These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

So it is Nova (footage) ! What do you want in the FPS ?

Author
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#1 - 2016-04-21 13:18:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Africa
1. Please connect it to EvE pve for GOD sake ! CCP Ghost this would be your hook , line and sinker for new players in terms of getting new players immersed in the world of EVE.

Project Nova Footage :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLGdp9lp2Kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Togcb1rNnko&ebc=ANyPxKoulRNt5eXNtx8MV-uvTFMSaUuKTs_nfQK3qVgsoXejLhPk69aAHeze9UcEcsx3-ZGAy4vr5BwTPDbCWh5eImZmM3RiNw

Project Nova - PC World Article on Nova maybe putting things in perspective :
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3060034/software/hands-on-ccps-project-nova-melds-fast-action-gunplay-with-eve-onlines-universe.html
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2016-04-21 13:19:52 UTC
Ms Biatchy
Bulging Productions
#3 - 2016-04-21 13:20:26 UTC
Apparently one of the battles will be on a carrier.

Seems like a better idea to me to fight on ships over planets.

The stowaway on my Thrasher needs to be purged.
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#4 - 2016-04-21 13:22:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Africa
Ms Biatchy wrote:
Apparently one of the battles will be on a carrier.

Seems like a better idea to me to fight on ships over planets.

The stowaway on my Thrasher needs to be purged.

Yea that to me is a huge improvement ..oh and it is free to play :)
Kharamete
Royal Assent
#5 - 2016-04-21 13:49:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Kharamete
Captain Africa wrote:
..oh and it is free to play :)

I don't think that is a bonus for games. In my experience, and granted that this experience may be down to bad luck, games which are free to play force devs to spend half their time thinking up gimmicks to make the players open their wallets to buy items.

CCP FoxFour: "... the what button... oh god I didn't even know that existed. BRB."

My little youtube videos can be found here

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#6 - 2016-04-21 15:00:26 UTC
Gold ammo.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#7 - 2016-04-21 15:32:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Jill Xelitras
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Context please.

It's about "not project Legion" the follow-up to Dust514.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fstu1/project_nova_unreal_4_on_pc_free_to_play_shooter/

edit:

I found this video comment from a Dust514 player. He almost cries ... https://youtu.be/3lUO0pB12kI

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Rek Seven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-04-21 16:11:24 UTC
A third person shooter, not a FPS.
Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#9 - 2016-04-21 16:16:12 UTC
Kharamete wrote:
Captain Africa wrote:
..oh and it is free to play :)

I don't think that is a bonus for games. In my experience, and granted that this experience may be down to bad luck, games which are free to play force devs to spend half their time thinking up gimmicks to make the players open their wallets to buy items.

And it also opens you up to playing with idiotic 14 year old as*hats. I would gladly pay an extra $15/mo to bar anyone under 18 years old from playing any game I play
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#10 - 2016-04-21 16:19:27 UTC
Watch, it'll be only available for xBox 360 which as of today is no longer going to be produced.

And we'll all throw our hands up and wonder who smoked the crack on this one. (again)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Bonny Lee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-04-21 16:23:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bonny Lee
It looks so uninspired...
Its always a shame what CCP could do and what they actually are doing ;)

First release a Shooter that should have been at PC on a dying console, then develop a shooter for pc without everything that could make it great.
I dont need an arena shooter ;) I wanted something connected to eve... one universe...

When did you start losing your visions CCP?

Edit:
Why cant you one time, just one time ask your customers what they would like to see?
Second time you really disappoint me with your FPS.

Second Edit:
After the PcWorld-Article i have to say: I can live with it. If you plan to expand after you got the shooter right, it´s probably a good decision. Perhaps i was to fast with my critics. So let´s see if you got some true ccp spirit left then. Im expecting nothing atm but i hope you can suprise me ;)
Pix Severus
Empty You
#12 - 2016-04-21 16:37:55 UTC
As soon as I heard it won't be tied to EVE, I lost complete interest.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

OverlordY
Interspan
#13 - 2016-04-21 16:43:56 UTC
IF that is all it is....

It looks like an uninspired CoD clone. sigh.
Herzog Wolfhammer
#14 - 2016-04-21 16:45:03 UTC
I've been looking for an FPS to play on the PC ever since my old XP system died and took my copy of COD2 with it.

You know my hope is that this leads to "fighting in stations" because that's where WiS must progress to.

Hopefully they don't go full Borderlands 2 with the weapons because it gets tedious.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#15 - 2016-04-21 16:48:19 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
As soon as I heard it won't be tied to EVE, I lost complete interest.

Pretty much.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#16 - 2016-04-21 16:53:08 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
You know my hope is that this leads to "fighting in stations" because that's where WiS must progress to.

WiS as far as Eve Online goes is a dead stick, bro. Let it go, CCP's not gonna open that Pandora's box a second time. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen, but it's not gonna happen.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Herzog Wolfhammer
#17 - 2016-04-21 17:35:44 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

WiS as far as Eve Online goes is a dead stick, bro. Let it go, CCP's not gonna open that Pandora's box a second time. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen, but it's not gonna happen.

As soon as the ISK/stats OCD crowd are driven off we can finally have the full convergence of science fiction the way it was truly intended: immersion (instead of watching some show on TV or reading books).

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
Warclone Initiative
#18 - 2016-04-21 17:47:56 UTC
I want the deepest possible connection to EVE Online. I want even players who come in not giving a **** to end up hopelessly hooked on the universe.

Also large-scale/open-world and to FINALLY GET SOME JETS AT SOME POINT. Been waiting since FF2012.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

OverlordY
Interspan
#19 - 2016-04-21 17:53:26 UTC
I also love the borderlands2 maliwan weapon he is using...

But if this really is the game.. then wow.. scarp it and start again..

People just want an updated PC version of dust..
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#20 - 2016-04-21 19:47:28 UTC
So far doesn't looks like a game I would play. But then it's like super-early test build, so if it ends up being as fun as PS2 in the pre-lattice days, I will give it a shot at least. Bear

123Next page