These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: PLEX Changes On The Way!

First post First post First post
Author
Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#141 - 2017-03-16 17:53:22 UTC
Allsales Final wrote:
Sullen Decimus wrote:
SIEGE RED wrote:
Interesting, every bit of market data hints more than strongly at a CSM leak prior to this devblog. It was already weird, yet now it's clear.


What??

What do you mean "what"?

It is all quite odd. Announce a game changing policy on an arbitrary Thursday afternoon and hope the impact is minimized?

It was leaked.


What information are you gathering that it was leaked. Point me to the evidence you are referencing.

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Montecore Qubaal
15 Minute Outliers
#142 - 2017-03-16 17:53:36 UTC
Please do not call this new currency PLEX. PLEX is not a currency. PLEX mean 30 days of game time. Changing that makes things very confusing and ugly. Also think about all the blogs and other material out there that references 1 PLEX as 30 days of game time.

I feel ripped off that I will receive nothing for the 750 Aurum I got from buying the premium starter pack.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#143 - 2017-03-16 17:53:55 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Querns wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:
pointing out that after these changes, any alpha account is now potentially a cyno alt.

- infinite cyno alts.
- infinite research jobs. just plex for an hour to install the jobs
- infinite ganking alts. plex each alpha for a couple hours each, and gank a few freighters!

obviously its not literally 'infinite', there is still a limit as to how many computers you have and how many clients each of those can run... but why have 1 account for 30 days when you can have 30 accounts for 1 day?

i dont really see this change as useful. it just obscures the true cost of 30d subscription, and bypasses most of the f2p problems that were previously restricted. and whats the benefit? so you can carry 15 days of gametime in your ibis instead of 30?


Nowhere in this dev blog was it stated that you'd be able to redeem one NuPLEX for a tiny slice of game time.

It's likely going to be 30 days, or nothing.



"We think it would be great if it could be broken into smaller units that fit your needs rather than always being bound to the size of 30 days. With that in mind, our first planned change is to convert every existing PLEX into 500 PLEX. After the change, anything you could get for 1 Plex from CCP will instead require 500 Plex."

This seems to suggest you can get smaller than 30 days time.

On the other hand nothing suggests it will be 30 days or nothing.

CCP will lose allot of money if they allow smaller than 30 days time.


Smaller amount for service could also be unrelated to game time. What if they decide to ask for 250 for character remodel because it so very little used now for example?
Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#144 - 2017-03-16 17:56:37 UTC
ApexDynamo wrote:
This is probally the dumbest thing ive read all day Shocked

We are going to change 1 plex into 500 plex but will still cost 500 plex for a 1 month sub, So whats the point in changeing it then?

item inventory vault 2,700 plex is 5.6B isk you can already get that with 5 plex without clicking quick sell so agen What's the point in changeing it.


I do not see any logical factor behind changeing something to a different number when it will still cost the 500 for a 1 month like the 1 month = 1 plex already is :/


Because everything can be purchased with PLEX instead of having to deal with aurum.............

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Kyttn
Forging Industries
Silent Infinity
#145 - 2017-03-16 18:02:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyttn
"Q: For balances over 1000, will the entire balance be converted or only the amount exceeding 1000?
A: The entire balance will be converted. For example, a balance of 1050 Aurum would be converted into 150 PLEX."

Could someone please explain this to me? I don't seem to understand the math here
MoonDragn
ZiTek
#146 - 2017-03-16 18:02:56 UTC
Relvin Krirtel wrote:
I have issue with in these proposed changes in that PLEX will be safe to access anywhere without risk of transport. There is a wide spectrum of players in the game. You see a great deal who are at times very ignorant of game mechanics. One of the most beautiful aspects of this sandbox is that the consequences of bad decisions are real. It appears that CCP does not want to alienate those who are both ignorant (for whatever excuse) and who also feel justified in that they should be insulated from risk because they have spent money.

The PLEX vault should also not be in the inventory window. For me this takes away from the immersive experience of playing EVE in that I don't want to stare at real world associated money transactions while inside New Eden. I know it is available. I just don't need to see it that frequently. It would be nicer to put any changes into the neocom menu.




Think of it this way, your potential victim will buy a brand spanking new ship that his new plex just brought him and fly out carelessly into low/null sec where you get to gank him for real this time. Win for CCP because the plex was purchased, the newbie got to fly his new ship, abet for a short time, and your gankers got to gank a newbie. No plex was gotten in the cannister so the ganker loses out on a free subscription. More $ for CCP.
Roland Schlosser
Meteor Industrial Complex
#147 - 2017-03-16 18:03:05 UTC
After years of trying to kill the price of PLEX on the market, CCP has finally found a winning formula.

The only reason they're doing this is to make the barrier to subbing lower for those casuals they so desperately want playing EVE
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#148 - 2017-03-16 18:03:29 UTC
Def Monk wrote:
So, 500 plex works out to be 1hr, 26min, 24 seconds of game time per PLEX. Why not convert them all to 720 units, which will make every plex exactly 1 hour of game time?

One nice outcome about this is someone can say "Hey, I wanna buy/give 1 week of play time". And they can do that now. But, then the question rises: how many do I need? With the current 500 per plex, that math is complicated and dumb. At 1 hour per, its simple: 24 hours, 7 days, I need 168 PLEX.

If there's a specific reason for 500, I'd love to know.

EDIT: My math is assuming 1 PLEX = 30 days.


This.

Reducing needless complexity makes sense, adding needless complexity on top of it does not.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Adolf Mekansm
Tardigrade
#149 - 2017-03-16 18:03:36 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
. We will also convert all existing Aurum balances above 1000 Aurum to the new PLEX.



This is absolutly illegal in almost every country in the world for every players that have paid for these aurum


If you do that, i'll start a class action and sue you to the european court for theft.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#150 - 2017-03-16 18:04:35 UTC
Roland Schlosser wrote:
After years of trying to kill the price of PLEX on the market, CCP has finally found a winning formula.

The only reason they're doing this is to make the barrier to subbing lower for those casuals they so desperately want playing EVE


And this is bad how?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#151 - 2017-03-16 18:05:38 UTC
Kyttn wrote:
"Q: For balances over 1000, will the entire balance be converted or only the amount exceeding 1000?
A: The entire balance will be converted. For example, a balance of 1050 Aurum would be converted into 150 PLEX."

Could someone please explain this to me? I don't seem to understand the math here



7 aurum will become 1 plex.

so 1050 aurum is 150 plex.

They're ignoring aurum balances below 1000

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#152 - 2017-03-16 18:06:39 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Def Monk wrote:
So, 500 plex works out to be 1hr, 26min, 24 seconds of game time per PLEX. Why not convert them all to 720 units, which will make every plex exactly 1 hour of game time?

One nice outcome about this is someone can say "Hey, I wanna buy/give 1 week of play time". And they can do that now. But, then the question rises: how many do I need? With the current 500 per plex, that math is complicated and dumb. At 1 hour per, its simple: 24 hours, 7 days, I need 168 PLEX.

If there's a specific reason for 500, I'd love to know.

EDIT: My math is assuming 1 PLEX = 30 days.


This.

Reducing needless complexity makes sense, adding needless complexity on top of it does not.




You will only be able to get game time in 30 day chunks.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Kyttn
Forging Industries
Silent Infinity
#153 - 2017-03-16 18:09:10 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Kyttn wrote:
"Q: For balances over 1000, will the entire balance be converted or only the amount exceeding 1000?
A: The entire balance will be converted. For example, a balance of 1050 Aurum would be converted into 150 PLEX."

Could someone please explain this to me? I don't seem to understand the math here



7 aurum will become 1 plex.

so 1050 aurum is 150 plex.

They're ignoring aurum balances below 1000



Ah, I see. Thank you
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#154 - 2017-03-16 18:10:17 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Querns wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:
pointing out that after these changes, any alpha account is now potentially a cyno alt.

- infinite cyno alts.
- infinite research jobs. just plex for an hour to install the jobs
- infinite ganking alts. plex each alpha for a couple hours each, and gank a few freighters!

obviously its not literally 'infinite', there is still a limit as to how many computers you have and how many clients each of those can run... but why have 1 account for 30 days when you can have 30 accounts for 1 day?

i dont really see this change as useful. it just obscures the true cost of 30d subscription, and bypasses most of the f2p problems that were previously restricted. and whats the benefit? so you can carry 15 days of gametime in your ibis instead of 30?


Nowhere in this dev blog was it stated that you'd be able to redeem one NuPLEX for a tiny slice of game time.

It's likely going to be 30 days, or nothing.



"We think it would be great if it could be broken into smaller units that fit your needs rather than always being bound to the size of 30 days. With that in mind, our first planned change is to convert every existing PLEX into 500 PLEX. After the change, anything you could get for 1 Plex from CCP will instead require 500 Plex."

This seems to suggest you can get smaller than 30 days time.

On the other hand nothing suggests it will be 30 days or nothing.

CCP will lose allot of money if they allow smaller than 30 days time.


Smaller amount for service could also be unrelated to game time. What if they decide to ask for 250 for character remodel because it so very little used now for example?


I agree it could mean that. But they specifically reference the time 30 days. And that suggests they will do smaller amounts of time.

Hopefully they won't do that. As you and I both agree they will lose allot of money if they do.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG
#155 - 2017-03-16 18:11:02 UTC
" The PLEX Vault will allow you to move PLEX safely throughout the universe rather than having to move it in a ship. It will still be possible to carry it in a ship like any other item if you want, so if you have an urge to fill a shuttle full of PLEX and tour low sec just drag PLEX out of the vault and into your cargo and you’re good to go.

We know how much you love it when ships blow up with piles of PLEX inside, we even might understand why, but, we also don’t want new PLEX users to be losing their PLEX before they can trade it because they didn’t know how to get to market safely."

I like people who have to move PLEX in a ship. I think I am not the only one. Moving around large amounts of cash should be risky. And a very good reason to use your brain.

So please, NOOOOO

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

≡⋁≡

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#156 - 2017-03-16 18:13:27 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Def Monk wrote:
So, 500 plex works out to be 1hr, 26min, 24 seconds of game time per PLEX. Why not convert them all to 720 units, which will make every plex exactly 1 hour of game time?

One nice outcome about this is someone can say "Hey, I wanna buy/give 1 week of play time". And they can do that now. But, then the question rises: how many do I need? With the current 500 per plex, that math is complicated and dumb. At 1 hour per, its simple: 24 hours, 7 days, I need 168 PLEX.

If there's a specific reason for 500, I'd love to know.

EDIT: My math is assuming 1 PLEX = 30 days.


This.

Reducing needless complexity makes sense, adding needless complexity on top of it does not.




You will only be able to get game time in 30 day chunks.



That is far from clear from the actual public dev blog. Do you say this based on your csm discussions?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#157 - 2017-03-16 18:16:05 UTC
Sullen Decimus wrote:
Allsales Final wrote:
Sullen Decimus wrote:
SIEGE RED wrote:
Interesting, every bit of market data hints more than strongly at a CSM leak prior to this devblog. It was already weird, yet now it's clear.


What??

What do you mean "what"?

It is all quite odd. Announce a game changing policy on an arbitrary Thursday afternoon and hope the impact is minimized?

It was leaked.


What information are you gathering that it was leaked. Point me to the evidence you are referencing.



It looks like the price of plex went up pretty sharply the last 3 days after holding steady for months.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#158 - 2017-03-16 18:21:36 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Sullen Decimus wrote:
Allsales Final wrote:
Sullen Decimus wrote:
SIEGE RED wrote:
Interesting, every bit of market data hints more than strongly at a CSM leak prior to this devblog. It was already weird, yet now it's clear.


What??

What do you mean "what"?

It is all quite odd. Announce a game changing policy on an arbitrary Thursday afternoon and hope the impact is minimized?

It was leaked.


What information are you gathering that it was leaked. Point me to the evidence you are referencing.



It looks like the price of plex went up pretty sharply the last 3 days after holding steady for months.


Could be carrier/super raters getting more afktar online because they can't bother to be more active on their carrier/super.

Could be rorq pilots replacing their "nerfed into oblivion" rorq with a barge/exhumer fleet.
Graz3r
Bunnies And Uni's
#159 - 2017-03-16 18:25:32 UTC
Firstly, CCP Seagull, you need a better hair do. It's not sassy enough. Big smile

This is just another way to put the full plex price out of control. It's hovering in the region of 1b to 1.2b. But the prices of all the items will go up, and thus cost more than a full plex.

Is this genuinely a cost control method, or just to stop bank robbers from controlling the market? Not sure any method ccp initiates will work in eve when it comes to cost control.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#160 - 2017-03-16 18:27:29 UTC
@Cearain @CSM guy and @Frostys Virpio

We'll honestly never know, plus I'm sure there's far bigger fish to fry for our Eve playing career / CSM

I think they should put the PLEX points in the wallet. Glad that Aurum is going away.. this is much simpler.

@lunettelulu7