These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Giving Drones an Assist

First post First post
Author
Erasmus Phoenix
Avalanche.
#641 - 2014-04-03 16:01:33 UTC
Cisen Ormand wrote:
Quote:
Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly, I have Scout Drone Operation V & Combat Drone Operation IV currently. When the expansion goes live I'll have Light & Medium Drone Operation both at V?

I also would like conformation on this. I am in the same situation (scout drone op 5, combat drone op 4.)

After the update Ill have light and medium drone op both at 5 and now will suddenly be able to fit the T2 drone link augmenter?

Please confirm. Thanks.

They haven't said what will unlock the link augmenter after the change, I'm curious about that in particular.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#642 - 2014-04-03 16:29:53 UTC
Erasmus Phoenix wrote:
They haven't said what will unlock the link augmenter after the change, I'm curious about that in particular.

Drone Avionics, most likely, since it ties in with what the actual module does — same as now.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#643 - 2014-04-03 16:34:17 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Sorry for the delay in answering some of the skill questions guys.

As many of you have suggested, we'll be giving pilots the same level in both Light Drone Operation and Medium Drone Operation as the highest level they have in either Scout Drone Operation or Combat Drone Operation over the patch downtime.

The Light Drone Operation skill will be rank 1, the Medium Drone Operation skill will be rank 2.

you have barely answered any questions in this thread ...

- drone control range can you increase it? (i went into more detail in another post) and add it to attributes tab please
- can we have drones being fixed in dronebay? maybe using nanite paste kinda like burnt guns etc..
- can we have more drone skills? falloff, orbit velocity, tracking etc..
- how about drones op/falloff (i went into more detail in another post) and shield/armour HP values reflecting their actual races?
- will you sort out the excessive sig radius on drones?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#644 - 2014-04-03 16:35:37 UTC
Erasmus Phoenix wrote:
Cisen Ormand wrote:
Quote:
Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly, I have Scout Drone Operation V & Combat Drone Operation IV currently. When the expansion goes live I'll have Light & Medium Drone Operation both at V?

I also would like conformation on this. I am in the same situation (scout drone op 5, combat drone op 4.)

After the update Ill have light and medium drone op both at 5 and now will suddenly be able to fit the T2 drone link augmenter?

Please confirm. Thanks.

the DLA's should really use the new drone avionics skill

DLA T1 - drone avionics
DLA T2 - advanced drone avionics

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#645 - 2014-04-03 16:42:02 UTC
Harvey James wrote:

- drone control range can you increase it? (i went into more detail in another post) and add it to attributes tab please

With sentry-fit carriers stacking Drone Link Augmentors and Omnidirectional Tracking Links, sentries were able to project damage out to 170km. It's unlikely that an increase to base drone range is in the cards.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#646 - 2014-04-03 16:43:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Harvey James wrote:
the DLA's should really use the new drone avionics skill

DLA T1 - drone avionics
DLA T2 - advanced drone avionics

There's no reason why the requirements should change from what they are now. It's still the same module relying on the same skill — only the name has changed. Nvm, they're tied to CDO now. Still, Drone Avionics is the sensible choice.
Rikard Nomm
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#647 - 2014-04-03 16:47:52 UTC
Ruric Thyase wrote:
Rikard Nomm wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

As many of you have suggested, we'll be giving pilots the same level in both Light Drone Operation and Medium Drone Operation as the highest level they have in either Scout Drone Operation or Combat Drone Operation over the patch downtime.

The Light Drone Operation skill will be rank 1, the Medium Drone Operation skill will be rank 2.

great. wasted a day of training on 2 characters plugging in CDO V yesterday and both already have SDO V. now im at work and cant stop it for the rest of the day.

whelp, DI V, Sentry V, Heavy V are feeling like a bit of wasted SP on my 13m SP char now and now i get to burn 2 more days on a skill that i dont need at all! Yay!

This. Put in CDO V to get ahead of the patch like when they separated the BC skill into racials. I can say Rikard that once you reach a certain number of skill points, losing 1 day doesn't really matter and you come to cherish the times when it only takes a week to train the skill to V

On an unrelated note this whole thread has been rather amusing.

im not too bummed about a day or 2. its just like an extra kick while your already down. Ive put off training for a few commonly flown corp doctrines to finish out my drone skills due to my current attribute map and now its all feeling a bit wasted.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#648 - 2014-04-03 16:48:09 UTC
Querns wrote:
Harvey James wrote:

With sentry-fit carriers stacking Drone Link Augmentors and Omnidirectional Tracking Links, sentries were able to project damage out to 170km. It's unlikely that an increase to base drone range is in the cards.

well they can easily remove some highs from carriers if they want

Kadar Yassavi
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#649 - 2014-04-03 16:54:48 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Maybe you should reimburse the skill points of the skill that won't be used for the convertion.

For example if I have Scout Drone Operation to V and Combat Drone Operation to IV, the new skills will be adjusted to my Scout Drone Operation skill level and the skillpoints of my Combat Drone Operation skill will go to the allocatable skillpoint pool. And if we have both at V currently of course you should reimburse the skillpoints of the higher ranked Combat Drone Operations (of course! :D).

That way it won't feel like you've wasted skill time in the past if you maxed both skills.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#650 - 2014-04-03 17:02:52 UTC
Jet get rid of the racial differences between the drones. Give them the same base speed, tracking, damage, etc. then make the racial specs affect different stats based on racial characteristics.

Gallente Drone Spec - 5% per level to all drone tracking speed
Minmatar Drone Spec - 5% per level to all drone falloff
Amarr Drone Spec - 4% per level to all drone armor resists
Caldari Drone Spec - 4% per level to all drone shield resists

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#651 - 2014-04-03 17:08:35 UTC
Javon Bars wrote:
So previously shield-based supercapitals were already the strongest supers in the game. You "balance" this by making them even stronger?

Sounds legit.

I think the biggest joke is the dev saying that grath doesn't know how to sov grind works and then saying that the intended fix was to boost the caldari super ,thinking that she was the worst super, and admitting that she needed a buff.

Holly crap ....

To summarize the thread the shield supers will be top dog for now because they can have more damage and have more tank .

Fine by me i will just switch to shield supers , overpowered suits me fine.
Icylce
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#652 - 2014-04-03 17:09:12 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

This sound like a sanction to the players, who have both skills trained to 5. Just simple 1:1 would be enough Imho. Or reimburse the lost training time with SP, I train one rank 1 skill to lvl 5 and rank 2 to lvl 1 and will be getting rank 1 and rank 2 skill lvl 5? Thats 500k SP difference (aprox). I dont see how u could justify this, without reimbursing the players with proper training.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#653 - 2014-04-03 17:09:25 UTC
Kadar Yassavi wrote:
That way it won't feel like you've wasted skill time in the past if you maxed both skills.

The only way for you to have wasted any time was if you never actually used the skills. No matter what, you will come out ahead in this deal. If some people come out “more ahead” than others, so what? If you trained those skills, your drones were better — they were never a waste.

Asking or a refund of SP when you're already getting at least 50% more than you had before is a bit silly…
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#654 - 2014-04-03 17:20:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Masao Kurata
Icylce wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

This sound like a sanction to the players, who have both skills trained to 5. Just simple 1:1 would be enough Imho. Or reimburse the lost training time with SP, I train one rank 1 skill to lvl 5 and rank 2 to lvl 1 and will be getting rank 1 and rank 2 skill lvl 5? Thats 500k SP difference (aprox). I dont see how u could justify this, without reimbursing the players with proper training.

Kindly think about how bad it is for players who start playing AFTER this patch. They will have to invest 1,024,000 SP to get the same skills as you put in 768,000 for (or 256,000 on alts that you train specifically to take advantage of this) so don't ask for SP reimbursement on top of that advantage.
Icylce
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#655 - 2014-04-03 17:32:36 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
Icylce wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Kindly think about how bad it is for players who start playing AFTER this patch. They will have to invest 1,024,000 SP to get the same skills as you put in 768,000 for so don't ask for SP reimbursement on top of that advantage.

Thats why this solution is bad. As u pointed out The players who join after patch will have to train 1024k instead of 768k I did for example. But others may have trained only 256k sp and will be getting the same amoun as I will. This is bad sollution and if they go this route, I feel they should reimburse the players who invested their time to train up.

However I do believe that they should distribute the skills in 1:1 ratio., meaning they would give u "just" the same lvl of the skill of coresponding rank u had already trained.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#656 - 2014-04-03 17:34:10 UTC
Harvey James wrote:

well they can easily remove some highs from carriers if they want

Would rather gimp triage carriers if they did that enough to make any odds in regards to drone control units so not so easily really.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#657 - 2014-04-03 17:38:25 UTC
Icylce wrote:
Thats why this solution is bad. As u pointed out The players who join after patch will have to train 1024k instead of 768k I did for example. But others may have trained only 256k sp and will be getting the same amoun as I will. This is bad sollution and if they go this route, I feel they should reimburse the players who invested their time to train up.

However I do believe that they should distribute the skills in 1:1 ratio., meaning they would give u "just" the same lvl of the skill of coresponding rank u had already trained.

Removing ability from players is a far worse solution than giving some people 512k SP and others “only” 256k. No matter what, you come out ahead. No matter what, the skills you trained weren't wasted.

Since you don't lose any abilities, there's really nothing to reimburse.
Oddsodz
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#658 - 2014-04-03 17:45:43 UTC
Quote:
all Supercarriers will receive a 100% damage bonus to Fighter and Fighter Bomber damage,

Does the mean that to Sansha variant Supercarrier The Revenant be getting a buff of an extra 100% damage bonus on top of the current one it has right now?

If I am right, This would mean that it will become worth owning for its damage output and not just a 300bill toy of pride ;-)

Or I am bad at Eve numbers?
Icylce
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#659 - 2014-04-03 17:47:21 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Icylce wrote:

Removing ability from players is a far worse solution than giving some people 512k SP and others “only” 256k. No matter what, you come out ahead. No matter what, the skills you trained weren't wasted.

Since you don't lose any abilities, there's really nothing to reimburse.

They already are removing ability of player to use t2 sentries. Skills were not but the time was. And time is the most valuable resource.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#660 - 2014-04-03 17:48:06 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Michael Harari wrote:
Is 1.9999 repeating the same thing as 2? PPP
You sir, are asking the real questions here! Blink

Yes

CCP should add LaTeX support for the forums so that i can post a proof for that =<

BYDI recruitment closed-ish