These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interdiction Nullfied Interceptors are not acceptable!!!

First post
Author
Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#261 - 2013-11-22 06:21:45 UTC
It's EVE with Tom Cruise and Kenny Loggins.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#262 - 2013-11-22 06:28:42 UTC
Interdiction nullified interceptors are a counter to the fact that your ratting ship can now refit for self-defense if necessary.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Ari 2M
Fulminata XII
#263 - 2013-11-22 09:10:53 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Interdiction nullified interceptors are a counter to the fact that your ratting ship can now refit for self-defense if necessary.

It won't work, because... it simply won't. What any ship can do against a gang of interceptors? 15-20 of them? They will melt it with ease.
I don't afraid of a single "catching" interceptor. I can deal with it. But the threat of gangs makes me scratch my head.

http://vimeo.com/79857329#
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#264 - 2013-11-22 09:18:47 UTC
Ari 2M wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

It won't work, because... it simply won't. What any ship can do against a gang of interceptors? 15-20 of them? They will melt it with ease.
I don't afraid of a single "catching" interceptor. I can deal with it. But the threat of gangs makes me scratch my head.

http://vimeo.com/79857329#

Nobody should be able to counter the combined effort of 15-20 people with ease. You will however counter up to 10 inties with an active thanked Ishtar for instance.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Ari 2M
Fulminata XII
#265 - 2013-11-22 09:29:35 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Nobody should be able to counter the combined effort of 15-20 people with ease. You will however counter up to 10 inties with an active thanked Ishtar for instance.

Er... you did't get my point. I was talking about gangs of 15-20 people who can almost instawarp to you and they're immune to bubbles. See? T3s have nullifiers too, but they're relatively slow. Interceptors aren't.
So. We live in interesting times. A week ago you could engage somebody, because his friends were 3 jumps away. Now they can join their mate in less than 1 minute and kill the killer, lol

Not to mention logintraps etc... :)
It's time to think really hard and work it out, how to deal with new rules. I can live with extremely fast interceptors. They were made for it. But i'm not sure about their bubble immunity.
Ari 2M
Fulminata XII
#266 - 2013-11-22 09:41:25 UTC
Also, just to make my point even more clear. Are interceptors overpowered these days? And the answer is: yes, they defnitely are.
You know why? Because they're cheap! :)
Nullified t3s are expensive and slow. Inties are cheap and fast :D
OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#267 - 2013-11-22 10:37:39 UTC
It is really fun. As long you fly the Interceptor.Lol
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#268 - 2013-11-22 10:51:03 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
*edit Post Rubicon Update* While I still believe interdiciton nullified Inties are way over the top.... I'm having a blast using them! I've killed carriers, bastion mode marauders, tons of ishtars... and the kills will keep on coming. It takes hardly any time to zoom across nullsec in a fleet of inties. We can shotgun systems to greatly improve the likelihood of catching someone, and I have yet to meet a "home defense fleet" that we can't just zip on by and completely ignore. I strongly suggest CCP removes Inty Nullification, or limits the abilities of nullified inties.... these things are ridiculous right now!

/post rubicon update

CCP Fozzie and CCP Rise then went on to talk about features coming out with Rubicon, EvE's winter expansion:

While many of the ideas were pretty nifty, this little gem came out:

Interceptor changes: bubble immunity planned. Interdiction nullified, basically. Dropping average HP a little bit, very small cargo bays.

I'm sorry, but Interdiction Nullified ships are generally a BAD thing (i.e. too safe). Furthermore, giving Nullified to fast aligning interceptors is over-the-line, unless the Nullifier mechanics are revised.

Reason 1:
  • Interceptors are generally sent ahead of fleet to "catch" targets. This includes purposely warping them into bubbles where enemy "traps are", with the intention of tackling targets before they can run. This has mixed results depending on the inty pilot skills, but by making inties nullified, you prevent using this tactic!!!

• Reason 2:
  • This is a dumbing down of the game. It allows inty pilots that stupidly warp gate-to-gate when hostiles are in system, rather than using bookmarks and celestials, to move about more safely. Nullsec travel already has covert ops ships, interdiction nullified ships, and MJD-cloak BSs to move around nullsec very safely. Interceptors themselves are currently very adept at navigating unhindered through nullsec, so why would we want to make them even safer?

• Reason 3:
  • The number one method to gank inties is to surprise the gate-to-gate traveler with a drag bubble. This is a great way to catch scouts for a gang, which is very accessible even to very young solo frigate pilots.

• At the end of the day, serious gate campers will still use sensor boosted tacklers to catch inties before they warp, so this really won't really change your big gate camps. Instead, you are
  • encouraging carebears to bubble wrap their systems gates, as a cheap inty will get them through the gate if they desire.
  • making travel safer, especially for the "I don't know how to avoid drag bubbles" crowd.
  • helping inties infringe on the covops role, by making it easier for inties to navigate hostile groups.

• Potential change to the Interdiciton Nullifier System that could balance out interdiction nullified inties:
  • A long time ago, Interdiction Nullified subsystems were "accidentallied" by CCP, such that a nullified cruiser could warp out of a bubble, but if warped to a celestial with a bubble on it, they'd still be affected by the bubbles pull.

• P.S. Since most people seem to misunderstand my point: This isn't about "wah my bubble camps can be bypassed". This is about WHY ARE WE MAKING NULLSEC TRAVEL SAFER AND EASIER. We already have covops and nullified t3's for the risk adverse carebears. Why add inties to that list?

I am enjoying mine, really happy with it.

PS. I also afk cloak...

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Abrazzar
    Vardaugas Family
    #269 - 2013-11-22 11:07:12 UTC
    The only real issue may be that interceptors may intrude on covops in their role as scouting ships. And secure low volume transportation.

For ratting, just set up bookmarks at the opposite side of the belt warp in and you'll have a few more seconds to warp off, even if the interceptor warps to the belt you are in first thing at jump in. Saved me more than once.
    Faenir Antollare
    For Ever And Ever
    #270 - 2013-11-22 11:11:37 UTC
    Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
    *edit Post Rubicon Update* While I still believe interdiciton nullified Inties are way over the top.... I'm having a blast using them! I've killed carriers, bastion mode marauders, tons of ishtars... and the kills will keep on coming. It takes hardly any time to zoom across nullsec in a fleet of inties. We can shotgun systems to greatly improve the likelihood of catching someone, and I have yet to meet a "home defense fleet" that we can't just zip on by and completely ignore. I strongly suggest CCP removes Inty Nullification, or limits the abilities of nullified inties.... these things are ridiculous right now!

/post rubicon update

CCP Fozzie and CCP Rise then went on to talk about features coming out with Rubicon, EvE's winter expansion:

While many of the ideas were pretty nifty, this little gem came out:

Interceptor changes: bubble immunity planned. Interdiction nullified, basically. Dropping average HP a little bit, very small cargo bays.

I'm sorry, but Interdiction Nullified ships are generally a BAD thing (i.e. too safe). Furthermore, giving Nullified to fast aligning interceptors is over-the-line, unless the Nullifier mechanics are revised.

Reason 1:
  • Interceptors are generally sent ahead of fleet to "catch" targets. This includes purposely warping them into bubbles where enemy "traps are", with the intention of tackling targets before they can run. This has mixed results depending on the inty pilot skills, but by making inties nullified, you prevent using this tactic!!!

• Reason 2:
  • This is a dumbing down of the game. It allows inty pilots that stupidly warp gate-to-gate when hostiles are in system, rather than using bookmarks and celestials, to move about more safely. Nullsec travel already has covert ops ships, interdiction nullified ships, and MJD-cloak BSs to move around nullsec very safely. Interceptors themselves are currently very adept at navigating unhindered through nullsec, so why would we want to make them even safer?

• Reason 3:
  • The number one method to gank inties is to surprise the gate-to-gate traveler with a drag bubble. This is a great way to catch scouts for a gang, which is very accessible even to very young solo frigate pilots.

• At the end of the day, serious gate campers will still use sensor boosted tacklers to catch inties before they warp, so this really won't really change your big gate camps. Instead, you are
  • encouraging carebears to bubble wrap their systems gates, as a cheap inty will get them through the gate if they desire.
  • making travel safer, especially for the "I don't know how to avoid drag bubbles" crowd.
  • helping inties infringe on the covops role, by making it easier for inties to navigate hostile groups.

• Potential change to the Interdiciton Nullifier System that could balance out interdiction nullified inties:
  • A long time ago, Interdiction Nullified subsystems were "accidentallied" by CCP, such that a nullified cruiser could warp out of a bubble, but if warped to a celestial with a bubble on it, they'd still be affected by the bubbles pull.

• P.S. Since most people seem to misunderstand my point: This isn't about "wah my bubble camps can be bypassed". This is about WHY ARE WE MAKING NULLSEC TRAVEL SAFER AND EASIER. We already have covops and nullified t3's for the risk adverse carebears. Why add inties to that list?

EvE-O-Lution Dude, try getting on it. Any fast riders ?

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Sentamon
    Imperial Academy
    Amarr Empire
    #271 - 2013-11-22 11:44:13 UTC
    Gate camper tears, best tears.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Garia666
    CyberShield Inc
    HYDRA RELOADED
    #272 - 2013-11-22 11:59:09 UTC
    they should make it so they can warp out of an bubble.... but still land on when when its anchored.. or active...
    Onictus
    Federal Navy Academy
    Gallente Federation
    #273 - 2013-11-22 12:00:58 UTC
    Abrazzar wrote:
    The only real issue may be that interceptors may intrude on covops in their role as scouting ships. And secure low volume transportation.

For ratting, just set up bookmarks at the opposite side of the belt warp in and you'll have a few more seconds to warp off, even if the interceptor warps to the belt you are in first thing at jump in. Saved me more than once.

....people actually belt rat?
    DraconisAlpha
    Federal Navy Academy
    Gallente Federation
    #274 - 2013-11-22 12:15:33 UTC
    Nice idea them to get caught by bubbles.

But I overall like new ceptors.
    Rekon X
    Doomheim
    #275 - 2013-11-22 12:16:44 UTC
    Lrn2adapt. It's part of the game now.

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Black Canary Jnr
    Royal Amarr Institute
    Amarr Empire
    #276 - 2013-11-22 12:17:59 UTC
    Sentamon wrote:
    Gate camper tears, best tears.

WTF are you on about? Most fights take place on gates because they are chokepoints, and very few systems are actually gate camped.

Everything is 'tears' as soon as someone voices concerns that maybe effectively triple buffing a ship (warp accel, rebalancing, nullification) is prehaps abit broken in relation to the rest of the game. Heck i fly inties too so i benefit from this but it's not good for a diverse and interesting pvp experience when everyone is flying the same ships. The ability to recognise 'broken' and speak up about it does not equal tears.

TL:DR You are a pubby poser who knows jack s't
    I Accidentally YourShip
    Ronin ONE
    Ronin Reloaded
    #277 - 2013-11-22 12:32:32 UTC
    Grr goons.
    Adamski flipflop
    Trigger Warning.
    #278 - 2013-11-22 13:23:40 UTC
    i like the idea of them being immune to anchor-able bubbles but not to dictor bubbles.

They should still be able to burn out of them pretty easy but it provides people a chance to kill them and puts a bit of skill (on both sides) back into the equation.
    Becham
    Sensible People
    Sigma Grindset
    #279 - 2013-11-22 13:49:18 UTC
    Rekon X wrote:
    Lrn2adapt. It's part of the game now.

When you make a change this big, things that were previously balanced on the old reality will be out of balance. People will adapt, but that doesn't mean all discussions have to end because something is in the game.
    James Amril-Kesh
    Viziam
    Amarr Empire
    #280 - 2013-11-22 15:07:51 UTC
    Ari 2M wrote:
    James Amril-Kesh wrote:

A single or a few interceptors can slip through undetected. A gang of them is going to show up in intel.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)