These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] New Ship Skins

First post First post
Author
Arcos Vandymion
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2014-05-18 12:28:27 UTC
Since you managed to apply the fancy faction camo to all sorts of ships now (though to be fair we've been shooting a lot of these ships in missions for a while now haven't we?) - when are we finally gonna see pirate caps to blow up?
How else have the pirate factions managed to not get roflstomped by the players and/or empires by now if they aren't living out of cloaky moms etc... on another note, while I recon that Gurista Chimera would probably look nifty, an Angel Hel doesn't quite go along with the style of the Machariel or Dramiel so unique pirate factions at least would need unique cap designes too (a spiky ball of death not unlike the frigate is infront of my inner eye when I try to envision a Sansha Dread for example).

You could solve several problems like that actually - more content to draw upon for missions/incursions/sites and so on and so forth.

Also can't wait for a Blood Oracle - honestly the only skin I could care for (to bad I couldn't put on Blood Pulses with scorch because Meta6+ is worse then Meta5 with Turrets and Missiles ONLY but that's a different't topic *cough*).
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#62 - 2014-05-18 21:39:22 UTC
DAT Guristas skin

I would definitely like to see the pirate factions actually HAVE Destroyers and battlecruisers, but in the mean time the skins are shiney.

One question I have is how all these skins are going to interact with the customizable skinning stuff you are working on. They seem to make each other a bit redundant, but a skin slot or something is preferable to a separate ship since the latter clutters the market a bit for something that isn't functionally different.

Will the skins go away entirely, be transformed into a new form (such as being an option to pick in the customizer) and when that happens, what happens to the old skin BPCs and skinned ships?
I TheCount I
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2014-05-19 03:16:15 UTC
Personally, I would rather see Pirate BCs and Dessies over Pirate skinned ones...oh well...
Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#64 - 2014-05-19 20:29:27 UTC
I'm loving them! Specially those Pirate faction ones =) And you say we'll be able to get them ingame? Sweet Big smile

I'll just say 4 words:

Rogue Drone Dominix skin.

Please? Pretty please? =3 Bonus points if it could be got ingame as the other Pirate skins.

A bit out of topic, but will the Rogue Drone Dominixes get the new Dominix model too?
Rex Witsel
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#65 - 2014-05-20 13:26:00 UTC
Serpentis skins are half way there, now make one for the Atron and I'll never ask for another ship skin.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#66 - 2014-05-20 20:44:34 UTC
And when are these going to appear in the LP store?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Dark Drifter
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#67 - 2014-05-20 21:29:38 UTC
would it be possible to add a roll bonus to these pirate skinned ships.

give the destroyers a bonus to OB ammo damage?
BCs getting a small bonus to some atribute. ?
Xenuria
#68 - 2014-05-20 22:30:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hello everyone!

In Kronos we are introducing 20 new ship skins for the ship skinning pilot program, 12 in the revamped New Eden Store and 8 that can only be obtained through exploration in low security space.

All of these skinned ships will be visible on the market with the next SISI update and I'll see about getting them seeded for you fine people to test and enjoy as soon as possible.

The 12 skins available in the New Eden Store will be familiar to some of you, as they have been in the client files for a few months now. They represent a second cosmetic skin choice for the same 12 ships that can currently be customized through skins purchased in the NeX store. They will not necessarily all be released in the New Eden Store right away, but they will all be on the market and ready to go as of the Kronos release.
They are:
  • Punisher Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Merlin Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Rifter Nefantar Edition
  • Incursus Innerzone Shipping Edition
  • Omen Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Caracal Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Stabber Nefantar Edition
  • Thorax Innerzone Shipping Edition
  • Abaddon Tash-Murkon Edition
  • Rokh Wiyrkomi Edition
  • Maelstrom Nefantar Edition
  • Hyperion Innerzone Shipping Edition

I'm very excited to announce that we will also be adding more skins available through purely ingame achievement in Kronos. These will be 8 skins that can be obtained only through exploration in low security space. More information about the sites that these blueprints will drop in will come in the near future.
These skins are (including some links to web renders on a third party site for those of you who cannot wait until the SISI update):

These skins should be visible in the next SISI update, and we'll be collecting feedback here.

Question: Do we as players have to pretend we care about these skins in order for CCP to decide to move forward with custom ship paint?

I for one can't wait to paint Amanda Palmer on my Avatar.
Josef Djugashvilis
#69 - 2014-06-01 06:10:39 UTC
I am probably late to the party and I have not read all the thread, is the new shiny looking Dominix on the way?

This is not a signature.

Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#70 - 2014-06-15 10:42:32 UTC
These skins are really sweet, all of them!

I'd like to see more of them. For example, I'd love to see a Vherokior Maelstrom... khaki armor plates and pale blue lights ^w^
Oakheart Stoneface
Scorpio Mortis
#71 - 2014-08-15 20:52:29 UTC
The idea that I like, is for the ships that you can buy using Loyalty point should be given with the skin of the company that you gained the Loyalty Points with.