These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Changes 10th November 2015? Question to CCP

First post
Author
Mojo Joo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2015-11-24 19:17:26 UTC
Still not fixed?
erinia
Frozen Ltd
#62 - 2015-11-24 20:06:08 UTC  |  Edited by: erinia
Can confirm the problem, the only thing maybe it's not clearly lightened.

After Parallax patch Team Burner missions drastically changed. I didn't play for a week or so in time of parallax released, so it's hard to say if it the patch or some after patch fixes broken the usual mechanics, but for sure it's in parallax launch +-5 days.

Now it's close to impossible or even impossible to break the tank of logistic ships (writing from view of solo player). I did them alot before patch, and even have a separate ship for each mission, so it's easy for me to track and notice any changes. And it's nothing to do with missiles or something , since I'm using different weapons (missiles, lasers, rails ). I almost lost a ship (hopefully friend was online to help warp out) and tried many times Team Burner mission where I had a fit with ability to warp out in danger (I always prefer close combat), even fitted for more DPS where i usually spent like 2-3mins I tried for 10min without any luck to even break a single logistic tank. It seems like they got boost to repair or remote repair or maybe boss ship got remote repair.

I didn't check this on test server yet, but on live server it's definitely broken if to take in consideration what CCP Lebowski wrote , that "Burner missions should be entirely unchanged after Parallax". So again, Team Burner missions changed, if it not intended then it's bug and need to be fixed.

And read carefully, it's not a problem with all Burner missions, single Burners got unchanged, it's only about Team Burner missions, with impossibility to break a logistic repair cycle.

Edit: and it's really strange that it takes for CCP already more then two weeks without any luck to figure out the problem, not even mention about fixing it, just check any Anomic Team mission on live server enyo or vengence or hawk ... (maybe on test it's different, or you checked not a Team one) and try to break through logistic tank with any assault frigate.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#63 - 2015-11-24 21:52:09 UTC
It's apparently fixed on the test server. I haven't had a chance to test team burners on there myself, busy testing other things. Soon maybe?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

erinia
Frozen Ltd
#64 - 2015-11-24 23:22:58 UTC  |  Edited by: erinia
erinia wrote:
Can confirm the problem, the only thing maybe it's not clearly lightened.

After Parallax patch Team Burner missions drastically changed. I didn't play for a week or so in time of parallax released, so it's hard to say if it the patch or some after patch fixes broken the usual mechanics, but for sure it's in parallax launch +-5 days.

Now it's close to impossible or even impossible to break the tank of logistic ships (writing from view of solo player). I did them alot before patch, and even have a separate ship for each mission, so it's easy for me to track and notice any changes. And it's nothing to do with missiles or something , since I'm using different weapons (missiles, lasers, rails ). I almost lost a ship (hopefully friend was online to help warp out) and tried many times Team Burner mission where I had a fit with ability to warp out in danger (I always prefer close combat), even fitted for more DPS where i usually spent like 2-3mins I tried for 10min without any luck to even break a single logistic tank. It seems like they got boost to repair or remote repair or maybe boss ship got remote repair.

I didn't check this on test server yet, but on live server it's definitely broken if to take in consideration what CCP Lebowski wrote , that "Burner missions should be entirely unchanged after Parallax". So again, Team Burner missions changed, if it not intended then it's bug and need to be fixed.

And read carefully, it's not a problem with all Burner missions, single Burners got unchanged, it's only about Team Burner missions, with impossibility to break a logistic repair cycle.

Edit: and it's really strange that it takes for CCP already more then two weeks without any luck to figure out the problem, not even mention about fixing it, just check any Anomic Team mission on live server enyo or vengence or hawk ... (maybe on test it's different, or you checked not a Team one) and try to break through logistic tank with any assault frigate.

Ok, UPDATE:

I overcame my laziness and made a test client (SINGULARITY) , and now I got why CCP Lebowski didn't saw any changes, BECAUSE as I previously suspected on test server everything works just fine, like nothing changes at all in Team Burner missions. SO NOW IT'S ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that it's a bug on LIVE server (TRANQUILITY) and it NEED TO BE FIXED.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#65 - 2015-11-25 00:05:42 UTC
erinia wrote:

Ok, UPDATE:

I overcame my laziness and made a test client (SINGULARITY) , and now I got why CCP Lebowski didn't saw any changes, BECAUSE as I previously suspected on test server everything works just fine, like nothing changes at all in Team Burner missions. SO NOW IT'S ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that it's a bug on LIVE server (TRANQUILITY) and it NEED TO BE FIXED.

we know this since yesterday.

think we will become the fix simply with december patch. Sad
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#66 - 2015-11-25 21:58:08 UTC
So Burner-missions are bugged? Wow, I always have the best timing when trying new stuff. But then again, I never even tested a Burner-mission successfully: I've lost multiple ships on both SiSi and TQ to them by now, so maybe I'm just bad. P
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#67 - 2015-11-25 22:43:40 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:
So Burner-missions are bugged? Wow, I always have the best timing when trying new stuff. But then again, I never even tested a Burner-mission successfully: I've lost multiple ships on both SiSi and TQ to them by now, so maybe I'm just bad. P

just teamburners are bugged Smile

have you tried suggested fits on sisi ?
Owen Levanth
#68 - 2015-11-25 22:54:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Owen Levanth
Ploing wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:

just teamburners are bugged Smile

have you tried suggested fits on sisi ?

Yeah, but I always failed.

The one fit I needed of course I couldn't even test, since either the mission or the faction module didn't appear on SiSi. So I tested it on TQ instead. Everything worked great, but just as I thought I'd finally done it, the Burner opened fire and I died in two hits. P

Edit:

This is what brought me to this thread in the first place, I wanted to read about other people's experience with Burner-missions. Now I'm convinced all Burner-missions are bugged, because dying too fast to react seems just weird to me.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#69 - 2015-11-25 23:01:12 UTC
thats bad Sad, but it shows that burners are not easy and you need a nearly perfect skilled toon.

which fits had you used ?
Owen Levanth
#70 - 2015-11-25 23:15:10 UTC
Ploing wrote:
thats bad Sad, but it shows that burners are not easy and you need a nearly perfect skilled toon.

which fits had you used ?

Today I used the Daredevil-fit from this forum against the Gurista-Burner. Before that, I used a Cruor on SiSi against another Burner, before that I tried a Retribution and an Ishkur. I think I lost a Hawk and a Garmur on some earlier attempts and two times I've tried the medium-Burner missions, which made me lose a T2-cruiser and a Prophecy.

Most of my fits were experiments, but the Daredevil-fit was literally just me following the guide. The guide even mentioned using cheaper parts were dangerous, but downscaling from dead space to T2 didn't look like that much difference, considering there was no way I could have survived anyway.

I've saved the older fits, of course. But I'm not in the mood of starting EVE again today, so too bad about them. Luckily my last fit was basically left unchanged in EFT, so here it is:

Daredevil wrote:

Small Armor Repairer II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Kinetic Plating II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Empty

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#71 - 2015-11-25 23:23:21 UTC
Burners are hard. If you're not overheating modules it'll be even harder, if you're not using faction it'll be even harder and if you're not close to max skills, yup you guessed it, even harder.

Currently only team burners are busted.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Owen Levanth
#72 - 2015-11-25 23:27:57 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Burners are hard. If you're not overheating modules it'll be even harder, if you're not using faction it'll be even harder and if you're not close to max skills, yup you guessed it, even harder.

Currently only team burners are busted.

Welp, I'm giving up on them then. I'm not playing games to get frustrated. Ugh

And I say this as someone close to max skills in frigates, who uses faction modules if necessary and overheats constantly.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2015-11-25 23:30:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
The "safe" T2 fits which you are unlikely to lose are the Passive Gila for the Azimmu Base (but Gilare expensive and about to be nerfed) and the Light Missile ECM Version of the Garmur for team burners.

Providing you have a faster speed than the team burner the LML Garmur only takes damage from rare Jaguar wrecking shots and has some resistance even to those and you can warp out if necessary. Exiting and warping back into a team burner seems safe (this is not true of some of the anomic burners). Getting a kill happening in team burners with the current bug can be frustrating however.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#74 - 2015-11-25 23:31:35 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:

Daredevil wrote:

Small Armor Repairer II
Kinetic Plating II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Empty

as you used the unified devil, are you sure to use the right hardeners for the burner ? did u die because micromangement?
perhaps post your problem in the origin thread.

for most burners are also alternative fits availble
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#75 - 2015-11-25 23:37:31 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:

Welp, I'm giving up on them then. I'm not playing games to get frustrated. Ugh

do you really want to give up?.....better ask in the burner thread and explain whats the prob.

burners can be easy with the right fit (and cost) but its worth.
Owen Levanth
#76 - 2015-11-25 23:54:22 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:

Daredevil wrote:

Small Armor Repairer II
Kinetic Plating II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Empty

as you used the unified devil, are you sure to use the right hardeners for the burner ? did u die because micromangement?

That Burner did only kinetic damage, so yeah, kinetic modules only. And I had no chance for micromanagement, since I died after two hits.

Could be there's still something obvious I'm doing wrong, but I'm not in the mood for EVE right now, constant failure is no fun. When I come back tomorrow, I'll probably do something else for a while.

Too bad, I really like Burners. I just can't play them.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#77 - 2015-11-26 00:09:14 UTC
With the deadspace hardener heated my "cheap" gurista daredevil has 89.4 resists and 239 tank (c-type small rep and hardener, plus faction hardener), the standard version has 90.3% resist and 309 tank (a-type rep, b-type kin, faction kin hardeners).

the t2 version has 84.2% resist and a 176 tank. that is a HUGE difference.

my cheap version barely makes it, and I heat both hardeners on the burn in as with the MWD active it is faster than missiles so there is a tendency for 2 missiles to hit at about the same time and with lesser resists there is very much the possibility that the ship gets destroyed almost instantly. I'll probably switch it to the standard fit as it just adds a lot more comfort, plus you can save a little cap by cycling the rep.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#78 - 2015-11-26 00:15:03 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:

Daredevil wrote:

Small Armor Repairer II
Kinetic Plating II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Empty

That Burner did only kinetic damage, so yeah, kinetic modules only. And I had no chance for micromanagement, since I died after two hits.

Could be there's still something obvious I'm doing wrong, but I'm not in the mood for EVE right now, constant failure is no fun. When I come back tomorrow, I'll probably do something else for a while.

The Worm hits like a TRUCK. I have two armor Hardeners one faction, one dedspace and I OH both of them. I turn off the OH on the faction one after the first cycle. Also turn on the armor repper from the get go. I haven't been able to do the worm burner without the faction tank mods. Even then I've lost 3 or 4 daredevils going after worms.

Owen Levanth
#79 - 2015-11-26 01:43:39 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:

Daredevil wrote:

Small Armor Repairer II
Kinetic Plating II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Empty

The Worm hits like a TRUCK. I have two armor Hardeners one faction, one dedspace and I OH both of them. I turn off the OH on the faction one after the first cycle. Also turn on the armor repper from the get go. I haven't been able to do the worm burner without the faction tank mods. Even then I've lost 3 or 4 daredevils going after worms.

Holy ****, this explains why the Worm doesn't need to scramble, with that firepower he doesn't need to care about your MWD. Looks like I just have the wrong temperament for frigate fights, but I'll try this again sometime. (On SiSi, since I'm not exactly space rich.)

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2015-11-26 03:04:29 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
With the deadspace hardener heated my "cheap" gurista daredevil has 89.4 resists and 239 tank (c-type small rep and hardener, plus faction hardener), the standard version has 90.3% resist and 309 tank (a-type rep, b-type kin, faction kin hardeners).

the t2 version has 84.2% resist and a 176 tank. that is a HUGE difference.

my cheap version barely makes it, and I heat both hardeners on the burn in as with the MWD active it is faster than missiles so there is a tendency for 2 missiles to hit at about the same time and with lesser resists there is very much the possibility that the ship gets destroyed almost instantly. I'll probably switch it to the standard fit as it just adds a lot more comfort, plus you can save a little cap by cycling the rep.

Yeah my experiments with a T2 Daredevil have been disastrous.

A T2 Vengeance against the Dramiel Worm has some hope but it still only takes a couple of early wrecking hits and you are gone. My best T2 Vengeance results have been with a secondary ancillary repper.

I have given up on SISI for the time being as trying to get a specific burner to drop can take hours and trashing several agents.