These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Odyssey 1.1] Dominix bonus change

First post First post
Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#81 - 2013-08-08 15:11:10 UTC
Looks like a minimum of stress will be generated for you on this one Rise.

You never can tell what's going to set people off on these forums, and what will be no big deal.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2013-08-08 15:11:30 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
CCP Rise you can probably lock the thread by this point as it has gone off topic and no one has really opposed the decision.


I'm pretty sure CCP Rise is ready to join in with Pluralchat at any moment.

Jooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin usssssssss.
Cecil Arongo
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2013-08-08 15:14:02 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Anharat wrote:
>has nothing to do with the tournament
>publishes the change right after the tournament
seems legit


If I could place a bounty on you for this awful post, I would.


Can't you though?

This is for all you new people: I have one rule. Everyone fights, no one quits. If you dont do your job I will shoot you myself. DO YOU GET ME?

Anharat
Cutting Edge Incorporated
#84 - 2013-08-08 15:17:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Anharat
The Dominix change is justified but won't change them being fotm.
The real deal out of this thread is the statement though that there won't be drone assist changes in for 1.1.
Which pretty much means that the next couple of months will be the era of the subcap drone blobs.
Thanks Obama.
Corben Arctus
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#85 - 2013-08-08 15:20:52 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)


NO!

The plural of bonus is bonuses

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an uneducated pretentious idiot.


It's 'Boni' in German, for what it's worth.
Auferre
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-08-08 15:24:35 UTC
The Domi will still be ridiculously good after this change, which probably means a nerf was necessary.

Now if it wasn't ugly as hell...
Knobbler Jobbler
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2013-08-08 15:25:05 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are obviously aware of the conversation around drone assist and this change doesn't really aim to have a massive effect on sentry-doctrines as a whole. Drone assist is a much larger issue and we aren't looking to make any changes to it for 1.1. We would love to do work on drones overall, but for now I can't make any promises about when that will happen or how it will look.


Remove the button, remove the captions from the menus. You don't need to remove the feature, just how players access it.
Zor'katar
Matari Recreation
#88 - 2013-08-08 15:32:49 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Sevora Ohaya wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)


NO!

The plural of bonus is bonuses

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an uneducated pretentious idiot.


or maybe just a common error made by people coming from countries where "Boni" is the more educated plural and "Bonusse" is just the common version used by uneducated l33t h@ckzzor kiddies or slumfolks. Yes Boni is still not correct in english but preached with cane at less anglocentric places. dear ask in your own TS, half your alliance would say Boni.


These forums are anglocentric.

What I find funny about the whole debate is that I doubt anyone (for whom English is a first language, anyway) has ever used "boni" thinking it was the proper plural of "bonus". They use it because it sounds funny, and keep using it because of the excessive rage it always seems to provoke.
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#89 - 2013-08-08 15:32:52 UTC
It almost seems like the navy dominix should get the drone tracking+optimal bonus @ the old 10%, and the normal dominix gets the gun bonus like the vexor. Maybe remove a high on the navy domi and give it another mid/low to specialize into the drone role.

Then, the dominix is in line with the vexor, and the navy vexor leads to the navy domi (and the ishtar is a specialization kind of like a zealot to a navy issue omen).
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#90 - 2013-08-08 15:34:29 UTC
chatgris wrote:
It almost seems like the navy dominix should get the drone tracking+optimal bonus @ the old 10%, and the normal dominix gets the gun bonus like the vexor. Maybe remove a high on the navy domi and give it another mid/low to specialize into the drone role.

Then, the dominix is in line with the vexor, and the navy vexor leads to the navy domi (and the ishtar is a specialization kind of like a zealot to a navy issue omen).


Apparently CCP don't do consistency ...

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Ace Stalker
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2013-08-08 15:36:44 UTC
Anharat wrote:
>has nothing to do with the tournament
>publishes the change right after the tournament
seems legit


le 4 chan army !!!
Radax Glenn
Steel Works
RAZOR Alliance
#92 - 2013-08-08 15:38:04 UTC
Please leave the Dominix as is.
The bonuses make up for the hull.
Anharat
Cutting Edge Incorporated
#93 - 2013-08-08 15:38:39 UTC
Ace Stalker wrote:
Anharat wrote:
>has nothing to do with the tournament
>publishes the change right after the tournament
seems legit


le 4 chan army !!!


But those are meme arrows.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#94 - 2013-08-08 15:40:55 UTC
Third bonus please, drone speed bonus. Preferably not just heavies.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#95 - 2013-08-08 15:42:16 UTC
chatgris wrote:
It almost seems like the navy dominix should get the drone tracking+optimal bonus @ the old 10%, and the normal dominix gets the gun bonus like the vexor. Maybe remove a high on the navy domi and give it another mid/low to specialize into the drone role.

Then, the dominix is in line with the vexor, and the navy vexor leads to the navy domi (and the ishtar is a specialization kind of like a zealot to a navy issue omen).


Navy dominix is actually really awful in proper armour setups. I vote that it gets 7 guns and some sort of massive penalty that stops people shield tanking it.
maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#96 - 2013-08-08 15:45:06 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are going to put a small change in for 1.1:

Dominix's drone tracking and optimal range bonus lowered from 10% per level to 7.5% per level.

This brings the bonus in line with all other damage application bonuses we give, such as turret tracking bonuses or missile explosion velocity/radius bonuses. The Dominix hasn't been oppressively powerful but it is extremely strong and there is no need for the over-allocation with regards to this bonus.

In case some of you think this is a reaction to the way the Domi performed in the alliance tournament, I can tell you that we will never make balance decisions based on that environment. The tournament certainly highlighted the strengths of sentry drones and damps, which are both powerful on TQ as well, but it removed many of their drawbacks and so it is not an effective way to assess balance or power in normal EVE.

Dont you guys test this cr__ before putting it out and than having the smart idea that is OP and than changing it again.
Its nice to see my montly money going to good work.

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#97 - 2013-08-08 15:47:00 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are obviously aware of the conversation around drone assist and this change doesn't really aim to have a massive effect on sentry-doctrines as a whole. Drone assist is a much larger issue and we aren't looking to make any changes to it for 1.1. We would love to do work on drones overall, but for now I can't make any promises about when that will happen or how it will look.

Could you add gun assist and missile assist in the meantime so other fleet comps can be equally free of individual effort in any way
Dez Affinity
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-08-08 15:49:35 UTC
maCH'EttE wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
We are going to put a small change in for 1.1:

Dominix's drone tracking and optimal range bonus lowered from 10% per level to 7.5% per level.

This brings the bonus in line with all other damage application bonuses we give, such as turret tracking bonuses or missile explosion velocity/radius bonuses. The Dominix hasn't been oppressively powerful but it is extremely strong and there is no need for the over-allocation with regards to this bonus.

In case some of you think this is a reaction to the way the Domi performed in the alliance tournament, I can tell you that we will never make balance decisions based on that environment. The tournament certainly highlighted the strengths of sentry drones and damps, which are both powerful on TQ as well, but it removed many of their drawbacks and so it is not an effective way to assess balance or power in normal EVE.

Dont you guys test this cr__ before putting it out and than having the smart idea that is OP and than changing it again.
Its nice to see my montly money going to good work.




You sure are mad because someone made something a little less OP.
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#99 - 2013-08-08 16:06:48 UTC
as the whole plural chat is still going on i feel the urge to butt in as i'm terrible with the english language.

the oed says it's bonuses not boni. You can argue however much you like and say what you like about how it's done in latin but lets face it english is not latin.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/plurals-of-nouns <-- the proof

"If the noun ends with -ch, -s, -sh, -x, or -z, add -es to form the plural" <-- the qoute
"There’s one exception to this rule. If the -ch ending is pronounced with a ‘k’ sound, you add -s rather than -es" <-- the exception to the rule
Willy Eckerslike
Explo Ding
#100 - 2013-08-08 16:07:53 UTC
+1 for the nerf. I appreciate that the AT did not wholly influence the decision to reduce the bonus, but I do feel that the overuse of domi tinker setups rather spoiled the AT. The drone assist mechanics does really need looking at, and there are a number of good ideas in the thread above.

And bonuses is the correct plural form. For those that preach the latin derivation meaning that Boni is correct because some jumped up grammar police told them so are even more wrong than they realise. Since the correct noun form in Latin is "bonum", the plural in Latin would be "bona" and not "boni".

I am not in any way affiliated with the grammar police; I just like to do my own research when I am not sure.