These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Dev Blog: Your Client, Made Gooder

First post First post First post
Author
Rasz Lin
#141 - 2012-02-17 05:27:19 UTC
Tried it, HATE forced overview lock when mouse is over it
overview now looks like a mess with half being grey. If I wanted to have locked overview I would PRESS CTRL ....
SillyWaif
#142 - 2012-02-17 20:37:06 UTC
blog wrote:

BONUS GOODNESS:

Since the overview and brackets share a lot of code, we made them a bit faster by accident. I hope you don’t mind.

Unfortunately the opposite is true for me. Sad
The overview is really sluggish. In missions the overview updates in seconds instead of 'instantly'.
So the baddies which just died, turn grey, and a second or two later get removed from overview.
Also the red blinking is a clear on - off - on - off as if someone is manually throwing a switch on and off Ugh

Dunno if the second client update has anything to do with the that code as especially today its bad...

Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#143 - 2012-02-17 22:04:42 UTC
The overview is much more sluggish now if you have your mouse over it. It's ridiculous for me, when I need to select a lot of wrecks quickly and cant because I have to mouse off the frakking overview each time to get an update of what is closest and what has been removed.

By the way Eve devs, when a wreck is salvaged, it is GONE not grey. It serves no useful purpose to leave it in the overview greyed out. This stuff pisses me off because it makes playing harder, and this game is already hard enough to play.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#144 - 2012-02-18 00:14:04 UTC
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
The overview is much more sluggish now if you have your mouse over it. It's ridiculous for me, when I need to select a lot of wrecks quickly and cant because I have to mouse off the frakking overview each time to get an update of what is closest and what has been removed.

By the way Eve devs, when a wreck is salvaged, it is GONE not grey. It serves no useful purpose to leave it in the overview greyed out. This stuff pisses me off because it makes playing harder, and this game is already hard enough to play.

If you read the dev blog, it's not sluggish. It's locked.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Aineko Macx
#145 - 2012-02-18 08:42:38 UTC
Question to Veritas:
It seems TiDi is capped at 10% minimum speed. What happens if the load is so great it would require even slower TiDi? Does it fall back to "traditional lag", i.e. Dogma running with higher priority than the other subsystems?
Mia Trouble
Phoenix Hell Raiser
#146 - 2012-02-18 20:55:08 UTC
yay great i love the new overveiw feature,especially the way ships that have been destroyed still hang around for a few seconds after they have been destroyed. hope thats what you were aiming for because you have acheived it well. If i see nay other places that are bug free i shall point it out we want moar bugs Ugh

I am optimistically pessimistic 

Bent Barrel
#147 - 2012-02-20 09:18:28 UTC
huge performance regression for me. got this with Crudible 1.0, then got my pef back with Crucible 1.1 ... now I am back to Crucible 1.0 crawl ....

also the mouseover locking is terrible.

one Q: why does ctrl activate locking on overview selected item ? I mean I click on somebody, then press CTRL and locking starts. THIS IS ******** !!!! I can lock people by accident this way ...
Karia Sur
Quay Industries
#148 - 2012-02-20 12:15:04 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:

If you read the dev blog, it's not sluggish. It's locked.

no its not locked, its lag/delay. My mouse pointer is nowhere near the overview and any wrecks i salvage turn grey then after between 1 and 2 seconds, disappear. Its the biggest step backwards CCP have done in ages.
vikari
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#149 - 2012-02-20 16:09:35 UTC
We do appreciate your work on the UI. Hands down it's outstanding. However if there was ever anything we really wanted it is to have customizable UI. We want to have community built addons that we can use.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#150 - 2012-02-20 20:33:09 UTC
Bent Barrel wrote:
huge performance regression for me. got this with Crudible 1.0, then got my pef back with Crucible 1.1 ... now I am back to Crucible 1.0 crawl ....

also the mouseover locking is terrible.

one Q: why does ctrl activate locking on overview selected item ? I mean I click on somebody, then press CTRL and locking starts. THIS IS ******** !!!! I can lock people by accident this way ...

Bent Barrel, what sort of video card (and other specs) do you have? I'm curious about this performance regression.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#151 - 2012-02-21 03:15:58 UTC
Karia Sur wrote:
no its not locked, its lag/delay. My mouse pointer is nowhere near the overview and any wrecks i salvage turn grey then after between 1 and 2 seconds, disappear. Its the biggest step backwards CCP have done in ages.

I love it, because it means that I can choose the next target(s) before they shift upward. It's especially nice when salvaging, because of the rate that a Noctis goes through wrecks.

But the real reason I'm posting is to thank the people who spiffed up the Mac client. It no longer crashes on warp. It no longer crashes on dock. It no longer crashes with the default graphics settings. It's rock solid, and EVE looks so much better now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Fellblade
Old Comrades
#152 - 2012-02-21 08:46:12 UTC
Since the patch with the new Overview performance enhancements, I've been getting a number of system crashes on my Q6600 / AMD 6970HD 2Gb system.

http://theexcession.blogspot.com - A Wormhole PvP blog.

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#153 - 2012-02-21 09:16:54 UTC
Fellblade wrote:
Since the patch with the new Overview performance enhancements, I've been getting a number of system crashes on my Q6600 / AMD 6970HD 2Gb system.

AMD Radeon HD 6800 as well latest drivers

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

sudobaal theblooded
Perkone
Caldari State
#154 - 2012-02-21 11:29:00 UTC
yeah overview is bad now.. was way better before, now you get ships blow on haning for 1-2 seconds and keeps messing up my overview settings also.. =/

please roll back to the former overview.
Mia Trouble
Phoenix Hell Raiser
#155 - 2012-02-21 19:21:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mia Trouble
Oh great now i can lock targets i dont want..? So no priming weapons before targeting anymore or concord are gonna have a field day. just gotta love the new EA approch to fixing things "hey thats working fine lets break it " didnt anyone ever tell you if its not borken leave it the F*** alone overview is practically unmanagable now. its ok i found a new way no need for overveiw any more just zoom out hover mouse over target and it stacks them so you can pick out your target. oh crap should of kept that to myself now theyre gonna fix that

I am optimistically pessimistic