These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec PvP-ers needed for foreverwar against Goons

First post First post
Author
Istyn
Freight Club
#381 - 2014-01-17 00:08:16 UTC
Xolve wrote:

For further examples, check out OTEC (probably might take some reading though- most pubbies have no idea what this actually entailed).

Witchcraft.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#382 - 2014-01-17 04:11:34 UTC
Istyn wrote:
Xolve wrote:

For further examples, check out OTEC (probably might take some reading though- most pubbies have no idea what this actually entailed).

Witchcraft.

Sure, we'll go with that. To many people, that's what diplomacy looks like. Big smile

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#383 - 2014-01-17 04:37:11 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Sure, we'll go with that. To many people, that's what diplomacy looks like. Big smile

History has shown that diplomacy works 142% better than SPELS.
Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#384 - 2014-01-17 05:08:11 UTC
Andski wrote:

Yes, they get to shoot war targets without paying the war bill themselves, but if they lose a ship, there's no replacement.

If there is replacement, there must be cheap doctrines enforced (see also: bombless bombers). If someone is rich enough to throw away T3s in stupid station games, who am I to tell him to stop and fly a Tornado instead?!

You probably still don't get it (your directors do, hence they activated their highsec pet): there are a bunch of bored highsec PvP-ers and PvP alts of missioners who can't do anything with their money. I just channel their boredom into shooting Goons. They would shoot N3 just as happily. They risk their ships, they spend their time, I just have to pay the war bill.

For one week war I pay 0.5B. A week haven't even passed and there is already 1.5B damage to Goons and pets. That's 300% ROI.

Yes, there is also 1.1B damage to the Lemmings. But that's not my loss. Those ships would have been lost anyway in duels, lowsec roams or an RvB Ganked fleet due to the very boredom that drives players to Lemmings.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Arkady Romanov
Whole Squid
#385 - 2014-01-17 05:14:36 UTC
Actually, its a $0 return on investment, unless you actually scooped 1.5bill in loot from our wrecks.

Don't tell me you've lost your economics mojo as well? It was (arguably) the only thing you had going for you.

Whole Squid: Get Inked.

Davish Krail
#386 - 2014-01-17 05:32:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Davish Krail
Man that 60% efficiency Darwin's Lemmings has is really showing just how good they are at hub camping.

I think you'll find it's 2.24B ISK. Sure, the Lemmings have killed 28(!) Capsules and 17(!!) Frigates, but Cruisers aren't their strong point.

Effectively speaking they've only killed 47 ships. Capsules don't really count.
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#387 - 2014-01-17 06:00:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Renegade Heart
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
They would shoot N3 just as happily. They risk their ships, they spend their time, I just have to pay the war bill.

Pretty much this. As for economics, well that is boring to me. I could have kept my POS up running T2 indy jobs. Or I could be ratting all day long. But what fun is that really?
Gevlon Goblin
Caldari State
#388 - 2014-01-17 06:06:52 UTC
Davish Krail wrote:
Sure, the Lemmings have killed 28(!) Capsules and 17(!!) Frigates, but Cruisers aren't their strong point.

You mean we aren't winning fast enough?

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#389 - 2014-01-17 06:12:09 UTC
I only got 2 solo kills on the Jita undock. And I managed to get 0 damage onto a 3rd KM with my tornado. Then I got bored and decided to try something else. I guess I suck.

I mean, I could've stayed in Jita and got 20 kills right?
Arkady Romanov
Whole Squid
#390 - 2014-01-17 06:14:50 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Davish Krail wrote:
Sure, the Lemmings have killed 28(!) Capsules and 17(!!) Frigates, but Cruisers aren't their strong point.

You aren't winning at all because we aren't competing with you. We are laughing at you because what you are doing doesn't impact on anything we give even the tiniest **** about.

Whole Squid: Get Inked.

Gevlon Goblin
Caldari State
#391 - 2014-01-17 06:18:27 UTC
Arkady Romanov wrote:
You aren't winning at all because we aren't competing with you. We are laughing at you because what you are doing doesn't impact on anything we give even the tiniest **** about.

What would you do if you'd give the tiniest ****, I wonder? Post 20 pages maybe? Or send 7000 pets to stop us?

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#392 - 2014-01-17 06:21:13 UTC
Arkady Romanov wrote:
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Davish Krail wrote:

So says the largest alliance in the game, that asked RvB to come and save them. Well you got me out of VFK I guess. I'm in Josameto now, and I actually managed to kill local, although that was not my intention.

One RvB'er seemed a bit annoyed when I asked about it. Now hopefully I can get some tornado kills before I go pop again Big smile

Once all this is over I am gonna make it my mission to run around null grabbing loots from your ESS units, unless of course you guys managed to whine enough that CCP cancel the idea.

MTUs are okay though right?
General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#393 - 2014-01-17 07:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lemming
Arkady Romanov wrote:
Actually, its a $0 return on investment, unless you actually scooped 1.5bill in loot from our wrecks.
It all depends who is telling you that.....

And stop caring about the killboard...... thats so 00 space. Twisted
Enya Dorne
#394 - 2014-01-17 10:47:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Enya Dorne
You also seem to pay some of your lemmings to do missions in Genesis and then they link their KM's and get laughed out of local. maybe Gevlon you should cut your funding to them? seeming like it isn't ISK efficient if people are doing missions instead of camping Jita's undock.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#395 - 2014-01-17 10:49:40 UTC
General Lemming wrote:
Arkady Romanov wrote:
It all depends who is telling you that.....

And stop caring about the killboard...... thats so 00 space. Twisted
?????
You realise it's you guys that are spewing out the killbaord going "look at what we did". Honestly, reading some of your posts, I wonder how you get your pants on in the morning, let alone run an alliance.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#396 - 2014-01-17 10:52:53 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
So says the largest alliance in the game, that asked RvB to come and save them. Well you got me out of VFK I guess. I'm in Josameto now, and I actually managed to kill local, although that was not my intention.
So just to be clear, what you are essentially saying here is that you don;t know anything about the current politics in the game and while it would be simple for you to verify that RvB in fact entered into a POCO agreement with goons well before your little alliance, you prefer to not bother as that way you can still pretend you are relevant right?

Good show, this thread is marvellously entertaining.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#397 - 2014-01-17 10:57:37 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
[quote=Andski]For one week war I pay 0.5B. A week haven't even passed and there is already 1.5B damage to Goons and pets. That's 300% ROI.

I'm not surprised you don't know much about economics, but misunderstanding the concept of ROI is pretty awful.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#398 - 2014-01-17 10:58:17 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lemming
Lucas Kell wrote:
wonder how you get your pants on in the morning, let alone run an alliance.
I fully understand why you wonder this,,,,, Blink 1+1=2

Its nice to see how many 00 LEET PRO's care about us high sec bears...... Even Goonie directors coming to the forums to give financial advice and why we shouldn't spend all our isks on something fun. Which we probably made with selling plex, as we have no clue how economics work Lol

You must be poor 00 players.... BOUNTY option .... >>> that way.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#399 - 2014-01-17 11:00:14 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Davish Krail wrote:

It's roughly equivalent to SOCO telling us over and over how they were "winning" based on killboard stats instead of strategic objectives.

Do you need a history lesson or do you know how that turned out?

I have to say, it's almost like you picked up one of our failscade bingo cards and have seen it as a recipe of success or something. It's confusing just how many you're ticking off.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#400 - 2014-01-17 11:07:01 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lemming
Khanh'rhh, please calm down.... this isn't good for you. Its just a 1 week old alliance, no stress mate, its good..... let it be..... ignore it. No need for stress, RvB assistance, forum raging, e-peen comparing, wasting you very important time....etc .

Use your time wisely and see how good your relations with your blues are Blink

Repeat after me : Ammooooooooooo hummmm.........veeee......