These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Astald Ohtar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2013-08-01 14:37:24 UTC
So alpha Sleipnir doctrine? Big smile

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#62 - 2013-08-01 14:37:24 UTC
Baren wrote:
CCP FOZZIE,

why does the Sleipnir only have a sensor strenght of 20 when all the other COMMAND ships have sensor strengths at 21 or higher most being at 22 or 23

Minmatar historically have lower sensor strength vs most other ships. Didn't look at the claymore tbh.

Yaay!!!!

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#63 - 2013-08-01 14:38:38 UTC
Fozzie, EOS.. Myrmidon Hull.

PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yaay!!!!

DeadDuck
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goonswarm Federation
#64 - 2013-08-01 14:39:42 UTC  |  Edited by: DeadDuck
NVM
Baren
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2013-08-01 14:42:37 UTC
Aglais wrote:
"10%(+5) bonus to heavy and heavy assault missile kinetic damage"

aAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP

The Nighthawk still will be the top missle boat with the claymore close behind. on top of getting 10% bonus to kenetic damage, we got a 5% ROF bonus and an explosion radius bonus for better damage application.

Nighthawk:
Caldari Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
4% bonus to all Shield Resistances
10%(+5) bonus to heavy and heavy assault missile kinetic damage
Command Ships skill bonuses:
5% bonus to Heavy Assault and Heavy missile launcher rate of fire
5% bonus to Heavy Assault Missile and Heavy Missile explosion radius (was explosion velocity)
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2013-08-01 14:43:27 UTC
Any chance of looking at the skill requirements to fly these things? Nine months of training just to undock one, over a year for Command Ships V and full effectiveness is frankly absurd, and the majority of those SP will not provide any benefit to you the vast majority of the time.
Baren
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2013-08-01 14:44:13 UTC
CCP FOZZIE, I just have a question on wording

Nighthawk:
5% bonus to Heavy Assault Missile and Heavy Missile explosion radius (was explosion velocity)

Should it not say,

Nighthawk:
5% bonus to reduction of Heavy Assault Missile and Heavy Missile explosion radius (was explosion velocity)
Voith
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2013-08-01 14:44:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Voith
Can you please just give up on the idea of on Grid Boosting ships until you fix off grid boosting?

You're side grading or nerfing some of these ships in the name of something that will never happen in a fleet fight (On Grid Boosting) until you remove off grid boosting.

Making someone be outside the shields is only part of the problem. You're going to see Command/T3s just orbiting around outside the shields now.
Allandri
Liandri Industrial
#69 - 2013-08-01 14:44:40 UTC
Can't wait to try out a 250mm II fitted Vulture
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#70 - 2013-08-01 14:45:02 UTC
Lithorn wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Quote:
The other threads are :
Command Ship model changes

NO FOZZIE PLS NO

Also glad that Marauders are safe, for now..

Ninja please! Marauders need some boosting, they just don't really cut it anymore.. I'm trained for them but I wont fly one or buy it.

Maybe in 1.2? Hopefully they do BLOPs at the same time.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#71 - 2013-08-01 14:45:18 UTC
Baren wrote:
Aglais wrote:
"10%(+5) bonus to heavy and heavy assault missile kinetic damage"

aAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP

The Nighthawk still will be the top missle boat with the claymore close behind. on top of getting 10% bonus to kenetic damage, we got a 5% ROF bonus and an explosion radius bonus for better damage application.

Nighthawk:
Caldari Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
4% bonus to all Shield Resistances
10%(+5) bonus to heavy and heavy assault missile kinetic damage
Command Ships skill bonuses:
5% bonus to Heavy Assault and Heavy missile launcher rate of fire

^^
I just found my new ratting ship.Big smile

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Baren
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2013-08-01 14:45:32 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
Any chance of looking at the skill requirements to fly these things? Nine months of training just to undock one, over a year for Command Ships V and full effectiveness is frankly absurd, and the majority of those SP will not provide any benefit to you the vast majority of the time.

LOL go home. you prolly only have 10mil sp and are butt hurt you cant fly one.
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#73 - 2013-08-01 14:46:19 UTC
so damnation gets
20% armour res bonus and 50% armour amount.

the eos and astate both start with less base armour and get a rep bonus plus dps bonus... like wtf

surely one of them should get the res and armour amount bonus

same can be said for vulture and the claymore/Sleipnir

you want them on grid? so at least give us one from each race that can stay on grid a while before it explodes please

OMG when can i get a pic here

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#74 - 2013-08-01 14:46:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
DeadDuck wrote:
Don't know if this is the best tread for this but here it goes:

Gang Bonuses will be given only in grid while in fleet or they will continue to be delivered if in system and in fleet?

TY

haha so happy about the drake nighthawk and myrm eos and its drone changes, i don't even care right now. when i wake up one day to find those in my hangar it's going to be better than Christmas.

out of the lot, I get to keep my long black claymore hnngggggg
Heribeck Weathers
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#75 - 2013-08-01 14:48:07 UTC
Looking great Fozzie!

I have only two little complaints:

1- please give the Abso launchers so it can have a full asortment of gusn liek the rest.

2- I would really really like the eos or the astarte to have some other sort of tanking bonus aswell, im sick of rep bonuses on all of them when obviously the drone boat one can make the best use of it. Hell maybe even give the claymore a diferant tanking bonus, would love to finaly see a ship with shield HP per lvl.

3- (bonus complaint but not to important) give the Vulture a tracking bonus instead of one of those range bonuses

Everything else is gravy tho, cant wait to try some of them. especialy the eos and claymore.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#76 - 2013-08-01 14:48:48 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
CCP Fozzie, these changes look great, can't wait to use an Eos finally.
What about the orca? It is a command ship and I believe you said it was going to be part of the command ship balance pass.

I sure hope I never said that Lol

It's not being changed as part of this pass.

Well here you go.

Ahh yes, I was talking about the bonuses to the links themselves. We did consider shifting some of the mining bonuses away from the ship hulls but in the end decided to leave them at 3% and 5%.

I see, I was hoping the Orca would get a Siege warfare link bonus in addition to its mining link bonus, and since non-mining links can't be used in a pos I don't believe it would be broken.

Just for reference the Rorqual gives 10% while deployed, or is that being changed?

It's not being changed.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Janeway84
Insane's Asylum
#77 - 2013-08-01 14:49:33 UTC
Nice changes overall except for all ships loosing a turret slot/ launcher slot.
Makes me wonder if astarte is gonna be worth to take into battle vs battlecruisers. Shocked

can you give astarte back its 7th turret slot? and give NH another mid slot?
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#78 - 2013-08-01 14:50:42 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:
so damnation gets
20% armour res bonus and 50% armour amount.

the eos and astate both start with less base armour and get a rep bonus plus dps bonus... like wtf

surely one of them should get the res and armour amount bonus

same can be said for vulture and the claymore/Sleipnir

you want them on grid? so at least give us one from each race that can stay on grid a while before it explodes please

The damnations damage has universally been pathetic. The Eos and Astarte would mow it down to kibble.

Damnation will still be the fleet brick. I'd like to start seeing some Eos/Ast fits now.

Yaay!!!!

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2013-08-01 14:51:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Baren wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

LOL go home. you prolly only have 10mil sp and are butt hurt you cant fly one.

They require more "wasted" SP that gives you no benefit at all 99% of the time than a dreadnought.

EDIT: I posted carrier instead of dread for some stupid reason.
Deirdre Anethoel
Objectif Licorne
#80 - 2013-08-01 14:52:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Deirdre Anethoel
So you're terribly afraid of powercreep on hacs, but you make every single command ship (except the vulture, because double optimal bonus is bad) into massive combat beasts? It's not like BCs were already taking all the space in term of brawling ships, now we have a whole class of ships with massive weapon bonus, T2 resists AND tanking bonus. With that, they should become the natural option for heavy brawling with costly ships, eclipsing both T3 and hacs. I think some of those changes could have been done on some of the hacs instead of command ships (the eagle and deimos could use some of the treatment given to their command ship counterparts).

But at least I'm happy to see we will have more option, since both command ship in the same race gives the same racial link bonus with different weapon options, you can choose the one the most adapted to your fleet composition. The fact that we still have half of them suited for large fleets (resist bonus) and half of them suitable for small gang (rep bonus) sounds cool. Could have been interesting to have this split in each race instead of having two fleet races and two small gang races. But it's flavorful that there is no "fleet" (aka with passive tank bonus) command ship with skirmish bonus.

I totally expect to see tons of the active tank ones in solo/small gang, and to see the fleet ones become an interesting doctrine to compete really strongly with the other expensive subcaps (hacs, T3s), since they have both massive tank and massive gun bonuses. I think you will have to monitor their effects on those ship's use cases, they may reduce hacs potential roles even more. Right now, at least half the hacs are designed for brawling and lack some of the tools for zipping around and controlling engagement range, so the few still used for that, like the zealot, may get overshadowed even more by more combat BCs. This could be fine if you give them back another role, but if they stay like they are, they may become useless.

I may be overreacting and overestimating the raw combat potential of the new command ships, but I'm afraid I'm not.

Edit: after reconsidering, the lost turrets all around make this less overpowered than I thought. Combat command ships with T2 resists and resist bonus may still be a potential comp, but since they all dropped to 5 guns, this is probably balanced. Bit of overreaction on my part. I don't know how being able to have both bonused links and very good guns will affect the small gang scene, but it should have a lot less impact than I said on fleet warfare. I hope it gets play as a new costly doctrine (absolution should be good for that, I think), while being balanced, that would be beautiful.