These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Starbase happy fun time

First post First post
Author
Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#801 - 2011-11-08 14:22:59 UTC
Dr Mercy wrote:

Also, is there a reason you have made the fuels racial rather than generic?

Read the Blog:

"•We kept racial types because we didn't want to mess around with isotopes"

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Dario Kaelenter
ACME HARDWARE
Exxitium
#802 - 2011-11-08 14:23:13 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
20%/10% works for me, and makes much nicer numbers to boot. Any objections? :P

WRT the blueprints, they're set up to do something like 3 hours/level for ME, I think (12000 seconds) with no skills, with a 5% base waste factor (it's kicking the isotopes up to 420).

So I had a bigger feedback post tho ya stupid forum preview ate it Evil

One thing that came to mind was the BPC runs - Please make it reasonable like 300 as per most ammo ... and not something stupid like Nanite Repair Paste as I'm sure your DB and my hanger prefers 1 x 300 run BPC instead of 60 x 5 Run BPCs cluttering things up !!

Also the proposal is suggesting an increase in running costs as far as LW & HW go as a Large non faction POS would use almost 150 units per hour if u had everything running at 100% CPU and PG per hour tho that's VERY unlikely. on our towers we usually have about 140 of one and 50 of the other consumed per hour ... Research is one way (HW intensive) and lo sec defences and reactors the other (LO intensive) and the costs of HW were much less ( 20 isk/unit vs 300/unit )
Tercius
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#803 - 2011-11-08 14:25:53 UTC
Dr Mercy wrote:

There is racial ice, for racial towers, so there should be racial fuel blocks.
UGINSECOND
RSSCP Light Production
#804 - 2011-11-08 14:28:34 UTC
Anyway, we need more time before fuel changes.
Is take a week or so for research + need time to produce new fuel. If you have one POS - is enough, but produce fuel for 10-20-40 POSes - ask for much more time...
Via Shivon
#805 - 2011-11-08 14:32:08 UTC
no idea why people say hw will raise x5 x10 x20... it maybe does right now because of the rich traders speculating...keep in mind someone is allways loosing in this because others win Twisted
hw price will drop really fast again because ther is sooo much of it...
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#806 - 2011-11-08 14:48:31 UTC
Dr Mercy wrote:

Racial fuels encourage trade between the regions and gives a bit of texture to the game. (Imagine if there was only one type of ore and it dropped tritanium and tritanium was the only component used in all production. It would be very boring.)

As for the logistics - the finished fuel pellets probably still need to be made just slightly smaller (10-15%), which would make them more attractive to "build pellets in one location, use in a 2nd location". It would be a boon to the w-space folks as the pellets would eat up less storage space.
Kim Lesley Hartman
Hartman Ornamental Confectionery and Pies
#807 - 2011-11-08 14:50:28 UTC
Kim Lesley Hartman wrote:
Quote:
Every other structure not already mentioned in this list now takes 5 seconds to anchor/unanchor and 3 seconds to online/offline

Can somebody tell me if that includes the actual towers?

(may have been answered already but can't read to 35 pages atm)

Please anybody?
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#808 - 2011-11-08 14:51:42 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Greyscale
Takeshi Ryuu wrote:
Why using 40-based or 64-based arithmetic when most people would consider 100-based to be easier to calculate in?

From the server side it does not matter whether it will be 10/20/40 or 25/50/100, but from the user point of view calculating all kinds of percents and quantities is, probably, easier when the base "anchor" number is 100 instead of 40 or, gods forbid, 64.

TBH I suspect most people are going to be calculating in 24-hour chunks not 1-hour chunks anyway, so 100 get you 2400 and 40 gets you 960. I'm trying to keep the zeroes low though because (as traders will tell you) miscounting your 0s is probably the most common type of bad input.

Dario Kaelenter wrote:

So I had a bigger feedback post tho ya stupid forum preview ate it Evil

One thing that came to mind was the BPC runs - Please make it reasonable like 300 as per most ammo ... and not something stupid like Nanite Repair Paste as I'm sure your DB and my hanger prefers 1 x 300 run BPC instead of 60 x 5 Run BPCs cluttering things up !!

Max production runs is set to 300.

Quote:
Every other structure not already mentioned in this list now takes 5 seconds to anchor/unanchor and 3 seconds to online/offline

Please anybody?

Nope, didn't touch towers.
Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#809 - 2011-11-08 14:53:05 UTC
Quote:

Please anybody?

Not as of yesterday on Sisi.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

SuperSpy00bob
North Eastern Swat
#810 - 2011-11-08 14:56:13 UTC
Can we get a comment on the fuel block coloring issue? Currently having them all blue is going to result in serious mixups. Having them their racial color would help immensely.
Via Shivon
#811 - 2011-11-08 15:09:35 UTC
SuperSpy00bob wrote:
Can we get a comment on the fuel block coloring issue? Currently having them all blue is going to result in serious mixups. Having them their racial color would help immensely.

strg+A / right click, stack all = win
Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#812 - 2011-11-08 15:11:40 UTC
Via Shivon wrote:
SuperSpy00bob wrote:

strg+A / right click, stack all = win

Eve= A Game for guys who prefere workarounds over solutions...

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#813 - 2011-11-08 15:29:40 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
20%/10% works for me, and makes much nicer numbers to boot. Any objections? :P
Nope. The faction tower fuel bonus stays more or less intact and that makes me as a wh dweller very happy indeed...Big smile

CCP Greyscale wrote:
WRT the blueprints, they're set up to do something like 3 hours/level for ME, I think (12000 seconds) with no skills, with a 5% base waste factor (it's kicking the isotopes up to 420).
Fair enough. Piece of (very sweet) cake actually to get the fuel consumption down even more. Thanks!

Now I just have to find a way to avoid seeing EvE as a HappyHappyJoyJoyLand after all the good changes and iterations announced for the upcoming expansion. Stop it! You're making me too happy!....Shocked

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#814 - 2011-11-08 15:33:01 UTC
Esrevid Nekkeg wrote:
Now I just have to find a way to avoid seeing EvE as a HappyHappyJoyJoyLand after all the good changes and iterations announced for the upcoming expansion. Stop it! You're making me too happy!....Shocked

LOL!

Jokerface666
Intergalactic Expeditionary Corp
#815 - 2011-11-08 15:39:01 UTC
Two step wrote:
As I said on the CSM forums, I don't think that is enough of a bonus for faction towers. Other than that, good stuff!

The reason i have a faction tower is becouse of the fuel bonus... it absolutely sucks tha this bonus is gone now... why can't you guys make the requiremnt per hour let's say 10 block, and a faction towers needs 10 % les fuel, so 9 blocks.

The blueprints would make 10 blocks per run instead of 1.

would it be such a pain to implement?

I'd rather have big numbers, then loose my bonus, which i've payed 1,2 Billion for.

EDIT: but sexy changes right there everything else!
Bobble Gumple
Grand Solar Trinity
#816 - 2011-11-08 15:44:20 UTC
So....

Any particular reason that they're nearly quadrupling the fuel costs for large towers?
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#817 - 2011-11-08 15:45:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Esrevid Nekkeg
Jokerface666 wrote:
Two step wrote:
As I said on the CSM forums, I don't think that is enough of a bonus for faction towers. Other than that, good stuff!

The reason i have a faction tower is becouse of the fuel bonus... it absolutely sucks tha this bonus is gone now... why can't you guys make the requirement per hour let's say 10 block, and a faction towers needs 10 % les fuel, so 9 blocks.
A few posts earlier: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=326619#post326619
Don't worry, faction tower bonus is back.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

MentalM
Shell Alliance
#818 - 2011-11-08 15:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: MentalM
Surely to address the lower running costs of a Faction tower all that needs to be changed is the cycle time changed to 1.25 hours (As an example) between cycle rather than 1 hour? That cannot be too hard to implement?

Then you wouldn't need to change the fuel bays either as the longer duration between cycles would also mean longer times between refueling. So you're now giving the faction towers the same two bonuses which they presently (Less fuel usage and longer times between refueling) get and you're only modifying one parameter.
Arana Mirelin
Te'Rava Industries
#819 - 2011-11-08 15:47:50 UTC
Bobble Gumple wrote:
So....

Any particular reason that they're nearly quadrupling the fuel costs for large towers?

Because people don't read that each manufacturing run creates 4 blocks of fuel and assume that it only creates 1.
Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#820 - 2011-11-08 15:49:09 UTC
MentalM wrote:
Surely to address the lower running costs of a Faction tower all that needs to be changed is the cycle time changed to 1.25 hours (As an example) between cycle rather than 1 hour? That cannot be too hard to implement?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Did you read the last 30 pages or at least the last 3 of them?

Rethorical question.

go 2-3 pages back, read, understand and feel ashamed...