a few times.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#23 - 2012-08-09 10:32:04 UTC
CrazySpaceHobo wrote:
This has been in the game since I started playing again, so about a year now. You're a bit late on complaining about it.

Hrm … I'm sure there's been at least one instance where I've left the station without the cargo, but I've not seen this dialog. Perhaps the setting to dismiss it has been reset during the patch?
Max G Force
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-08-09 10:33:44 UTC
Gillia Winddancer wrote:
Making information as accessible and easy as possible and reducing the number of clicks to the bare minimum is not dumbing down. It is increasing efficiency. You know, similar things to what say for instance the military spend tons of resources on all the time, all over the world.

Mission reminder that you haven't picked up your cargo is not dumbing down. That is in fact merely a (IMO) bad patchwork for fixing a system that is rather weak to begin with. Cargo could have been added directly to the hold but I doubt that even that would be an optimal solution depending on the situation.

A message that pops up and warns you that a ship has warped on grid whilst you are mining, suggesting that you should perhaps warp off cause there is always a chance that you can be attacked by other players....or even worse, have a toggle feature that does it automatically for you, now THAT is dumbing down the game.

There is no subtle difference, just you trying to justify it. How many times have we heard actions have consequences, I guess that goes out of the window when it suits.
AndromacheDarkstar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-08-09 10:37:51 UTC
Gillia Winddancer wrote:

Exactly what i was trying to say except said allot better.
AndromacheDarkstar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-08-09 10:40:27 UTC
Max G Force wrote:
Gillia Winddancer wrote:

There is no subtle difference, just you trying to justify it. How many times have we heard actions have consequences, I guess that goes out of the window when it suits.

Really, you would rather the gaem let you make 15 jumps so you have to make them back again, do you do courier missions for the thrill of not knowing if you remembered to bring the cargo, or do you do them to earn isk very easily with minimum effort. Be realistic.

I can only assume your trolling as i fail to understand how anyone could come to this conclusion otherwise. By your train of thought we shouldnt be abel to right click and set destiantion, we should have to look at the map and plan a route. What you need to play is a SIM game.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#27 - 2012-08-09 10:43:54 UTC
The amount of bittervet tears in this thread is really nothing short of marvelous.
Bunolagus
NIPTO
#28 - 2012-08-09 10:45:58 UTC
After reading this I am sitting here asking myself. How does this change make the game worse for people not flying distro missions? I just don't see it. I know there are those who will use the slippery slope argument, but really. A "You forgot your cargo" warning is making the game worse?

This almost as bad as the "my missle range spreadsheet is obsolete" complaint.

Time to get back to my courier missions. I hope I didn't forget my cargo. Oh wait, I don't have to worry about that anymore. Time to unsub.
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#29 - 2012-08-09 10:48:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Shameless Avenger
People will still click ok and undock without the cargo. Bet on it. Better yet... without accepting the mission.

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Bunolagus
NIPTO
#30 - 2012-08-09 10:59:50 UTC
Shameless Avenger wrote:
People will still click ok and undock without the cargo. Bet on it. Better yet... without accepting the mission.

Stop looking over my shoulder when I play. Big smile
Tuch Mei
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-08-09 11:15:21 UTC
Some people just like to moan about the most arbitrary things.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#32 - 2012-08-09 11:19:47 UTC
Oh, and informative popup. Now my hardcore gaming experience is completely ruined.Twisted
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#33 - 2012-08-09 11:25:34 UTC
This is outrageous!

Everyone, fire up the layzors, we're off to the Jita monument again!

Herpaderpaderpa...

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-08-09 11:55:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Okay so the only way you will ever see the message you are complaining about is .. well .. if you forget your stuff .. which obviously you did.
And now you are mad cause your game had to remind you ?

Nice CCP but you should make a voice over in a motherly annoyed voice just to make sure the player never does it again LolLol
Sarik Olecar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-08-09 11:56:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarik Olecar
I used to go sledding down these slopes all the time, but I stopped when I discovered that more often than not, I was being lied to about how slippery they really were...

Hows my posting? Call 1-800-747-7633 to leave feedback.

Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-08-09 12:13:17 UTC
Why do people constantly confuse "user friendly" with "dumbed down"?

In most other MMOs, when you receive an item you will need to finish a quest, it goes into your inventory automatically. Not your bank, not your guild bank. Your inventory. In EVE's case, it should go straight into your ship's cargo hold. Instead of going into your hangar, and you having to remember or be reminded to put it into the cargo.

Unless of course you guys are implying that taking an item and dragging it from your hangar to your cargo is a "skill"? Or having to remember to do it is somehow a "skill testing" event? Because I just don't see it. It's "busy work" at best - series of meaningless or unnecessary manipulations to create the illusion of productive action.
Goremageddon Box
Guerrilla Flotilla
#37 - 2012-08-09 12:22:16 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
This is outrageous!

Everyone, fire up the layzors, we're off to the Jita monument again!

Herpaderpaderpa...

you first baby
Noumena Dingansich
Mice Will Play
#38 - 2012-08-09 12:29:03 UTC
Jame Jarl Retief wrote:
Why do people constantly confuse "user friendly" with "dumbed down"?

In most other MMOs, when you receive an item you will need to finish a quest, it goes into your inventory automatically. Not your bank, not your guild bank. Your inventory. In EVE's case, it should go straight into your ship's cargo hold. Instead of going into your hangar, and you having to remember or be reminded to put it into the cargo.

Actually, I would be really annoyed by this, because sometimes I'll change the ship I'm using according to the size of the cargo and whether or not the destination is in lowsec. However, a pop-up window reminding me that I've forgotten my cargo is actually pretty handy, and I agree that "remembering to put your cargo in your ship" is not a gaming skill.
Elinarien
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-08-09 16:54:06 UTC
What a pointless and trivial matter to complain about.
Ginger Barbarella
#40 - 2012-08-09 16:56:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Barbarella
I predict... *insert hazy waving screen here*

The "new" ganking will be camping of Courier agent starbases and associated system gates to kill all Courier mission runners, leaving the poor, poor miners alone to bot their way to billions.

No, really, let's give it a try. All you awesome high-sec peeveepee-ers should start shooting courier mission runners. Miners are too easy. Prove you're all AWESOME peeveepee-ers...

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac