These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1741 - 2012-03-14 18:45:40 UTC
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Why bother. Vote with your vallets.


The sort of person who gorges themselves on imbalance, congratulates themselves for it, and then blames everyone around them for their own misbehavior isn't someone I will miss when they ragequit in a tantrum.

Toodles.

And remember - this is your own fault.


For your information. I have posted repeatedly on this forums that the titan blob needs a fix. What I dont like is HOW it is fixed. So why dont you shut the f*ck up you useless piece of sh*t. I'm sure Stoffer are eagerly awaiting the blowjob you promised him. You dont want to disappoint. Have a good fanfest.

Not empty quoting.
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1742 - 2012-03-14 18:45:59 UTC
I'd like CCP to be consequent about the changes they are currently making.
Vulnerability from below, immunity from above.
An intriguing enough concept, and such a clearly defined balancing directive should not be limited to the few supercapital pilots, but should be enjoyable by everyone.

Want to field battleships? Bring battlecruiser, cruiser, destroyer and frigate support.
Want to fly vanguard incursion against cruisers/frigates with a battleship fleet loaded to the brim with tracking mods, webs and painters? Too bad for you, bring cruisers/frigates yourself.

Guess for a first start we would need turret/launcher hardpoints with size information to deny the ability to use undersized guns. Then we need a "minimum bandwith per drone" stat to deny launching undersized drones.
And EW modules with size attributes as well, that only work on their own class and larger. This would be a REALLY interesting New Eden to fly around in, full of diverse fleet compositions that require actual teamwork.
Scooter McCabe
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#1743 - 2012-03-14 18:46:14 UTC
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


So you want to penalize alliances that have a better culture in terms of attracting players and getting them to show up for fleet fights. Sorry CCP cannot upgrade your personality.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1744 - 2012-03-14 18:46:21 UTC
Griznatch wrote:
CynoNet Two wrote:
I'd love to see some new stats from mister Turbefield showing:

The average ratio of Drakes that die, compared to the number that are built in one month.
The average ratio of Maelstroms that die, compared to the number that are built in one month.
The average ratio of Dreads/Carriers that die, compared to the number that are built in one month.
The average ratio of Titans that die, compared to the number that are built in one month.
I will literally fellate anyone who can accurately quantify this.
You know, I was going to ask him tomorrow, but now I think I won't bother…
FeLiZk
Loot Industries
#1745 - 2012-03-14 18:46:23 UTC
Ser Berus wrote:


a bloo bloo bloo we actually have to field a balanced fleet


LOL

Balanced is lots of one ship type, drakes or maelstroms ?
Chia Mulholland
Perkone
Caldari State
#1746 - 2012-03-14 18:47:20 UTC
Maybe dropping titans on a CCP fleet back in november wasen't such a bright idea after all
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1747 - 2012-03-14 18:50:41 UTC
FeLiZk wrote:
Ser Berus wrote:


a bloo bloo bloo we actually have to field a balanced fleet


LOL

Balanced is lots of one ship type, drakes or maelstroms ?


if i were raiden. i would probably not be making it so abundantly clear that nobody in raiden knows the first thing about a subcap

it might imply they were a worthless shell of an alliance propped up only through exploiting titans, you see

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1748 - 2012-03-14 18:50:48 UTC
FeLiZk wrote:
Ser Berus wrote:


a bloo bloo bloo we actually have to field a balanced fleet


LOL

Balanced is lots of one ship type, drakes or maelstroms ?


a fleet of maelstroms (or drakes), scimitars, huginns, lachesis, dictors, hictors, and interceptors is just one big blob of maelstroms

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Gossamer DT
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1749 - 2012-03-14 18:50:58 UTC
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


what? even sided fights? is your sandbox full of catnip by chance?

who is your main, and what does he do?

Ser Berus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1750 - 2012-03-14 18:51:48 UTC
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Why bother. Vote with your vallets.


The sort of person who gorges themselves on imbalance, congratulates themselves for it, and then blames everyone around them for their own misbehavior isn't someone I will miss when they ragequit in a tantrum.

Toodles.

And remember - this is your own fault.


For your information. I have posted repeatedly on this forums that the titan blob needs a fix. What I dont like is HOW it is fixed. So why dont you shut the f*ck up you useless piece of sh*t. I'm sure Stoffer are eagerly awaiting the blowjob you promised him. You dont want to disappoint. Have a good fanfest.



Hey, here's a thought: maybe if you didn't use your titans like they were f***ing battlecruisers in every fight, CCP might have been a bit more receptive to your concerns over the need for an iterative approach. You abuse broken game mechanics, broken game mechanics get nerfed, you bloo about it, mittens is smug. Thus it ever was.

For christ's sake, people use titans for ratting. And you seriously believe they didn't need a drastic nerf, and damn fast?
Quest Liem
Doomheim
#1751 - 2012-03-14 18:53:47 UTC
Scooter McCabe wrote:
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


So you want to penalize alliances that have a better culture in terms of attracting players and getting them to show up for fleet fights. Sorry CCP cannot upgrade your personality.



How is that penalizing any alliance? We are making the game more enjoyable for both. You enjoy the game by out numbering your opponent? Is not that not an I win button? I am bring issues that would make the game more fair to everyone who pays to play the game. A 30 on 30 fight is a lot more enjoyable then something like 300 on 50. Do you not agree?
FeLiZk
Loot Industries
#1752 - 2012-03-14 18:54:30 UTC  |  Edited by: FeLiZk
Andski wrote:
FeLiZk wrote:
Ser Berus wrote:


a bloo bloo bloo we actually have to field a balanced fleet


LOL

Balanced is lots of one ship type, drakes or maelstroms ?


a fleet of maelstroms (or drakes), scimitars, huginns, lachesis, dictors, hictors, and interceptors is just one big blob of maelstroms


So we are keeping you on the field with our warp scramblers fitted to every titan. Jesus we have a more mixed fleet then you, we have all you do and carriers/SC/Titans -> just in less numbers ill give you that.
Ser Berus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1753 - 2012-03-14 18:55:16 UTC
Quest Liem wrote:
Scooter McCabe wrote:
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


So you want to penalize alliances that have a better culture in terms of attracting players and getting them to show up for fleet fights. Sorry CCP cannot upgrade your personality.



How is that penalizing any alliance? We are making the game more enjoyable for both. You enjoy the game by out numbering your opponent? Is not that not an I win button? I am bring issues that would make the game more fair to everyone who pays to play the game. A 30 on 30 fight is a lot more enjoyable then something like 300 on 50. Do you not agree?


Yes, because you see I signed up to play WOW and furthermore,
Quest Liem
Doomheim
#1754 - 2012-03-14 18:55:22 UTC
Gossamer DT wrote:
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


what? even sided fights? is your sandbox full of catnip by chance?



Image that? even sided fights who in the world would enjoy that?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1755 - 2012-03-14 18:56:53 UTC
nerf blocs that can form full fleets at the drop of a hat because they're dishonourable and keep their members engaged in the game

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Quest Liem
Doomheim
#1756 - 2012-03-14 18:57:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Quest Liem
Ser Berus wrote:
Quest Liem wrote:
Scooter McCabe wrote:
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


So you want to penalize alliances that have a better culture in terms of attracting players and getting them to show up for fleet fights. Sorry CCP cannot upgrade your personality.



How is that penalizing any alliance? We are making the game more enjoyable for both. You enjoy the game by out numbering your opponent? Is not that not an I win button? I am bring issues that would make the game more fair to everyone who pays to play the game. A 30 on 30 fight is a lot more enjoyable then something like 300 on 50. Do you not agree?


Yes, because you see I signed up to play WOW and furthermore,



Yes a very intelligent reply, we are here trying to fix this game and make in more enjoyable and yet you reply with this, that has nothing to do with EVE. Next time please don't hit the reply button unless you have something to say
FeLiZk
Loot Industries
#1757 - 2012-03-14 18:57:49 UTC  |  Edited by: FeLiZk
On a side note I think it is so funny Goons are complaining about being blobbed, what is not funny is CCP is listening.

Change Titans by all means but don't do it for them. And don't rush it for them.
Gossamer DT
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1758 - 2012-03-14 18:58:01 UTC
Quest Liem wrote:
Scooter McCabe wrote:
Quest Liem wrote:
I believe in it is a definite imbalance if one group can field more people then the other. We play this game to be fair and have fun, how fun is it to be outnumbered 50 to 1? Not very, in the best interest of this game CCP should come up with a way to limit the number of combatants in a signal system. I mean we do need to be fair and give someone s sporting chance.


So you want to penalize alliances that have a better culture in terms of attracting players and getting them to show up for fleet fights. Sorry CCP cannot upgrade your personality.



How is that penalizing any alliance? We are making the game more enjoyable for both. You enjoy the game by out numbering your opponent? Is not that not an I win button? I am bring issues that would make the game more fair to everyone who pays to play the game. A 30 on 30 fight is a lot more enjoyable then something like 300 on 50. Do you not agree?


I think you are looking for hi sec and war dec's we are tearing about titans in this thread, can you go find a lets be even sided fights thread some where else? TIA

who is your main, and what does he do?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1759 - 2012-03-14 18:58:23 UTC
this is a callout for the mittani

how dare you run a coalition that provides game content for thousands of real players!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

GeneralDisturbed
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1760 - 2012-03-14 18:59:00 UTC
It is refreshing to see at least one titan blobber willing to come in and admit that they saw a pretty good subcap fight in progress and thought "Man we should just drop supers all over that". You know, risk/reward or whatever.