These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers

First post First post
Author
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#381 - 2013-10-27 11:23:08 UTC
A sure.. tryign to teach an U_MAD about how to avoid damage while in a HAC. Do your homework a bit more...

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#382 - 2013-10-27 13:24:33 UTC
The 50% MWD bloom bonus was there to create consistency with assault frigates. It's not specifically a design feature for HAC's....

the 6 cap/s on the other hand... that's a whole other story..
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#383 - 2013-10-27 15:58:56 UTC
HACs are really off-topic, since RHMLs are going to be entirely ineffective on them (even if you sacrifice and scrape to get a few of these mounted). Where RHMLs will shine is in mission running, where a pair will be fairly effective against smaller ships while only costing you 5% DPS overall (four will cost you about 10% DPS). If you're running the standard 2x rigor and 1x flare setup, these will be hitting for around 65m radius at an explosion velocity of about 125 m/s.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#384 - 2013-10-27 17:04:39 UTC
If CCP fixes the RHMLs so they get the bonuses that battleship has for cruise and torps just like cruisers give their missiles bonues to HAMs, HMLs, and RMLs then some battleships will do well against HACs with RHMLs, but CCP needs to fix that first.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#385 - 2013-10-27 20:32:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
If CCP fixes the RHMLs so they get the bonuses that battleship has for cruise and torps just like cruisers give their missiles bonues to HAMs, HMLs, and RMLs then some battleships will do well against HACs with RHMLs, but CCP needs to fix that first.

You'd have to go back in this thread to some of the earlier posts, but there was some fairly comprehensive data and charts posted on just how effective RHMLs are even without the majority of the bonuses. If the explosion radius, explosion velocity and missile velocity were included for RHMLs - on a RNI you'd end up with a heavy missile with a 100km+ range and a 30m explosion radius with 3 rigors!

As it is, heavy missiles have an explosion radius of 105m - so RHMLs are going to be very hard on cruisers in general.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#386 - 2013-10-27 22:07:31 UTC
But only on cruisers. Again anything else this will either not do enough DPS to replace torps or cruisers or will still have too big a explosion radius to do a lot of damage fast enough to matter. Just like RMLs are great against frigates, and destroyers, but against cruiser and up HAMs are a better choice, I tested this and proved it, even against HACs HAMs do better. If you are going to make the RHMLs you have to give them the bonus of the ship, like cruisers get with RLMs. They won't be anything amazing for a couple reasons. One the ship you are putting them on is big and slow, so once it's caught it's going to be finished, in CTAs they willl have little use, because against BSs they won't do the DPS or range that cruise would to BSs, against a wolf pack I doubt you'd kill more then one or two frigates before you die because they just can't do the DPS to them you'd need. ONLY against cruisers will these be grea against, and I'm sure cruiser pilots will find away to counter them too, it always happens. Let missiles have something else, they don't have anything near the range of options guns or drones have, one more launcher won't matter much. And CCP wiill adjust them as needed as they do everything. And if you choose to fit 3 rigor rigs, then you are gonna die fast aways, because you didn't do anything to help your tank, and as long as it takes a BS to lock a cruiser or frigate the range won't matter, they will be on you before you lock them or get a second volley off.

It seems to me ALL these forums just have people who want to whine, troll or do numbers that don't take in account a range of things in PvP, but then ships or new mods come out and they are always good or good enough and everything dies down. If something is too weak or too strong CCP seem good about fixing them right away, later anyway.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#387 - 2013-10-28 00:00:36 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
It seems to me ALL these forums just have people who want to whine, troll or do numbers that don't take in account a range of things in PvP, but then ships or new mods come out and they are always good or good enough and everything dies down. If something is too weak or too strong CCP seem good about fixing them right away, later anyway.

RHMLs are going to be perfectly fine for battleships. They're already amazing enough. I wish they had a bit more range, but I've got a solid plan for use with my RNI.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#388 - 2013-10-28 01:34:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Thaddeus Eggeras
They really aren't, I used them on my Golem and they did terrible DPS, nothing compared to cruises or torps, if they don't get the bonuses as they should, they wouldn't be worth much but for PvE. And they can't do anything against other battleships or even battlecruisers right now. Cruisers shouldn't even fear them, if they aren't applied to the battleships missile bonuses.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#389 - 2013-10-28 02:17:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
They really aren't, I used them on my Golem and they did terrible DPS, nothing compared to cruises or torps, if they don't get the bonuses as they should, they wouldn't be worth much but for PvE. And they can't do anything against other battleships or even battlecruisers right now. Cruisers shouldn't even fear them, if they aren't applied to the battleships missile bonuses.

RHMLs do 80% of the effective DPS of cruise missiles. When you consider the explosion radius of heavy missiles, they'll actually do more damage than cruise missiles. If you're using torpedoes... you have my sympathies. It's not just paper DPS - it's damage application.

I can't tell if you're serious or if you're just trolling, but either way you're dead wrong with your assessment. If you plan to use your Golem for PvP, well... best of luck!

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#390 - 2013-10-28 04:23:55 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:

That's probably because they don't get Golem's role bonus. On other ships they shouldn't be that terrible.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#391 - 2013-10-28 14:55:43 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
That's probably because they don't get Golem's role bonus. On other ships they shouldn't be that terrible.

From what I understand, RHMLs are supposed to benefit from damage and rate of fire bonuses. If this isn't the case on the Golem, that's probably an oversight (at least I would hope so, anyway).

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#392 - 2013-10-28 18:22:34 UTC
no ships giver thier role bonuses, the RS says 50% to velocity for torps and cruise, All Missile bonused BS need their bonuses to be for RHMLs also.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#393 - 2013-10-28 20:17:48 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
no ships giver thier role bonuses, the RS says 50% to velocity for torps and cruise, All Missile bonused BS need their bonuses to be for RHMLs also.

All we're getting is damage and rate of fire, nothing else.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#394 - 2013-10-29 16:05:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
All we're getting is damage and rate of fire, nothing else.

I guess that bonuses are still on case-by-case basis, but it makes no sense to me to exclude Golem from ships that can use RHMLs effectively, so as you've said, I believe it's an oversight. Unless it is, but on my part Big smile
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#395 - 2013-10-29 16:18:16 UTC
I don't see how you think they do 80% of cruise to, when I had cruise on a RS I did over 700DPS, when I put on the RHMLs then went down to 500 or so, just by changes missiles, seems a bit less then 80% I'd say. and they don't do close to Torps. ALL I'm saying is they need the bonuses missile BS give, like the RLMs get from cruisers, you can't have cruisers give bonuss to RLMs but BSs not give theirs to the RHMLs, come on that makes no since at all. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#396 - 2013-10-29 17:17:45 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
I don't see how you think they do 80% of cruise to, when I had cruise on a RS I did over 700DPS, when I put on the RHMLs then went down to 500 or so, just by changes missiles, seems a bit less then 80% I'd say. and they don't do close to Torps. ALL I'm saying is they need the bonuses missile BS give, like the RLMs get from cruisers, you can't have cruisers give bonuss to RLMs but BSs not give theirs to the RHMLs, come on that makes no since at all. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Level V skills, no ship damage/rate-of-fire bonuses, modules or implants. 79.86%
• Cruise Missile Launcher II (scourge cruise missile) ... 45.2 dps
• Rapid heavy Missile Launcher II (scourge heavy missile) ... 36.1 dps

Explosion radius on heavy missiles is 105m, so applied damage to cruisers and frigates will be significantly higher than cruise missiles but less than cruise missiles against battleships. Well, let's look at cruisers and how their bonuses apply to RLMLs or light missiles.
• Caracal ... ROF √, Missile Velocity √
• Caracal Navy Issue ... ROF √, Explosion Radius x
• Cerberus ... ROF √, Missile Damage √, Missile Velocity √, Flight Time √
• Gila ... Missile Velocity √
• Legion ... ROF x, Missile Damage x
• Onyx ... Missile Damage √, Missile Velocity x
• Osprey Navy Issue ... Missile Damage √, Missile Velocity x
• Rook ... ROF x, Missile Velocity x
• Sacrilege ... ROF √, Missile Damage x, Missile Velocity x
• Bellicose ... ROF √
• Skythe Fleet Issue ... Missile Damage √
• Tengu ... Kinetic damage √, ROF √, Missile Velocity x

It's anything but consistent here.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#397 - 2013-10-29 18:04:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Thaddeus Eggeras
So because CCP messed up on some ships for cruisers make it right to not get the BS bonsues to RHMLs? I don't think so, seems CCP needs to fix some cruisers to use RLMs. All cruisers get their full bonuses to whatever their gun type is and same with drones, so let's go CCP and stop the hate on missiles shall we? guns small, med and large come in long range and close range and always have 2 or 3 different sizes for each and all their bonuses work for them all, and drone bonuses work for any drones, small, med, heavy, and sentries, so why do the bonuses to missils only work for some and then some they don't. Just stupid and unfair. Sure hope this all gets fixed. I don't see why missiles always have issues like this. It's only what 10 years, and CCP is ALL about making everything equal, so let's make missiles more equal with the other weapon types. And pretty much RLMs work like the smallest med gun versions, but they all get full bonuses, so RHMLs shhould work like the smallest large gun versions and get any bonuses for missiles, but they don't, and I doubt will. Seems fair.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#398 - 2013-10-29 18:50:31 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
So because CCP messed up on some ships for cruisers make it right to not get the BS bonsues to RHMLs? I don't think so, seems CCP needs to fix some cruisers to use RLMs. All cruisers get their full bonuses to whatever their gun type is and same with drones, so let's go CCP and stop the hate on missiles shall we? guns small, med and large come in long range and close range and always have 2 or 3 different sizes for each and all their bonuses work for them all, and drone bonuses work for any drones, small, med, heavy, and sentries, so why do the bonuses to missils only work for some and then some they don't. Just stupid and unfair. Sure hope this all gets fixed. I don't see why missiles always have issues like this. It's only what 10 years, and CCP is ALL about making everything equal, so let's make missiles more equal with the other weapon types. And pretty much RLMs work like the smallest med gun versions, but they all get full bonuses, so RHMLs shhould work like the smallest large gun versions and get any bonuses for missiles, but they don't, and I doubt will. Seems fair.

I fail to grasp what point you're arguing here... None (zero) of the cruisers, heavy assault cruisers, strategic cruisers (or battlecruisers, for that matter) extend any explosion radius and explosion velocity to light missiles. Neither do battleships for RHMLs, so this is entirely consistent. The vast majority of cruiser hulls extend missile damage and/or rate of fire to light missiles and RLMLs - which is also consistent with the proposed RHMLs.

If every ship hull were to have the same bonuses there would be no difference beyond aesthetics in choosing one over the other.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#399 - 2013-10-29 19:19:05 UTC
The RHMLs don't get ANY bonuses, no RofF, no damage to velocity, think they should get those. Now should the RLMs or RHMLs get the explosion bonuses, I'm not sure if they should or not. But to not give the damage, RofF and velocity bonuss to RLMs and RHML is just unfair.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#400 - 2013-10-29 21:12:22 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
The RHMLs don't get ANY bonuses, no RofF, no damage to velocity, think they should get those. Now should the RLMs or RHMLs get the explosion bonuses, I'm not sure if they should or not. But to not give the damage, RofF and velocity bonuss to RLMs and RHML is just unfair.

For the umpteenth time, RHMLs receive the rate of fire and damage bonus from battleship hulls. If it's not in-place on the Golem, it's probably an oversight. I don't have access to Sisi - so I can neither confirm nor deny.

CCP Rise wrote:
Forgot to mention something important - Battleships with Damage bonuses (like Raven and Typhoon rate of fire) will have those bonuses applied to the new launchers. Any bonuses to damage projection or application will NOT be applied (such as Raven missile velocity or Typhoon explosion velocity).