These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WiS pledge fundrising

First post First post
Author
Solecist Project
#141 - 2014-05-02 09:23:09 UTC
Ubat Batuk wrote:
BTW I thought the rebellion was about micro transactions an not Incarna.
The "rebellion" was about a lot of different things,
for a quite large amount of different people.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#142 - 2014-05-02 09:24:36 UTC
Ubat Batuk wrote:

sparked by greed is good but fuelled by many things

wis is basically dead and buried at this point and i severely doubt anyone's willing to cough up enough millions to dig up the fetid corpse

there are wiser investments. such as the homestuck computer game kickstarter.
Captain IQ
Innocent Traders Ltd
#143 - 2014-05-02 09:25:57 UTC
Khanh'rhh's reply is the checkmate of every WiS discussion and rightly so because it is a game about space ships not about dancing in stations but more and more players are realising that the game needs to keep up with what the competition is doing and with what players are coming to expect from a game especially when it's subscription based, this is why these threads keep popping up.

The game as it stands will never be fixed there will always be something that needs adding, fixing or balancing, no game world on this scale will ever be perfect but then that doesn't mean it should be allowed to stagnate. If we keep getting offered clothes, tattoos and even avatar defying shoes (new designs now NOT the old designs from the disaster) then we have to get WiS or else CCP are just exploiting our hopes and destroying the future of the game and that will be a checkmate for us all.
Solecist Project
#144 - 2014-05-02 09:28:17 UTC
Captain IQ wrote:
Khanh'rhh's reply is the checkmate of every WiS discussion and rightly so because it is a game about space ships not about dancing in stations but more and more players are realising that the game needs to keep up with what the competition is doing and with what players are coming to expect from a game especially when it's subscription based, this is why these threads keep popping up.

The game as it stands will never be fixed there will always be something that needs adding, fixing or balancing, no game world on this scale will ever be perfect but then that doesn't mean it should be allowed to stagnate. If we keep getting offered clothes, tattoos and even avatar defying shoes (new designs now NOT the old designs from the disaster) then we have to get WiS or else CCP are just exploiting our hopes and destroying the future of the game and that will be a checkmate for us all.

That's one horrible post.

And your name is an insult to everybody else.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#145 - 2014-05-02 09:35:31 UTC
CCP do not do WIS kickstarter for a reason. The reason is SC and Elite: Dangerous, both kickstarted some time ago and now work in progress.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#146 - 2014-05-02 10:45:57 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Captain IQ wrote:

That's one horrible post.

And your name is an insult to everybody else.

Not to mention his face, and thats in the same post as yours!
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#147 - 2014-05-02 11:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Ubat Batuk wrote:
Dear Khanh'rhh, your points are valid, but let me tell you that as you want only space ships, I want WiS. So maybe we should really look at what percentages of people really want what, because we risk to have a colour revolution where 1% of the people mange to impose their will on the other 99%. Not to say that this is the real percentage and it might well be that people wanting WiS is a minority, but to be honest I don't know that. Does CCP know that? So all I am asking is objectivity. CCP may come to me and say Ubat, STFU. In that case I might, but I believe that I still have the right to request features that I like.

An honest question - were you around when it happened? There were many polls done at the time and the overwhelming majority of people wanted a full re-focus on spaceships; it's why CCP did a complete 180 and the next couple of expansions (that fixed things people were begging for, but were scheduled years away) were massive successes. Not to mention, of course, the emergency CSM summit where the CSM took feedback to CCP, which resulted in the statements that CCP would do this turn-about (love him or hate him, The Mittani basically saved your spaceship game).

Quote:

It was about the whole direction of the game at that time. With CCP telling everyone they couldn't work on spaceships because they were doing WiS, and WiS looking like it would be nothing other than an avatar and a cash-shop for the next couple of years, players rightly refused to support that development.
If you weren't around at the time, the uproar wasn't limited to a few posts on GD about how sucky it was, the forums were completely full of rage, every in-game hub had fleets of hundreds shooting the monuments (this was a deliberate attempt, pre-tidi, to crash the servers and keep them off) and CCP were staring at a number of subscriptions that was in a complete nose-dive. It took just under a year before CCP caught back up to pre-incarna subscription numbers, as people weren't just hitting unsub for show.

e: If you don't know why the "Greed is good" leak was controversial, it's because it was a document exploring how they would use the new Aurum store to introduce pay-to-win items ('gold ammo').

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2014-05-02 11:23:38 UTC
You'd think people would remember the reason for the collective rage of the fan base that nearly shut a company down... But noooo...
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#149 - 2014-05-02 11:34:58 UTC
It's kind of understandable in its way, it was a perfect storm of a number of really bad decisions, all in a very tight timeframe; many of which, in isolation, would never have caused the storm it did (after all, the "18 months" statement had been a year prior, but set up the pile of gasoline-coated tinder that the captains quarters, NeX store, 1000$ jeans, and 'Greed is Good' ignited). So now, in retrospect, it makes sense that most people only remember the thing that caused them to add their voice to the cacophony, and selectively forget the things that they themselves either didn't care about, or actually partially liked.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#150 - 2014-05-02 14:54:16 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
CCP do not do WIS kickstarter for a reason. The reason is SC and Elite: Dangerous, both kickstarted some time ago and now work in progress.

Don't forget that before the micro-transaction rage out, EVE online was the original star citizen in addition to being the direct descendant of Elite. If CCP chooses to finish what they started with the CQ there would be no competition and when anyone came along with a new sci-fi game people would say 'that's just like Eve so what's the point.'

If you want market dominance then avatars are the way to go.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#151 - 2014-05-02 15:05:30 UTC
Incidentally, the news about Legion should be good for you guys. Sure, it isn't walking in stations, but it's a step closer, and might one day serve as a bridge back to a new look at the WIS concept.
Little Dragon Khamez
#152 - 2014-05-02 16:04:55 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Incidentally, the news about Legion should be good for you guys. Sure, it isn't walking in stations, but it's a step closer, and might one day serve as a bridge back to a new look at the WIS concept.

It's a very positive step and for the time being it will certainly satisfy my needs. I cant wait to get a battlesuit and give it a go.

Captain IQ
Innocent Traders Ltd
#153 - 2014-05-02 16:28:54 UTC
Forgetting the Kickstarter route, would anybody pay an extra sub to get that door open?

Opening one facility room at a time and so scaling it depending on subscriptions since they seem to talk louder than words.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#154 - 2014-05-02 16:35:35 UTC
You are all better off sending me the money and in exchange I'll send you back a poorly drawn MSPaint of what I think the interior of your captains quarters would look like.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Little Dragon Khamez
#155 - 2014-05-02 16:39:49 UTC
Captain IQ wrote:
Forgetting the Kickstarter route, would anybody pay an extra sub to get that door open?

Opening one facility room at a time and so scaling it depending on subscriptions since they seem to talk louder than words.

I certainly would.

Little Dragon Khamez
#156 - 2014-05-02 16:40:35 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
You are all better off sending me the money and in exchange I'll send you back a poorly drawn MSPaint of what I think the interior of your captains quarters would look like.

A butt hurt goons tears,

delicious...

Master Flakattack
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#157 - 2014-05-02 17:11:16 UTC
Captain IQ wrote:
That's just details.

I'd pledge £100 Op, you can dig up plenty of my old posts about WiS. It's the natural progression for this game, it has to happen,

Why? Can you or any other WiS-beggar explain what you think WIS will actually add to the experience outside of RP? I have not seen a single post explaining this.
flakeys
Doomheim
#158 - 2014-05-02 17:26:44 UTC
Ubat Batuk wrote:
I pledge £500 as personal contribution to WiS which CCP can take automatically from my account when they deliver WiS.

1. Are there other players with ballz to commit to WiS development?
2. CCP do you have the ballz to make WiS?

I am watching this with interest...

Link to CCP video about WiS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E

I hazz ballz .. but unfortunatly for you i don't give a **** about WIS .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Little Dragon Khamez
#159 - 2014-05-02 17:29:36 UTC
Master Flakattack wrote:
Captain IQ wrote:
That's just details.

I'd pledge £100 Op, you can dig up plenty of my old posts about WiS. It's the natural progression for this game, it has to happen,

Why? Can you or any other WiS-beggar explain what you think WIS will actually add to the experience outside of RP? I have not seen a single post explaining this.

it's a whole new gameplay, you know, like Dust was, Valkyrie and now Legion.

Organic Lager
Drinking Buddies
#160 - 2014-05-02 17:44:06 UTC
Master Flakattack wrote:
Captain IQ wrote:
That's just details.

Personally i can see it as a new form of exploration and pi. I see the mobile units explorers would use as new ships and modules to build for manufacturers. With new ships and modules come new skills to train. This is just the tip of the ice burg of what could be done above and beyond "rp".

I see it as a system to run parallel to space ships not instead of space ships.

Eve is a sand box and the more shovels and buckets of varying sizes and shapes we have to play with the more fun we'll all have.