These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
jackudza
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2014-08-28 17:38:04 UTC
Added Serpentis Anomic Site - Enyo.
T2 fit only.
Dirt Hodgins
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#82 - 2014-08-28 17:57:38 UTC
Against the Burner Dram - I am still failing.

I used the DareDevil posted by the OP and granted didn't fly it correctly. I used orbit instead of keep at range and didn't overheat everything from the start but the rockets were still hitting for 125 on average and the DD price makes testing with it difficult.

Is there anything else that can do it besides the vengeance (9 Days before I can fly one) I can fly everything else but Amarr AF.


I looked at the wolf but not sure.
Lugalzagezi666
#83 - 2014-08-28 17:59:00 UTC
jackudza wrote:
Added Serpentis Anomic Site - Enyo.
T2 fit only.

Cool, but I suggest to load javelins if you want to hit him with rockets.Blink
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#84 - 2014-08-28 18:31:40 UTC  |  Edited by: SFM Hobb3s
1. Accept burner mission
2. Get probed down in missioning frigate.
3. when tackle inty/frig comes out of warp, use acceleration gate, cancel warp, and warp to safe that is on alignment with acceleration gate.
4. Laugh maniacally.
Ginger Barbarella
#85 - 2014-08-28 19:58:28 UTC
Interesting suggestions, OP. Thanks for posting!!

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Ginger Barbarella
#86 - 2014-08-28 20:13:23 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
I love all these fits with no prop mod.


I haven't seen you post a successful fit from your runs on TQ... No Sisi, no EFT Warrioring...

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#87 - 2014-08-29 00:51:03 UTC
beaten the dram with this fit. lazorz are not my favorite. bit overheating while burn away. with t2 guns it should be a charm.

[Succubus, burner dramiel beater]
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Pithi C-Type Small Shield Booster
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Pithum C-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier

Small Focused Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Null Iato
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2014-08-29 06:05:59 UTC
Are the Daredevil fits from the first post still viable? Not asking if they are the best, its just that I like the DD so much.. Was hoping to find a consensus in the rigs though instead of getting three separately rigged ships.
Jori McKie
Know your Role
Pandemic Horde
#89 - 2014-08-29 08:26:01 UTC
Null Iato wrote:
Are the Daredevil fits from the first post still viable? Not asking if they are the best, its just that I like the DD so much.. Was hoping to find a consensus in the rigs though instead of getting three separately rigged ships.

Yep, just be careful vs the Burner Dramiel.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

infra52x
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2014-08-29 08:27:00 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
You should have posted this in the test server thread , it would be helpful for all those people wo could not figure them out and lost a dozen frigs failing Twisted




Ya, because losing a bunch of frigs that cost 100 isk each is enough to make many a folk emo quit..... UGGGH! I QUIT I lost another 100 isk frig on the test server!!
Lugalzagezi666
#91 - 2014-08-29 09:11:28 UTC
Jori McKie wrote:
Null Iato wrote:
Are the Daredevil fits from the first post still viable? Not asking if they are the best, its just that I like the DD so much.. Was hoping to find a consensus in the rigs though instead of getting three separately rigged ships.

Yep, just be careful vs the Burner Dramiel.

Just fit more tank if you are not sure, I dont think it will matter much if it will take you 20s longer. And on next try you can switch to more dps if you feel comfortable with losing some tank.
Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#92 - 2014-08-29 10:18:18 UTC
Null Iato wrote:
Are the Daredevil fits from the first post still viable? Not asking if they are the best, its just that I like the DD so much.. Was hoping to find a consensus in the rigs though instead of getting three separately rigged ships.


You can use these fits to kill the gurista, angel, sansha, and blood burners with a daredevil having a single set of rigs:

[Daredevil, sansha burner]
Internal Force Field Array I
Armor EM Hardener II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Afterburner II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I


[Daredevil, blood burner]
Internal Force Field Array I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Afterburner II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I


[Daredevil, angel burner]
Internal Force Field Array I
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Small Armor Repairer II

Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I


[Daredevil, gurista burner]
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Kinetic Plating II
Small Armor Repairer II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I


You'll need a caldari or gallente AF to deal with the serpentis burner, however.
bucktooth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#93 - 2014-08-29 11:03:00 UTC
I have run a couple of these on TQ

To solo one of these the risk to reward ratio is non-existent. Its like flying an ibis into null sec to do a 10/10 plex.

Granted I have lost a couple of ships doing these.

The difficulty of soloing these is hard, even when you are using said fits throughout the thread, and I have done a lot of solo pvp in my time.

The rewards for these missions is usually 5m isk bounty + ~1.5m agent fee + 750LP +0.1% chance of faction loot (which would probably only be tier 1 small faction ammo)

so about 7m...

I just about managed to do the worm burner in an enyo t2 fit. (I have max skills for everything used)

Just to get to it I heated mwd and scram to 80%, to kill it I overheated 4 ion blasters and a rocket launcher to 70%. Fortunately didn't have to heat my rep.
I used around 320 untis of void s and 50 navy rockets = 82k isk
10 navy booster 200s = 450k isk
repairs to mods = 700k isk

After all the risk of putting my purpose made ship through I made a total of 5.8m. And that's not very much considering the chances of success for doing this first time without dying are about 50% (With the right ship and fit).

Sure you could fleet up to kill this one frigate but it would just fraction the already small profits, for a smaller chance of losing your ship.

All in all I think that sticking to normal level 4s is more profitable and far less risky.
Lady Rift
What Shall We Call It
#94 - 2014-08-29 15:26:44 UTC
bucktooth wrote:
I have run a couple of these on TQ

To solo one of these the risk to reward ratio is non-existent. Its like flying an ibis into null sec to do a 10/10 plex.

Granted I have lost a couple of ships doing these.

The difficulty of soloing these is hard, even when you are using said fits throughout the thread, and I have done a lot of solo pvp in my time.

The rewards for these missions is usually 5m isk bounty + ~1.5m agent fee + 750LP +0.1% chance of faction loot (which would probably only be tier 1 small faction ammo)

so about 7m...

I just about managed to do the worm burner in an enyo t2 fit. (I have max skills for everything used)

Just to get to it I heated mwd and scram to 80%, to kill it I overheated 4 ion blasters and a rocket launcher to 70%. Fortunately didn't have to heat my rep.
I used around 320 untis of void s and 50 navy rockets = 82k isk
10 navy booster 200s = 450k isk
repairs to mods = 700k isk

After all the risk of putting my purpose made ship through I made a total of 5.8m. And that's not very much considering the chances of success for doing this first time without dying are about 50% (With the right ship and fit).

Sure you could fleet up to kill this one frigate but it would just fraction the already small profits, for a smaller chance of losing your ship.

All in all I think that sticking to normal level 4s is more profitable and far less risky.


I dual box my lv 4's for super easy afk mode. these are a joke with 2 AF on field.
Sophia Vect
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2014-08-29 16:04:49 UTC
bucktooth wrote:
I have run a couple of these on TQ

To solo one of these the risk to reward ratio is non-existent. Its like flying an ibis into null sec to do a 10/10 plex.

Granted I have lost a couple of ships doing these.

The difficulty of soloing these is hard, even when you are using said fits throughout the thread, and I have done a lot of solo pvp in my time.

The rewards for these missions is usually 5m isk bounty + ~1.5m agent fee + 750LP +0.1% chance of faction loot (which would probably only be tier 1 small faction ammo)

so about 7m...

I just about managed to do the worm burner in an enyo t2 fit. (I have max skills for everything used)

Just to get to it I heated mwd and scram to 80%, to kill it I overheated 4 ion blasters and a rocket launcher to 70%. Fortunately didn't have to heat my rep.
I used around 320 untis of void s and 50 navy rockets = 82k isk
10 navy booster 200s = 450k isk
repairs to mods = 700k isk

After all the risk of putting my purpose made ship through I made a total of 5.8m. And that's not very much considering the chances of success for doing this first time without dying are about 50% (With the right ship and fit).

Sure you could fleet up to kill this one frigate but it would just fraction the already small profits, for a smaller chance of losing your ship.

All in all I think that sticking to normal level 4s is more profitable and far less risky.


100% accurate, not worth at all. Avoid it, period.
Lugalzagezi666
#96 - 2014-08-29 16:21:21 UTC
bucktooth wrote:

Sure you could fleet up to kill this one frigate but it would just fraction the already small profits, for a smaller chance of losing your ship.
All in all I think that sticking to normal level 4s is more profitable and far less risky.


You dont get it, they are not meant to be done by fleets with buddys, but with alts. Prepare for some new cruiser and battleship missions that will be based on similar mechanics in future, eventually completely replacing normal l4s and forcing solo missionrunners to get alts if they want to keep their isk/h.
bucktooth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#97 - 2014-08-29 16:38:54 UTC
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
bucktooth wrote:

Sure you could fleet up to kill this one frigate but it would just fraction the already small profits, for a smaller chance of losing your ship.
All in all I think that sticking to normal level 4s is more profitable and far less risky.


You dont get it, they are not meant to be done by fleets with buddys, but with alts. Prepare for some new cruiser and battleship missions that will be based on similar mechanics in future, eventually completely replacing normal l4s and forcing solo missionrunners to get alts if they want to keep their isk/h.


That's a good point. More real money for CCP!
Karra Masamune
Intelligence Operation NetCorp
Khaos Legion
#98 - 2014-08-29 21:07:14 UTC
Sophia Vect wrote:
bucktooth wrote:
I have run a couple of these on TQ

To solo one of these the risk to reward ratio is non-existent. Its like flying an ibis into null sec to do a 10/10 plex.

Granted I have lost a couple of ships doing these.

The difficulty of soloing these is hard, even when you are using said fits throughout the thread, and I have done a lot of solo pvp in my time.

The rewards for these missions is usually 5m isk bounty + ~1.5m agent fee + 750LP +0.1% chance of faction loot (which would probably only be tier 1 small faction ammo)

so about 7m...

I just about managed to do the worm burner in an enyo t2 fit. (I have max skills for everything used)

Just to get to it I heated mwd and scram to 80%, to kill it I overheated 4 ion blasters and a rocket launcher to 70%. Fortunately didn't have to heat my rep.
I used around 320 untis of void s and 50 navy rockets = 82k isk
10 navy booster 200s = 450k isk
repairs to mods = 700k isk

After all the risk of putting my purpose made ship through I made a total of 5.8m. And that's not very much considering the chances of success for doing this first time without dying are about 50% (With the right ship and fit).

Sure you could fleet up to kill this one frigate but it would just fraction the already small profits, for a smaller chance of losing your ship.

All in all I think that sticking to normal level 4s is more profitable and far less risky.


100% accurate, not worth at all. Avoid it, period.


I did few of them and reward gets bigger with each burner mission you complete. On my 5th mission reward is 3 million isk + 7000 lp and 5 million bounty. Not sure what is maximum you get from them or how many you need to complete to hit cap, but they only take you couple of minutes to finish and for time spend reward is great.
Arronicus
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#99 - 2014-08-30 02:19:22 UTC
Unless things have changed in the past couple years, an offline module works as a heat sink as it can take some of the heat damage ticks from the guns, as opposed to an empty high-slot, which neither reduces heat generation, nor vents heat, nor absorbs heat damage.

As a result, all of these fittings that have an empty highslot can have their overheat duration/reliability increased by fitting an offline highslot module like a salvager or an auto-targeter. Nice to see that the daredevil is so versatile, though I'm surprised it isn't something like one of the assault frigates coming out on top, given their high resists.
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#100 - 2014-08-30 06:09:39 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Unless things have changed in the past couple years, an offline module works as a heat sink as it can take some of the heat damage ticks from the guns, as opposed to an empty high-slot, which neither reduces heat generation, nor vents heat, nor absorbs heat damage.

It was never that way. Offline modules and empty slots act similar in relation to overheating (including offline modules not taking heat damage IIRC).

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=341573