These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

119.3 General feedback (PC)

First post
Author
Thematic Chaos Eto
Volantean Nation
Lan'Tean Imperium
#101 - 2017-03-14 15:53:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Thematic Chaos Eto
Kebabski wrote:
You broke the d-scanner. as you can see on this link: http://i.imgur.com/Oql88le.jpg

It only shows stuff on d-scan within an au or so, evern though my d-scan is set to max range.

Mine was popping up every time I went into a system along with probe scanner - meaning I had to close both... then all of a sudden - no dscan pop up in the window, hitting V doesnt work, and now cant get it back...

But with your error - you have active overview filter set - and your overview doesnt have the marked object listed - so it WONT pick that up
Sp3ktr3
The Regency
The Monarchy
#102 - 2017-03-14 16:07:11 UTC
Alright, so here's some more in-depth feedback on the patch.

First, the new probing system is looking halfway decent but really needs some work still. Increase the opacity on the red cosmic signature bubbles a little, they're not visible enough. Decrease the opacity on the green dscan bubble, it's too visible. The blue probe bubbles look about right. I like the changes to the drag arrows making them easier to click on. New icons are nice, adding the yellow color and making green only for 100% is nice. I would like the ability to grab my probes and change the scan radius in the window like the old probing window instead of having to use a slider. In general I liked the old dscan and probe panel layouts better than the new ones. The new layouts seem to have been designed by someone that's never actually played the game before. If anything the analyze and configuration buttons need to be moved back up to the top of the panel.

The sound effects are almost universally awful. Gong 2.0: underwater edition for the dscan really needs to go. Undocking from station it actually goes off twice for double the pain. It goes off going through stargates, or activating a scan or any other time the dscan runs. This one is even more infuriating than gong 1.0 was. The old subtle clicks and beeps were fine, I suggest sticking with those. Also, the sonar ping when launching probes is weird. Why all the submarine sounds? Space isn't filled with water. The sound the probe cube makes when you drag it around the map is also weird. The recover active probes sound is okay though.

For the ship models, I think the new Cormorant looks pretty slick. I also like the upgrades to the ORE ships, the Noctis looks a lot better now. The Chimera, on the other hand, is beyond awful. It's easily the worst model in the game at this time (some of the old Caldari models were marginally worse). Who thought that taking a Jackdaw, flipping it upside down, reducing its polygon count by 95% and making that the new carrier was a good idea? The old Chimera was one of the best carrier models, worlds better than this one.

And the last thing for now, still no Barghest and Garmur skins on the store. Why were they almost immediately removed? Why haven't they been put back? Why won't CCP respond to any questions regarding the matter? You're losing money from this. Please fix.
Ron Berkut
Berkut n' Slift's
#103 - 2017-03-14 16:15:02 UTC
If you spam the shortcut to launch drones, you get a "not so fast please retry in 40 seconds" thing and you cant use drones anymore for that duration.

What i though with the new dscan:
https://youtu.be/jr0JaXfKj68?t=15s

Navigating the map when map window is docked feels slower, and requires lot more scrolling.
Dont like it that much, its fine on fullscreen though.

CAS Vanguard
Doomheim
#104 - 2017-03-14 16:17:14 UTC
Can you please bring back the ability to click and drag bubbles to adjust the size? Not being able to is a nuisance.
Scipio Numantinus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2017-03-14 16:25:38 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
The sound when you open the dscan (or is it the probe window?) or when you switch systems is already getting on my nerves.

+1, that sound is like an aneurism feels.
Ni Neith
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2017-03-14 16:49:43 UTC
A patch before that I said there is no way CCP can **** up sounds more than it was done. Now I have sadly to inform you: I was wrong. Clicking sound when you changing bubble size, strange ringing sound when you moving the bubbles around and worst of it a stupid gong sound when you are done scanning a signature. And on top of that: you inverted the mouse wheele for alt+mouse. You have done everything to keep me away from scanning.

Thx CCP.
Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#107 - 2017-03-14 16:59:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemun Khanid
Haven't really gotten into many of the changes yet but just wanted to say I actually like the DSCAN sounds. It's good to have audio feedback for dscan and actually helps maintain my awareness particularly dual boxing. I can see how some ppl may not like it but maybe put a click box on the scan window to turn it on and off, pls don't remove it.

(Just talking about the sound when a scan is activated, haven't experienced any of the other sounds I'm seeing mentioned that are tied to probe manipulation etc. Will add comments on that later)

Daemun of Khanid

Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2017-03-14 17:43:22 UTC
Probe window unusable.

Fighters unusable.

Bubbles unusable.

Rorqual unusable.

PATCH SUCCESS.
Jethro T
Assholes United
#109 - 2017-03-14 17:52:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jethro T
PLEASE tell me there is a way to change back to the pre patch scanning windows! The new and improved system BLOWS!!!!

OMG! Just when I thought they couldn't possibly screw crap up any worse!
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#110 - 2017-03-14 18:05:06 UTC
I regret to inform you that with today's patch, the scanning/probe/dscan/system map windows opens on every jump. I can no longer scan with this kind of stupidity as shown today, EPIC FAILURE GALORE!
Paul Brinkhoff
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#111 - 2017-03-14 18:18:23 UTC
My impression of the patch so far:

CCP - We dont care about actual functionality, as long as it makes noise and looks more futuristic than before.
Embla Svanhildur
Literally The Worst Community
#112 - 2017-03-14 18:20:07 UTC
Hey,

Out of the obvious things :

- I disagree with the nerf of the HIC due to baby pvper crying, they are 100% useless again
- The new D-scan is horrible
- BRING AURA VOICE BACK AGAIN
- blabla

I see a change in star maps. I don't know if it is a map change or a configuration change :

(NEW / OLD)
http://imgur.com/a/Ezspi

I like the old one, can i back to it ?
Ecrir Twy'Lar
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2017-03-14 18:22:01 UTC
Zstorm wrote:
The new directional/probe scanner is good, but it need's to be able to pin in place and be able to collapse when you double click the top of it.

As this saves on time when you need to use it rather than reopening it.

http://imgur.com/a/ZLb88 Like in this photo Lol

Thank You

Zstorm

This works for me...
Urduri
Blazing Eagles
#114 - 2017-03-14 18:23:00 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
New Dscan
Nuisance annoying sound effect - Can't people at CCP just do something without screwing it up by adding unnecessary noise to it?

I do wish Devs would stop "fixing" things that aren't broken.

I think maybe CCP might want to take a look at the scanner that was there yesterday and try to make it look and work exactly like that. It would be a nice improvement. Blink

CCP - Eliminating paid subscribers one at a time. Roll
Ecrir Twy'Lar
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2017-03-14 18:27:35 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
The release 119.3 has been deployed on March 14. Please use this thread for general feedback.

Enjoy an improved scanning system, interesting tweaks to dangerous nullsec space, a rebalance of the industrial behemoth, the Rorqual, beautiful new ship designs, improvements to player controlled Upwell structures, and much more!

EVE Updates with high level info
Patch notes with full details

To report issues, please us the thread 119.3 - Issues (PC).
For Mac users, there is a thread on the Mac forums 119.3 - General feedback and issues (Mac).

I do like the new dscan and probe ui's. However I do agree with the other people that having the controls at the bottom of the window is annoying. I like to have them separate from my map and often times my map is over lapping the bottom of my ui's.

A+ on the new "V + click" feature in dscan. I've been wanting this feature for a long time. It works great!
Weedle R
Stainganistan
DarkSide.
#116 - 2017-03-14 18:31:29 UTC
Before I was able to open D-Scan window by pressing 'v' button. Now I can't do this, but I can hear D-Scan sound for some reason. And also I can see tip that tells me that I can select target for D-Scan, while I'm pressing 'v'. But no D-Scan window is opened. Get this thing back.
Weedle R
Stainganistan
DarkSide.
#117 - 2017-03-14 18:32:24 UTC
Ecrir Twy'Lar wrote:
A+ on the new "V + click" feature in dscan. I've been wanting this feature for a long time. It works great!

Ehh? This thing became broken in this patch.
Side1Bu2Rnz9
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#118 - 2017-03-14 18:43:03 UTC
Majura KIseki wrote:
Can you please re-arrange the controls in the new d-scan to appear all on top , instead up mixed between top and bottom ?

its especially disturbing if you got used to the previous D-Scan window that had all controls on top - while especially those controls now appear at bottom of the new d-scan

and since when does D-Scan require a target ?

Hit the shortcut "v" for D-Scan . all you hear is a sound and above your capacitor is displayed
"DIRECTIONAL SCANNER
CLICK TARGET"

WTF? - bug report already filed on that one

It doesn't need a target, but if you do select a target (i.e. a signature in space, a moon, the sun) it'll move your camera and only scan in that direction. It's actually working as intended and is a very helpful tool.
Blazemonger Adoulin
BLAZE INC
#119 - 2017-03-14 18:46:44 UTC

So despite being told, told again, had other people tell you and then heard it from some more..

CCP just decided to go FU and released a broken en badly designed 'improvement' of the scanner interface.

Just try this;
open map, launch probes, grab them and move around fast between the edges of the map window.. the probes will get stuck on the side, lag, the whole map starts spinning and more nonsense..

And that is just in the first 5 seconds of haveing this crap open..

To top it of, they decided to remove the previous version but leave the original old-old stuff in there..

Seriously, bad design, bad development, ignoring a boatload of clear and obvious indications of bugs and go WTH and release anyway..

How stupid can you be..
Blazemonger Adoulin
BLAZE INC
#120 - 2017-03-14 18:57:25 UTC
Paul Brinkhoff wrote:
My impression of the patch so far:

CCP - We dont care about actual functionality, as long as it makes noise and looks more futuristic than before.

This seems to pretty much sum it up, especially since CCP was made aware of all the issue we see well ahead of time and quite obviously just ignored it.

There is two long extensive live testing session done on evescout Twitch stream where _very_ exactly and decisively the flaws and issues, from flat out bugs to horrific UI design choices and inconsistencies are shown and documented. All that was needed is to sit these 'developers' down and make them watch how their handywork gets torn to pieces by someone who actually knows what he is talking about in these matters.

The fact they just removed the previous version which, with all its flaws and issues is _way_ better, shows the arrogance and disrespect CCP has for their users.. And I just got over their previous nonsense which nearly drove me away..

'How to kill your product through bad design 101'