These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers

First post First post
Author
Jayne Fillon
#261 - 2013-10-12 03:55:36 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Summary:

i. AB Caracal ... RHML, 97.2% more effective
ii. MWD Caracal ... RHML, 71.6% more effective
iii. AB Ferox ... RHML, 53.1% more effective
iv. MWD Ferox ... Cruise, 35.4% more effective

This sounds about right, the intersection point for RHML vs Cruise seemed to be centered around a MWD Combat Battlecruiser, although I did my calculations using a drake not a ferox.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#262 - 2013-10-12 04:10:23 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
This sounds about right, the intersection point for RHML vs Cruise seemed to be centered around a MWD Combat Battlecruiser, although I did my calculations using a drake not a ferox.

I think it's going to intersect a bit earlier with a RNI due to the explosion velocity bonus (possibly an AB battlecruiser).

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Naes Mlahrend
Devil's Horsemen
#263 - 2013-10-12 04:33:49 UTC
Now make an attack BC that get's a bonus to launchers
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#264 - 2013-10-12 04:37:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Naes Mlahrend wrote:
Now make an attack BC that get's a bonus to launchers

I'm putting a pair of RHMLs on my Tengu.
+25% damage and +50% missile velocity. Twisted

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#265 - 2013-10-12 11:21:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
I don't see why CCP don't just make a third launcher with a new missile type that would do the same job as RHML but is more appropriate and somewhat less OP..

light torpedo launcher
- light torpedos as ammo
-reduced pg and cpu than torp launchers

light torpedo
explosion radius 200 at lv 5 skills
explosion velocity 140m/s lv 5 skills
20% better range than javelin torps
20% less damage than javelin torps

then change precision cruises to more battlecruiser sized 300 or so they shouldn't be hitting at 180 exp rad for battleship sized missiles

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Iome Ambraelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#266 - 2013-10-12 15:28:12 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Summary:

i. AB Caracal ... RHML, 97.2% more effective
ii. MWD Caracal ... RHML, 71.6% more effective
iii. AB Ferox ... RHML, 53.1% more effective
iv. MWD Ferox ... Cruise, 35.4% more effective

My numbers show basically the same thing. However, there is an interesting inflection point that occurs when adding situational modifiers. The addition of a single 60% web (provided by someone else) and 2-3 target painters (a common load-out for a BS size hull) moves the intersection migrates down to Cruise being better against T1 cruisers except for Cruisers fit for AB where RHML remains slightly ahead.

If you have full tackle of 2 x 60% webs, Cruise beats out RHML for MWD T1 cruiser and above. Adding even a single TP places Cruise above RHML for anything above a Destroyer or AB T1 cruiser. 3 TPs and full tackle aligns Cruise at 75%+ RHML damage even on non-prop and MWD T1 frigates.

It would be pointless to apply damage application hull bonuses to RHML as they are at max damage against cruisers regardless of propulsion used with only a couple of TPs. That said, I have to say that when striking range, alpha, and missile speed are taken into account, Cruise missiles will still be the better option even when RHML outdamages them by 10-15%. I think if the damage projection bonuses applied these would be in a really good place actually.

Shield Tanking - Why armor tanking can't have nice things.

Mark Maldren
Bound And Determined
#267 - 2013-10-12 18:04:04 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

Forgot to mention something important - Battleships with Damage bonuses (like Raven and Typhoon rate of fire) will have those bonuses applied to the new launchers. Any bonuses to damage projection or application will NOT be applied (such as Raven missile velocity or Typhoon explosion velocity).

The ROF bonus on the Widow has not been updated to effect Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers. Is this over-site or design?
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#268 - 2013-10-12 18:09:50 UTC
Mark Maldren wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Forgot to mention something important - Battleships with Damage bonuses (like Raven and Typhoon rate of fire) will have those bonuses applied to the new launchers. Any bonuses to damage projection or application will NOT be applied (such as Raven missile velocity or Typhoon explosion velocity).

The ROF bonus on the Widow has not been updated to effect Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers. Is this over-site or design?

Oversight - thanks, will fix.

@ccp_rise

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#269 - 2013-10-12 18:30:45 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Oversight - thanks, will fix.

Any feedback on including at least missile velocity bonuses with the RHML?

Gorski Car
#270 - 2013-10-12 18:44:30 UTC
Explosion velocity or dont use.

Collect this post

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#271 - 2013-10-12 18:53:49 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:
Explosion velocity or dont use.

I'm fine with explosion velocity and missile velocity.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#272 - 2013-10-12 21:34:11 UTC
CCP, can we please get at least some update on the rationale for not including missile velocity?

It pretty much limits RHML use to the handful of missile-specific ships that receive a rate of fire or damage bonus (Raven, Scorpion, Scorpion Navy, Typhoon and Typhoon Fleet). Having gone through the numbers most of us appreciate that not including explosion radius (and to a lesser extent, explosion velocity) would probably make RHMLs entirely too powerful, but we're still taking about an overall 20% drop in DPS not including the massive range hit with RHMLs. Some of these ships are more geared towards long-range setups, and the RHMLs only seem to favor short and mid-range fits.

And while we're at it, any updated on the rumored missile tracking computer?

TekGnosis
Rules of Acquisition
#273 - 2013-10-13 06:18:44 UTC
I see lots of comparisons with navy cruise, but not with what you'd actually pack if you were trying to kill something smaller than a BC (the only reason you'd ever use RHML is to deal with smaller targets easier, right?)

With even only 1 TP, Precision cruise are pretty good against cruisers, particularly with 2 rigor. I'm not sure I see the draw for gimping range and peak damage against the (very common) BC in stepping down to RLHM.

Needs to inherit range buffs imho. Flying a brick slow raven with only 60km range and 'meh' peak dps makes me confused as to the problem being solved. At least with cruise you aren't forced inside Scorch range if you don't want to be.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#274 - 2013-10-13 07:27:17 UTC
TekGnosis wrote:
I see lots of comparisons with navy cruise, but not with what you'd actually pack if you were trying to kill something smaller than a BC (the only reason you'd ever use RHML is to deal with smaller targets easier, right?)

With even only 1 TP, Precision cruise are pretty good against cruisers, particularly with 2 rigor. I'm not sure I see the draw for gimping range and peak damage against the (very common) BC in stepping down to RLHM.

Needs to inherit range buffs imho. Flying a brick slow raven with only 60km range and 'meh' peak dps makes me confused as to the problem being solved. At least with cruise you aren't forced inside Scorch range if you don't want to be.

Raven Navy Issue, T2 cruise launchers, precision cruise missiles and three rigors. Cruisers are done as dinner (and frigates not that far off).

Koonepamop
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#275 - 2013-10-13 08:43:49 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
TekGnosis wrote:

Raven Navy Issue, T2 cruise launchers, precision cruise missiles and three rigors. Cruisers are done as dinner (and frigates not that far off).

Ok. Precision cruise missiles and Rigor. PvE Golem kills frigate in orbit with a single salvo, without the use of TP.
How many volleys need RHML?

Why not give a bonus to some Caldari BS to RHML? Like the bonus Caracal and Cerberus? Such as Raven, the initial BS.
Or line of Scorpion - The Scorpion navy - Widow (as Caracal - Cerberus)Lol
Morgan North
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#276 - 2013-10-13 08:47:42 UTC
So, when can we start looking into an attack battlecruiser with rapid heavy missile launchers? :)
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#277 - 2013-10-13 10:08:48 UTC
Morgan North wrote:
So, when can we start looking into an attack battlecruiser with rapid heavy missile launchers? :)

That should go in the "one line bad idea" thread !
General Jack Cosmo
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2013-10-13 14:59:57 UTC
-why not just get rid of t2 dmg only missiles and replace them with
ham like atts!
-we have pirate and navy faction dmg missiles any way, that way we can reduce all the launchers we have to deal with!!!
this could be for all size missile launchers!!!!

With lord Xanex by my side I can do anything (Atleast with a smile) !!!!

Mer88
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#279 - 2013-10-13 16:24:45 UTC
Koonepamop wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
TekGnosis wrote:

Ok. Precision cruise missiles and Rigor. PvE Golem kills frigate in orbit with a single salvo, without the use of TP.
How many volleys need RHML?

Why not give a bonus to some Caldari BS to RHML? Like the bonus Caracal and Cerberus? Such as Raven, the initial BS.
Or line of Scorpion - The Scorpion navy - Widow (as Caracal - Cerberus)Lol

precisions dont 1 short frigates without tp especially on a golem with 2 rigs and no bonus to sig. maybe on the weakest type of frigates like drone npcs.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#280 - 2013-10-13 18:38:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Damage application is going to be a bit better on the RNI with the explosion radius bonus for cruise missiles, especially if you're running three rigors and precision. Those will probably outperform RHMLs against cruisers and possibly even frigates, mainly due to the 20% extra damage. Now if RHMLs received the missile velocity bonus...