These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] More lowsec K-K wormholes

First post First post
Author
Taoist Dragon
The Flying Dead.
#81 - 2014-05-14 01:18:39 UTC
\o/ More drunken roams and logging in to find yourself on the other side of the galaxy to what you thought you logged off in Twisted

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#82 - 2014-05-14 01:26:00 UTC
I like how Low Sec is becoming like The Dude's rug... it really tied the room together.

Now, the next step is to make it so that ships cannot jump drive out of High Sec, but have to get into Low or Null Sec first...

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2014-05-14 01:59:12 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:

Jump probe. Volume 8m³. Launched at targeted Jump Gate or Wormhole from a Expanded Probe Launcher.

Approaches Gate/Hole and activates it. Once on the other side it does a 250km directional scan and registers the system identity. Then it putters back towards the Gate/Hole and jumps back. There it uncloacks and waits for retrieval or until the flight time expires. Once retrieved the scan data can be read out.

If it doesn't come out again, something must have shot it down. Or something else may come through in its stead.

Advantage: You know where you're going.

Disadvantage: Someone knows you're looking and it slows down travelling time.
This is called "A n00b in a TI scanning frigate". There's even a TII available - "A scanning alt in a covops".
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#84 - 2014-05-14 02:00:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Catherine Laartii
stoicfaux wrote:
Any chance of these wormholes having a means of identifying just how far away they go? E.g. a dark red wormhole's exit would be within ~X lightyear radius, whereas a bright blue/white wormhole would exit, far, far, far away.

I ask because jumping into random wormholes gets a bit tedious.

Or maybe a skill/module that provides some analysis of the wormhole's exit, on the grounds we've had enough experience with wormholes to tease out some of the science behind them?



I'd really like to see them add exploration probes to the game that you can fire through the hole to get data on what's the other side before jumping through. The caveat would be that they're as large and difficult to fit as combat probes, and you lose one every time you fire it off into a hole.
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2014-05-14 02:08:35 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Anyone see any problems with this? :)


I can't think of any and it's pretty awesome that your going to implement an ideas so soon after it inception.

One thing to consider - if one of the end results is that more people will be interacting with wormholes, it may be good idea to improve the wormhole description/information panel to clearly describe what the different states mean... It will save immersion breaking google searches.


You need to Google to find out that there are three stages of mass, and four of time? They have simple and fairly clear text descriptions, and if you can't learn what they are the first time or two of WH scouting, you have no business using wormholes. I'm not much into 'HTFU' and 'dumbing it down', but this is ludicrous. If it's really too hard, make sure your sound is on, and if the WH is all 'breathy' or 'wobbly' in sound, don't use it - that way you'll only ever be using 50%+ mass and 75%+ time holes, and be perfectly safe from natural WH collapse.

Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2014-05-14 02:13:46 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:

Well, at the moment there are not that many k-k WHs that you could call it common.
What e.g. we do is: we want to go on a roam, so we scan for wormholes. Inside the WH-Systems there maybe is another WH and so on.
Within 2 or 3 Hops from your starting system you may end up somewhere in deep 0.0 where you start your roaming.

-you don't have to pass the standard entry systems
-Locals will more easily be surprised since they will not immediately track you in their intel channels
-you get to see different regions each time without having to travel far

You also might get a bit of 'content' going on with the WH residents. That is one thing that this new spawn rate will not increase. I'm of two minds about this - on one hand more people who might bring fights is fun. On the other, too many connections into and through WH space is annoying, though IME k-space folks don't bring a whole lot of fights anyway though low-sec people are the best for this - hisec people coming into WHs almost never fight, and nullsec types are almost as bad and usually seem to have no idea what w-space even is (we did did a bit of a scrap from some the other day, but usually we have to go out and roam for ages to find fights with nullsecers).
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
G0N3 F1SS10N
#87 - 2014-05-14 03:16:40 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
...and as far as freighters go, we're generally of the opinion that people trying to use lowsec wormholes for freighter logistics is a good thing for lowsec PvP :)


Good to hear, thank you. Lol

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Flyinghotpocket
Amarrian Vengeance
Team Amarrica
#88 - 2014-05-14 04:40:49 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
low sec is so ****** were giving you more ways to get out of it

Cool

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2014-05-14 05:30:17 UTC
Meytal wrote:
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
Sounds good, but as the guy said earlier, make it easy to tell WHs apart from useful signatures right away for ratters so we dont spend time scanning down unwanted WHs

Get your scanning skills up. Scanning is fast once you get used to it.


Yes (they already are), but wastes of time are wastes of time

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#90 - 2014-05-14 07:15:02 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Any chance of these wormholes having a means of identifying just how far away they go? E.g. a dark red wormhole's exit would be within ~X lightyear radius, whereas a bright blue/white wormhole would exit, far, far, far away.

I ask because jumping into random wormholes gets a bit tedious.

Or maybe a skill/module that provides some analysis of the wormhole's exit, on the grounds we've had enough experience with wormholes to tease out some of the science behind them?



I'd really like to see them add exploration probes to the game that you can fire through the hole to get data on what's the other side before jumping through. The caveat would be that they're as large and difficult to fit as combat probes, and you lose one every time you fire it off into a hole.


You can tell where the wormhole leads simply by looking at it. The wormhole colour reflects the nebula of the system on the other side.

corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2014-05-14 07:49:29 UTC
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
Sounds good, but as the guy said earlier, make it easy to tell WHs apart from useful signatures right away for ratters so we dont spend time scanning down unwanted WHs



You should learn about sig sizes that would help you ignore a fair bit.
Nimrod vanHall
Van Mij Belastingvrij
#92 - 2014-05-14 08:12:54 UTC
More K-K space wormholes and especially lowsec to nulsec holes might have a negative effect on (ice) mining, in nulsec and thus driving (ice) miners back to the safety of highsec. It might also lead to more expensive ships all around. If this is a good or a bad side effect depends on your own point of view ofcource.
Rek Seven
Probe Patrol
#93 - 2014-05-14 08:19:57 UTC
Nimrod vanHall wrote:
More K-K space wormholes and especially lowsec to nulsec holes might have a negative effect on (ice) mining, in nulsec and thus driving (ice) miners back to the safety of highsec. It might also lead to more expensive ships all around. If this is a good or a bad side effect depends on your own point of view ofcource.


They are increasing the number of connections, not removing local. Blink
Irya Boone
The Scope
#94 - 2014-05-14 08:24:39 UTC
CCp starting to do good things for low sec !!! i approve these "feature"

Who are you ? what have you done to the former CCP staff? Shocked

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Rain6637
NulzSec
#95 - 2014-05-14 08:40:23 UTC
Anthar Thebess
#96 - 2014-05-14 09:24:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
Can we have more Null <-> Null wormholes in NPC null space that is not affected by a sov upgrades.
Can those wormholes have small one time maximum mass but high total mass and /or regeneration capabilities?

This will also increase the "content"
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#97 - 2014-05-14 09:48:03 UTC
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
low sec is so ****** were giving you more ways to get out of it

Cool


Well played :)

Irya Boone wrote:
CCp starting to do good things for low sec !!! i approve these "feature"

Who are you ? what have you done to the former CCP staff? Shocked


WE ARE BROODAX! WE ARE BORN IN FLESH.

Anthar Thebess wrote:
Can we have more Null <-> Null wormholes in NPC null space that is not affected by a sov upgrades.
Can those wormholes have small one time maximum mass but high total mass and /or regeneration capabilities?

This will also increase the "content"


Interesting.
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#98 - 2014-05-14 09:55:24 UTC
I'm not a wormhole player, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do distinctly remember the excitement for our small null-sec alliance (~300 people) whenever a large wormhole opened up between somewhere near our systems, and highsec, or somewhere a couple of jumps away in low.

It gave us the opportunity to freighter in things like IHUB upgrades which we would otherwise not be able to manage without the benefit of bridging titans and the likes, which as a small alliance we didn't have.

Anyway, the alliance rallied around to protect both endpoints and we got those freighters through.
Anthar Thebess
#99 - 2014-05-14 10:01:16 UTC
Sentient Blade wrote:
I'm not a wormhole player, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do distinctly remember the excitement for our small null-sec alliance (~300 people) whenever a large wormhole opened up between somewhere near our systems, and highsec, or somewhere a couple of jumps away in low.

It gave us the opportunity to freighter in things like IHUB upgrades which we would otherwise not be able to manage without the benefit of bridging titans and the likes, which as a small alliance we didn't have.

Anyway, the alliance rallied around to protect both endpoints and we got those freighters through.


We are talking about additional WH.

Those high mass WH are sometimes priceless, but at the same time having ability to be able raid other parts of eve universe is also priceless.

Think about all those poor relic runners , they can do sites all around eve this way.
Blink
A'marrie Vect
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2014-05-14 10:09:02 UTC  |  Edited by: A'marrie Vect
where's the delete?