These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Noobman for CSM XI. W-space Candidate

First post
Author
Winthorp
#41 - 2015-12-24 01:10:09 UTC
+1

He has all my votes.
Jim Suletu
Dropbears Anonymous
Brave Collective
#42 - 2015-12-24 01:31:22 UTC
+1 :)
Official Diplomat
Forgotten Godz
#43 - 2015-12-24 01:31:37 UTC
As an Official Diplomat, I endorse this person for CSM

+1
sHanQ Myteia
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2015-12-24 01:41:04 UTC  |  Edited by: sHanQ Myteia
Noobman, basically the backbone of Hard Knocks. As a Director, Content Creator, awesome FC, master Krab or just as someone to motivate many others, also me - he's done an absolutely amazing job.

He's always been nice and never grumpy even after a bad day and people bugging him.

I offer my sincere thanks together with my deepest respect for all that has been achieved by him.

lo Noobman

+1
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#45 - 2015-12-24 01:41:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
NoobMan wrote:
Bisu Deckryder wrote:
So what would you do to liven up c6 space, that is claimed to be rented out by one major alliance and defended/expanded by that alliance and their frenemies who, although not blue, shoot each other less often than they work together?

Is this a game balance issue, is there something that ccp could do to break this up, or is it just a result of the massive value in c6 space and the fact that most pvp groups prefer c5 space and its better connections, leaving any potential opposition to this supposed rental empire disinclined to do anything about it. And if so should ccp do something to make c6 space more desirable to pvp groups?

I'll start out by saying Eve is a sandbox. If someone wants to build an empire and has the military might to do so then what ever the heart desires. W-space is very unique compared to the rest of Eve. Unlike in Null where goons can reach every region they control and defend it with n+1 fleets, that is just not the case in W-space. Sure you can rage roll the 113 c6s and 512 c5s (plus Shattered whs) but can the defender keep up that every single day to defend 1 system in their "Empire"?

There is counter play in the current game, what the opposition to empires lacks is organization and a plan they can follow through with.

• The spawn rate of sites in c6 space is better.
  • More sites per day = more isk.
  • Less K-space connections = less PvP.
  • Less PvP groups living in c6 space or in c5/c6 = Less chance of your PvE fleet getting caught.

These are all reasons why c6 has evolved into a more attractive space to PvE in. Eve players are notorious for finding the most efficient way to spend thier time, so they created an empire to do it.

Lastly you ask "should ccp do something to make c6 space more desirable to pvp groups?"
If they made C6's have dual static 3bil holes, I could seriously attempt to persuade my corp to move to a c6 with a c5 and null static. It would be the dream to have a high class static and a null connection.

I'll propose you a compromise.

You dual static the C6. But instead of a static K space, it is a static Shattered hole.

So all the 100ish C6 space gain a static shattered wormhole as their 2nd static.

To improve the odds with shattered space, each shattered wormhole gains a static shattered connection. So each shattered wormhole has at least 1 hole connected to another shattered hole, and statistically should have a c6 wormhole connected to it (maybe multiple).

The concept here is to create a wormhole highway. You find 1 shattered wormhole, you find them all. You potentially are able to go to every single c6 wormhole in a single night if you are so inclined to through shattered space.

C5 wormholes obtain random wandering shattered wormholes to correspond with the access c6 space has.

You virtually double the playability and size of c6 space by interconnecting shattered systems to them.

Wspace now has a roaming ground.

C5 and C6 space gain a entirely new method to PVP.

TL:DR. Shattered holes interconnect to each other. Dual static C6, and the second static is to shattered space. Highway created, roaming area created, new combat methods created, c6 space becomes launchpoints, c5 join in on the fun, all wspace now have their own killing fields.

Yaay!!!!

Pentagony
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2015-12-24 01:45:58 UTC
Upbumps +1
Literally Megan Fox
Sorry - You were carrying illegal goods
#47 - 2015-12-24 01:53:23 UTC
I will kill many freigther krab in highsec to celebrate you))
Raquel Saissore
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#48 - 2015-12-24 03:42:17 UTC
+1

Holy **** did NOHO ping for shitposts? Lol

It's about time wormholes had a CSM which represented the actual community and partakes in defining it.

I believe Noobman will hold the interests of the larger WH community far higher than ****** youtube personalities or 'i have alts in wspace' goons.
Captain Sonic
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2015-12-24 03:52:23 UTC
Raquel Saissore wrote:
+1

It's about time wormholes had a CSM which represented the actual community and partakes in defining it.

I believe Noobman will hold the interests of the larger WH community far higher than ****** youtube personalities or 'i have alts in wspace' goons.

Jesus, dont drown in the koolaid...
Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#50 - 2015-12-24 04:16:44 UTC
Captain Sonic wrote:

Right back at ya matey.

+1 to Noobman, as a Director in LZHX I respect him for making HK what it is today, that has taken alot of work and shows me how much effort he's going to put into this.

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Raquel Saissore
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#51 - 2015-12-24 04:56:38 UTC
Captain Sonic wrote:
Raquel Saissore wrote:
+1

You want to ping some more?
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#52 - 2015-12-24 05:28:35 UTC
Raquel Saissore wrote:

Hate to tell you this buddy... I know, this might come as a shock to you... But NoHo doesn't exist any more. Lol

Raquel Saissore wrote:

The two you mention above can fall flat on their face for all I care.

How much time do you think he's going to have to play Eve, and run HK and fleets, when he get's onto the CSM? He will, if he's serious, have all of his time eaten up by the CSM. By people mailing him left right and centre. CEOs of corps that no one has heard of asking him to air a proposal or by running wh townhalls where the answer isn't muting everyone who dissagrees with you.

As for putting the larger wormhole community far higher... Tell me, do you think he will air views and fight for something that the majority of the WH community wants if it's not what (and possibly hurts) the gameplay style of LZHKs and HK?
That's an actual serious question, not a dig in any way...

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Insidious
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2015-12-24 06:30:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Insidious
noobman gets 64% of my vote!!
Justin Cody
War Firm
#54 - 2015-12-24 09:19:49 UTC
+2 votes here. Vote Early Vote Often!
Solcan Cadelanne
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#55 - 2015-12-24 09:38:10 UTC
+1 Couldn't think of anyone better to help protect our way of life in wormholes especially when it comes to pvp.
Lucius Kalari
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2015-12-24 10:02:44 UTC
+1 if Noobman doesn't suddenly jump ship to become a goon diplo \o/
Samantha Elroy
Disturbing Silence
Disturbing Silence.
#57 - 2015-12-24 12:21:41 UTC
I can totally agree with that many positive postings about noobman. in the short time i was in hk he was always positive, had a good manner, never salty and there where everytime a friendly conversation. no matter which party won. he has a huge knowledge of wspace and its mechanics and eve in general. he do and did a great job in hk and for whspace and i bet he will continue. like sometimes before you saw he is able for this position and he stands for what he talks. like he stated on podcasts etc.

i hope the csm stuff will not burn him too much and he still have his gaming fun in eve left.
this is not a fanboy upvote, this is a upvote from someone who give him a try because its worth it.

+1
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#58 - 2015-12-24 12:33:40 UTC
Dear noobman. Can you shed some light on what your experience in wspace beyond c5 and cap escalations is? Is there a reason anyone who doesnt live in c5 space should vote for you?
Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2015-12-24 13:18:35 UTC
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#60 - 2015-12-24 15:15:34 UTC
Yoedric Tharewyn wrote:

My only contact with HK was getting shittalked in local. Idk about the guy, but he's leading this bunch of edgy 15 years old teenagers.

Actually, I'm leading a bunch of dudes who enjoy rustling people jimmies like yours. :3