These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Starbase happy fun time

First post First post
Author
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#741 - 2011-11-08 10:42:18 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:
how many accounts did you cost ccp with this one btw?

No one is going to quit just because their corp has to adjust their fuelling processes you giant sperging ******.

lol i know, i asked how many peopel quit cos of that change not this one. are you really that dumb?

No, I was pointing out that the very thin connection you were attempting to draw was full of ****. And I did that pretty well since your immediate response was 'oh no I didn't mean that at all'.

Very smooth.
sukee tsayah
Southern Cross Silver Shields
Flying Dangerous
#742 - 2011-11-08 10:44:12 UTC  |  Edited by: sukee tsayah
mkint wrote:
Old system: Do math, haul fuel to POS

New system: do easier math, haul fuel to POS, haul assembly arrays to POS, re-manufacture fuel

This whole things sounds like another nerf to low/null/w-space PI for those who make their own fuel.

Amen. +1
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#743 - 2011-11-08 10:48:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Smoking Blunts
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

No one is going to quit just because their corp has to adjust their fuelling processes you giant sperging ******.

lol i know, i asked how many peopel quit cos of that change not this one. are you really that dumb?

No, I was pointing out that the very thin connection you were attempting to draw was full of ****. And I did that pretty well since your immediate response was 'oh no I didn't mean that at all'.

Very smooth.

no i was comparing customer service regarding changes to the game and the respose of ccp to customer feed back. please reread if you still dont see it

Quote:
so ccp greyscale, is this going get the same reply from you to customer feedback as the anom nerf?

or are you actually gonna act on this feedback before rolling out changes that effect everyone?

OMG when can i get a pic here

ChiefAlex
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#744 - 2011-11-08 10:48:25 UTC  |  Edited by: ChiefAlex
Quote:
We reduced effective robotics consumption on medium and small towers because it was judged to be better than increasing the consumption on large towers

Quote:
Towers will use 1 block/hour for small, 2 blocks/hour for medium and 4 blocks/hour for large
Making large towers consume 4x as much as before is better then... increasing their consumtion? Big smileBig smileBig smile
LOL CCP.
Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#745 - 2011-11-08 10:50:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Neo Agricola
ChiefAlex wrote:
Quote:
We reduced effective robotics consumption on medium and small towers because it was judged to be better than increasing the consumption on large towers

Quote:
Towers will use 1 block/hour for small, 2 blocks/hour for medium and 4 blocks/hour for large
Making large towers consume 4x as much as before is better then... increasing their consumtion? Big smileBig smileBig smile
LOL CCP.

1 robotics = 4 Blocks = 1 h of running a large POS.

little pice of advice:
read the Dev Blog bevor posting or at least one of the 30 Postes which already pointed that out...

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Grukni
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#746 - 2011-11-08 10:52:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Grukni
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

I think what he meant is that it's all about CCP's attitude of not taking into account some valid points brought up by some fellow forumers and giving no reason why. They should, at least, explain the reasons and objectives they want to achieve not taking into account player feedback. It has already been stated that they want to bring ease, but there must be more, like a hidden agenda, when they want to drop the bonuses of faction towers and sov, for example, and do listen to our whines to increase fuel granularity. It is not like they missed this point, it is wholly intentional. An explanation on this from CCP would be welcomed.
sukee tsayah
Flying Dangerous
#747 - 2011-11-08 10:56:51 UTC
Quote:

"judged to be better"

Better for whom? The people who now have to pay less to fuel their POS? Because it certainly isn't better for new players who are dependent on PI for their isk, while at the same time having to deal with the ridiculous idea of destructable COs in the near future and DUST later on.

As a matter of fact, just who does CCP think is going to pay mercenaries to defend Planetary Interaction buildings when CCP is doing everything in its power to nerf the living crap out of it?

"judged to be better"

I thought you guys learned from your mistakes. Ask the community first. Don't make these "judgement calls" without feedback. Good lord.
Eperor
Machiavellian Empire
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#748 - 2011-11-08 10:59:15 UTC
good start oN POS ting reworking. MY POS mangers wil be happy to hear that.
sukee tsayah
Flying Dangerous
#749 - 2011-11-08 10:59:27 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:

Quote:
so ccp greyscale, is this going get the same reply from you to customer feedback as the anom nerf?

or are you actually gonna act on this feedback before rolling out changes that effect everyone?

Amen. +1

I'm keeping this drum beating. At least after they make this stupid change I'll know that I did everything in my power to stop it.
ChiefAlex
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#750 - 2011-11-08 11:01:55 UTC
Neo Agricola wrote:
ChiefAlex wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
LOL CCP.

1 robotics = 4 Blocks = 1 h of running a large POS.

little pice of advice:
read the Dev Blog bevor posting or at least one of the 30 Postes which already pointed that out...

My bad. Maybe this fact should be been noted more then with a half sentence in the devblog...
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#751 - 2011-11-08 11:03:26 UTC
Grukni wrote:
Doctor Ungabungas wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

I think what he meant is that it's all about CCP's attitude of not taking into account some valid points brought up by some fellow forumers and giving no reason why. They should, at least, explain the reasons and objectives they want to achieve not taking into account player feedback. It has already been stated that they want to bring ease, but there must be more, like a hidden agenda, when they want to drop the bonuses of faction towers and sov, for example, and do listen to our whines to increase fuel granularity. It is not like they missed this point, it is wholly intentional. An explanation on this from CCP would be welcomed.

yeh that was my point.

anom nerf effecting 0.0 residence, there were many reasons why that chnage was bad listed and ignored.(we know how well that change worked out)
the pos fuel change effects 0.0 residence primarly(forget faction towers). there are many reasons why removing the sov discount is bad and all have been listed. will they also be ignored this time round?

Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#752 - 2011-11-08 11:10:11 UTC
Grukni wrote:

The sov bonus is not being dropped. It's not being applied to small and medium towers because of rounding (75% of 2 and 1, rounded up, is still 2 and 1). If they increase fuel granularity, it will work:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=321224#post321224

They removed faction bonuses because the chosen fuel granularity didn't allow it. If they do increase granularity, there's no reason to assume they won't keep the bonus.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Neo Agricola
Gallente Federation
#753 - 2011-11-08 11:10:40 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:

anom nerf effecting 0.0 residence, there were many reasons why that chnage was bad listed and ignored.(we know how well that change worked out)
the pos fuel change effects 0.0 residence primarly(forget faction towers). there are many reasons why removing the sov discount is bad and all have been listed. will they also be ignored this time round?

Somewhere at Page 10 was:

CCP Greyscale wrote:
Currently thinking about:

• Fuel divisibility situation (ie, faction/sov fuel bonuses)
  • Block build times

Keep on posting, we are paying attention :)

So give them the time they need to think about that....

At least they are listening. (or they were till page 10 or so...)

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#754 - 2011-11-08 11:15:31 UTC
Neo Agricola wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

Somewhere at Page 10 was:

CCP Greyscale wrote:
Currently thinking about:

• Fuel divisibility situation (ie, faction/sov fuel bonuses)
  • Block build times

Keep on posting, we are paying attention :)

So give them the time they need to think about that....

At least they are listening. (or they were till page 10 or so...)

i do hope they read past page 10..lol

thanks for pointing the lareg tower discount out, missed that update somehow. just need to get all the other discounts back in place and this system would work and not effect anyone to negativly(HW/LO useage aside)

Arvella Kadori
N.E.E.M.A.
#755 - 2011-11-08 11:26:51 UTC
I think those changes are very good, but after reading the Comments i saw much doubt about the Fact, that the Fuel Block are Racial.
So i don't know, but i would like to propose to Split the Fuel Blocks in 2 parts: the Fuel Blocks, and the Fuel Rods.
Tthe Fuel Blocks contain the 8x Coolant, 4x Mechanical Parts, 20x Oxygen, 1x Robotics, 150x Heavy Water and 150x Liquid Ozone and Fit in all types of Control Towers.
And the Fuel Rods contain the 4x Enriched Uranium and the racial 400x Isotopes wich make them the Racial Based Fuel.
Would give Corporations with different Control-towers the flexibility to have universal fuel in storage for all POSes and some "Racial Based Fuel" for their different reactors.
Maybe a stupid Idea, but well i still like it.

greez
arvella
Floydd Heywood
Doomheim
#756 - 2011-11-08 11:29:11 UTC
Midnight Hope wrote:
This sucks from a WH perspective. Now you not only have to haul in ice products but you also you have to create the stupid blocks. I fail to see how this "simplifies" anything.

You don't have to build anything. Just buy the blocks in hisec.

It might not be easier if you insist on producing your own fuel. But in that case you're supposed to enjoy doing boring and tedious things industry.
CaldeteisX
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#757 - 2011-11-08 11:29:13 UTC  |  Edited by: CaldeteisX
Not sure if its anything like this has already been posted, don't feel like reading 37 pages :S, but would having blocks setup something like this make much more sense?

Use 24 blocks as the batch size, same time of 10 minutes, and the volume of each block is scaled properly so that the total volume produced from 24 blocks would be the same total volume as the proposed 4 blocks, this should work for nicely then for scaling in faction fuel bonus. For example

Standard towers:
small 6 per hour
med 12 per hour
large 24 per hour

Tier 1 Faction:
small 5 per hour
med 10 per hour
large 20 per hour
Thats 16.666666667% reduction in fuel

Tier 2 Faction:
small 4 per hour
med 8 per hour
large 16 per hour
Thats 33% reduction in fuel

As can be seen, its not hard to scale some numbers to find an easy solution to keep fuel usage bonuses, and there would be infinite other numbers you can use to scale accordingly and get different % reductions and so on, also to factor in sov fuel bonuses.

This just seems that from the blog you havent tried to find a solution and just said 'lets use 4 blocks!, but the bonuses don't scale...to hard to work out....I know no bonsues and bigger bay!' Don't get me wrong blocks are great and something I've seen threads about for years that people have been calling for, this is what we want to see! what I Don't want is to see another half-done CCP implementation of something getting shoved through the door that isnt going to work nicely and then might not get touched for a few years. It appears you are trying to turn this trend around, and hopefully you do, but past experiences show thats what has happened a lot, fingers crossed not anymore.
Grukni
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#758 - 2011-11-08 11:43:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Grukni
Jack Dant wrote:

If they do increase granularity, there's no reason to assume they won't keep the bonus.

If they at least listen to this, I'll be happy. I see no other drawbacks to the proposed changes but benefits for almost everybody.
Via Shivon
#759 - 2011-11-08 12:22:50 UTC
ChiefAlex wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
LOL CCP.

omg you ewok ....Shocked
syrus mac
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#760 - 2011-11-08 12:22:55 UTC  |  Edited by: syrus mac
Personally I was drawn to EVE because of it's complexity, I like the fact that stuff isn't easy to do sometimes!

All I see in this blog is dumbing down while simultaneously wrecking the bonuses of Faction towers, either of which can't be good in my opinion.

Maybe that's just me though Roll