These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Μολων λαβε – Shoot-a-Tippia

First post
Author
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2016-06-25 18:54:44 UTC
One can hope

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Cristl
#122 - 2016-06-25 20:52:13 UTC
Fare well, mate.

I have to say that this quote made my day though:

Tippia wrote:
The Bowhead kill would require an entire symphony orchestra worth of sad trombones to really convey what happened. Lol

Make sure to save a few plexes to resub and join a 'Leeroy' group such as Karma, Horde, at some point for silliness. And possibly lollipops.
Anke Eyrou
Hades Sisters
#123 - 2016-06-25 20:57:57 UTC
Good luck in what every you do and I am sorry that I was not able to take part in shoot the Tippia this time.

I expect to get this post deleted or locked. So much for freedom of expression.

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#124 - 2016-06-25 21:08:35 UTC
Sorry I didn't make it today. I was moving my girlfriend into my place, and that took longer than I hoped it would.

Again, I wish you all the best. If you ever decide to come back, hit me up. Even though I am not playing much right now, I probably will at some point in the future. I gave most of my stuff to RvB when I left, but I still keep a stash of about 6 billion or so for when I do come back. You're welcome to whatever you want or need if/when you do come back.

o7,

-andrew

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#125 - 2016-06-25 21:36:34 UTC
Oura Madusaari managed to survive the massacre once again in her life.

Who gives a drek to baseliners anyway.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#126 - 2016-06-25 21:48:26 UTC
Having a great time Tippia ! Thanks for the Eve content .... Lol

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Voxin Tulon
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#127 - 2016-06-25 21:50:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
The Bowhead kill would require an entire symphony orchestra worth of sad trombones to really convey what happened. Lol

Symphony conducted by Marmite Collective. Such a beautiful music.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54798469/
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#128 - 2016-06-25 21:56:49 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Commander Spurty wrote:
Who are you again?

Like I said, it's hard to tell these days, and it's all Chribba's fault. P

Damn, that's the second time you've invoked the name of the Almighty Chribba and he still hasn't shown His face. What does it all mean?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#129 - 2016-06-25 23:10:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Day 2: More opposition, more cat-and-mouse, more infighting, and definitely a few very silly moments. Lol

The more all-around-facepalm one was when everyone involved momentarily forgot that DSTs have inherent warp stabilisation and you need more than a simple point to keep them in place. They also have a bit of a tank. So it took a while to get it down to half shield, at which point I noticed something in my overview… and warped off. The Brownstone Brick lives to see another day. P

A less happy, but far more silly, outcome was the salvaging under fire that my Damnation's tank allowed for… and being a Damnation, it allowed for a lot. Too bad the salvage didn't survive the explosion. Cry

Another bit of silliness was the Scimitar (no KM up yet, apparently) that completely ruined some gate infighting by repping everyone around before being blown up, and the aforementioned second Bowhead that spat out a Nightmare in a brief stroke of good fortune… except that everyone had weapons timers and couldn't board it, other than me… except (again) that I can't fly battleships, so no luck there either. Lol

All the fun meant that only 19 flights took place, leaving 7 more for the last day, and with 10 more (plus the aforementioned Bustard) surviving the trip: An Obelisk that snuck by before Marmite got themselves sorted, a standard uncatchable Crane, a rather fast Svipul, a very uninteresting Myrmidon, a Purifier (that almost got caught), a Huginn that did get caught, but managed to scare off the tiny ships (with a bit of a help from a third party intruder), a Legion, a Crow, a Loki, and an overtanked Sleipnir that also got away from a fight in all the confusion that ensued..

Second day lottery! Among the following sensible posters (with the double entry fixed and some new contestants)…

1. Anke Eyrou
  2. Alexia Gengod
  3. Archibald Thistlewaite III
  4. Ariele Netiqulenne
  5. Arkoth 24
  6. Ashlar Maidstone
  7. Avaelica Kuershin
  8. Ban Mjolnir
  9. Barrogh Habalu
  10. Benny Ohu
  11. Black Pedro
  12. Buoytender Bob
  13. Captain Tardbar
  14. Cara Forell
  15. Chopper Rollins
  16. Chribba
  17. Commander Spurty
  18. Cristl
  19. DeMichael Crimson
  20. Demica Diaz
  21. Djsaeu
  22. Doc Fury
  23. Drago Shouna
  24. Elenahina
  25. Elizabeth Norn
  26. Esrevid Nekkeg
  27. Eternus8lux8lucis
  28. Frostys Virpio
  29. Gadget Helmsdottir
  30. Geronimo McVain
  31. Glathull
  32. Hawke Frost
  33. Hehaw Jimbojohnson
  34. Honey Swanson
  35. Imiarr Timshae
  36. lmmortalist
  37. Jonah Gravenstein
  38. Kaldi Tsukaya
  39. Khan Wrenth
  40. Kirikarasu
  41. KnowUsByTheDead
  42. lollerwaffle
  43. Malcanis
  44. Mara Pahrdi
  45. Marsha Mallow
  46. Mike Azariah
  47. Mina Sebiestar
  48. Moac Tor
  49. morion
  50. Mortlake
  51. Nam Dnilb
  52. Nana Skalski
  53. NovaCat13
  54. Omar Alharazaad
  55. Pak Narhoo
  56. Pandora Carrollon
  57. Paranoid Loyd
  58. Ralph King-Griffin
  59. Rykuss
  60. Samillian
  61. Scarlett LeBlanc
  62. Scipio Artelius
  63. Sequester Risalo
  64. ShahFluffers
  65. Shallanna Yassavi
  66. sixteen 64
  67. Soel Reit
  68. Sonya Corvinus
  69. Sustrai Aditua
  70. Sykaotic
  71. Tipa Riot
  72. Tora Bushido
  73. Trader20
  74. Valkin Mordirc
  75. Vash Bloodstone
  76. Velarra
  77. Voxin Tulon
  78. Winter Archipelago
  79. Yourmoney Mywallet

the internet has selected, #40: Kirikarasu, who'll be getting the surviving ships and their contents in a in an even-more-annoying-to-photoshop-together contract.P

Tomorrow will be short, but sweet… with a small surprise at the end as well.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#130 - 2016-06-25 23:35:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
rip "baby seal club" , 33 kill marks and over 150 kills with that exact ship,
proud to be tippia's only kill since 2013, a fitting end to my favorite ship.

much fun was had,
you are literally the only person that i could share grid with tora and take precedence for shooting in the face.

have to say though ,
my takeaway favorite moment was seeing "Tippia's Frozen Corpse" with an empty head ,
that little gem is a keeper.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#131 - 2016-06-26 00:25:06 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
have to say though ,
my takeaway favorite moment was seeing "Tippia's Frozen Corpse" with an empty head ,

Shocked Did you happen to get a screen shot of it?
Ion Kirst
KIRSTONE ALLIANCE
#132 - 2016-06-26 00:29:47 UTC
Irjunen is my home base, and has been for many years. I would have easily participated, and certainly would have loved to, but I am on vacation (and not travelling thru space), and this old laptop cannot run EVE.

I have enjoyed reading many of your comments over the years, you will be missed.

Good luck in your next adventure.

I wish you well.

-Kirst

Always remember Tovil-Toba, and what was done there.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#133 - 2016-06-26 00:59:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Tippia wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
have to say though ,

Shocked Did you happen to get a screen shot of it?

No tems foundBig smile
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#134 - 2016-06-26 01:31:29 UTC
Also, remember when I asked if you needed a ship?
If you look at the Obelisk, you'll understand why — I had a couple to choose from… P
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2016-06-26 02:07:31 UTC
Hehe, gotta say this thread is definitely interesting to say the least.

So on average how many players jumped on Tippia's Transport Targets this time, over 1/2 dozen ?
And was everyone fleeted during this or was it every man for themselves type of situation ?

I imagine collecting the Loot drops must have been a grab bag / free for all situation (There Can Be Only One) right ?

Anyway, gratz to Kirikarasu for getting the Leftover Lottery, that's definitely a major farewell contract.

DMC
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#136 - 2016-06-26 02:15:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

So on average how many players jumped on Tippia's Transport Targets this time, over 1/2 dozen ?
And was everyone fleeted during this or was it every man for themselves type of situation ?

I imagine collecting the Loot drops must have been a grab bag / free for all situation (There Can Be Only One) right ?

Anyway, gratz to Kirikarasu for getting the Leftover Lottery, that's definitely a major farewell contract.

It was essentially Marmite, Ralph + alt(s), and some random Kubinen inhabitants that may or may not have been in cahoots in some way that I'm not sure of. Also, there was the single attempted alpha gank on the Irjunen undock, who unfortunately was faced with a brick-tanked Bustard… it didn't make much of a dent, but it was funny. Lol

In total, I'd say that I had at least a dozen different characters gunning for me at various times — a definite improvement over yesterday. Oh, and funnily enough, this mix probably made it a whole lot easier to get things through. Everyone was too busy looking out for everyone else and being interrupted by the competition to give me full attention.

As for the loot, it was probably a bit of first come first serve, but whenever possible I tried to have some kind of suspect or limited engagement timer going so stuff would be easier to grab for just about anyone.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#137 - 2016-06-26 02:18:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Tippia wrote:
Also, remember when I asked if you needed a ship?
If you look at the Obelisk, you'll understand why — I had a couple to choose from… P

yeah ... i know .... i sortof knew as i said "tis grand".... if it maes you feel any better that wil likley haunt me for the next couple of years Straight
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

marmites were coordinating, i was there on my lonesome (+1 effective alt,not present in the ls poket) and kinda stumbled into opsec with the marmites ish.
though there was one snuffed out lad with a mad hardon for me specifically which made things interesting.
edit: i think i made off with most of the loot tonight, 1.4ish (still waiting on the orders to fill)
not bad given that i only went down for a corpse
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#138 - 2016-06-26 02:39:48 UTC
Gotta say, while I can't participate, this "goodbye" thread is heap and bound above the usual whine fest others usually do.
Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#139 - 2016-06-26 04:43:38 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Another bit of silliness was the Scimitar (no KM up yet, apparently) that completely ruined some gate infighting by repping everyone around before being blown up, and the aforementioned second Bowhead that spat out a Nightmare in a brief stroke of good fortune… except that everyone had weapons timers and couldn't board it, other than me… except (again) that I can't fly battleships, so no luck there either. Lol.

I'm glad I was around for that bit of silliness, it was a fun way to start the day. Big smile
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#140 - 2016-06-26 09:03:17 UTC
Going out with a bang. I still liked the one where everyone was shooting you, then you warped off. Needed more points Twisted

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.