These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

119.5 - General Feedback

First post
Author
Deus Reliquit
JKRO CORP
#181 - 2017-05-10 19:21:14 UTC
Queloor Zefram wrote:
I am a supremely dissatisfied customer. Like super pissed off. Patch "successfully deployed", the irony in that phrase .....

CCP dev, why this stark raving madness?

1.
Bring back the advanced sound settings. Today!

2.
The probe scanner window is one step forward and three backwards. Having to use the keyboard and the mouse to scan, having to travel longer distances on screen, etc, etc, etc, pp. The new probe scanner window is not yet ready for prime time.

3.
Nobody in their right mind wants a plex vault. If you remove risk from the game, then why not respawn my ship after it gets killed. Risk/Reward belongs to this game, take it away and I can go play something else.

4.
Nobody in their right mind wants a plex vault showing up in the inventory of an undocked ship.

5.
CPU load when minimized is higher, when you run multiple accounts that is an issue.

6.
"Removed Output dropdown from TE and ME jobs (As they didn't do anything)"
Not true! Are you even doing industry sometimes before you remove functionality that lets me move bpo from one container to the next as they are being researched ? I have bpos packaged and unresearch in one container. Then I progress with ME to a lvl 6 container, then to a ME level 8 container, then to a ME level 9-10 container. The same with TE. Please put that functionality back asap!

7.
No plex for character transfers

8.
Haven't tried it yet, but apparently no plex for game time donation from one account to another ?

I ll now cancel the automatic subscription on five active accounts, if you try to fix this stuff then ok, if not, goodbye.




#5 needs to be in red and urgent... also add in the GPU!
Sky Marshal
Core Industry.
Blades of Grass
#182 - 2017-05-10 19:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Sky Marshal
Queloor Zefram wrote:
I am a supremely dissatisfied customer. Like super pissed off. Patch "successfully deployed", the irony in that phrase .....

CCP dev, why this stark raving madness?

1.
Bring back the advanced sound settings. Today!

2.
The probe scanner window is one step forward and three backwards. Having to use the keyboard and the mouse to scan, having to travel longer distances on screen, etc, etc, etc, pp. The new probe scanner window is not yet ready for prime time.

4.
Nobody in their right mind wants a plex vault showing up in the inventory of an undocked ship.

5.
CPU load when minimized is higher, when you run multiple accounts that is an issue.

6.
"Removed Output dropdown from TE and ME jobs (As they didn't do anything)"
Not true! Are you even doing industry sometimes before you remove functionality that lets me move bpo from one container to the next as they are being researched ? I have bpos packaged and unresearch in one container. Then I progress with ME to a lvl 6 container, then to a ME level 8 container, then to a ME level 9-10 container. The same with TE. Please put that functionality back asap!

7.
No plex for character transfers


This, especialy #1 (for the LAST TIME, MORE options is MANDATORY, remove them is the WORST choice you can make. Eve Players aren't lambda/dumb users and so need them, whatever your so-called UI specialists can say), and #5 (Process Explorer is crazy right now)

"Move to Plex Vault" don't seem to work from the Assets window. I have to move from multiple locations to get them back. As usual, it was better... before.
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#183 - 2017-05-10 20:19:43 UTC
Can we get the patch notes for May 10th plz Question

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Alia Nadasdy
Imperial's Capsulers
#184 - 2017-05-10 21:31:50 UTC
RIP
Farewell, my most beautiful ship in the game SadSadSad

"We are the Harbingers of hope, We are the Sword of the Righteous"

"We are a shadow of the former greatness of the Empire"

Purist Lord Admiral Victor

Zinn Tesla Hadron
Quantum Convent
#185 - 2017-05-10 22:09:23 UTC
Mark my words, there is going to come a day, in the not too distant future, when that +60 BONUS PLEX disappears from the PLEX page. And then it really will be 440 PLEX for $19.99.


There is no other reason to do this except to set up a change to the real price of PLEX that CCP was moving towards all along.


That'll be the last day i log into this game.




Que Ess
The Brotherhood.
Tactical Narcotics Team
#186 - 2017-05-11 00:16:26 UTC
Bring back Advanced Audio.

The game is unplayable with audio enabled now.
Annexe
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#187 - 2017-05-11 02:24:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Annexe
updates.eveonline.com/

Not a single mention of upcoming Audio Settings changes.


It really gets to me when CCP sneak in changes that they feel won't affect the game or the community, but instead seem to cause a lot of drama, that probably could have been avoided.
This site was developed to allow CCP to communicate to the public the upcoming changes in a patch, so why not mention ALL the changes, no matter how brief, and allow those who are concerned to check them out on SISI and give their feedback, while development is still ongoing.
I really feel this site is under-utilised, not well maintained, and not very well developed.


Had I known BEFORE the patch, that CCP were going to simplify the Advanced Audio Settings and merge a lot of sounds into single sliders, I would have spoken up earlier.




On a positive note, +1 for;
Increased contract duration
drone/fighter damage colours
suns!

I'm on the fence about the PLEX changes, but lets see where it goes.

Annexe

ITAI - VIP

"i will pop your wreck with faction loot"

Ocean Ormand
Bagel and Lox
#188 - 2017-05-11 02:35:30 UTC
Ok I will forgive you for everything else if you will just tell me how to get rid of the dscan bong that happens every time one of my toons jumps into a new system.

Andrian Dallocort
Andromida Interstellar Enterprises
#189 - 2017-05-11 08:03:47 UTC
I don't understand why people are so upset about a fairly small (10%? 20%?) change in the game money cost to receive free game play.

Its a bad idea that CCP ever allowed anyone to play without paying a monthly subscription cost in real money. Everyone playing EVE should be paying the same amount to play, per character or per account. It seems like a spoiled brat reaction to be stomping feet and threatening to take your toys and go home (ie quit playing EVE) because of a small percentage change. Would it be so wrong, bad, or outrageous if CCP just said they were not going to give away free play anymore and everyone had to pay $10 per month to play? That's not a lot of money, especially compared to the play value obtained by serious players.

There should be no cross-mixing of game and real money, in either direction. Players should not be able to pay real money to have in-game advantages nor should CCP pay players to play the game by giving them free play at some level of achievement, measured using game money.

Keep it pure. Mixing real money and game money is a recipe for ruining a game. CCP should step away from the edge and keep the game honest. We players should help them by embracing paying our fair share in monthly fees in real money so they can run the business, but discouraging the practice of pay-for-advantage.
Erebus 'TheChin' Sundance
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2017-05-11 09:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Erebus 'TheChin' Sundance
The price of Plex has not gone up by much, it's miniscule, and if you read the plethora of previous comments you will see a correlation between accepting a slight fee increase versus being provided with solid content worthy of those fees.

I subbed annually, so I can't add anything valuable to that debate, but in conjunction with this they have not provided adequate content, quite the opposite in fact. They have changed, altered and removed solid content and replaced it with poor, even ********, content.

From the posts in this thread, it's quite clear there is discontentment afoot.

I can't threaten to unsub as I already cancelled a couple of months ago simply because unless you play in a large null alliance with rigged members on the CSM CCP don't seem interested one iota what you think. It's not a sandbox.

My last hope is the stupendous CCP Karkur bringing a can of kung foo whoop ass on the responsible team and getting the simplified audio travesty undone or at least amended to have a few more options. Sorting out the Plex vault from appearing everywhere and reducing lag while the scan window is open. As she seems to be the only one their that cares about the little things (that aren't very little anymore)

Where are the CSM in this? What can they do to help in our time of need. Why are we even voting for a council anymore?

edit: the word re-tar-ded seems to be blocked.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#191 - 2017-05-11 10:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Andrian Dallocort wrote:
I don't understand why people are so upset about a fairly small (10%? 20%?) change in the game money cost to receive free game play.

Its a bad idea that CCP ever allowed anyone to play without paying a monthly subscription cost in real money. Everyone playing EVE should be paying the same amount to play, per character or per account. It seems like a spoiled brat reaction to be stomping feet and threatening to take your toys and go home (ie quit playing EVE) because of a small percentage change. Would it be so wrong, bad, or outrageous if CCP just said they were not going to give away free play anymore and everyone had to pay $10 per month to play? That's not a lot of money, especially compared to the play value obtained by serious players.

There should be no cross-mixing of game and real money, in either direction. Players should not be able to pay real money to have in-game advantages nor should CCP pay players to play the game by giving them free play at some level of achievement, measured using game money.

Keep it pure. Mixing real money and game money is a recipe for ruining a game. CCP should step away from the edge and keep the game honest. We players should help them by embracing paying our fair share in monthly fees in real money so they can run the business, but discouraging the practice of pay-for-advantage.

The game costs 15$ a month, not 10$. In the USA, 15$ might not be a lot of money, but not every country has the same income level as the USA. In many eastern European countries for example, people earn 3-4 times less than in people in the USA, so 15$ are like 60$. So when you run multiple accounts, like most EVE players do, the game costs 120$ or more per month.

PLEX is a great solution for that problem.

Pay-for-advantage is bad, i agree, but i dont see a way to sell game time for ISK without a PLEX (real money) to ISK conversion.
Lupp0 PeakyBlinder
050 Holdings
#192 - 2017-05-11 11:15:06 UTC
Can we PLEASE have the option for the old probe/dscan menu again.
Because this new menu is not even adjustable and takes up 1/3 of my screen.. I BEG YOU! :(
Fabled Katana
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#193 - 2017-05-11 11:23:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabled Katana
£9.99 30 days gametime
£16.99 for 500 plex including the 13% bonus? 500plex = Omega game time

Think maybe something might be wrong here.....
Trixi Laminer
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#194 - 2017-05-11 12:26:48 UTC
Lupp0 PeakyBlinder wrote:
Can we PLEASE have the option for the old probe/dscan menu again.
Because this new menu is not even adjustable and takes up 1/3 of my screen.. I BEG YOU! :(


You can press escape change the fixed window etc graphics settings then press escape and move the scan windows,
then press escape and set back to the graphics settings you liked if it was fullscreen etc..
should fix the bug where scan window and scan map is slightly outside the monitor.
Tsutomi Sakuma
Antimatter Delivery Systems
#195 - 2017-05-11 13:13:53 UTC
AFK Hauler wrote:
Tsutomi Sakuma wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Drigo Segvian wrote:
So how much was the increase if any? $1, $2 a month? $19.99 a plex?

I spend more on a burger and fries for me and my wife.... #nopoors

A lot more than you think. Just compare these 2 pictures: Old PLEX Prices vs. New PLEX prices. For instance: You got 6 full months of Game Time before the changes, now you only get 5 Months and 72% of the 6th month of game time. That's a lot more than than just 1 or 2 dollars per month in increased cost, infact, it's more than 5 USD on the 6th month that you need to spend extra because you did not get a full month of subscription value.


Those old prices were during a goddamn sale - not even a valid comparison.



Math is hard, I get it...

New PLEX price is 440 for $19.99 - You are counting the "free" plex given that is not part of the price you pay.

The current offering is a SALE price just like the other sale price because some of the PLEX you receive is FREE....



Math is not hard - twisting numbers to suit your argument on the other hand...
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#196 - 2017-05-11 14:13:47 UTC
Tsutomi Sakuma wrote:
AFK Hauler wrote:
Tsutomi Sakuma wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Drigo Segvian wrote:
So how much was the increase if any? $1, $2 a month? $19.99 a plex?

I spend more on a burger and fries for me and my wife.... #nopoors

A lot more than you think. Just compare these 2 pictures: Old PLEX Prices vs. New PLEX prices. For instance: You got 6 full months of Game Time before the changes, now you only get 5 Months and 72% of the 6th month of game time. That's a lot more than than just 1 or 2 dollars per month in increased cost, infact, it's more than 5 USD on the 6th month that you need to spend extra because you did not get a full month of subscription value.


Those old prices were during a goddamn sale - not even a valid comparison.



Math is hard, I get it...

New PLEX price is 440 for $19.99 - You are counting the "free" plex given that is not part of the price you pay.

The current offering is a SALE price just like the other sale price because some of the PLEX you receive is FREE....



Math is not hard - twisting numbers to suit your argument on the other hand...



Numbers are numbers, they can't be twisted. Only someone who doesn't understand would see it that way.

Jommis
Air
The Initiative.
#197 - 2017-05-11 14:22:13 UTC
I want the old probe scanner back...
Alia Nadasdy
Imperial's Capsulers
#198 - 2017-05-11 14:36:27 UTC
Jommis wrote:
I want the old probe scanner back...

You have to suffer (с)

"We are the Harbingers of hope, We are the Sword of the Righteous"

"We are a shadow of the former greatness of the Empire"

Purist Lord Admiral Victor

Sagara Mithril
Cro-Magnons
Cavemen.
#199 - 2017-05-11 15:48:32 UTC
No point in breaking the PLEX into 500 parts if you can't activate 1.4 hours of Omega time with 1 plex. WAKE UP CCP, this would be a nice change for PLEX...
Duo Roman
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#200 - 2017-05-11 16:12:44 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:
The game costs 15$ a month, not 10$.


It's 10.95USD if you get a full year of subscription. Wait for deals (like the 120days of multiple character training they did recently) and it may be even better.