These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What to do in a Corporation?

Author
Oraac Ensor
#21 - 2014-01-20 13:22:39 UTC
Marcus Avon wrote:
I have a feeling though that you and I are in the minority on this so his advice was probably suitable for the vast majority of EVE players.

That could be so amongst the contributors to this forum but a survey conducted by CCP a while back suggested that the opposite is true for the player base as a whole.
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-01-20 14:03:44 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
Marcus Avon wrote:
I have a feeling though that you and I are in the minority on this so his advice was probably suitable for the vast majority of EVE players.

That could be so amongst the contributors to this forum but a survey conducted by CCP a while back suggested that the opposite is true for the player base as a whole.


Because that also includes alts etc.
If CCP would look at my characters I own, about 12 of them are in NPC corps. That doesnt mean I like to play solo or dont want to be part of a corp, its because those particular alts dont need to be in a corp and if they were it would just be blowing up membership count.

Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with not being in a corp, but personally I dont see any downsides to it...that is IF you are in the corp that SUITS you. If you are in the 'wrong' corp, then yes there are downsides to it (rules and API). But when you join the corp that fits you, neither the rules nor the API should be an disadvantage as you picked that corp because it suits you, if it does worry you...the corp isnt at fault, your own corp picking abilities is.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Oraac Ensor
#23 - 2014-01-20 14:22:56 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
Marcus Avon wrote:
I have a feeling though that you and I are in the minority on this so his advice was probably suitable for the vast majority of EVE players.

That could be so amongst the contributors to this forum but a survey conducted by CCP a while back suggested that the opposite is true for the player base as a whole.


Because that also includes alts etc.
If CCP would look at my characters I own, about 12 of them are in NPC corps. That doesnt mean I like to play solo or dont want to be part of a corp, its because those particular alts dont need to be in a corp and if they were it would just be blowing up membership count.
It was a questionnaire sent out to players asking about their primary play style, so I don't see how any of that is relevant.

J'Poll wrote:
Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with not being in a corp, but personally I dont see any downsides to it...that is IF you are in the corp that SUITS you. If you are in the 'wrong' corp, then yes there are downsides to it (rules and API). But when you join the corp that fits you, neither the rules nor the API should be an disadvantage as you picked that corp because it suits you, if it does worry you...the corp isnt at fault, your own corp picking abilities is.
If I followed that advice I would be spending 100% of my EVE time searching for the corp that "suits" me. I'd rather be playing the game, thanks.

API and rules are by no means the only downsides for corp membership.
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-01-20 14:43:55 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:

J'Poll wrote:
Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with not being in a corp, but personally I dont see any downsides to it...that is IF you are in the corp that SUITS you. If you are in the 'wrong' corp, then yes there are downsides to it (rules and API). But when you join the corp that fits you, neither the rules nor the API should be an disadvantage as you picked that corp because it suits you, if it does worry you...the corp isnt at fault, your own corp picking abilities is.
If I followed that advice I would be spending 100% of my EVE time searching for the corp that "suits" me. I'd rather be playing the game, thanks.

API and rules are by no means the only downsides for corp membership.


And who says you cant have fun playing the game while looking for the "perfect" group to fly with.

And name any other downsides on being in a corp that SUITS your gamestyle. Im not talking about being part of a corp that doesnt fit your gamestyle, if you are with people that match your gamestyle...there arent any dow sides I can think of as the group will think alike.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#25 - 2014-01-20 14:51:08 UTC
Marcus Avon wrote:
In fact I think its possible to argue that membership in a large corp is actually a moderate risk and a minor irritation what with the extra commitments, rules to follow, surrender of your API key and constant war decs. All this in exchange for what exactly?..... beats me.


What you describe sounds like a bad high sec corporation. There are many types of corps in EVE and they all offer different types of perks and or commitments. A wormhole corp is far different from a null sec bloc which is vastly different from a laid back faction warfare corp. And none of these have nearly as many downsides as you just described (ok...maybe null sec commitments). But in general, if you find a good corporation the benefits will outweigh the commitments.

That said, if you're happy as you are, don't worry about it! Exploration especially is mainly a solo venture and there just isn't much need for support from corp-mates. Just don't rule it out, as you might find you have changed your mind in a few months when you develop an interest in fleet combat or large scale production. And keep in mind that there are plenty of ways to interact with other players without joining a corp. Join public channels, go on public roams...just talk to interesting people in local. Interaction between players keeps ideas fresh and the game fun.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-01-20 15:06:14 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Marcus Avon wrote:
In fact I think its possible to argue that membership in a large corp is actually a moderate risk and a minor irritation what with the extra commitments, rules to follow, surrender of your API key and constant war decs. All this in exchange for what exactly?..... beats me.


What you describe sounds like a bad high sec corporation. There are many types of corps in EVE and they all offer different types of perks and or commitments. A wormhole corp is far different from a null sec bloc which is vastly different from a laid back faction warfare corp. And none of these have nearly as many downsides as you just described (ok...maybe null sec commitments). But in general, if you find a good corporation the benefits will outweigh the commitments.

That said, if you're happy as you are, don't worry about it! Exploration especially is mainly a solo venture and there just isn't much need for support from corp-mates. Just don't rule it out, as you might find you have changed your mind in a few months when you develop an interest in fleet combat or large scale production. And keep in mind that there are plenty of ways to interact with other players without joining a corp. Join public channels, go on public roams...just talk to interesting people in local. Interaction between players keeps ideas fresh and the game fun.



Want to stress stress on the last thing.

EVE is a MMO, play it multiplayer. That doesnt mean you must join a corp or must be part of a fixed group.
But interacting with others can enhance your gameplay, even if it is just general chatter in a public chat with other capsuleer.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Samuel Triptee
Malevelon Roe Industries
#27 - 2014-01-20 15:39:57 UTC
Very good information!

I'll add a couple points to the list...

1. If you join a corporation and then leave for some reason, try not to burn the bridges on your way out. In other words, leave on good terms with the corporate directors if possible. You may need them in the future as allies.

2. Take your time finding the right fit for your style of game play. Chat with a few of the members. Each corporation will have a different feel because of the personalities of it's members. Spend the time to find a group you get along with.

Have You Hugged Your Frigate Today?

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#28 - 2014-01-20 15:56:45 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Solo you will find EVE a very boring place, and likely cancel your subscription in short order.

Tau, you give an enormous amount of helpful information in this forum and I make a point of reading what you have to say about anything that interests me, so I'm very surprised to see you post this.

How do you know what another person will or will not find boring?

I don't, hence I clearly stated "likely".

Oraac Ensor wrote:
I've been playing for just over two years and have never been in a player corp other than EACS and yet I find EVE anything but boring. I have repeatedly compared the pros and cons of corp membership and can't find anything on the pro side that would outweigh the cons.

You and I are in the minority.

Oraac Ensor wrote:
If, as a very experienced player, you tell a newbie categorically that being in a corp is the only way to enjoy EVE you're not doing him any favours. Suppose he joins a corp but finds that he doesn't like the experience. If he takes your word as gospel he may take the view that if that's the best the game has to offer then he may as well leave, when in fact if he stayed on he may find that he enjoys the solo experience. How does that help either him or the game as a whole?

Hence I clearly stated, "Of course there are good corps and bad ones, so don't feel you have to stay in a bad one."

Oraac Ensor wrote:
The OP has asked about the benefits of corp membership - please by all means tell him what you perceive them to be, but don't tell him what he will or will not think.

Nothing I've posted in my 5 years can be construed as anything more than my opinion, especially in a thread where the OP calls for opinions.
Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#29 - 2014-01-20 16:53:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Haedonism Bot
I find it telling that the two people in this thread advocating staying in an NPC corporation both admit that they have never tried being in a player corporation (except for Marcus and his tax shelter corp, which doesn't count.)

It is true that not every player corporation is created equal. Join the wrong one (for you) and you may wish you hadn't. Fortunately, they are easier to leave than they are to join.

Let's think a little bit about the pros and cons of player corps. Obviously not all of these things apply to all corps.

Pros:
It greatly facilitates fleet activities. Large corps and alliances have fleets up all the time, and scheduled activities. Many people are attracted to EVE by large fleet battles. Random jackoffs in NPC corps don't get to participate in these things.

Community. It's fun to be part of a great community of players. To share in each other's victories and help each other overcome hardships. It is good to log on and see familiar faces.

Training/Mentoring. Not all corps will offer this, but NPC corps certainly do not.

Ship replacement programs.

Ore buy back programs.

Communal assets- POSes, POCOs, Titan bridge networks

Corp services - refining, hauling, etc

Wardecs - you can declare war on your rivals and kill their ships in highsec. This is lots of fun.


Cons:

AWOXing. This is only a con, of course, if you are the victim and not the perpetrator. Corp members can shoot each other in highsec. Most won't, but you always need to be a little bit suspicious. Good leadership can almost always prevent this from happening.

Bad leadership. Some corporations suck because they have a terrible CEO. A little research before joining goes a long way. Be especially wary of corps led by very new players - most of the time the CEO barely knows what game he is playing.

Wars. Wars are lots of fun, but they also put your assets at risk, so some people don't like them. To which I would say that if pointlessly accumulating assets is fun for you, stop playing video games and go get a job.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#30 - 2014-01-20 16:59:34 UTC  |  Edited by: NightCrawler 85
After having observed the thread for a couple of days its time for me to join in on the discussion as well.

First off, you should have doubts.
No matter what corporation you end up joining there will be disadvantages. It dosent matter how great the corp is, or how well you get along with the members or the leadership, it will never be "perfect".
However, this is true for all routes you can take in EVE, the key is finding something where the benefits outweighs the disadvantages (or at least the benefits are so great that you dont mind the disadvantages so much).
I know someone has already linked this, but im going to link it again to make sure it dident get missed.
This "guide" is supposed to help you understand the benefits and disadvantages of the choices you have once you want to leave the NPC corp. Of course its not "set in stone" as in, benefits and advantages can change from corp to corp, person to person, but it might help answer some of your questions.

Second, its a very good question. While im a firm believer that most people wont be able to fully enjoy EVE without a steady group of people to play with, some simply prefer that play style.
However, you are asking the question before you have really tried either option which leads me to believe that your.. concerned that it might end up badly based on experience from previous games.

In my experience corporations in EVE is a lot different from guilds/cabals/clans/whatever. You become a lot more.. tight with your group, you get to actually know people and talk to them outside of the weekly raid, and there is less off the whole "well you dont have full purple so we dont want to talk to you until you have done enough pugs to get what we want".
This can be both good and bad, depending on your play style.

Some dont really want to get to close to the people they play with and prefer to stay on their own and just observe, others wants to be the center of attention, while some settles for being "something in between". But because of how EVE works, the different play styles, the different leadership styles, its possible to find corporations where you can be any of those things, you just have to look for them.

Third, i would suggest that you do join a corporation. Use the guide linked above to help you, if you join one that dosent suit you at all try another one, and repeat this 3 -4 times spending something like 2 weeks to a month in each corporation to make sure it really is not your thing (unless something drastic happens like they awox you as an example Lol ).

If you at that point still dont feel 100% about being in a corp, leave and start your own solo corporation or just stay in the NPC corp. At least then when people ask you why your in a solo/npc corp you can say "I tried it, not for me, but good luck to you".

And with that, good luck and hope you find what your looking for, welcome to EVE Big smile
Zendane
Blackwater USA Inc.
#31 - 2014-01-20 17:59:40 UTC
I've seen the "Eve is a multiplayer game, you gain more from playing with others" idea stated a few times in this thread. While I believe that this can be true, it depends on what you do in the game. I don't feel qualified to talk about the "Pros and Cons" angle for deciding upon a corp. I've been in the same corp for over six years and I'm happy with my choice, which means I'm likely in a very small minority.

Therefore rather than look at it from a "Pros and Cons" angle I've always thought of this question in terms of answering the question "How am I spending my time in Eve?" I break it down into two playstyles, which I call proactive and reactive.

When I'm doing proactive activities, I'm doing things that are based around what I want to do, with the universe as my observer. This means changing market orders, deciding what to build, grinding security status back up - the things that benefit me first by giving me what I want in the game. The tasks that I've chosen to take on and the challenges I've set for myself. I generally don't need other people but if they want to come along then that's fine.

Reactive activities mean I'm looking at the universe and where I fit into it. My corpmates have a fleet up, so let's go kill things. I'm trying to fit up a ship and I seek out advice. Many of my tasks as CEO fall into this category, attending to the multiple minituae that keeps any community rolling along. These activities are built around my place in the world and the people that also play the game, friendly or not.

If you find yourself doing mainly proactive activities in the game, then you may find little benefit in a corp because your day is self-contained. You might need assistance, sure - perhaps you need something freightered so you hire a courier service - but you don't see a benefit of involving others that overrides just working with your own resources.

Reactive activities rely on having a community to work within. This could be a corp or alliance, sure, and that's generally the first idea that comes to mind when we think of community. However it also might be an incursion community, a PvP coalition or even just a chat channel around a common topic or shared history.

So, to turn the question slightly askew - Would your ingame activities benefit from being a member of a community, and would you feel a responsibility to help that community thrive?

Zenda

Creator of the Eve Reader Podcast, a recording of Eve's backstories in audio format.

Zendane_Eve on Twitter.

Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#32 - 2014-01-20 20:04:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Haedonism Bot
Zendane wrote:
If you find yourself doing mainly proactive activities in the game, then you may find little benefit in a corp because your day is self-contained. You might need assistance, sure - perhaps you need something freightered so you hire a courier service - but you don't see a benefit of involving others that overrides just working with your own resources.


While I agree with most of what you said, many proactive activities are facilitated by being in a player corporation as well. In fact, good corporations depend heavily on having members who are focused on proactive activities. People who take the initiative to lead fleets, scout out targets, organize operations - these people are all proactive players who form the backbone of a corporation and create content for all the reactive oriented members to enjoy. They do need assistance - they need players to fill out their fleets and assist in other group activities.

The proactive type player that you describe is a different creature than the examples I provided above. Both are focused on pursuing their own personal goals without needing others to entertain them. The difference is that your guy is trying to play EVE as a single player game. He is, at the risk of using the latest buzzword, a bot-aspirant. Guys like that one often play the way they do just because they don't know what they are missing. If they genuinely enjoy that play style, they should look into some of the many fine single player video games available on the market which are better for that than EVE.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-01-20 21:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Haedonism Bot wrote:
Zendane wrote:
If you find yourself doing mainly proactive activities in the game, then you may find little benefit in a corp because your day is self-contained. You might need assistance, sure - perhaps you need something freightered so you hire a courier service - but you don't see a benefit of involving others that overrides just working with your own resources.


While I agree with most of what you said, many proactive activities are facilitated by being in a player corporation as well. In fact, good corporations depend heavily on having members who are focused on proactive activities. People who take the initiative to lead fleets, scout out targets, organize operations - these people are all proactive players who form the backbone of a corporation and create content for all the reactive oriented members to enjoy. They do need assistance - they need players to fill out their fleets and assist in other group activities.


This.

A corporation without proactive people...might as well disband.
If everybody in the corp is waiting for other people in the corp to start something up, nothing happens.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#34 - 2014-01-21 13:33:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
Marcus Avon wrote:
Just under 2 months for me and I'm rapidly finding myself falling into this category. It seems pretty obvious how a large corp benefits by recruiting new members but the actual benefit to the individual player is something that still continues to elude me.

In fact I think its possible to argue that membership in a large corp is actually a moderate risk and a minor irritation what with the extra commitments, rules to follow, surrender of your API key and constant war decs. All this in exchange for what exactly?..... beats me.


So what is the benefit to the individual player? Well, having access to the gameplay mechanics involved in larger fleets or co-operative industry. This does not necessarily mean you will make more money. Maybe you will even make less then what you could make solo... in my personal case this is definately true. But that's OK. I'm beyond that point where everything is about hoarding ISK, I have ISK... what I want is more people enjoying pew pew in our ranks!

At two months, it isn't surprising you'd mainly look into your own benefits. But after 2-3 years things simply... change. I'm more interested in shaping the environment then in my personal benefits. Improving conditions for my corp is more important to me then personal gain. My efforts are steered towards improving the conditions of our lebensraum, keeping the corp focussed, and generating PVP content. My reward consists of acknowledgement, respect, and maybe even some loyalty from other players.

Try and gain those benefits in an NPC corp.
Sage Fields
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2014-01-21 14:36:50 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
EVE is a sandbox. The only content is player generated. It is much easier to create and find content with friends.

Fun in EVE comes from interacting with other players, both friends and enemies. It is almost more about the meta game than the actual game of shooting spaceships.

A corporation can also help to educate, and support you in EVE. Of course there are good corps and bad ones, so don't feel you have to stay in a bad one.

Solo you will find EVE a very boring place, and likely cancel your subscription in short order.



I disagree entirely. I am a new player of only a few weeks but so far I have been accepted into 2 corps, thought I was making friends and then been kicked out for absolutely no reason that I am aware of within a few days (my employment history can account for this). So my limited but biased experience is that Corps can be nasty and detract from any fun in the game.

Since I have had my fingers burned I have had a lot of fun trading, PVE and mining and am thoroughly enjoying not being around such petty people.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#36 - 2014-01-21 23:44:01 UTC
Then congratulations are in order, you managed to not leave the game at the first hurdle. Many people don't even get that far. Making friends ingame isn't the easiest thing around. My personal solution is to ask people to get on a voice comm channel. Its easier to get to know the real people behind the persona they essentially play in the game. Any community has it's share of toxic people. With a game like Eve you really don't want to be stuck with the wrong crowd, so take all the time you need to find a proper corp. Keep socializing, at some point a good oppurtunity will come to pass.

There's no shame in orienting yourself for a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months if you want to explore the mechanics on your own. Advice is nice and will see you flying up the learning cliff very fast, but there is no substitute for personal experience. Mine has pointed out that over time, organizing group activities become the most fun challenge of the game. It's not about such static metrics as ISK or killmails anymore, but about keeping your group engaged. Making plans, setting them in motion, enjoy the colorfull explosions that go with them. Big smile
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#37 - 2014-01-22 00:44:43 UTC
Atikisium Darwin wrote:
Hey Guys,

My doubt is quite simple.

Why to join a Corporation and what are the benefits and responsibilities upon joining?

Thanks.
Atikisium


All of this depends on the corporation.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#38 - 2014-01-22 04:08:19 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
So what is the benefit to the individual player? Well, having access to the gameplay mechanics involved in larger fleets or co-operative industry. This does not necessarily mean you will make more money. Maybe you will even make less then what you could make solo... in my personal case this is definately true. But that's OK. I'm beyond that point where everything is about hoarding ISK, I have ISK... what I want is more people enjoying pew pew in our ranks!

At two months, it isn't surprising you'd mainly look into your own benefits. But after 2-3 years things simply... change. I'm more interested in shaping the environment then in my personal benefits. Improving conditions for my corp is more important to me then personal gain. My efforts are steered towards improving the conditions of our lebensraum, keeping the corp focussed, and generating PVP content. My reward consists of acknowledgement, respect, and maybe even some loyalty from other players.

Try and gain those benefits in an NPC corp.


You might have something here. At the moment I'm spending most of my game time struggling with ISK issues and even then I have no real hope of plexing my account short of a lucky miracle. The last thing I need is a corp telling me what I can or cant do, or war targets shooting at me while I'm trying to do it....

Perhaps - as you suggest - I'll feel differently after a couple of years when my financial survival in EVE is no longer my primary concern, although Its really not clear to me how time is going to magically solve my ISK making problems the way it appears to have done for some people.
Keno Skir
#39 - 2014-01-22 04:25:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Pros :

○ Social atmosphere and solidarity amongst corp mates.
○ Access to help and advice from corp mates.
○ Access to higher level gameplay than you can do solo (Wormholes, Incursions, PvP)
○ A common goal to prevent boredom and give a sense of accomplishment that will bond you with corp mates.
○ More ISK than you are "likely" to make solo.
○ War targets to fight with.
○ Backup if things go wrong.

Cons :


○ Getting wardecced when all you want to do is sit in HiSec hoarding isk for better mission ship to do the same thing again... Roll

Assuming you choose a corp that basically suits your playstyle (No CTA's if you want things casual) i can see no other cons.

There are LOADS of corps where you dont get told what to do, i'd say more than ones where you are told what to do.

Fair enough if you don't like to socialise but the benefits of being in a corp are clear and obvious, or nobody in EvE would do it.

Sage Fields wrote:
so far I have been accepted into 2 corps, thought I was making friends and then been kicked out for absolutely no reason that I am aware of


Try another couple of corps (2 is a very small number) and try to have a think why u keep getting kicked. Once might be random, twice in a row i'd suggest you are doing something to make it happen even if you don't realise what. Try the recruitment forum for corps that are active in the area you want and are happy to accept and train new players.

I have recruited several new players after an initial chat only to find they weren't what they made themselves out to be or were just plain annoying to be around. I'm sure they all have happy homes now that aren't next to me. Just because you are recruited doesn't mean anyone has to keep you, and if they didnt kill or rob you i don't think they employed you for a few days just for a laugh.

Do you do plenty of self study or ask older players what's the "best" everything? Because thats a deal breaker for me at least as a CEO / Teacher of newbies, and not something you can work out from the initial interview.

Anyway i wish all of you "hard to place" kids a happy and profitable career in or out of corp.

Fly Safe o/
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#40 - 2014-01-22 14:21:34 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Sage Fields wrote:

I disagree entirely. I am a new player of only a few weeks but so far I have been accepted into 2 corps, thought I was making friends and then been kicked out for absolutely no reason that I am aware of within a few days (my employment history can account for this). So my limited but biased experience is that Corps can be nasty and detract from any fun in the game.

Since I have had my fingers burned I have had a lot of fun trading, PVE and mining and am thoroughly enjoying not being around such petty people.


Is it possible to get kicked from a corp without reason, yes.
Is it possible to get kicked twice from 2 different corps without reason, in less then a week. maybe, but less likely.

I don't say you are at fault, but you were both times possibly kicked from corp for some reason that you just didn't see.
This could be all kinds of different things.


Then about the corps, 2 corps...that isn't by far an good amount to judge the average corporation in EVE online.


Quote:
276,362 Corporations

Source: EVEwho

This means there are 276,361 other corporations in EVE. Given there are a good amount of alt corps / name keeping corps / holding corps etc, it still leaves a metric fuckload of corps to chose from.


Also, how did you find these corporations, some ways to find a corporation are way better then others. In my opinion the best way to find a corporation is looking here on the forums on the recruitment section and the worst is the recruitment channel. On the forums, if a thread is kept up to date by the recruiter, it shows they take their time in recruitment and usually it's also a sign that they kind of "know what they are doing" - of course exceptions apply to it. Recruitment channel is just a mess of spam adverts every 20 seconds by the same people, which is clearly a sign they recruit for 1 reason, more numbers in their corp / more tax income for the leadership.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club