These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: PLEX Changes On The Way!

First post First post First post
Author
Nosum Hseebnrido
Interregnum.
#161 - 2017-03-16 18:28:38 UTC
In my opinion, this change is simply stupid and unnecessary.

1 plex will equal 500 plex, with will equal 30 days.

So everyone who want to use it to extend sub will have to spend exactly same amount of ISK in order to get 500p and tranfer them into sub. Where is the logic? Just stop with this idiotic game 'simplification'.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Nosum_Hseebnrido

Roland Schlosser
Meteor Industrial Complex
#162 - 2017-03-16 18:31:25 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Roland Schlosser wrote:
After years of trying to kill the price of PLEX on the market, CCP has finally found a winning formula.

The only reason they're doing this is to make the barrier to subbing lower for those casuals they so desperately want playing EVE


And this is bad how?



Casuals are always bad.
SIEGE RED
The Darwin Foundation
#163 - 2017-03-16 18:32:07 UTC
Cearain wrote:



It looks like the price of plex went up pretty sharply the last 3 days after holding steady for months.


That's one area. Take note of extractors. Volumes pulled. Injectors is always more tricky, thanks to the madness of Perimeter Trade Wars. There's a set of very interesting correlations, both through behavioural patterns as well as over the statistical analysis angle. When those get upset it's usually a good sign of a cleanup but that follows a very different softer curve. This is way more like previous incidents.


But as I said, who knows, could be CSM, some other avenue, maybe someone applied some finance bpm to CCP - whichever the case, in EVE it usually comes down to "help where's that SEC" Big smile
Julian Aldurald
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#164 - 2017-03-16 18:33:09 UTC
I think this is a good change technically but I'd way prefer the PLEXto be presented in a less dominand way than in the items window like that.

Maybe in the character sheet or by the wallet but the items window is one of the core features you work with all of the time and having PLEX in there in such a dominant manner makes the game feel way more pay to win than it is actually trying to be.
IcyMidnight
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#165 - 2017-03-16 18:35:11 UTC
Now that the NES store currency can be liquid and people can sell the excess, are you guys going to stop doing that disgusting thing of pricing the NES store items at values that are difficult to divide evenly into currency packs?
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#166 - 2017-03-16 18:36:46 UTC
Nosum Hseebnrido wrote:
In my opinion, this change is simply stupid and unnecessary.

1 plex will equal 500 plex, with will equal 30 days.

So everyone who want to use it to extend sub will have to spend exactly same amount of ISK in order to get 500p and tranfer them into sub. Where is the logic? Just stop with this idiotic game 'simplification'.


Because it mean they can delete a currency from the game universe. Aurums are gone. Every service/items they sell will now sell for variable amount of PLEX. They can now implement services at a cost lower than a "full PLEX" without going through a separate currency.
Unandi Nokana
Mi Stigri NV
#167 - 2017-03-16 18:37:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Unandi Nokana
maybe somebody already pointed it out but:
Quote:

We think it would be great if it could be broken into smaller units that fit your needs rather than always being bound to the size of 30 days.

-snip-

Q: With smaller PLEX, will I be able to buy less than 30 days of Omega time?
A: We currently we have no plans regarding smaller game time packages.


What?
Jack Oat
Brothers In Arms.
#168 - 2017-03-16 18:42:57 UTC
Lets say i have 800 AUR
Will i be able to exchange it for plex ?

Please make it possible.
Nosum Hseebnrido
Interregnum.
#169 - 2017-03-16 18:45:14 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Nosum Hseebnrido wrote:
In my opinion, this change is simply stupid and unnecessary.

1 plex will equal 500 plex, with will equal 30 days.

So everyone who want to use it to extend sub will have to spend exactly same amount of ISK in order to get 500p and tranfer them into sub. Where is the logic? Just stop with this idiotic game 'simplification'.


Because it mean they can delete a currency from the game universe. Aurums are gone. Every service/items they sell will now sell for variable amount of PLEX. They can now implement services at a cost lower than a "full PLEX" without going through a separate currency.

They could adjust how much aurum you get for one plex, and add game time token in to aurum store. Problem solve. No need to turn everything upsidedown.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Nosum_Hseebnrido

Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
Joint Venture Conglomerate
#170 - 2017-03-16 18:47:31 UTC
So CCP are taking my 90 Aur and giving me nothing in return?

That was my pension fund you robbing bastards Ugh

Fear God and Thread Nought

Nosum Hseebnrido
Interregnum.
#171 - 2017-03-16 18:47:40 UTC
Jack Oat wrote:
Lets say i have 800 AUR
Will i be able to exchange it for plex ?

Please make it possible.

No, you need at least 1000 AUR in order to get them transfer in to new plex system(with ratio 7:1).

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Nosum_Hseebnrido

Ben Ishikela
#172 - 2017-03-16 18:48:26 UTC
Quote:
For example, a balance of 1050 Aurum would be converted into 150 PLEX.


Does this mean a profit of 45 plex for odd numbers?

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Skully Luv
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#173 - 2017-03-16 18:51:26 UTC
If CCP wants more people to subscribe how about they respect existing subscribers and not short them when "specials" come out for new subs.
nameloading
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#174 - 2017-03-16 18:53:19 UTC
CCP,

what are you guys thinking at present with these changes? the system is cumber sum? so lets change everything to base 500 instead. cause that wont cause confusion one bit. if you guys are having issues explaining how an exchange function works then maybe its on your teams side inability to communicate how this function works. idk maybe a simple chart could do it OR YOU COULD NOT HAVE IMPLEMENTED A SECOND CURRENCY AND BY PASSED THIS WHOLE SYSTEM. Ship skins could have been a perfect isk sink but instead you turned it into a cash grab.

i am very very confused as to how this is supposed to make everyone life easier.

for instance "you will need 500 new plex for 1 month of game time but this will allow us to sell plex at cheaper prices" so basically you will sell us 1/500th of a plex for pennies? but you'll still need around 14.99 for one plex right? cause ill very much doubt youll do this in a way that will make sure you are making less money off of this market.

oh dont forget you can only activate for 30 days of game time. too. im willing to bet that you did not run this by the CSM. im not one to post to much because of my clear lack of ability for proper grammar and the likes but this can not happen CCP. for the love of BOB.


THIS RANT BEING SAID I STILL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU IN ICELAND THIS YEAR.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#175 - 2017-03-16 18:53:48 UTC
Ben Ishikela wrote:
Quote:
For example, a balance of 1050 Aurum would be converted into 150 PLEX.


Does this mean a profit of 45 plex for odd numbers?


It's a conversion at 7 to one. If your current aurum is not over 1k and not a complete multiple of 7, I'd bet you will lose aurum and that will be the end of it.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#176 - 2017-03-16 18:54:48 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Def Monk wrote:
So, 500 plex works out to be 1hr, 26min, 24 seconds of game time per PLEX. Why not convert them all to 720 units, which will make every plex exactly 1 hour of game time?

One nice outcome about this is someone can say "Hey, I wanna buy/give 1 week of play time". And they can do that now. But, then the question rises: how many do I need? With the current 500 per plex, that math is complicated and dumb. At 1 hour per, its simple: 24 hours, 7 days, I need 168 PLEX.

If there's a specific reason for 500, I'd love to know.

EDIT: My math is assuming 1 PLEX = 30 days.


This.

Reducing needless complexity makes sense, adding needless complexity on top of it does not.




You will only be able to get game time in 30 day chunks.



That is far from clear from the actual public dev blog. Do you say this based on your csm discussions?

copy/paste from the blog
Q: With smaller PLEX, will I be able to buy less than 30 days of Omega time?
A: We currently we have no plans regarding smaller game time packages.

but tl;dr am I right?

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#177 - 2017-03-16 18:56:02 UTC
Skully Luv wrote:
If CCP wants more people to subscribe how about they respect existing subscribers and not short them when "specials" come out for new subs.


Pretty much every corporation treat new customers with offers only available if you are new. This isn't unique to CCP. It's actaully pretty standard in services sold for subscriptions.
beakerax
Pator Tech School
#178 - 2017-03-16 18:56:28 UTC
1000 seems easier to understand than 500…
Tau Phoenix
Eternal Darkness.
Initiative Mercenaries
#179 - 2017-03-16 18:57:52 UTC
So, where will this change end up going?

Currently one PLEX is equal to 30 day of game time - Simple. By granulating this into a smaller commodity i can see the following happen:

PLEX units will be a smaller nominal cost to purchase with RL Money.

At first 500 PLEX units will = 30 days, then we will soon see 300 units = 14 days, 180 Units = 7 days. This can have its merits.

My concern will be if CCP decide that next month we they will change the requirement to purchase 30 days of game time to say 550 units of PLEX, then 600 etc.....

By having smaller PLEX commodities will give a greater control to manipulate the market, both in RL through the price to play the game and also the ingame markets as a consequence.

This will be another defining moment in CCP's history when this hits.....lets hope its not another 'Monocle gate'.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#180 - 2017-03-16 18:57:57 UTC
Nosum Hseebnrido wrote:
In my opinion, this change is simply stupid and unnecessary.

1 plex will equal 500 plex, with will equal 30 days.

So everyone who want to use it to extend sub will have to spend exactly same amount of ISK in order to get 500p and tranfer them into sub. Where is the logic? Just stop with this idiotic game 'simplification'.

if I want to buy a skin, or injector, or whatever else people buy with AUR currently I have to buy one plex and convert to 3500 AUR,

after I will buy x plex and buy my item and not have to deal in AUR

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter