These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Don't try this at home!

First post First post
Author
Lothras Andastar
Doomheim
#21 - 2014-05-19 16:42:13 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:
Would be nice if PLEX wasn't 723 million. People right now are just going to pay for subs because the prices are ridiculously high. Of those who find "plexing" too daunting a prospect, a good portion are just going to go inactive. Straight

You realise this has nothing to do with CCP right? Plex prices are set by the free market.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#22 - 2014-05-19 16:44:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Lothras Andastar wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:
Would be nice if PLEX wasn't 723 million. People right now are just going to pay for subs because the prices are ridiculously high. Of those who find "plexing" too daunting a prospect, a good portion are just going to go inactive. Straight

You realise this has nothing to do with CCP right? Plex prices are set by the free market.
You're using facts in GD, are you mad?*

Apologies for the ****** image quality Oops

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#23 - 2014-05-19 16:49:16 UTC
Not entirely factual. CCP do intervene with PLEX, and in fact did in April I believe to slow their increase.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Dave Stark
#24 - 2014-05-19 16:50:30 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Not entirely factual. CCP do intervene with PLEX, and in fact did in April I believe to slow their increase.

they don't intervene because of price, they intervene because of price change. which are two very different things.
Prince Kobol
#25 - 2014-05-19 16:51:42 UTC
Would be great if CCP introduced secure tokens for logins.

Whilst this would not stop botting / RMT all together, it would make it a lot more difficult to create untraceable account after untraceable account.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#26 - 2014-05-19 16:58:12 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

they don't intervene because of price, they intervene because of price change. which are two very different things.
Touché.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#27 - 2014-05-19 17:03:28 UTC
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK.

Being as you live in Iceland, you are given ISK on a daily basis I think your fiscal stratgems need working on! Shocked

(and yes I know what he meant.)

CCP Employees get paid daily? That must be nice!

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#28 - 2014-05-19 17:07:12 UTC
Keep up the good work, CCP!! Cool

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#29 - 2014-05-19 17:08:55 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK.

Being as you live in Iceland, you are given ISK on a daily basis I think your fiscal stratgems need working on! Shocked

(and yes I know what he meant.)

CCP Employees get paid daily? That must be nice!

i doubt it.
Solecist Project
#30 - 2014-05-19 17:12:13 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Ahost Gceo wrote:
People right now are just going to pay for subs because the prices are ridiculously high. Of those who find "plexing" too daunting a prospect, a good portion are just going to go inactive. Straight

Has anybody actually noticed what he says?

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.

Of course people will pay for the sub. Why wouldn't they?
I am paying for my sub! And why wouldn't I?

I can afford ten accounts every month easily,
without breaking a single sweat ... all with real money!

I have no need to waste my ISK for PLEX.
I save a ridiculous amount of time by paying for my sub,
instead of wasting ISK for PLEX!

Without people paying for the subs and buying PLEX from CCP, (or legal resellers)
people like you couldn't even play this game!

And the worst of you people are those who say that,
if they couldn't PLEX their accounts,
they wouldn't play,
because the game's not worth it!

*Snip* Please refrain from using profanity. ISD Ezwal.

Some people are no actual loss!

Good riddance!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#31 - 2014-05-19 17:26:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
still waiting on that survey.

you know which one i'm talking about Blink
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#32 - 2014-05-19 17:51:50 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:

If you want cheaper PLEX then you should support the GM team's campaign against botters and RMTers. Every player that buys ISK from an RMT site is one that doesn't buy a PLEX from CCP to sell for ISK, thus reducing PLEX supply and increasing PLEX prices.

RMTers are literally stealing from you.

Burn them out.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Black Panpher
CastleKickers
#33 - 2014-05-19 18:03:01 UTC
A bit late....
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#34 - 2014-05-19 18:18:38 UTC
CCP Grimmi cleaning up EVE. **** yeah.

http://i.imgur.com/zsheIM0.gif
Josef Djugashvilis
#35 - 2014-05-19 18:53:49 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:

Form a Union, refuse collectively to buy the 'overpriced' PLEX and they should come down in price.

Good luck with that Smile

This is not a signature.

Noriko Mai
#36 - 2014-05-19 19:07:31 UTC
Bring the old advertisement back. "Joe did business with the enemy"

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#37 - 2014-05-19 19:41:08 UTC
haha suckers Big smile

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#38 - 2014-05-19 19:42:21 UTC
CCP Grimmi wrote:
Counterintuitively, we buy ISK. We do it to track, find and terminate RMT operations. Buying ISK for this purpose is in our budget as good return of investment in the fight against RMT.

Crafty as they are, they have a weakness. It's money. They do anything to get it. Account hacking, credit card fraud, exploits and botting is all part of THEIR game. However, protecting our players from violations of the EULA and more serious offenses is OUR game, and we have the team to do it.

Sadly, some buyers may be affected when ISK originating from such sources is confiscated and bans issued. However, our EULA is also clear that players should not buy outside of EVE or CCP. We regret all damages caused by RMT and will never tire of telling people about PLEX and how it may be purchased on our website and through our official retail partners, listed here. Or that PLEX can then be sold via the in-game for ISK. Heaps of ISK!

Now, thar's something ye might want to try at home.

This leaves only one question...

Who will WE be buying from this week?

Hmmm ... whose credit card do you use? I hope it comes with a condom...
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#39 - 2014-05-19 20:00:51 UTC
Officially this entire thread is against the forum rules, but oh well, even I know my place...Smile

Still, I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Dirk MacGirk
Specter Syndicate
#40 - 2014-05-19 20:07:41 UTC
The whole thread is against the forum rules why? I don't thing Grimmi wrote anything that related to the rules you listed