These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Problem with SiSi Launcher not working

First post
Author
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-10-12 17:58:48 UTC
Wonton Katsu wrote:
Any advice for mac? Getting the same error (saying buy a PC will not help)

You can probably open a terminal, and launch from the command line.
yoshi smokeaganga
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-10-12 18:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: yoshi smokeaganga
Nightelf Mowhawk wrote:
IWillTearYou wrote:
exe.file works in the bin folder

find file evefile.exe located here-ish "C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\test\EVE\bin\exefile.exe"

make yourself a shortcut of this file and add the normal /server:Singularity to the target box and your away :P

Uhmm, I can't believe nobody noted this, but those are great instructions if you want to patch your live TQ install to singularity since that's by default where most of them are kept.

Best to do this in your test install folder instead, usually people put it in something simple like C:\evetest.

Other than that, I had the same issue with "There was an error while validating your account, please try again.", tried this fix and it worked (well, in my test install folder, of course!). Big key thing is to switch from eve.exe to \bin\exefile.exe to launch the game. This just bypasses the launcher (and makes any future patching a bit difficult, but hey we all wanna play with big shiny things, am I right?)

It may be a good idea to make another shortcut for the launcher as well, so you can still patch and maybe play with it to find if it's fixed or not.
Shadow Raptor
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-10-12 18:34:23 UTC
Nightelf Mowhawk wrote:
IWillTearYou wrote:
exe.file works in the bin folder

find file evefile.exe located here-ish "C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\test\EVE\bin\exefile.exe"

make yourself a shortcut of this file and add the normal /server:Singularity to the target box and your away :P

This works!!!

The key is making the shortcut to the exefile.exe in the bin folder of your Eve Test Server folder.

Then of course editing the shortcut to point at /server:Singularity
David Przybyciel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-10-12 19:35:19 UTC
what to do

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th add at the end -----------------------> /server:Singularity<------------------
^space
6th

and enjoy your self !
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#45 - 2014-10-12 20:22:22 UTC
Hi,

A bit late, but I am just posting to confirm that we know about this problem, that the launcher for Sisi does not allow to login. It will probably be fixed tomorrow morning.

For now please use the posted workaround to start \bin\exefile.exe with /server:Singularity.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Dwayne Hycks
Original Sinners
Northern Coalition.
#46 - 2014-10-12 21:05:02 UTC
Same issue Can't Login also ran repair and got the update but still not fixed. I also tried the work around.
Tikitina
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-10-13 04:19:03 UTC
I had "/forcelauncher" as part of my switches and it started working once I removed that.

Might have been just random chance though.

my original command was

...\launcher.exe" /forcelauncher /server:Singularity and now its just \launcher.exe" /server:Singularity.

Not sure where the /forcelauncher came from. Its not on my main eve shortcut.
shmupsik
Killing Intent
Out of Sight.
#48 - 2014-10-13 15:05:56 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi,

A bit late, but I am just posting to confirm that we know about this problem, that the launcher for Sisi does not allow to login. It will probably be fixed tomorrow morning.

For now please use the posted workaround to start \bin\exefile.exe with /server:Singularity.

Hi.

That workaroud good for all but Steam users. What should they do? :)
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#49 - 2014-10-13 15:50:51 UTC
shmupsik wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi,

Hi.

That workaroud good for all but Steam users. What should they do? :)

This issue is already fixed. You should be able to login through the launcher.

shmupsik
Killing Intent
Out of Sight.
#50 - 2014-10-13 16:01:14 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
This issue is already fixed. You should be able to login through the launcher.

Yes I see. It's ok now to login to SiSi with launcher. Thank you.

I meant what Steam users should do next time.. :)
Miss Amaral
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-10-13 18:15:46 UTC
Sissi is stil offline for me :(
Exile Erika
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2014-10-13 18:35:29 UTC
yupp SiSi offlineShocked
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2014-10-13 18:47:05 UTC
Exile Erika wrote:
yupp SiSi offlineShocked

yeah, we are running some heavy DB scripts - I hope they are done soon-ish... Ugh

Chief Cavazos
Fuel Blocks for Dante
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#54 - 2014-10-13 19:54:34 UTC
welp i hope weve learned that when ccp says short unexpected downtime they mean longest downtime in eve history lol..... its like when my 1SG says were going on a little run and its 7 miles ShockedShockedShockedShocked
Shadow Raptor
Doomheim
#55 - 2014-10-13 20:50:46 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Exile Erika wrote:
yupp SiSi offlineShocked

yeah, we are running some heavy DB scripts - I hope they are done soon-ish... Ugh

Can you elaborate on, "soon-ish" please?
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2014-10-13 21:07:29 UTC
Shadow Raptor wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Exile Erika wrote:
yupp SiSi offlineShocked

Now is soon-ish (I would have hoped that it would have been earlier...). Sisi is back and I'm gone for today.

Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#57 - 2014-11-06 00:54:34 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Wonton Katsu wrote:
Any advice for mac? Getting the same error (saying buy a PC will not help)

You can probably open a terminal, and launch from the command line.

Yep already open from terminal, that's how we do it in MAC, though still get this: There was an error while validating your account, please try again..

I also have PC get same error message there as well...!!
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#58 - 2014-11-06 00:57:54 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Shadow Raptor wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Exile Erika wrote:
yupp SiSi offlineShocked

Now is soon-ish (I would have hoped that it would have been earlier...). Sisi is back and I'm gone for today.

The launcher says it's Online, though still can't login.. Still getting error message: There was an error while validating your account, please try again..???
Shadow Raptor
Doomheim
#59 - 2014-11-06 01:54:15 UTC
Captain Skarlet wrote:
The launcher says it's Online, though still can't login.. Still getting error message: There was an error while validating your account, please try again..???

I'm getting the same error today. Have you tried the "C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP TEST\EVE\bin" workaround?

Works for me.
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#60 - 2014-11-06 06:08:18 UTC
Shadow Raptor wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:

I'm getting the same error today. Have you tried the "C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP TEST\EVE\bin" workaround?

Works for me.

Hi Shadow,

Well I use MAC, so this wouldn't work..!!