These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So long and thanks for all the bullshit. This will be my last post.

First post
Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#61 - 2013-06-24 01:32:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Freezehunter wrote:
Smartbombing Whoree wrote:
Bro....

Edit 1 : Calm Down Some.

Edit 2: Use the right ship.

Edit 3 : No one cares.

EDIT 1: SUCK SOME ****, THAT WILL HELP.
EDIT 2: I WAS USING THE RIGHT SHIP, MORON.
EDIT C: IF YOU DIDN'T CARE YOU WOULDN'T REPLY, BITCHFACE.


http://i.imgur.com/PxmLXr3.jpg

In answer to Edit 2: No you weren't, you were using a T1 hauler, that is not the right ship for carrying 2 billion isk. That's like carrying a months payroll, in cash, on your invalid scooter.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Smartbombing Whoree
Doomheim
#62 - 2013-06-24 01:32:43 UTC
S Byerley wrote:
Smartbombing Whoree wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
Smartbombing Whoree wrote:
Bro....

Edit 1 : Calm Down Some.

Edit 2: Use the right ship.

Edit 3 : No one cares.

IF YOU DIDN'T CARE YOU WOULDN'T REPLY, BITCHFACE.



Edit 4: You missed the first edit bro. (calm down)


You do have kind of a bitchface


Well I hit the random button a random number of times and got this. So should I make a rage post about CCP and the **** community here?
Freezehunter
#63 - 2013-06-24 01:33:05 UTC
Tumahub wrote:
Who trusts a hauler named "mammoth?"

IT WAS NOT CALLED "MAMMOTH", IT WAS CALLED "DON'T TAZE ME BRO", I AM NOT EVEN LYING!

WHAT KIND OF NOOB NAMES HIS SHIP BY DEFAULT NAME AND GETS SEEN ON SCANNERS?

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Freezehunter
#64 - 2013-06-24 01:33:48 UTC
Smartbombing Whoree wrote:
S Byerley wrote:
Smartbombing Whoree wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
Smartbombing Whoree wrote:
Bro....

Edit 1 : Calm Down Some.

Edit 2: Use the right ship.

Edit 3 : No one cares.

IF YOU DIDN'T CARE YOU WOULDN'T REPLY, BITCHFACE.



Edit 4: You missed the first edit bro. (calm down)


You do have kind of a bitchface


Well I hit the random button a random number of times and got this. So should I make a rage post about CCP and the **** community here?


YEAH, BITCHFACE!

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Makalu Zarya
The Maverick Navy
Snuffed Out
#65 - 2013-06-24 01:34:03 UTC
mandatory: u mad bro?

and

can i haz your stuff?
Sir Mack Inawrex
NEW ORDER DEATH DEALERS
#66 - 2013-06-24 01:35:17 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
Sir Mack Inawrex wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

I quit the game over this death, permanently, been playing since 2007.

I was doing a 2 billion collateral,


There's your problem. You were carrying 2 billion ISK in a ship that had no business carrying more than 100 million.

Quote:
I had a reasonable expectation of SAFETY


There is no such thing as a reasonable expectation of safety in EvE.


IF I HAD BEEN IN A HAULER WITH NO TANK AT ALL AND ONLY CARGO EXPANDERS, I WOULD NOT HAVE MINDED BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE MADE ME A MORON FITTING MY SHIP LIKE THAT, BUT I DID NOT EXPECT IN A MILLION YEARS TO LOSE THAT SHIP LIKE THAT, AND THAT FAST WITH 21000 EHP. STILL BULLSHIT.


So, just because your ship had a tank on it means it should be indestructible? Of course, the answer should be "no".

This game, as I'm sure you're aware revolves around the concept of risk versus reward. You risked 2 billion credits undocking with that cargo but for some reason, felt that 21kEHP was sufficient to protect it.

"…but now only one beacon of light survives.  A stubborn world that dared to defy Mintchip, Lord of the Lollipops."

Freezehunter
#67 - 2013-06-24 01:36:03 UTC
QuakeGod wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
It's interesting how Star Citizen isn't even released yet and already started to leech players and money "out" of EVE.


I've never even heard of Star Citizen, so I got curious and Googled it. Here's a statement from their Q&A:

What's your online revenue model?

Quote:
Not a subscription but not free-to-play; rather a hybrid of these two business models. Much like ArenaNet’s Guild Wars 2, you will purchase the PC game and pay no recurring subscription charges. Your purchase of the game will allow you to play in the universe for free, forever! The game will offer a variety of virtual items for purchase


So, that only leaves one choice. It's a pay-to-win game, just like every other 2-bit "free to play" game on the market right now.


THEY SPECIFICALLY SAID IT WOULD NOT BE P2W OTHERWISE I WOULD NOT HAVE SPENT OVER 400 DOLLARS ON IT.

IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE LIKE EVE WHERE YOU CAN PAY REAL MONEY TO GET INGAME MONEY, LIKE PLEX, AND DON'T GIVE ME ANY **** ABOUT THAT BECAUSE CCP DOES THE SAME AND NO ONE IS BITCHING.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Manfred Hideous
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#68 - 2013-06-24 01:37:10 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
Tumahub wrote:
Who trusts a hauler named "mammoth?"

IT WAS NOT CALLED "MAMMOTH", IT WAS CALLED "DON'T TAZE ME BRO", I AM NOT EVEN LYING!

WHAT KIND OF NOOB NAMES HIS SHIP BY DEFAULT NAME AND GETS SEEN ON SCANNERS?



LOL. You do know the guy who yelled that got tazed anyway?

You been tazed.
Steve WingYip
Doomheim
#69 - 2013-06-24 01:37:11 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

I quit the game over this death, permanently, been playing since 2007.

I was doing a 2 billion collateral, 3.5 million ISK reward, 5 EMPIRE jump courier contract because I was bored out of my mind and decided to have a nice evening playing Eve and doing couriers to help people and make a little money too, because it's been my main chillout game since 2007.

I got scanned as I started aligning and when I landed on the gate AT ZERO, I got instapopped by a Tornado BEFORE I GOT TO JUMP, that is less than 2 ******* seconds.

I lost over 2 billion ISK instantly in a 1.0 system, while transporting cargo in a TANKED cargo ship with a supposed 21000 HP buffer/semiactive tank and level 5 tanking skills in all tanking types.

To me this is an absolute load of bullshit and because of this I have decided to give all my remaining assets (about 800 mil worth and ISK (2.76 billion) to Chribba and gave Freezehunter to a RL friend, as it is my only character.

I planned to give Freeze to Chribba at first because deleting a 87 million SP char is kind of a waste but he said no.

When you lose 2 billion to an instalocking instakilling ship that costs about 80 million fitted, in a 1.0 system, you know it is about ******* time to finally quit the game you've been wasting money on since 2007.

So long and thanks for all the bullshit, meanwhile, I have pledged over 400 dollars to Star Citizen and I am glad to finally kick the habit of paying for a second job.

Let the circlejerk commence.

This account expired a few days ago and my friend has not played yet, I am using Hours for PLEX to write this.

Feel free to ban me. And also **** You. If you don't believe me, just ask Chribba.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention, a big **** YOU to all the morons that didn't believe me when I said Dust would be an epic failure and a waste of money a year ago, it has less than 5000 players and the next console gen is about to come out. Congratulations on failing in an epic way CCP.

Edit2: Another big **** you to any moron that says that I didn't take proper precautions and that I expected 100% safety, learn to ******* read, I HAD AN ACTIVATED 21000 HP TANK AND STILL GOT INSTAKILLEDD EVEN THOUGH I WAS FLYING MANUALLY AND WARPED TO ZERO.

Edit3: the "lel" and ridicule posts in this thread are a perfect example of why this community has always sucked massive **** and why I will be having actual fun playing Star Citizen in 2 years, while your numbers here dwindle more and more and CCP makes another **** up and goes bankrupt ,enjoy this bullshit while it lasts, personally I still think that having less than 400k total accounts after 10 years is an epic failure.

You are the most **** community I have ever seen in online gaming, and I have been playing online games since 1994, it is as if Eve has all the sociopaths and junk that the other MMOS have banned and filtered out, enjoy your circle jerk and gate camping and blob **** fests while they still last...

Edit4: LOL, apparently I fail miserably at Eve because I only had 5 billion ISK because that is what games are all about, right, jewing it up... **** off.

Also, yes, I was hauling in a normal, TANKED hauler because I only had to do FIVE ******* JUMPS THROUGH HIGH SEC. Don't try to tell me I am a bad player or other bullshit just because i didn't spend 300 million on a blockade runner to move **** through HIGH SEC, I had a reasonable expectation of SAFETY when I tanked the ******* thing up to 21000 EHP for a normal HIGH SEC run.

I've done way more dangerous runs through low sec, null and wormholes in blockade runners perfectly fine, and survived no problem. Do don't ******* try to blame this bullshit on me, it's a game mechanic problem when a ship that is worth ******* nothing can kill 2+ billion worth of **** in under 2 seconds. **** off with trying to justify this bullshit. Haulers are crap and T3 BCs are broken as **** and do way more than they should for their price, but CCP has started on the path to making this game totally noob friendly 2 years ago, so that any tard that started the game 2 months ago can instakill someone that has 87 million SP and has paid for and played the game since 200 ******* 7. You keep defending this bullshit, meanwhile someone else is going to get a lot of money from me for making a way more fun and superior game because I've had it up to HERE with this unbalanced crap.

I am not one to ***** and moan about ship losses as i've lost PLENTY of **** since 2007, it's just that losing so much money in such a ******** way to such a young alt in such a cheap but OP as **** ship/ship type pisses me the **** off.

And I don't give a **** what anyone says, 21000 HP should not just ******* melt to ONE volley from ONE instalocking, gatecamping ship.

Last edit, I'm off to have some actual fun in ARMA 3.

OK, for real now, last edit: Star Citizen can not fail within the next 2 years because that is when it will launch and considering it is crowd funded and already has almost 11 million dollars and it is not even out yet, I am pretty sure you are wrong. I spent over 400 dollars on it for a reason and I usually never make bad calls when it comes to money. Except for in games with **** balancing and game mechanics of course, and we all know which game I am talking about.


You won't be missed with that attitude. I would expect an 07 character to know better. You knew the risks and you got punished. All this over a ship blowing up. Just makes me laugh.
Freezehunter
#70 - 2013-06-24 01:37:57 UTC
Sir Mack Inawrex wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
Sir Mack Inawrex wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

I quit the game over this death, permanently, been playing since 2007.

I was doing a 2 billion collateral,


There's your problem. You were carrying 2 billion ISK in a ship that had no business carrying more than 100 million.

Quote:
I had a reasonable expectation of SAFETY


There is no such thing as a reasonable expectation of safety in EvE.


IF I HAD BEEN IN A HAULER WITH NO TANK AT ALL AND ONLY CARGO EXPANDERS, I WOULD NOT HAVE MINDED BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE MADE ME A MORON FITTING MY SHIP LIKE THAT, BUT I DID NOT EXPECT IN A MILLION YEARS TO LOSE THAT SHIP LIKE THAT, AND THAT FAST WITH 21000 EHP. STILL BULLSHIT.


So, just because your ship had a tank on it means it should be indestructible? Of course, the answer should be "no".

This game, as I'm sure you're aware revolves around the concept of risk versus reward. You risked 2 billion credits undocking with that cargo but for some reason, felt that 21kEHP was sufficient to protect it.


YEAH MAN, BUT CONSIDERING THAT I WAS IN A TANKED, FAST ALIGN SHIP, WAS MANUALLY FLYING, AND ONLY HAD A 5 JUMP TRIP THROUGH OVER 0.8 SEC EMPIRE, I WAS NOT EXPECTING TO GET ******* INSTAPOPPED BY A BULLSHIT CHEAP AND EASY TO FLY YET OP AS **** SHIP.

THAT IS THE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-06-24 01:39:45 UTC
If this is the rage in the forums can you imagine the rage in local right after it happened? I only wish I could say "I was there"
Zane Tekitsu
D.I.C.A.D. Solutions
#72 - 2013-06-24 01:42:08 UTC
IIshira wrote:
If this is the rage in the forums can you imagine the rage in local right after it happened? I only wish I could say "I was there"



Not empty quoting.
Manfred Hideous
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#73 - 2013-06-24 01:42:36 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
Sir Mack Inawrex wrote:
[quote=Freezehunter][quote=Sir Mack Inawrex][quote=Freezehunter]http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

...rage...
This game, as I'm sure you're aware revolves around the concept of risk versus reward. You risked 2 billion credits undocking with that cargo but for some reason, felt that 21kEHP was sufficient to protect it.


YEAH MAN, BUT CONSIDERING THAT I WAS IN A TANKED, FAST ALIGN SHIP, WAS MANUALLY FLYING, AND ONLY HAD A 5 JUMP TRIP THROUGH OVER 0.8 SEC EMPIRE, I WAS NOT EXPECTING TO GET ******* INSTAPOPPED BY A BULLSHIT CHEAP AND EASY TO FLY YET OP AS **** SHIP.

THAT IS THE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF.


I usually think of my mammoth as 'fast align'

Guess what istabs also make happen? Fast locks by tornados.
Freezehunter
#74 - 2013-06-24 01:42:38 UTC
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

SNIP


You won't be missed with that attitude. I would expect an 07 character to know better. You knew the risks and you got punished. All this over a ship blowing up. Just makes me laugh.


THIS WAS JUST THE DROP THAT BROKE THE DAM.

CONSIDERING I WAS JUST PLAYING TO CHILL AND WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE BY DOING THEIR COURIERS, EVEN IF THEY HAD **** REWARDS AND HIGH COLLAT, THEN YES, IT FELT LIKE **** WHEN I LOST 2 BILLION FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE. SINCE 2007 I MUST HAVE COMPLETED OVER 6000 CONTRACTS AND NEVER FAILED OR STOLE A SINGLE ONE BEFORE THIS.

THIS IS A GAME THAT PENALIZES GOOD GUYS AND ***** ALL OVER THEM, AND I AM SICK OF CONSTANTLY GETTING THE FINGER AND GETTING BLOWN UP WHEN I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO HELP. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME BS LIKE THIS HAPPENED TO ME, BUT THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#75 - 2013-06-24 01:45:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Fast aligning T1 hauler, now that's an oxymoron that's right up there with Military Intelligence and Microsoft Works.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Freezehunter
#76 - 2013-06-24 01:45:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
Zane Tekitsu wrote:
IIshira wrote:
If this is the rage in the forums can you imagine the rage in local right after it happened? I only wish I could say "I was there"



Not empty quoting.


NAH, I JUST SENT HIM A REALLY CHILL MAIL EXPLAINING HOW MUCH I LOST AND THAT I WOULD BE QUITTING OVER THAT.

ASK HIM IF YOU DON'T BELEVE ME.

I ALSO SENT A MAIL TO THE PERSON WHO I'D FAILED THE CONTRACT FOR AND APOLOGIZED AND TOLD THEM TO ENJOY THE COLLAT MONEY.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A VERY NICE GUY IN GAME, I AM JUST A TROLLING DOUCHE HERE, SPECIFICALLY NOW BECAUSE I WANT TO GO OUT WITH A TROLLING BANG SINCE I AM NEVER RETURNING.

I HOPE THAT STAR CITIZEN WILL EMBRACE PLAYERS LIKE ME MORE, BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A NICE GUY THAT YOU CAN TRUST AND THAT YOU CAN COUNT ON, ASK ANYONE THAT KNOWS ME AND EVEN ASK CHRIBBA, WHO HAS LOANED ME BILLIONS IN THE PAST AND ALWAYS GOT PAID BACK. CHRIBBA IS LITERALLY THE ONLY GUY THAT WAS EVER NICE TO ME AND HELPED ME WHEN I NEEDED IT IN THIS GAME, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NICE TO EVERYONE IN GAME.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Freezehunter
#77 - 2013-06-24 01:47:57 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Fast aligning T1 hauler, now that's an oxymoron that's right up there with Military Intelligence and Microsoft Works.

NOT REALLY MAN, IT DID ACTUALLY ALIGN VERY FAST, IT WAS USUALLY IN WARP BEFORE IT FULLY DECLOAKED.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#78 - 2013-06-24 01:49:54 UTC
Is your caps lock jammed? The correct ship to use would have been a cloaky hauler.

umadbro? / Can I have your stuffz etc.

Damn nature, you scary!

Freezehunter
#79 - 2013-06-24 01:49:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
Steve WingYip wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=19901119#ixzz2X5W5JNyg

I quit the game over this death, permanently, been playing since 2007.

I was doing a 2 billion collateral, 3.5 million ISK reward, 5 EMPIRE jump courier contract because I was bored out of my mind and decided to have a nice evening playing Eve and doing couriers to help people and make a little money too, because it's been my main chillout game since 2007.

I got scanned as I started aligning and when I landed on the gate AT ZERO, I got instapopped by a Tornado BEFORE I GOT TO JUMP, that is less than 2 ******* seconds.

I lost over 2 billion ISK instantly in a 1.0 system, while transporting cargo in a TANKED cargo ship with a supposed 21000 HP buffer/semiactive tank and level 5 tanking skills in all tanking types.

To me this is an absolute load of bullshit and because of this I have decided to give all my remaining assets (about 800 mil worth and ISK (2.76 billion) to Chribba and gave Freezehunter to a RL friend, as it is my only character.

I planned to give Freeze to Chribba at first because deleting a 87 million SP char is kind of a waste but he said no.

When you lose 2 billion to an instalocking instakilling ship that costs about 80 million fitted, in a 1.0 system, you know it is about ******* time to finally quit the game you've been wasting money on since 2007.

So long and thanks for all the bullshit, meanwhile, I have pledged over 400 dollars to Star Citizen and I am glad to finally kick the habit of paying for a second job.

Let the circlejerk commence.

This account expired a few days ago and my friend has not played yet, I am using Hours for PLEX to write this.

Feel free to ban me. And also **** You. If you don't believe me, just ask Chribba.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention, a big **** YOU to all the morons that didn't believe me when I said Dust would be an epic failure and a waste of money a year ago, it has less than 5000 players and the next console gen is about to come out. Congratulations on failing in an epic way CCP.

Edit2: Another big **** you to any moron that says that I didn't take proper precautions and that I expected 100% safety, learn to ******* read, I HAD AN ACTIVATED 21000 HP TANK AND STILL GOT INSTAKILLEDD EVEN THOUGH I WAS FLYING MANUALLY AND WARPED TO ZERO.

Edit3: the "lel" and ridicule posts in this thread are a perfect example of why this community has always sucked massive **** and why I will be having actual fun playing Star Citizen in 2 years, while your numbers here dwindle more and more and CCP makes another **** up and goes bankrupt ,enjoy this bullshit while it lasts, personally I still think that having less than 400k total accounts after 10 years is an epic failure.

You are the most **** community I have ever seen in online gaming, and I have been playing online games since 1994, it is as if Eve has all the sociopaths and junk that the other MMOS have banned and filtered out, enjoy your circle jerk and gate camping and blob **** fests while they still last...

Edit4: LOL, apparently I fail miserably at Eve because I only had 5 billion ISK because that is what games are all about, right, jewing it up... **** off.

Also, yes, I was hauling in a normal, TANKED hauler because I only had to do FIVE ******* JUMPS THROUGH HIGH SEC. Don't try to tell me I am a bad player or other bullshit just because i didn't spend 300 million on a blockade runner to move **** through HIGH SEC, I had a reasonable expectation of SAFETY when I tanked the ******* thing up to 21000 EHP for a normal HIGH SEC run.

I've done way more dangerous runs through low sec, null and wormholes in blockade runners perfectly fine, and survived no problem. Do don't ******* try to blame this bullshit on me, it's a game mechanic problem when a ship that is worth ******* nothing can kill 2+ billion worth of **** in under 2 seconds. **** off with trying to justify this bullshit. Haulers are crap and T3 BCs are broken as **** and do way more than they should for their price, but CCP has started on the path to making this game totally noob friendly 2 years ago, so that any tard that started the game 2 months ago can instakill someone that has 87 million SP and has paid for and played the game since 200 ******* 7. You keep defending this bullshit, meanwhile someone else is going to get a lot of money from me for making a way more fun and superior game because I've had it up to HERE with this unbalanced crap.

I am not one to ***** and moan about ship losses as i've lost PLENTY of **** since 2007, it's just that losing so much money in such a ******** way to such a young alt in such a cheap but OP as **** ship/ship type pisses me the **** off.

And I don't give a **** what anyone says, 21000 HP should not just ******* melt to ONE volley from ONE instalocking, gatecamping ship.

OK, for real now, last edit: Star Citizen can not fail within the next 2 years because that is when it will launch and considering it is crowd funded and already has almost 11 million dollars and it is not even out yet, I am pretty sure you are wrong. I spent over 400 dollars on it for a reason and I usually never make bad calls when it comes to money. Except for in games with **** balancing and game mechanics of course, and we all know which game I am talking about.


You won't be missed with that attitude. I would expect an 07 character to know better. You knew the risks and you got punished. All this over a ship blowing up. Just makes me laugh.


THAT'S THE THING DUDE, I AM SICK OF BEING "PUNISHED" FOR TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE, AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENED.

I AM A GAMER AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE EARLY '90S, I PLAY GAMES TO HAVE FUN AND HELP PEOPLE, DEPENDING ONT HE GAME, NOT GET SHAT ON CONSTANTLY BY GRIEFING DOUCHEBAGS.

IT'S OK THOUGH, I HAVE 600+ OTHER GAMES TO CHOOSE FROM.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

MunnyRabbit
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-06-24 01:51:05 UTC  |  Edited by: MunnyRabbit
2 billion collateral for 3.5 million?

The risk reward there doesn't make much sense man. This was an obvious trap set by people looking for people exactly with your mentality. There are bad people in the world lol.

Sucks you lost all of your stuff and all. I personally would not of done that.

Good luck wherever you go.