These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Dominix bonus change

First post First post
Author
NUXI7
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2013-08-08 14:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: NUXI7
Anharat wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Drone assist is a much larger issue and we aren't looking to make any changes to it for 1.1. .

This is disappointing. Time to up my media library so i can watch movies while my sentry boat shoots what the FC points at for the next year.

I actually took a shower and went to the store during a slowcat fleet once. The doctrine was interesting to fly for all of like 5 minutes.

Obvious option is just to not give carriers the ability to assign control of their drones to someone else. (Fighters should still be assignable, but thats because fighters are assigned much differently than drones)

I don't think non-carrier sentry doctrines are in need of a nerf (yet) because their limited drone bays make them very vulnerable to losing their drones and being defanged. Its the carrier's ability to vomit nearly an unlimited supply of sentries that makes them overpowered.
Anharat
Cutting Edge Incorporated
#62 - 2013-08-08 14:31:39 UTC
Quote:

Now that creates a dilemma. What is better: uneducated pretentious idiot with boni or uncivilized barbarian with anything but boni?

A dilemma would imply that people are not fine with being what others describe as bad.
I am terrible for being how i am and others are terrible for not properly declining a word. Doesn't mean one is better than the other. It's not like this is a question of declining a noun where there is only one correct answer.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#63 - 2013-08-08 14:31:50 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are obviously aware of the conversation around drone assist and this change doesn't really aim to have a massive effect on sentry-doctrines as a whole. Drone assist is a much larger issue and we aren't looking to make any changes to it for 1.1. We would love to do work on drones overall, but for now I can't make any promises about when that will happen or how it will look.

Fix drone rigs plx!

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Javon Bars
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2013-08-08 14:33:20 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
How about nerfing Minmatar T2 base resists as they have a higher base amount?

A more constructive allocation of your time would be learning how resists work instead of demonstrating your lack of knowledge with your posting.

Seriously, go learn how resists work.
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#65 - 2013-08-08 14:36:56 UTC
I knew having 90km optimal with Gardes was too good to be true.
Sevora Ohaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-08-08 14:39:40 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

The plural of bonus is bonuses

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an uneducated pretentious idiot.

or maybe just a common error made by people coming from countries where "Boni" is the more educated plural and "Bonusse" is just the common version used by uneducated l33t h@ckzzor kiddies or slumfolks. Yes Boni is still not correct in english but preached with cane at less anglocentric places. dear ask in your own TS, half your alliance would say Boni.
zbaaca
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#67 - 2013-08-08 14:40:17 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

How about also changing how omni's have rather ridiculous bonuses compared to gun tracking mods?, reduce the bonus and make them scripted.

+1 to that. i see problems not is ships bonuses . but in omnis . 25% kinda op for passive med unscripted module

Bugs are opportunities to cause unprecedented amounts of destruction. --Zorgn ♡♡♡

Hell Bitch
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2013-08-08 14:43:33 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
How about nerfing Minmatar T2 base resists as they have a higher base amount?

I'm pretty sure that a very long time ago Minmatar T2 resists were slightly nerfed, at leats the EM component was, as it stacked to ridiculous levels on armour tanks.

I think overall it changed so that a wolf went from 92.5% EM resist to 90% resist.

Can't remember for sure it was very long time ago, maybe someone else can confirm this.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#69 - 2013-08-08 14:46:55 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are going to put a small change in for 1.1:

Dominix's drone tracking and optimal range bonus lowered from 10% per level to 7.5% per level.

This brings the bonus in line with all other damage application bonuses we give, such as turret tracking bonuses or missile explosion velocity/radius bonuses. The Dominix hasn't been oppressively powerful but it is extremely strong and there is no need for the over-allocation with regards to this bonus.

In case some of you think this is a reaction to the way the Domi performed in the alliance tournament, I can tell you that we will never make balance decisions based on that environment. The tournament certainly highlighted the strengths of sentry drones and damps, which are both powerful on TQ as well, but it removed many of their drawbacks and so it is not an effective way to assess balance or power in normal EVE.

yeah i saw this comming after the ishtar...

question though will you also be removing the 8th low slot from the mega?

as its become FOTM too.

perhaps a Polish pass of all BS would be a good idea.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#70 - 2013-08-08 14:46:56 UTC
Sevora Ohaya wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

or maybe just a common error made by people coming from countries where "Boni" is the more educated plural and "Bonusse" is just the common version used by uneducated l33t h@ckzzor kiddies or slumfolks. Yes Boni is still not correct in english but preached with cane at less anglocentric places. dear ask in your own TS, half your alliance would say Boni.

These forums are anglocentric.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#71 - 2013-08-08 14:48:55 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Anharat wrote:
>has nothing to do with the tournament
>publishes the change right after the tournament
seems legit

If I could place a bounty on you for this awful post, I would.

i know its a radical thought but if you log into the game...

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#72 - 2013-08-08 14:52:43 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:

as its become FOTM too.

Did I hear someone asking for a Polish pass?

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#73 - 2013-08-08 14:53:59 UTC
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
what about drone assist mechanics?

shush... just train sentry to lev v and you can be leet like n3... or just stick in you mega and htfu

Sevora Ohaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-08-08 14:54:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Sevora Ohaya
Malcanis wrote:
Sevora Ohaya wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

Correct. But even if it's plain simple to communicate with english , in a way that makes your point clear to another person....maybeee english is not the native language for everyone only because it's your native language.
Calling people uneducated because of a wrong declination...damn so much uneducated people in this forum.

on topic: Great changes and with 7.5% no overreaction.
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2013-08-08 14:59:10 UTC
Thread is now pluralchat.

To contribute, Dominix -> Dominices?
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#76 - 2013-08-08 14:59:10 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Darn, just when I finished training for Domi's, wham I get hit with the nerf bat.

They're still pretty fugly.

Corrected for you, Malcanis.

I kind a sorta quite like the aesthetic of the Domi Oops

when it was brown yeah... i liked the ship back then... not a fan of this blue thing they got going on.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#77 - 2013-08-08 15:00:19 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

as its become FOTM too.

Did I hear someone asking for a Polish pass?

lmao... yeah every time they post a polish pass because they use capitals i read it as Polish...

Anharat
Cutting Edge Incorporated
#78 - 2013-08-08 15:02:02 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Sevora Ohaya wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

Only because the declination you use of a word is widely accepted in the community doesn't make it correct.
That's like saying that voting for Hitler is the correct thing just because the majority of people did it.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2013-08-08 15:05:19 UTC
CCP Rise you can probably lock the thread by this point as it has gone off topic and no one has really opposed the decision.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Hell Bitch
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2013-08-08 15:07:53 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Thread is now pluralchat.

To contribute, Dominix -> Dominices?

or what about Dominatrixes Twisted