These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[Kronos] New Ship Skins

First post First post
Author
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-05-13 22:26:32 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hello everyone!

In Kronos we are introducing 20 new ship skins for the ship skinning pilot program, 12 in the revamped New Eden Store and 8 that can only be obtained through exploration in low security space.

All of these skinned ships will be visible on the market with the next SISI update and I'll see about getting them seeded for you fine people to test and enjoy as soon as possible.

The 12 skins available in the New Eden Store will be familiar to some of you, as they have been in the client files for a few months now. They represent a second cosmetic skin choice for the same 12 ships that can currently be customized through skins purchased in the NeX store. They will not necessarily all be released in the New Eden Store right away, but they will all be on the market and ready to go as of the Kronos release.
They are:
  • Punisher Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Merlin Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Rifter Nefantar Edition
  • Incursus Innerzone Shipping Edition
  • Omen Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Caracal Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Stabber Nefantar Edition
  • Thorax Innerzone Shipping Edition
  • Abaddon Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Rokh Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Maelstrom Nefantar Edition
  • Hyperion Innerzone Shipping Edition

I'm very excited to announce that we will also be adding more skins available through purely ingame achievement in Kronos. These will be 8 skins that can be obtained only through exploration in low security space. More information about the sites that these blueprints will drop in will come in the near future.
These skins are (including some links to web renders on a third party site for those of you who cannot wait until the SISI update):

These skins should be visible in the next SISI update, and we'll be collecting feedback here.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Turelus
Utassi Security
#2 - 2014-05-13 22:29:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Turelus
First?

Interesting... Has the program worked well enough yet that CCP wants to invest the time into making these skins something more like a rig slot rather than entirely new ships?

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2014-05-13 22:29:23 UTC
You spin me right round baby right round...

That blood raider prophecy is sweet.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#4 - 2014-05-13 22:31:22 UTC
Finally Tash-Murkon skins are coming out
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2014-05-13 22:32:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Turelus wrote:
First?

Interesting... Has the program worked well enough yet that CCP wants to invest the time into making these skins something more like a rig slot rather than entirely new ships?

We are indeed continuing to work towards tech that will allow possible future implementations. We showed some of the work going into the ship customization tech at the EVE keynote at Fanfest.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#6 - 2014-05-13 22:32:24 UTC
I don't suppose there is any chance of getting a T3 ship skin?

Some of us are too spacerich to be seen in a T1 ship

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#7 - 2014-05-13 22:34:07 UTC
Loving the Thukker Cyclone.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#8 - 2014-05-13 22:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
not sure what to think about the bloodrider skins. Bloodrider skin for the geddon would make it look like the bhaaal with no visual difference. (i know that the geddon doesn't have the skin option yet)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Rann Skir
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-05-13 22:39:34 UTC
By low-sec exploration, will this be a belt thing like the Mordu's ships or will they be found through DED/unrateds?
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#10 - 2014-05-13 22:55:48 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Turelus wrote:
First?

We are indeed continuing to work towards tech that will allow possible future implementations. We showed some of the work going into the ship customization tech at the EVE keynote at Fanfest.

Oh yeah you did, I'm sure all of you at CCP have a sadistic teasing side to you...love it! If you were Exotic Dancers - Female I'd be homeless, car less and bankrupt but happy Lol
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-05-13 22:58:39 UTC
Regarding ship skins, I had kind of a wild idea to help sell them; a long term, requires-additional-development type of idea.

Right now, ship skins are very difficult to actually see on other players. You can see your own in stations when you're ship spinning, but nearly everyone else's skins are invisible, aside from the overview.

To help this, perhaps implement a "kill cam" when you are podded. In games like Team Fortress 2, when you're killed, the camera zooms to a shot of the player who killed you for a few moments, allowing you to see their festoons and hats. Right now, when you're podded, you get a vignette showing your frozen corpse. Perhaps this vignette could also pan towards a shot of your killer as well, for a few moments, before fading to black. This would allow anyone who is podded to see their killer (and their sweet NEX store skin!)

This vignette could easily be fake and not really exist, like the frozen corpse vignette is now. It could be informed by what is going on in the grid you're in, but doesn't necessarily have to represent reality.

I feel like greater visibility for ship skins will go a long way to help sell them, and it'll look cool to boot.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#12 - 2014-05-13 23:13:32 UTC
More things worth fighting over in lowsec is a very, very good thing.

Are these coming from combat sites, hacking sites, ghost sites, anomalies, expeditions or a mixture of them all?

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Alim Omaristos
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-05-13 23:14:02 UTC
Why not release actual pirate ships in these sizes instead of skins? This just seems lazy to me. Either lazy or you are grabbing at straws for some extra cash, either way I don't like it.
Franky Saken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-05-13 23:15:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Franky Saken
Querns wrote:
Regarding ship skins, I had kind of a wild idea to help sell them; a long term, requires-additional-development type of idea.

Right now, ship skins are very difficult to actually see on other players. You can see your own in stations when you're ship spinning, but nearly everyone else's skins are invisible, aside from the overview.

To help this, perhaps implement a "kill cam" when you are podded. In games like Team Fortress 2, when you're killed, the camera zooms to a shot of the player who killed you for a few moments, allowing you to see their festoons and hats. Right now, when you're podded, you get a vignette showing your frozen corpse. Perhaps this vignette could also pan towards a shot of your killer as well, for a few moments, before fading to black. This would allow anyone who is podded to see their killer (and their sweet NEX store skin!)

This vignette could easily be fake and not really exist, like the frozen corpse vignette is now. It could be informed by what is going on in the grid you're in, but doesn't necessarily have to represent reality.

I feel like greater visibility for ship skins will go a long way to help sell them, and it'll look cool to boot.

Love it. If it would be based on the actual grid you'd see them coming in to loot you. If it's stealth bombers which have recloaked/warped you'd just see the empty spot adding to their cloakyness.
Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#15 - 2014-05-13 23:32:26 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hello everyone!

In Kronos we are introducing 20 new ship skins for the ship skinning pilot program, 12 in the revamped New Eden Store and 8 that can only be obtained through exploration in low security space.

All of these skinned ships will be visible on the market with the next SISI update and I'll see about getting them seeded for you fine people to test and enjoy as soon as possible.

The 12 skins available in the New Eden Store will be familiar to some of you, as they have been in the client files for a few months now. They represent a second cosmetic skin choice for the same 12 ships that can currently be customized through skins purchased in the NeX store. They will not necessarily all be released in the New Eden Store right away, but they will all be on the market and ready to go as of the Kronos release.
They are:
  • Punisher Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Merlin Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Rifter Nefantar Edition
  • Incursus Innerzone Shipping Edition
  • Omen Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Caracal Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Stabber Nefantar Edition
  • Thorax Innerzone Shipping Edition
  • Abaddon Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Rokh Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Maelstrom Nefantar Edition
  • Hyperion Innerzone Shipping Edition

I'm very excited to announce that we will also be adding more skins available through purely ingame achievement in Kronos. These will be 8 skins that can be obtained only through exploration in low security space. More information about the sites that these blueprints will drop in will come in the near future.
These skins are (including some links to web renders on a third party site for those of you who cannot wait until the SISI update):

These skins should be visible in the next SISI update, and we'll be collecting feedback here.

Hey! How about some love for the Indy Pilots that exist also, Great and all I can skin my Combat ships.. But how about some Hulk/mak/skiff/ Orca/ Rorqual and the barges or Ventures... Or even our viators... Currently I have to spend $149 To get a rorqual Skin... Meanwhile the PVP side of even can just aurum or LP it all...

You guys always say that Industry is the backbone /Bread and butter of EVE... Why not give us some Ship skin love also!
Zorena
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#16 - 2014-05-13 23:38:56 UTC
Two step wrote:
I don't suppose there is any chance of getting a T3 ship skin?

Some of us are too spacerich to be seen in a T1 ship

khanid ham legion oooffff
Sven Viko VIkolander
In space we are briefly free
#17 - 2014-05-14 00:04:58 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

First of all, a huge thank you for all the love you've been showing low sec lately. I look forward to seeing the details of how to obtain them. I've seriously always wanted the blood raider ship skins the npcs fly

Some substantive comments though: I really suggest you take a look at Ripard Teg's blog post about what the pricing of the store ship skins ought to be http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2014/05/zen-and-art-of-monetization.html I think he is exactly correct--if the skins were the same price as the average rig for the respective ship type, I and many other players would skin many more ships. As of now, I fly each only occasionally as sort of a gimmick.
Cassini Valentine
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-05-14 00:07:50 UTC
They're all lovely but, where are my guardian/augoror skins? D: I had my fingers crossed for those. Or maybe that aperture oracle I keep seeing crop up
Azami Nevinyrall
#19 - 2014-05-14 00:10:46 UTC
I'm impressed!

+1

Now gimmie moar skins please!

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-05-14 00:25:20 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

I freaking LOVE you, Fozzie!

:)

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
123Next pageLast page