These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A trillion reasons why the null sec cartels are thrilled with the POCO changes

First post
Author
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#21 - 2013-09-30 16:27:02 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
yet can easily go on a road trip to conquer all of high sec POCO's even moons if there was any value to them.

oh please, without bridges they'd get lost inwarp to the next highlighted gate
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#22 - 2013-09-30 16:27:59 UTC
Yeah, we're going to go to highsec and shoot millions of HP worth of structures instead of just shooting structures in nullsec. Sounds legit, where do I sign up?

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#23 - 2013-09-30 16:33:10 UTC
I'd be extremely impressed if a single Alliance was able to gain dominance over every single highsec POCO. But the true challenge would be to be able to hold onto them. I'm not convinced that a nullsec alliance would be able to achieve this, considering their responsibilities back in their own space, it would be far too much work. Maybe a dedicated highsec alliance could achieve it, but preventing people from simply destroying them would be a logistical nightmare.

That being said, anyone that does manage it could potentially make an insane isk income!

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-09-30 16:35:43 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
I love the smell of burning tinfoil in the morning.

It smells like EVE GD.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-09-30 16:36:45 UTC
A trillion thrills triggered through trashing of this thread.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#26 - 2013-09-30 16:37:32 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

It smells like EVE GD.

Smells like X-files to me (who wants to bet that Dinsdale is actually a null-Lord simply angling to control the POCOs himself?).
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#27 - 2013-09-30 16:41:16 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

It smells like EVE GD.

Smells like X-files to me (who wants to bet that Dinsdale is actually a null-Lord simply angling to control the POCOs himself?).

a nullsec zealot double-agent acting as the embodiment of the 'insane goonhating highseccer' strawman to discredit the surviving members of the anti-nullsec resistance movement?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#28 - 2013-09-30 16:41:18 UTC
Came here expecting a trillion... left very disappointed.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-09-30 16:41:37 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

It smells like EVE GD.

Why don't *we* try to control as many as possible ?

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-09-30 16:42:53 UTC
This decision might actually encourage fights without capitals, wouldn't that be a good thing?
Any change where players take over what used to be for npc is a good change imo, more to player-driven.
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-09-30 16:53:36 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malbrick has done a pretty thorough analysis of the taxes being generated from high sec custom offices.
I urge all to read it: http://mabricksmumblings.blogspot.ca/2013/09/high-sec-poco-economics.html.

Now, he has some pretty wide ranges on the estimates of tax being brought in, but if we take the mid-point, we are looking at 1 TRILLION ISK per month that was an ISK sink is now being diverted into the pockets of the null sec cartels.

According to Jester's blog, the goon CSM rep confirms that once an organization puts up a POCO, you have to warec the organization to attack the POCO. So at the moment, we have a huge bunch of bored null sec players, looking for something to do. They will just treat this as another campaign, with a one time structure grind, and take every NPC customs office they want.
And then the cash rolls in, because who will wardec them to take back a POCO?

Of course, CCP can refute this is a 1 Trillion ISK/ month gift to the cartels, by providing the current accurate valuation of high sec NPC Custom Offices taxes. I would LOVE for CCP to provide a hard number. But they won't.

And one other thing CCP. How do you plan on replacing this ISK sink? You are creating another inflationary pressure by removing this ISK sink. Will you nerf high sec missions, high sec incursions, or increase the transaction taxes on trades and contracts when you create yet another passive income source for null sec?

I fully expect Goons to to put up as many PoCOs as possible in high-sec and set the tax rate to 100% on all of them, just for the tears it will produce.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Eggs Ackley
#32 - 2013-09-30 16:57:21 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malbrick has done a pretty thorough analysis of the taxes being generated from high sec custom offices.
I urge all to read it: http://mabricksmumblings.blogspot.ca/2013/09/high-sec-poco-economics.html.

Now, he has some pretty wide ranges on the estimates of tax being brought in, but if we take the mid-point, we are looking at 1 TRILLION ISK per month that was an ISK sink is now being diverted into the pockets of the null sec cartels.

According to Jester's blog, the goon CSM rep confirms that once an organization puts up a POCO, you have to warec the organization to attack the POCO. So at the moment, we have a huge bunch of bored null sec players, looking for something to do. They will just treat this as another campaign, with a one time structure grind, and take every NPC customs office they want.

Of course, CCP can refute this is a 1 Trillion ISK/ month gift to the cartels, by providing the current accurate valuation of high sec NPC Custom Offices taxes. I would LOVE for CCP to provide a hard number. But they won't.

And one other thing CCP. How do you plan on replacing this ISK sink? You are creating another inflationary pressure by removing this ISK sink. Will you nerf high sec missions, high sec incursions, or increase the transaction taxes on trades and contracts when you create yet another passive income source for null sec?

Don't worry, CCP is adding a new module, called the Dinsdalizer, that when activated turns Tritanium into Tinfoil suitable for hat manufacturing. It will revolutionize conspiracy theorizing across New Eden.

Sure, use ad hominem attacks when you can't refute the message.

I also can not disprove that monkey ghosts are reading my mind with lazors.
ShiroOokami
MoonShadows Incorporated
#33 - 2013-09-30 16:57:47 UTC
Please forgive poor grammar and formatting, I am dyslexic.

TL;DR: CCP are bringing the game into a new level of player experience for the better.

The end game of EVE for CCP is a game that has little to no NPC manufacturing as possible, or if there is, the NPC manufacturing is related internally to the NPCs themselves (basically NPCs just do what they do now if they want stuff, MAGIC).

This change is not meant to cripple EVE, it is meant to encourage as previously stated player activity, to get more people into trying a different style of game play, you want low taxes, fine you fight for those low taxes, you join friends to defend your assets. CCP is trying to make EVE into a game where players are the story, players are the reason everything players fly gets built by the players themselves, with these POCO changes, it invites more players to defend the POCOs they own, an it introduces them to PVP, potentially even fleet tactics that may help them move into null, or even WH space with more skills to survive and challenge the other player dangers. Imagine the amount of new players to EVE that will now learn small gang and sub cap combat skills from having to defend/take POCOs, that is more players who are able to challenge the status quo in nullsec by new entities coming into the fore and trying to claim their own little bit of null.

While in the short run, these changes may discourage the player who just wants to fight against NPCs and play in their own little bubbles, in the long run this will turn EVE into a game where players are in control of who, what, where and how the universe of EVE evolves. All they merely want to do is to give us a world, where we the player can actually gain control of more then just their own lives, even in a small way.
Zakki Zateki
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-09-30 17:00:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Zakki Zateki
Let it go. If you were remotely serious about PI in the slightest you'd be doing it in atleast lowsec. Get it together it's embarrasing to read now.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#35 - 2013-09-30 17:01:46 UTC
I encourage the gentle readers of this thread to Google OP's username, to find his comments on various blogs / etc.

He's an individual who spends many (many) hours a week ranting literally everywhere about how CCP are under the control of Goons, so that we can RMT 10's of trillions of ISK into RMT each month because Mittens needs a third Porsche or something.

I mean forget that even minimum wage would be an amount of ISK (when sold illegally) that would be patently absurd to "skim" - we apparently "skim" enough to be paying off everyone who can see the GSF wallet (dozens of people, if not 100+, i dunno) but we have enough spare, to pay off most of CCP as an operational cost.

The guy is a bit of a fruit loop, and the only reason he's not saying all that here is because he keeps getting banned for it.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-09-30 17:05:14 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

It smells like EVE GD.

a nullsec zealot double-agent acting as the embodiment of the 'insane goonhating highseccer' strawman to discredit the surviving members of the anti-nullsec resistance movement?

Woah!

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Azami Nevinyrall
#37 - 2013-09-30 17:12:47 UTC
So......What you're saying is that, POCOs will be worth ALOT more VERY soon?

Excuse me while I go to Jita for a lil bit...

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#38 - 2013-09-30 17:18:24 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Don't worry, CCP is adding a new module, called the Dinsdalizer, that when activated turns Tritanium into Tinfoil suitable for hat manufacturing. It will revolutionize conspiracy theorizing across New Eden.

Get ready for the endless trolling to get the thread locked because they dont like message.
Cierra Royce
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-09-30 17:23:31 UTC
Actually, I confess, the OP is correct, we are going to take all the Higsec POCOs and run them at 85% tax, Half for mittens half for me to fund my Somer Blink addiction.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#40 - 2013-09-30 17:26:45 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Sure, use ad hominem attacks when you can't refute the message.

The only message I get is:
Quote:
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

Remove standings and insurance.