These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Dominix bonus change

First post First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#41 - 2013-08-08 13:29:11 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Darn, just when I finished training for Domi's, wham I get hit with the nerf bat.

They're still pretty incredible.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hannott Thanos
Squadron 15
#42 - 2013-08-08 13:33:13 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

The plural of bonus is bonuses

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an uneducated pretentious idiot.

This so much. Malcanis for CSM!
Wait..

Every plural word ending in 'i' probably has a way to spell it that doesn't make you look like a pretentious idiot. Octopuses/octopodes, bonuses etc.

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Anharat
Cutting Edge Incorporated
#43 - 2013-08-08 13:35:34 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

Wait..

Every plural word ending in 'i' probably has a way to spell it that doesn't make you look like a pretentious idiot. Octopuses/octopodes, bonuses etc.

Only because different forms get accepted by dictionaries and the general population over time doesn't change the fact that the word isn't declined like that.
There are many accepted forms but only one correct one.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#44 - 2013-08-08 13:36:16 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

Wait..

For some words it is correct. Bonus is not one of them.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hannott Thanos
Squadron 15
#45 - 2013-08-08 13:38:46 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

For some words it is correct. Bonus is not one of them.

Yeah that was my point. Maybe I worded it poorly.

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Chi'Nane T'Kal
Interminatus
#46 - 2013-08-08 13:40:09 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

Actually one should think, that the 'idiot' party in that case is the target audience for using the EASIER as opposed to the CORRECT declension of a word that was taken from latin.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#47 - 2013-08-08 13:40:44 UTC
so sentries on the cutting board next then RISEBlink

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#48 - 2013-08-08 13:45:19 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Quote:
(Remember how in the T1 BS changes thread people said that no-one would ever fly a Dominix over a Geddon?)

Glad someone else remembers this =)

Some people just don't see a good thing when it comes their way. Obviously the theory-crafters and drone lovers saw it for what it was, and it dominated the tournament comps.

It's good to see CCP on the ball with balancing changes though. WInmatar had OP kiting and range for years. Dominix FOTM only lasts a couple months.

BTW, when is Odyssey 1.1 coming out anyway? Summer is waning and Winter expansion time approacheth.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#49 - 2013-08-08 13:45:42 UTC
Any plans on improving any other battleship or any of the bc's perhaps?
Tempest certainly needs help ..
Abbadon needs some cap
Rokh could do with being more mobile to allow for decent blaster boats .. not that caldari seem to be allowed any...
Drake is still epically better than the ferox
Maelstrom still makes no sense a fleet ship with active tank bonus .. but has no mobility to small gang utilize active tank

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2013-08-08 13:46:03 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are going to put a small change in for 1.1:

Dominix's drone tracking and optimal range bonus lowered from 10% per level to 7.5% per level.

This brings the bonus in line with all other damage application bonuses we give, such as turret tracking bonuses or missile explosion velocity/radius bonuses. The Dominix hasn't been oppressively powerful but it is extremely strong and there is no need for the over-allocation with regards to this bonus.

In case some of you think this is a reaction to the way the Domi performed in the alliance tournament, I can tell you that we will never make balance decisions based on that environment. The tournament certainly highlighted the strengths of sentry drones and damps, which are both powerful on TQ as well, but it removed many of their drawbacks and so it is not an effective way to assess balance or power in normal EVE.

nothing to worry they will still perform pretty well

https://zkillboard.com/character/584042527/

Victor Rayl
Motiveless Malignity
Deepwater Hooligans
#51 - 2013-08-08 13:46:26 UTC
I like how the debate shifted into specifics of the English language. Apparently no one minds the nerf too much, or we would have seen more rage by now.
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#52 - 2013-08-08 13:51:18 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Darn, just when I finished training for Domi's, wham I get hit with the nerf bat.

They're still pretty fugly.

Corrected for you, Malcanis.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#53 - 2013-08-08 13:56:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Anharat wrote:
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Hell ***** wrote:
bonus's (boni, i know)

NO!

I couldn't agree more, but this is the EVE forums, with more trolls than a Tolkien novel.

And I just realized we have _three_ valid plurals for bonus in German... Seems to be the general attitude lately, allowing more spellings to reduce mistakes -.-

The only correct plural form for bonus, that doesn't make you look like an uncivilized barbarian, is boni.

Now that creates a dilemma. What is better: uneducated pretentious idiot with boni or uncivilized barbarian with anything but boni?

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#54 - 2013-08-08 13:56:51 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Kyt Thrace wrote:

They're still pretty fugly.

Corrected for you, Malcanis.

I kind a sorta quite like the aesthetic of the Domi Oops

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#55 - 2013-08-08 14:02:28 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Quote:
(Remember how in the T1 BS changes thread people said that no-one would ever fly a Dominix over a Geddon?)

Glad someone else remembers this =)

People tend to be a bit awful.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Vladimir Norkoff
Income Redistribution Service
#56 - 2013-08-08 14:02:30 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We would love to do work on drones overall, but for now I can't make any promises about when that will happen or how it will look.
CCP has been saying this for a long long long time.
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#57 - 2013-08-08 14:03:34 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
We are obviously aware of the conversation around drone assist and this change doesn't really aim to have a massive effect on sentry-doctrines as a whole. Drone assist is a much larger issue and we aren't looking to make any changes to it for 1.1. We would love to do work on drones overall, but for now I can't make any promises about when that will happen or how it will look.
I thought Ytterbium was working on drone something or other...

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-08-08 14:14:30 UTC
Cameron Zero wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Anharat wrote:
>has nothing to do with the tournament
>publishes the change right after the tournament
seems legit

If I could place a bounty on you for this awful post, I would.

You CAN place a bounty on them. Sad you can't put a detail as to why, though. (Y'all are on the CSM, "fix it!")

Also, I thought Goons were the kings of tinfoil hattery, or is that just everyone else? Blink

Naturally, I meant that if the forums had an add bounty button, I would use it on him. I'm not sure I can be bothered to actually log in for it though.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#59 - 2013-08-08 14:15:34 UTC
RISE

so how about the Geddon neut bonus? too strong? or ok?

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#60 - 2013-08-08 14:17:27 UTC
How about nerfing Minmatar T2 base resists as they have a higher base amount?