These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Do not train to fly battleships

Author
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#241 - 2015-06-11 08:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniela Doran
Stitch Kaneland I'm surprised to see a person like you posting in a troll thread like this, cmon you know better. And stop trying to correct him everyone please. Everyone has their own way of doing things, there's no point in arguing with him about his way of viewing. Um does anyone know where the OP resides, I just like to drop in to say hi to em?
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#242 - 2015-06-11 08:40:15 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
Stitch Kaneland I'm surprised to see a person like you posting in a troll thread like this, cmon you know better. And stop trying to correct him everyone please. Everyone has their own way of doing things, there's no point in arguing with him about his way of viewing. Um does anyone know where the OP resides, I just like to drop in to say hi to em?


The point of arguing is tha tpeople that later find this thread will have 10-15pages of why/how battleships are usefull instead of a 2page whine about them being useless :P
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#243 - 2015-06-11 09:05:21 UTC
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:
Stitch Kaneland I'm surprised to see a person like you posting in a troll thread like this, cmon you know better. And stop trying to correct him everyone please. Everyone has their own way of doing things, there's no point in arguing with him about his way of viewing. Um does anyone know where the OP resides, I just like to drop in to say hi to em?


The point of arguing is tha tpeople that later find this thread will have 10-15pages of why/how battleships are usefull instead of a 2page whine about them being useless :P


Atm most already know that T1 BSs roles are mostly limited to PVE. If they want to know why then all they have to do is go to Stitch Kaneland's thread (it's in his signature)

As for PVP, MOST people that uses T1 BSs for pvp know HOW, WHEN, and WHERE to use them. This OP is one of the few who don't.

With the exception of the RHML platforms most turret based t1 BS's needs to be accompanied with other smaller ships to be successful in pvp, otherwise they'd get TDed, SDed, and ECMed like there's no tomorrow. But if it's solo with no ewar involvement then there is NO REASON for a competent BS pilot to lose to a smaller class ship.
Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#244 - 2015-06-11 10:02:10 UTC
I love my Megathron. It's brilliant.

I love my Macharial. It's brilliant.

I love my Typhoon. It's brilliant.

I love my Hyperion. It's brilliant.

I love my Raven. It's brilliant.

I love my Dominix. It's brilliant.

I love my Armageddon. It's brilliant.

I love my Rattlesnake. It's brilliant.

I love my Golem. It's brilliant.

I love my Kronos. It's brilliant.

The other battleships are all just a bit "meh" to me. I want to get intop flying a Tempest but I'm just not thrilled by it's lack of any focus.

Maybe the BS's are a little underpowered but not by much.
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#245 - 2015-06-11 20:41:55 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:


Atm most already know that T1 BSs roles are mostly limited to PVE. If they want to know why then all they have to do is go to Stitch Kaneland's thread (it's in his signature)

As for PVP, MOST people that uses T1 BSs for pvp know HOW, WHEN, and WHERE to use them. This OP is one of the few who don't.

With the exception of the RHML platforms most turret based t1 BS's needs to be accompanied with other smaller ships to be successful in pvp, otherwise they'd get TDed, SDed, and ECMed like there's no tomorrow. But if it's solo with no ewar involvement then there is NO REASON for a competent BS pilot to lose to a smaller class ship.


1. You say they are limited to PVE, yet you say that they have a very circumstantial use. Every ship has a circumstantial use.

2. No ship, below a battleship, needs to take all of the damage a large weapons has to go boom.

3. They can tank a smaller ship for a while, but not really T2/T3crusiers/BCs

4. Slow warp speed means you can not chase anything down, so you have to be a victim there unless you are in a gang in which, you might want to fly something else to not slow everyone else down.

5. They can be used in fleet as intimidation, but wouldn't really be successful in a blob as it can not mitigate most of the damage like a smaller faster ship can.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#246 - 2015-06-11 21:16:10 UTC
Aza Ebanu wrote:

3. They can tank a smaller ship for a while, but not really T2/T3crusiers/BCs


There are a dozen videos in theis thread that shows your statement is not true.
Aza Ebanu wrote:

4. Slow warp speed means you can not chase anything down, so you have to be a victim there unless you are in a gang in which, you might want to fly something else to not slow everyone else down.


I out run assault frigates in my battleships. Getting them to warp as fast as a cruiser is very easy but they are good enough right out of the box for hunting stuff down.
Aza Ebanu wrote:

5. They can be used in fleet as intimidation, but wouldn't really be successful in a blob as it can not mitigate most of the damage like a smaller faster ship can.



The fleet that burned test out of fountain. Also known as the flight of the 900 megathrons.
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#247 - 2015-06-11 22:44:33 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Aza Ebanu wrote:

3. They can tank a smaller ship for a while, but not really T2/T3crusiers/BCs


There are a dozen videos in theis thread that shows your statement is not true.
Aza Ebanu wrote:

4. Slow warp speed means you can not chase anything down, so you have to be a victim there unless you are in a gang in which, you might want to fly something else to not slow everyone else down.


I out run assault frigates in my battleships. Getting them to warp as fast as a cruiser is very easy but they are good enough right out of the box for hunting stuff down.
Aza Ebanu wrote:

5. They can be used in fleet as intimidation, but wouldn't really be successful in a blob as it can not mitigate most of the damage like a smaller faster ship can.



The fleet that burned test out of fountain. Also known as the flight of the 900 megathrons.


1. Videos = not what I'm asking for
2. I've heard that Gallente Battleships have advantages.
NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#248 - 2015-06-11 23:04:36 UTC
Gonna post again.

You will lose fights like this if you don't train for Battleships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9rDDcT7nqY

That kind of fights is what i'm good and experienced at doing. So are you gonna be a whimp and not go into such fights just because someone can't figure out how to use Battleships like a pro and have to whine about it on the forums?

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#249 - 2015-06-11 23:28:12 UTC
Aza Ebanu wrote:


1. Videos = not what I'm asking for


You say BS are no good, we show you videos of said battleships ripping apart entire fleets of ships you consider better.

Aza Ebanu wrote:

2. I've heard that Gallente Battleships have advantages.


Matari have a ship that gets 11,300 alpha. Name a cruiser that can match that.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#250 - 2015-06-11 23:46:12 UTC
Aza Ebanu wrote:

1. Videos = not what I'm asking for

Because you're on dial-up?

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#251 - 2015-06-12 00:08:52 UTC
Because Video = not on the topic.
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#252 - 2015-06-12 01:31:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniela Doran
I saw your KB OP. That Phoon you flown looks pitiful. Even if you do not yet possess actual pvp skill, if you had a proper fit you should not have lost to that Svipul. There's no way I would engage a Phoon if I was in my Svipul mostly because I'm still a noob myself at pvp but also because at the very least I'm gonna assume it's fit something like this:

Decent T2 PVP Phoon fit

High Slots
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II with Inferno fury heavy missiles
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II with Inferno fury heavy missiles
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II with Inferno fury heavy missiles
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II with Inferno fury heavy missiles
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II with Inferno fury heavy missiles
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II with Inferno fury heavy missiles


Mid Slots
Large Micro Jump Drive
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Heavy Capacitor Booster II with Navy 800's

Low Slots
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Large Armor Repairer II or 1600 Steel Plate II
Large Armor Repairer II or Large Ancillary Armor Repairer with Nano Paste
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Rig Slot
Large Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Large Anti-Explosive Pump I
Large Anti Kinetic Pump I

Drones to taste
5x Wasps II

If you can't fit for T2, then don't you dare try to fly a Phoon.
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#253 - 2015-06-12 02:15:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Aza Ebanu
Was proud of a newer player as we discussed this thread, and he could see the wisdom in it. He is now headed for T2/T3 cruisers.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#254 - 2015-06-12 03:11:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Haatakan Reppola
Aza Ebanu wrote:

1. Videos = not what I'm asking for

Ofc its not what your looking for, it dont fit your theory...

Aza Ebanu wrote:

2. I've heard that Gallente Battleships have advantages.

Gallente Battleships being good is not the same as no other battleship being good, Gallente also have the best HAC and some realy good cruisers. Im not sure overlooking Gallente would hurt the overall Battleship:cruiser ratio
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#255 - 2015-06-12 03:14:59 UTC
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Aza Ebanu wrote:

1. Videos = not what I'm asking for

Ifc its not what your looking for, it dont fit your theory...

Aza Ebanu wrote:

2. I've heard that Gallente Battleships have advantages.

Gallente Battleships being good is not the same as no other battleship being good, Gallente also have the best HAC and some realy good cruisers. Im not sure overlooking Gallente would hurt the overall Battleship:cruiser ratio

You're not sure? Why don't you try?
Take Gallente battleships from the game and tell me which T1 battleships are best(better than a T2/T3 cruiser/BC) in non PVE activity.
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#256 - 2015-06-12 03:24:56 UTC
baltec1 wrote:


Matari have a ship that gets 11,300 alpha. Name a cruiser that can match that.

Name a cruiser that needs that.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#257 - 2015-06-12 03:25:48 UTC
Aza Ebanu wrote:
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Aza Ebanu wrote:

1. Videos = not what I'm asking for

Ifc its not what your looking for, it dont fit your theory...

Aza Ebanu wrote:

2. I've heard that Gallente Battleships have advantages.

Gallente Battleships being good is not the same as no other battleship being good, Gallente also have the best HAC and some realy good cruisers. Im not sure overlooking Gallente would hurt the overall Battleship:cruiser ratio

You're not sure? Why don't you try?
Take Gallente battleships from the game and tell me which T1 battleships are best(better than a T2/T3 cruiser/BC) in non PVE activity.



You have been shown video evidence of diffrent (not gallente) Battleship killing gangs of frig-BC (cant remember if there were any T3 in those vids)
Removing just Gallente BS from the game would seriously screw the battleship:cruiser ratio, but removing Gallente cruisers would likely screw the ratio about as much the other way.

I will again ask you to show an example of where cruiser (t2/t3) is more cost and SP effective than battleships, you keep forgetting to answer any direct question and just reset to your "BS are bad" default line.
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#258 - 2015-06-12 03:31:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Aza Ebanu
Haatakan Reppola wrote:


You have been shown video evidence of diffrent (not gallente) Battleship killing gangs of frig-BC (cant remember if there were any T3 in those vids)
Removing just Gallente BS from the game would seriously screw the battleship:cruiser ratio, but removing Gallente cruisers would likely screw the ratio about as much the other way.

I will again ask you to show an example of where cruiser (t2/t3) is more cost and SP effective than battleships, you keep forgetting to answer any direct question and just reset to your "BS are bad" default line.

Your question is answered in the OP.

1. Just click on the "1"
2. Read
3. Be enlightened

I have never said battleships are so bad. As I read the OP, it reads more like they are unnecessary rather than bad. Tell me what you absolutely need a battleship for?
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#259 - 2015-06-12 03:45:33 UTC
Aza Ebanu wrote:
Tell me what you absolutely need a battleship for?


What do yo you need Cruisers for, what do you need frigates for, what do you need destroyers for, what do you need battlecruisers for and what do you need dreadnought/carriers for?

Any single class of ships can be removed and some other ship would take its role (other than a few T2 ships)
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#260 - 2015-06-12 04:11:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Aza Ebanu
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Aza Ebanu wrote:
Tell me what you absolutely need a battleship for?


What do yo you need Cruisers for, what do you need frigates for, what do you need destroyers for, what do you need battlecruisers for and what do you need dreadnought/carriers for?

Any single class of ships can be removed and some other ship would take its role (other than a few T2 ships)


Frigates: cost effective platforms capable of fulfilling a variety of roles

Destroyers : Destroyers are most effective as light escorts protecting larger ships from drones, frigates, and even advanced frigates

Cruisers: Just like frigates, cruisers can fulfill a variety of roles

Battlecruisers: purely attack craft able to engage a large variety of targets and having the hardiness to survive it all. Battlecruisers are just short of a battleship in tank, and even though they deal considerably less damage output than one, they are better at hitting smaller targets

Carriers: mobile repair facility as well first response capitals

Dread: Siege

These seem like what CCP intended.