These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
8 Pages123Next pageLast page

Don't try this at home!

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-05-19 14:37:44 UTC
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK. We do it to track, find and terminate RMT operations. Buying ISK for this purpose is in our budget as good return of investment in the fight against RMT.

Crafty as they are, they have a weakness. It's money. They do anything to get it. Account hacking, credit card fraud, exploits and botting is all part of THEIR game. However, protecting our players from violations of the EULA and more serious offenses is OUR game, and we have the team to do it.

Sadly, some buyers may be affected when ISK originating from such sources is confiscated and bans issued. However, our EULA is also clear that players should not buy outside of EVE or CCP. We regret all damages caused by RMT and will never tire of telling people about PLEX and how it may be purchased on our website and through our official retail partners, listed here. Or that PLEX can then be sold via the in-game for ISK. Heaps of ISK!

Now, thar's something ye might want to try at home.

This leaves only one question...

Who will WE be buying from this week?
#2 - 2014-05-19 14:38:30 UTC
Wipe them out

All of them

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

#3 - 2014-05-19 14:40:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Counterintuitively?

It was obvious! Only morons wouldn't do it to stomp down those who deserve it!

After reading through it.... the last line....

HOLY, SCARY ****! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! XD

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-05-19 14:45:51 UTC
Would be nice if PLEX wasn't 723 million. People right now are just going to pay for subs because the prices are ridiculously high. Of those who find "plexing" too daunting a prospect, a good portion are just going to go inactive. Straight

CCP ignore me please, I make too much sense.

Caldari State
#5 - 2014-05-19 14:48:48 UTC
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Twisted

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-05-19 14:50:50 UTC
I'm scared of this Dev. The avatar picture is just a starting point :p

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

#7 - 2014-05-19 14:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Who will WE be buying from this week?
I won't sell you ISK, I may "double" it if you send me some though.

Burn them all tbh.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-05-19 14:52:22 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:
Would be nice if PLEX wasn't 723 million. People right now are just going to pay for subs because the prices are ridiculously high. Of those who find "plexing" too daunting a prospect, a good portion are just going to go inactive. Straight

Eve is 15 bucks a month, less if you pay for a year.
If you have trouble paying *roughly* 15 bucks a month (0.50 cts a day) for your favorite game then you have bigger problems then the price of PLEX.

#9 - 2014-05-19 15:01:08 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:
It's relatively easy to clear enough ISK to pay for a PLEX,10-15 hours a month of running lvl 4 missions will do it if you take (the right) LP into account.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

#10 - 2014-05-19 15:06:49 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:

Actually in context to what this thread is about, it is GOOD that plex prices are so high. It gives a good return for those willing to legally RMT $$ > ISK.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

#11 - 2014-05-19 15:08:59 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:

Actually in context to what this thread is about, it is GOOD that plex prices are so high. It gives a good return for those willing to legally RMT $$ > ISK.

and it reduces RMT profits as they get less $ per isk.
#12 - 2014-05-19 15:15:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Athena
CCP Grimmi, does this include "in the family" RMT? That is, when one member of a corp, alliance or coalition gets on TS, says "I could use some ISK" and someone else says "I'll sell you some" and they do the transaction? Is it that, sometimes, one of those two people is actually a CCP employee?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Plucky Adventurers
#13 - 2014-05-19 15:16:26 UTC
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK. We do it to track, find and terminate RMT operations. Buying ISK for this purpose is in our budget as good return of investment in the fight against RMT.

Do you dispute the charges after CCP confiscates your bought ISK? Why give the ISK sellers actual money?

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

#14 - 2014-05-19 15:29:33 UTC
Stop pissing me off you two.

You're derailing the thread.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

#15 - 2014-05-19 15:32:55 UTC
Confirming that CCP Grimmi is teh sneaky!

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#16 - 2014-05-19 15:37:16 UTC
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK.

Being as you live in Iceland, you are given ISK on a daily basis I think your fiscal stratgems need working on! Shocked

(and yes I know what he meant.)

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

#17 - 2014-05-19 15:48:50 UTC
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK. ...

Isn't selling to CCP allowed? Just last week I sold 8.6b ISK to CCP for EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition. :P

o/ fly crazy

Living Breathing Fuel Blocks
#18 - 2014-05-19 15:53:25 UTC
To fight monster, we create monster

Kinda remind me of that.
#19 - 2014-05-19 16:14:24 UTC
Congratulations on the promotion.

By the way, have you found Sreeg's old jackboots?
#20 - 2014-05-19 16:25:29 UTC
Burn them with fire, and leave no trace Twisted

Congratz Cool

§ Current Bond AE09 1 Trillion / Acc. 4,5t ISK

ƒ Want to become a better trader ?

¢ Pls help support EVEs charities!

@EveEntrepreneur

8 Pages123Next pageLast page