These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Like and Get Likes Thread - Renewed (Again)

First post First post First post
Author
Yiole Gionglao
#2861 - 2017-06-17 07:01:28 UTC
By the way, good morning snipe!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Yiole Gionglao
#2862 - 2017-06-17 07:13:19 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Timezone o/

Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Also: the problem with flying cars is that coolness is lost when going from concept to reality

Does it fly? Yes
Is it a car? Define "car"...
Is it cool? Sweet lord, he controls it by pulling strings...!

This one is prettier. Its so pretty I would drive it.


A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The problem with flying cars is that there's too much "flying" for an appropiate car and too much "car" for appropiate flying.

The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither -Confucius.

But some will keep trying!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2863 - 2017-06-17 08:54:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Tritanium, Nocxium, bla, bla, bla, yaddy, yaddy, yadda.

If I would discover some marvelously cohesive substance, I would call it Lesbium. 👌
Tikari Ishin
Motiveless Malignity
Clockwork Pineapple
#2864 - 2017-06-17 11:14:37 UTC
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Tikari Ishin wrote:
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Also: the problem with flying cars is that coolness is lost when going from concept to reality

Does it fly? Yes
Is it a car? Define "car"...
Is it cool? Sweet lord, he controls it by pulling strings...!


Litteraly just a parachute attached to a buggy... :|


Yeah. It's a barebones "flying car" and a good instance on why flying cars will never work on Earth. Maybe on lower gravities with a good atmosphere (terraformed Mars...? Indoors at the Moon?) but here on Earth, there's no way.


Of course they can work on earth, the problem, as usual, lies in a powerful enough energy solution.
If someone were to figure out a way to mass produce a highly efficient, lightweight battery tomorrow we'd have the first flying car prototypes within a year or two at most.

Self-proclaimed queen of Syndicate.

Come fight my rifter in 35-RK9, ship provided for free.

Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
Trigger Happy.
#2865 - 2017-06-17 11:20:03 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Tritanium, Nocxium, bla, bla, bla, yaddy, yaddy, yadda.

If I would discover some marvelously cohesive substance, I would call it Lesbium. 👌


How about cummingtonite?

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2866 - 2017-06-17 11:25:35 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Tritanium, Nocxium, bla, bla, bla, yaddy, yaddy, yadda.

If I would discover some marvelously cohesive substance, I would call it Lesbium. 👌


How about cummingtonite?

Love it. ❤️️
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#2867 - 2017-06-17 19:06:49 UTC
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2868 - 2017-06-17 22:09:01 UTC
Yiole Gionglao
#2869 - 2017-06-17 22:30:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
Oh, look at what lovely couple, in such wonderful scenery!

Ishtanchuk & a Ferrari F40 impression aka Grotti Turismo Classic, painted white, somewhere with a lighthouse. I'd be happier if it was the Testarossa impression (Grotti Cheetah Classic) for a Miami Vice look, but the Cheetah Classic hasn't been released yet. The Turismo Classic It's a supercool car, nonetheless.

Ish swears she'll keep spending money tomorrow!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Yiole Gionglao
#2870 - 2017-06-17 22:31:26 UTC
But today it's late, my eyes are closing and I'm off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#2871 - 2017-06-18 06:41:29 UTC
Active people in the thread seem to be few. EVE is dying.
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#2872 - 2017-06-18 07:15:32 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Tritanium, Nocxium, bla, bla, bla, yaddy, yaddy, yadda.

If I would discover some marvelously cohesive substance, I would call it Lesbium. 👌


How about cummingtonite?


Maybe you need some Dickite.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2873 - 2017-06-18 07:24:04 UTC
Timezone o/

Ria Nieyli wrote:
Active people in the thread seem to be few. EVE is dying.

I remember it was the same year before. Maybe even slower.

"You have no balls" - Hilmar 2011.

New meme is born. \o/

Yiole Gionglao
#2874 - 2017-06-18 08:06:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
Ria Nieyli wrote:
Active people in the thread seem to be few. EVE is dying.


Paging Eddie Cochran!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Yiole Gionglao
#2875 - 2017-06-18 08:07:46 UTC
And good morning LAGLers!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Tikari Ishin
Motiveless Malignity
Clockwork Pineapple
#2876 - 2017-06-18 11:59:20 UTC
And a good morning to you!

Self-proclaimed queen of Syndicate.

Come fight my rifter in 35-RK9, ship provided for free.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2877 - 2017-06-18 17:12:43 UTC
And good evening. \o/

I have been outside house today, visiting grandpa and grandma. Visiting old, forgotten places, rural climates. Watching how it all changed. Remembering the old times. Ah, you have to do that from time to time, its something to remember in this life. Even when you see ruins, it makes you remember the days of joy. \o/

😄👍😎🐷 (yes, pigs were raised there too in the pigsty, ancient times)
Yiole Gionglao
#2878 - 2017-06-18 18:03:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
Nana Skalski wrote:
And good evening. \o/

I have been outside house today, visiting grandpa and grandma. Visiting old, forgotten places, rural climates. Watching how it all changed. Remembering the old times. Ah, you have to do that from time to time, its something to remember in this life. Even when you see ruins, it makes you remember the days of joy. \o/

😄👍😎🐷 (yes, pigs were raised there too in the pigsty, ancient times)


Being a third generation urbanite, I really don't know what it is to live or work in the countryside or a small town or village. I recall when I was a child and many children in my school would spend the summer vacations with their families at their home villages, with their grandpas and uncles and cousins and so. Whereas we were stuck in the city without money to vacation anywhere... we were so poor we didn't even had a home village to go to! Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2879 - 2017-06-18 18:08:04 UTC
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
And good evening. \o/

I have been outside house today, visiting grandpa and grandma. Visiting old, forgotten places, rural climates. Watching how it all changed. Remembering the old times. Ah, you have to do that from time to time, its something to remember in this life. Even when you see ruins, it makes you remember the days of joy. \o/

😄👍😎🐷 (yes, pigs were raised there too in the pigsty, ancient times)


Being a third generation urbanite, I really don't know what it is to live or work in the countryside or a small town or village. I recall when I was a child and many children in my school would spend the summer vacations with their families at their home villages, with their grandpas and uncles and cousins and so. Whereas we were stuck in the city without money to vacation anywhere... we were so poor we didn't even had a home village to go to! Lol

Well, I like urban life, its so easy. You dont have to do a lot of work every morning and evening. But maybe its too boring? And too far away from nature?
Tikari Ishin
Motiveless Malignity
Clockwork Pineapple
#2880 - 2017-06-18 20:26:21 UTC
Having lived in the countryside my entire life so far I'm rather looking forward to being able to afford moving a little closer to the city.
Not sure how centralised I could stand living though.

Self-proclaimed queen of Syndicate.

Come fight my rifter in 35-RK9, ship provided for free.