These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Μολων λαβε – Shoot-a-Tippia

First post
Author
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#81 - 2016-06-20 13:16:14 UTC
Tippia, I have always admired your threads/posts thru these years, and even your wisdom in the best and worst of times. Things may gone south sure, not just for you but others as well.

I always enjoyed seeing "Sunshine and Lollipops" showing up and that makes me smile, as others said, keep your stuff, take a break for a time and come back refreshed and anew 07.
Djsaeu
Doomheim
#82 - 2016-06-20 15:19:28 UTC
This place is addictive, I have not had the pleasure or displeasure of either shooting at you or with you. But just a idea that you may like, if you want to try it. Fit a Venture out and see if you can take down a Drifter. I have tried this and it was a load of fun. But the best laugh I have had to date was just running a pod through a war zone and yelling out in local of every system, "SHOOT ME!!" It is amazing how fast people will avoid you, 99% of them always think it is a trap.

In all honesty though, why not just start a new avatar and contract your things to it? After that you could just start over. As to your things you could sell them or just use them as prizes in some sort of competitions in whatever Corp you are in. Better yet, you could just be a teacher to as many of the new people that will listen. It seams that most give-up in the trial part of EVE.

Either way, I hope you the best in whatever you do.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2016-06-20 17:25:10 UTC
Honestly Tip? you will be missed (hold still while we reload)

If some make it through? Operation Magic School Bus always welcomes donations and asks for 'stuff'

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#84 - 2016-06-20 18:04:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Imiarr Timshae
You'll be missed.

Edit, to sound less like a shoddy note written in a card for a colleague who is leaving that you never really knew:

Tippia, when I wandered into the forums, or posted whatever nonsense it was I posted, I was always fond of seeing you pop up. You would either offer interesting rational/logical advencement of the topic presented, insight, or wit/humor. Reading your posts always improved the quality of the thread that they were in (in my opinion) and I have not once read a post of yours that appeared to be anything but good natured.

You are and will continue to be an example of the community that I look up to.

You'll be missed.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#85 - 2016-06-21 10:28:50 UTC
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Who will bet that there will be some hunters for the hunters? A free event that will draw a lot of players happy to get some loot will inevitably attract people that like to take the loot out of the cold hands of the former ganker......
Did someone invite the Goons? Twisted And please bring enough popcorn.

With a bit of luck, it'll get downright messy. P

At any rate, I at least hope that some of the stuff doesn't make it, and for reasons other than the slack-jawed yokels in Kubinen.
Ban Mjolnir
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2016-06-21 14:26:02 UTC
Be sure to pass through Saranen just for the lols.
Velarra
#87 - 2016-06-21 14:32:27 UTC
Straight....Cry

o7
000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#88 - 2016-06-21 15:10:58 UTC
Bubye now!

Mhahaha! 8.5 years? thats nothing!

My alt is older then you! LMFAO!!! Lol
Kirikarasu
R3D SHIFT
#89 - 2016-06-21 19:10:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirikarasu
I recently re-subbed after a 4 year break. I came back to many, many, many changes in the game. Not all for the better.

Many years of traveling the oceans on a U.S. Naval Aircraft Carrier left me unable to play in my favorite stomping ground of New Eden. However I almost always had access to the forums and was able to keep an eye on what was happening and the issues affecting New Eden. You were a VERY prominent figure, personality, and many times a voice of reason. Your posts were thoughtful, insightful, sometimes inflammatory, and always interesting. You will be missed. It's never good to see one of the Old Guard leave.

I'm not sure if I'll stick around, it's only been a week since my return. If I do, I hope to see you around again in the future.

Fly Safe...er nvm...don't?
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#90 - 2016-06-21 22:15:37 UTC
Wait what? You are quitting? Does this mean I'll have an active account after you do?

That feels rather strange with all my hate of EVE. Well I was going to activate an account so I could gloat on the forums if Star Citizen ever releases, but beyond that I've only logged into waste time every now and then.

So why are you quitting? Just tired of CCP?

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#91 - 2016-06-22 12:43:27 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:

That would be the ultra-concise version of it, I suppose.

I started playing EVE because it was a very special oddity of a game where the devs very explicitly promoted and supported a wide range of player-driven gameplay and emergent behaviours. Over the years, as the game and the devs have changed (and that's a chicken-and-egg debate for another time), it has lost a large part of what made it special.

What CCP seemingly wants the game to be, based on their development decisions, is not the game I want to play. At the moment, I'm not sure I can really find it anywhere else either, but that doesn't translate into EVE's still being worth-while — it has simply joined the ranks of games that aren't doing it for me. Instead, I've picked up other games that do other things, and that's entertainment enough for the time being.
Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#92 - 2016-06-22 14:37:03 UTC
Whelp,.. another good poster gone. I wish Sunshine and Lollipops upon you wherever you'll end up!

But, don't whelp Zephyrs and Leopards, pretty please, they are meant to roam free!
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#93 - 2016-06-23 03:37:24 UTC  |  Edited by: lollerwaffle
Logged at work just to say good luck, and I've always enjoyed your posts, even the obnoxious nitpicky ones schooling people with horribad attitudes!

o7 fly safe and good bye!

btw, you'll be back, I know it, you know it Twisted The only way to truly win EVE is to.. wait, there is no way to win EVE
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2016-06-23 05:07:15 UTC
lollerwaffle wrote:
btw, you'll be back, I know it, you know it Twisted The only way to truly win EVE is to.. wait, there is no way to win EVE

Well you could say the only winning move is not to play, but that's a line from a depressing song from a comedy movie because America is odd like that.

But you can't win a game you don't play. So, you could say the only way to win is to stop thinking about it, but then that's The Game, which I just lost.
Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#95 - 2016-06-23 05:49:35 UTC
Khan Wrenth wrote:
lollerwaffle wrote:

Well you could say the only winning move is not to play, but that's a line from a depressing song from a comedy movie because America is odd like that.

But you can't win a game you don't play. So, you could say the only way to win is to stop thinking about it, but then that's The Game, which I just lost.

I didn't think a computer run amok with our nuclear stockpile counted as comedy.
(Wargames)

The only way to win may be to not play, but it's sure a lot of fun playing.

A signature :o

Rykuss
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2016-06-23 14:41:01 UTC
o7

You, too, can be a Solid Gold dancer.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#97 - 2016-06-23 17:30:26 UTC
Tippia, the only mother****er badass enough to play chicken with ccp and winBig smile
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#98 - 2016-06-23 17:53:15 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Tippia, the only mother****er badass enough to play chicken with ccp and winBig smile

Bwahahahaha. Twisted

On that note: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:24-Logo.svg
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#99 - 2016-06-24 02:08:22 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

Bwahahahaha. Twisted

On that note: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:24-Logo.svg

If it does not bring you back, there is always the steam sale.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#100 - 2016-06-24 03:24:47 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

That would be the ultra-concise version of it, I suppose.

I started playing EVE because it was a very special oddity of a game where the devs very explicitly promoted and supported a wide range of player-driven gameplay and emergent behaviours. Over the years, as the game and the devs have changed (and that's a chicken-and-egg debate for another time), it has lost a large part of what made it special.

What CCP seemingly wants the game to be, based on their development decisions, is not the game I want to play. At the moment, I'm not sure I can really find it anywhere else either, but that doesn't translate into EVE's still being worth-while — it has simply joined the ranks of games that aren't doing it for me. Instead, I've picked up other games that do other things, and that's entertainment enough for the time being.

What games are you playing if I might ask? I'm always looking for new stuff. I just fired up EVE because I was on vacation and needed a game that my crappy laptop could handle.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server