These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP! Please clarify the future plans for WiS!

First post
Author
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#1741 - 2011-12-28 00:03:42 UTC
Please let this thread die.

That is all.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#1742 - 2011-12-28 00:09:36 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
It's amazing to me how completely greedy the FiS crowd is. Seems to me the WiS crowd wants to see work done on both FiS and WiS while the FiS crowd wants nothing but FiS to be worked on...

My vote has always been to let CCP do what they want and make the game they want to make. I say we shut the whiny little fucks up who *****, protest and shoot at statues.

well DUST beta is coming ,lets see how much will be done on FIS or WIS

People need to remember there are not more people working on eve now than when incarna was released. They fired 200 people.

And for that we can blame the crybabies that rage quit over petty crap. I am still predicting that DUST will not only make CCP more money but will also draw in more players to play EvE making them even more money. Same thing would have happened if WiS was completed. I am willing to bet that EvE would have made more back in new subs over the losers that quit if they had kept going with WiS and didn't back down on it. I still like Crucible and everything it has brought us in new ships and content but completing WiS should not be dismissed by CCP. While focus should remain on FiS, WiS should not be left behind and should be finished sooner rather than later.

yeah but even the WiS lovers like me quit over that terrible expansion.

also to guy above, they only put people on WiS for 6 months. The lack of good FiS features had nothing to do with WiS devoplment. Think about it. They were just being bad. All those other FiS only expansion that came out, while ignoring the playerbase was to blame. Incarna was just the tipping point

They'd been working on WIS for 4+ years, while all the time diverting resources to 2 other games using EVE as their golden goose to pay for it all. I do agree Incarna was the tipping point for a lot of reasons notwithstanding how absolutely terrible it was, and all CCP could offer-up was how "awesome" they are while claiming we were all just misunderstanding their intent.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1743 - 2011-12-28 01:05:09 UTC
Soma Khan wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:

People need to remember there are not more people working on eve now than when incarna was released. They fired 200 people.

And for that we can blame the crybabies that rage quit over petty crap. I am still predicting that DUST will not only make CCP more money but will also draw in more players to play EvE making them even more money. Same thing would have happened if WiS was completed. I am willing to bet that EvE would have made more back in new subs over the losers that quit if they had kept going with WiS and didn't back down on it. I still like Crucible and everything it has brought us in new ships and content but completing WiS should not be dismissed by CCP. While focus should remain on FiS, WiS should not be left behind and should be finished sooner rather than later.

man your absolutely right if ccp was able to make great wis content more ppl would come and join and then if wis was better than wow ppl would quit wow and join eve and then if dust was great ppl would quit xbox and halo and come and join eve and if ccp made great wod and vampires ppl would come and join eve and more subs would make more moneys for ccp and ccp would make more wis contend so we can plays with our avatars and cool stuff like that cause we know that wis content will be great. you are totally the only smart person posting in this thread cause like you know exactly what would happen if other stuff was to happen as a result of some other cool stuff happening. really

It is obvious that you have no clue as to why most people DON'T play EvE and why WiS would bridge that gap and open EvE up to a much much larger audience than just the hardcore PvP players.

Also...CCP hardly abandoned FiS for 2 years. There was plenty of content added in for FiS. If you don't agree it is only because you didn't like what content was brought in.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#1744 - 2011-12-28 01:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury

Also...CCP hardly abandoned FiS for 2 years. There was plenty of content added in for FiS. If you don't agree it is only because you didn't like what content was brought in.

I guess you missed the whole :18 months: debacle because you were too busy making plans to play an expansion that never arrived.

Also, "mostly abandoned" != "abandoned".

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Soma Khan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1745 - 2011-12-28 01:49:17 UTC

It is obvious that you have no clue as to why most people DON'T play EvE and why WiS would bridge that gap and open EvE up to a much much larger audience than just the hardcore PvP players.

because eve is a niche open pvp game about spaceships? incidentally, this is why i play it, and this is why that "larger audience" doesn't. and no amount of barbie-dressup bolt-ons will ever change that, unless it does so at the expense of the main game, i.e. 'fis'
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#1746 - 2011-12-28 02:18:34 UTC
Soma Khan wrote:

because eve is a niche open pvp game about spaceships? incidentally, this is why i play it, and this is why that "larger audience" doesn't. and no amount of barbie-dressup bolt-ons will ever change that, unless it does so at the expense of the main game, i.e. 'fis'

Sad Panda, Eve is a SciFi sandbox game, not a FiS PvP game (although that is a major element). That you are incapable of seeing how delivering on the long standing promise that CCP made us when they launched of Eve would finally take Eve to "mainstream" is sad for you.

Your FiS only bias will be the death of Eve. CCP will someday realize that there is only so much isks you can squeeze out of the remaining bitter vet statue shooters and find a new more profitable shiny to apply their dev resources to. It's called lost opportunity costs.

CCP will someday realize they lose money keeping a nitch game alive when the resources could produce a game with broader appeal. The shouty minority FiS only types have scared CCP away from their chance to make Eve more than it is today.

Issler
Taiwanistan
#1747 - 2011-12-28 08:04:46 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
Soma Khan wrote:

Sad Panda, Eve is a SciFi sandbox game, not a FiS PvP game (although that is a major element). That you are incapable of seeing how delivering on the long standing promise that CCP made us when they launched of Eve would finally take Eve to "mainstream" is sad for you.

Your FiS only bias will be the death of Eve. CCP will someday realize that there is only so much isks you can squeeze out of the remaining bitter vet statue shooters and find a new more profitable shiny to apply their dev resources to. It's called lost opportunity costs.

CCP will someday realize they lose money keeping a nitch game alive when the resources could produce a game with broader appeal. The shouty minority FiS only types have scared CCP away from their chance to make Eve more than it is today.

Issler

do you know what is keeping eve alive?
the sandbox gameplay, the lion-king circle of life of the economic ecosphere, the creation and destruction of all things buildable and destructible.
what product would come out of your barbie dress-up o7m8 /emoting? nothing. and where does wis fit in eve? nowhere
and why don't you show ccp the horrible consequences by unsubbing right now and see how many accounts follow
see if you can make hillmar apologize again

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Disdaine
#1748 - 2011-12-28 09:07:49 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

I guess you missed the whole :18 months: debacle because you were too busy making plans to play an expansion that never arrived.

That sure was a pretty stale 18 months. Only four free expansions.

http://www.eveonline.com/dominion/features.html

http://www.eveonline.com/tyrannis/default.asp

http://www.eveonline.com/en/incursion/features

http://www.eveonline.com/en/incarna/features

Shame they all focused on WiS.

Why you not change our sandbox for us CCP???
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1749 - 2011-12-28 09:08:07 UTC
Gogela wrote:

That is all.

Actually it serves a valuable service. It keeps all the space barbie roleplayers contained in one horrible thread.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Disdaine
#1750 - 2011-12-28 09:09:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Disdaine
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Actually it serves a valuable service. It keeps all the space barbie roleplayers contained in one horrible thread.

And here you are...

See, I've figured you out. You're actually pro WiS and would like nothing more than to stand in front of a mirror trying on dresses all day. The only problem is the conflict with your hardcore sociopathic goon sentimentalities.

All you can do is keep bumping this thread and keeping it alive for us. We appreciate your efforts.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1751 - 2011-12-28 09:17:05 UTC
Disdaine wrote:
All you can do is keep bumping this thread and keeping it alive for us. We appreciate your efforts.

Well I'm glad somebody finally appreciates my efforts in keeping the community informed about the evils of roleplaying. Your kind words have inspired me to Never Stop Posting.

Issler Dainze
The Honda Accord
#1752 - 2011-12-28 09:19:17 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:
Soma Khan wrote:

Issler

do you know what is keeping eve alive?
the sandbox gameplay, the lion-king circle of life of the economic ecosphere, the creation and destruction of all things buildable and destructible.
what product would come out of your barbie dress-up o7m8 /emoting? nothing. and where does wis fit in eve? nowhere
and why don't you show ccp the horrible consequences by unsubbing right now and see how many accounts follow
see if you can make hillmar apologize again

I don't generally respond to someone so limited as to lead with space barbie, but thanks for the bump.

All I can say is what about SciFi space simulator game which is what CCP describes Eve as do you not understand? Stop posting and go back to killing Eve with you limited nitch game vision of Eve.

Issler
Disdaine
#1753 - 2011-12-28 09:23:47 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Well I'm glad somebody finally appreciates my efforts in keeping the community informed about the evils of roleplaying. Your kind words have inspired me to Never Stop Posting.

And yet you don't inform them of anything or supply them with any solid arguments against WiS. You may as well be one of our alts created for the purpose of bringing attention to this thread.

It's okay Ladie. There's sure to be a peer pressure support group in your local area. You can stop toeing the company line. Now run along to character creator and turn that frown upside down.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#1754 - 2011-12-28 09:26:00 UTC
Gogela wrote:

That is all.

thank you for keeping it alive

R.S.I2014

Issler Dainze
The Honda Accord
#1755 - 2011-12-28 09:27:09 UTC
Anyone know what the record thread size is?

Wondering where this one rates.

This has to be close to the record for major thread specifically asking for CCP to respond without a response.

Issler
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1756 - 2011-12-28 09:27:23 UTC
Disdaine wrote:
And yet you don't inform them of anything or supply them with any solid arguments against WiS.

Luckily for me (and the rest of the actual Eve community) CCP took care of that. We saw all the arguments against WiS we could ever need when Incarna was released.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1757 - 2011-12-28 09:28:20 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:

This has to be close to the record for major thread specifically asking for CCP to respond without a response.

Issler

The have responded...multiple times and in multiple locations. You just don't like the answer.

Taiwanistan
#1758 - 2011-12-28 09:28:38 UTC
no problemo op, help me help you
more doom and gloom and consequences pls if barbie don't get his beach house

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#1759 - 2011-12-28 09:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: oldbutfeelingyoung
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

Issler

The have responded...multiple times and in multiple locations. You just don't like the answer.

well,let them respond again in this location,even if we don,t like what they say

R.S.I2014

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1760 - 2011-12-28 09:34:00 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
no problemo op, help me help you
more doom and gloom and consequences pls if barbie don't get his beach house

Don't knock Barbie's beach house...at least it doesn't come saddled with an RMT store.