These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Μολων λαβε – Shoot-a-Tippia

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#61 - 2016-06-17 15:47:08 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
The only thing I ask is you rename your Eos "Still Not A B-Wing"

Sucks that your leaving. =\

The icon view cuts the name off. I think the full name of the ship is “Not a B-Wing Either”.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#62 - 2016-06-17 16:04:08 UTC
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#63 - 2016-06-17 16:35:49 UTC
I'm sorry to see you go and wish I had longer to study your works.

I have to admit, I don't understand why you're leaving. If you find HiSec boring and fruitless (I'm just on the other side of Uedama from you) then why don't you head to LoSec or NullSec? I know I'm not sticking around HiSec much longer, I just need to finish up some skills, some player knowledge on how to do some in-game things and then I'm off to Null, probably Providence area to up my game.

If it's really because you don't feel like you're getting your just acknowledgement of your player ability and recognition of your contributions, I think the posts in this thread should tell you otherwise.

If it's out of protest to CCP, I don't think this is the way to go about that for someone of your experience and stature. You just become another person 'leaving' and are one tick mark to a total number. That's the ultimate way to waste your time and experience relative to your actual large presence and impact.

I'd recommend you do exactly what you are saying, but MOVE to a different security space. HiSec isn't for ship content or ISK making, it's just for the creation/trading/training side of EVE. You want unsafe... move! So blow all your stuff and start fresh someplace else, build a new fortune and earn it with whatever content you choose in the unsafe areas.

All of this is just my opinion, my advice, and my attempt to talk you into staying. Don't want to lose such an asset to the game.
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#64 - 2016-06-17 16:46:25 UTC
By the way, I think Molon Labe means "Come and Take it". It's modern reference is usually to the start of the Texas/Mexico revolution.

Who knew EVE could be so historical! LolCool
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#65 - 2016-06-17 16:57:09 UTC
your new player skill plan helped a lot a few years ago. o7
Elenahina
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2016-06-17 17:04:32 UTC
I'm sorry to see you go. I always enjoyed your forum posts, and you helped a lot of new bros with your skill plans and what not. You'll be missed, and I for one hope you come back to castigate a new generation of stupid forum users.

o7 m8

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#67 - 2016-06-17 18:13:32 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Shocked

What about all the janitors and militants in your hangar? Can they be spared the fate of being a target in space? I would like to keep an eye on them if you are leaving. Sad

We also ask to remove the civilians from cargo list to avoid unnecessary casualties.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#68 - 2016-06-17 21:08:09 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Don't sell your main.

What would be the point in selling it when that would just lead to having even more ISK and no way of getting rid of it? P

You know perfectly well what I mean, you pedantic little sod.

Drop me a line when you come back; nullsec is more fun that the detractors would have us believe.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#69 - 2016-06-17 21:58:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Malcanis wrote:
You know perfectly well what I mean, you pedantic little sod.

Moi?! Whatever do you mean. 😇
Marsha Mallow
#70 - 2016-06-17 22:34:35 UTC
Someone should warn all of those other games that Trippia is on the way, eager to devour forum numpties. Tempting to follow those forums with popcorn tbh.

Cheers for all of the goodposts (and the blog which had some useful linkable info). You will be missed, but hopefully not forever. The 'pshhhh' images were a particular highlight I won't forget in a hurry. Also, the 'fallacious argument' stuff, which I've helpfully converted IRL into 'your argument is falla-fah-erm ye you just seem to be talking ****, please continue.'

o7 gimme your fedos

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#71 - 2016-06-18 02:33:05 UTC
I just knew you're a packrat. Don't ask me how. It was something in your punctuation. Shocked

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#72 - 2016-06-18 21:29:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
I just knew you're a packrat. Don't ask me how. It was something in your punctuation. Shocked

All clauses neatly divided and categorised; it truly betrays the mind of the collector. P

Of course, all this is after i reprocessed and/or sold most of the modules and materials I had gathering dust. So it used to be a whole lot worse…
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2016-06-19 03:43:55 UTC
Sad to see a familiar face and disputatious mind go, but sometimes a change is needed ... o7

... and BTW, can I have your SP (didn't see it mentioned)? Twisted

I'm my own NPC alt.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2016-06-19 05:35:14 UTC
Shocked

Wow, I must say I find this news disturbing.

Even though we've had grudgingly opposite viewpoints in almost every interaction on these forums, I have to agree with the sentiment posted by others in this thread.

Lately when I browse the forums, the names have become less and less familiar which tells me this game has lost way too many Veteran players from the days of old.

I understand the need to go out in a blaze of glory. However I urge you to have the foresight to set aside some top equipment and ISK, take a break and rest up. Then when the time is right you can come back refreshed, ready to chastise forum posters once again as before.

Tippia wrote:
In celebration of CCP's unwavering commitment to mechanical reduction of interesting opposition,

By the way, not exactly sure what that refers to but I believe I'm in agreement. I'm not a big fan of the recent game change progression so I think this proverb may be applicable, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", or as I like to think, "My enemy's enemy is my friend".

o7

DMC

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#75 - 2016-06-19 08:31:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Pak Narhoo
Tippia, I found some of you're forum posts, at times, for some reason, obnoxiously irritating.Twisted But then there was always this: "Oh, a Tippia postAttention ~must read~"And no I didn't add to the bounty, talk about another ccp fail mechanic that leads to nothing.

I always thought you should had a go for a year or 2 at being a developer at CCP, see if you could that way kick some sense into some knuckleheads there. Alas, the quest for more money, profit for profits sake, slowly, bit by bit has altered the landscape of EVE.

It will take a bit more time but EVE's cut-throat label will vanish as it is, thanks to Seagull and Co who already torn it up gradually so no Jita riots will occur. I swear you, 3 years ago the mere idea of skill injectors would had set the game on fire.

To the non-Tippia readers here, you people are slacking. Wake up I would say but I fear it's too late. You've fallen in apathy and let things just slide over your head. Like 20 bucks skins that look like they where achieved by pushing a slider left or right. Mud drab skins and you pay a premium for that garbage worth more then a month's subscription. Yes it's your money, but you shouldn't take s*t like this from *any* company. 20 bucks fine but then I expect *excellence*. A skin that wows you away, like they have on the Serenity server. Guess CCP Iceland lacks some serious skills & talent in this department as I see no reason why China has bling skins and we mud & drab skins, at premium prices.

But I'm wandering off. I just wish you farewell the forums will be more less without you. I hope you find another game you can give your heart away at.

o//
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#76 - 2016-06-19 17:03:12 UTC
Another voice of reason exits, stage left.
Now I have a sad.
Fly safe, wherever that may be.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#77 - 2016-06-19 17:14:20 UTC
Tippy if and when you do come back hit me up in game if you need a hand getting back on your feet. Or, of course, a vouch.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Vash Bloodstone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#78 - 2016-06-19 20:08:33 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
The only thing I ask is you rename your Eos "Still Not A B-Wing"

Sucks that your leaving. =\

The icon view cuts the name off. I think the full name of the ship is “Not a B-Wing Either”.

Tippia, I don't know you...or much of anything for that matter. But there's one thing I'd like to say: your a hero.

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#79 - 2016-06-20 09:49:51 UTC
Back in the day we had a dance called The Bump.

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2016-06-20 09:59:27 UTC
Who will bet that there will be some hunters for the hunters? A free event that will draw a lot of players happy to get some loot will inevitably attract people that like to take the loot out of the cold hands of the former ganker......
Did someone invite the Goons? Twisted And please bring enough popcorn.