These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Unscheduled downtime - Sunday, June 2nd, 2013

First post First post
Author
Melinko Shadowlord
Greystone Ind.
#721 - 2013-06-02 11:10:07 UTC
gallmarr wrote:
Adam1337 wrote:
Firstly, if you have not got anything helpful to add, why add it.

Secondly for all of you begging for SP, so far the server has been out of service for the majority for what 2 hours, so with the greatest of respect so far the most SP you could have lost is 2 hours worth.

**** happens but until we know what the **** was, who created the **** and how long it will take to clean all the **** up, what is the fricking point in spamming this forum with bleeding heart sobs of how much you lost.

Seriously my heart does not bleed, those who have been with EVE for more than a few months learned to harden the **** up.

Most of us are able to accept that servers have blips, we do not cry our fricking eyes out and beg for compensation.


Deal with it..

Report any error messages, be constructive..

I personally hope CCP does not compensate for this downtime.



is giving some free skillpoints in anyway affected ccp then i wouldnt ask for it.... stop brown nosing and join the cause, after all it benifits everyone Big smile


Also.. for all the other S#1t that goes wrong to us individually, that we get the "it's just you" runaround, and no compensation for.. so ya, am gonna push for this one X2 if nothing else, to balance out the wasted petitions where shaft was given as compensation in the past. - love ya CCP XD
evedawn
Omnipresent Sovereign 7 Corp
#722 - 2013-06-02 11:10:29 UTC
Kameron Risalo wrote:
evedawn wrote:
Fedman Kasad wrote:
is there scheduled dt tonight ? ... i cant get ingame to see

i want to know if CCP are just carrying on like all is well and dandy

where is the update on wtf is going on ... ??

i have a char coming off training in 2 hours and a pos in a wh going without fuel before i can get back on tomorrow

thanks ccp well done



Are u still having problems logging in? Is there any significant issues that stand out you can explain?


its 11AM ET, scheduled DT



I would guess your quoting from your home view...?
Oraac Ensor
#723 - 2013-06-02 11:12:20 UTC
I seem to have had the opposite problem to that experienced by most.

I lost all access to the forums at around 03:00 UTC and still couldn't get in when I stopped trying at approx 05:15 UTC, so I was completely in the dark about what was happening. On the other hand I was able to log in to the game at about 04:15 UTC (no launcher problems for me - one advantage of not having a launcher! P).

Flying a shopping trip from Hek to Rens and back without encountering another player during the entire round trip is an experience I doubt that I'll repeat any time soon.
Daveion Steel
Steel Capital investments
#724 - 2013-06-02 11:13:29 UTC
Update needed, I know we can log on, but update needed, how goes it CCP?


.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#725 - 2013-06-02 11:15:01 UTC
Woah, I logged off at about 11pm UTC and just tried to log back in and saw all these launcher problems. Feel sorry for all those people with skills in training and pos fuel running out etc. I am dreading to think of what will happen when odyssey is implemented.

Also scrapping the launcher would be completely stupid, and has nothing to do with the quote you posted from Hilmar. The difference is the new launcher is actually good if it works. And seeing as it was just released they need time to iron out any problems.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#726 - 2013-06-02 11:16:01 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
I seem to have had the opposite problem to that experienced by most.

I lost all access to the forums at around 03:00 UTC and still couldn't get in when I stopped trying at approx 05:15 UTC, so I was completely in the dark about what was happening. On the other hand I was able to log in to the game at about 04:15 UTC (no launcher problems for me - one advantage of not having a launcher! P).

Flying a shopping trip from Hek to Rens and back without encountering another player during the entire round trip is an experience I doubt that I'll repeat any time soon.

hehe you had the whole of eve to yourself and you went on a shopping trip? Wasted opportunity there my friend.
evedawn
Omnipresent Sovereign 7 Corp
#727 - 2013-06-02 11:21:05 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
I seem to have had the opposite problem to that experienced by most.

I lost all access to the forums at around 03:00 UTC and still couldn't get in when I stopped trying at approx 05:15 UTC, so I was completely in the dark about what was happening. On the other hand I was able to log in to the game at about 04:15 UTC (no launcher problems for me - one advantage of not having a launcher! P).

Flying a shopping trip from Hek to Rens and back without encountering another player during the entire round trip is an experience I doubt that I'll repeat any time soon.




Yeah it seamed to be a common problem that not only could we not log in but could not connect to important internet sites to find out what was going on.
Thought my computor had sucked a kumara NZ term for sweet potatoe.... :)
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Holdings
#728 - 2013-06-02 11:21:09 UTC
Drunco wrote:
EXEFILE did NOT WORK FOR ME.

It does start the client, but shows server offline.


it doesn't work for me either - keeps applying a 23MB patch. When it does launch the launcher it's in f*cking Russian FFS!

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

evedawn
Omnipresent Sovereign 7 Corp
#729 - 2013-06-02 11:23:03 UTC
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:
Woah, I logged off at about 11pm UTC and just tried to log back in and saw all these launcher problems. Feel sorry for all those people with skills in training and pos fuel running out etc. I am dreading to think of what will happen when odyssey is implemented.

Also scrapping the launcher would be completely stupid, and has nothing to do with the quote you posted from Hilmar. The difference is the new launcher is actually good if it works. And seeing as it was just released they need time to iron out any problems.



Ive still got to find out wether the pos fuels & training was effected???
Cpt Korg
911th Truth Squadron
#730 - 2013-06-02 11:23:34 UTC
Why is my eve launcher showing in Russian as well as the login page for this site?
Grymkhaos Badazz
Calibrated Chaos
#731 - 2013-06-02 11:24:11 UTC
Cpt Korg wrote:
Why is my eve launcher showing in Russian as well as the login page for this site?

+1 would also like to know that
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Holdings
#732 - 2013-06-02 11:25:04 UTC
Cpt Korg wrote:
Why is my eve launcher showing in Russian as well as the login page for this site?


I get this, even though I have English selected as the language. There's only a small difference between the two obviously...

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Oraac Ensor
#733 - 2013-06-02 11:25:35 UTC
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:
Wasted opportunity there my friend.

Nope. No players meant no suicide gankers - a circumstance that I made good use of.
evedawn
Omnipresent Sovereign 7 Corp
#734 - 2013-06-02 11:26:11 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
Drunco wrote:
EXEFILE did NOT WORK FOR ME.

It does start the client, but shows server offline.


it doesn't work for me either - keeps applying a 23MB patch. When it does launch the launcher it's in f*cking Russian FFS!




I would try deleteing the launcher & applying repair.. sorry did not have fault only a guess.. hoping you fix..
Magnus Musana
Temple Integrated Security Services
#735 - 2013-06-02 11:28:19 UTC
I am back in, and everything seems to be running smoothly now!!


Please CCP, in the future, try to be more gentle with your toys... Roll
Oliver G
G Enterprises
#736 - 2013-06-02 11:29:57 UTC
Kristofer Zorb wrote:
I think everyone just needs to calm down. First quoting Helmar's Incarna apology and asking to scrap the new launcher is not productive and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that their having server problems.

Secondly, yes EVE may be down right now and has been for several hours. Based on some of the replies here it seems like most don't know the amount of work that it takes to keep a cluster of EVE's size running 23/7. The fact that this is one of very few times the servers have been unexpectedly down should be an indicator that CCP knows what their doing.

So I, for one, want to say thank you CCP. For working all night and busting your butts to get this resolved. Don't mind the negative nancy trollers here.


I must agree here. It is obvious that the infrastructure behind the EVE Online game is pretty chunky. Stuff happens, and since CCP already declared that they are working on the problem means that they keep an eye on their servers.

Everybody should chill out and wait until the problem has been resolved. If people have anything constructive or helpful to say they should do so. However, nobody here wants to read about a failure in setting up a decent skill-queue that is now running empty. The whining does not help.

Oh and by the way: I am in central Europe and experience absolutely no problems in logging in and playing...
evedawn
Omnipresent Sovereign 7 Corp
#737 - 2013-06-02 11:30:10 UTC
Magnus Musana wrote:
I am back in, and everything seems to be running smoothly now!!


Please CCP, in the future, try to be more gentle with your toys... Roll



:) I agree ..
Lilinallte Alleile
Game of Drones
Cyno.Up
#738 - 2013-06-02 11:30:48 UTC
evedawn wrote:
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:
Woah, I logged off at about 11pm UTC and just tried to log back in and saw all these launcher problems. Feel sorry for all those people with skills in training and pos fuel running out etc. I am dreading to think of what will happen when odyssey is implemented.

Also scrapping the launcher would be completely stupid, and has nothing to do with the quote you posted from Hilmar. The difference is the new launcher is actually good if it works. And seeing as it was just released they need time to iron out any problems.



Ive still got to find out wether the pos fuels & training was effected???


Not being able to log on and resupply the fuel or queueing more skills... easy to see where it's affected:)

And: these 'socket closed' issues are not from the last 24 hours, but are already active for 3 days. The launcher not working is linked to that, and with the few people mentioning a 23mb patch... there is no patch, so how did it get there:)

I am able to log in, but with random disconnects happening due to the 'socket closed' issue, it is not worth logging in and doing my usual exploration etc. runs in low sec... I'll sit this one out, and have made sure that both my accounts are in training for more than 6 days:)

Good luck! weather is nice here, so might actually go outside for a change...

Click https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=f95f73a0-8b2f-4dff-9945-0f6ad28e4fd1&action=buddy for a Buddy Invite...

Immortalmyth
Noble Guardians
#739 - 2013-06-02 11:31:43 UTC
it all goes abck to my last post about how stupid ccp is for fixing the damned launcher when it wasnt broken.

every fkn time ccp devs get a hard on we get shafted.. oh wait off topic..

srsly though ccp, STOP FIXING SH IT THAT ISNT BROKE!

another quality boot.ini

-imm
evedawn
Omnipresent Sovereign 7 Corp
#740 - 2013-06-02 11:35:27 UTC
Lilinallte Alleile wrote:
evedawn wrote:
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:
Woah, I logged off at about 11pm UTC and just tried to log back in and saw all these launcher problems. Feel sorry for all those people with skills in training and pos fuel running out etc. I am dreading to think of what will happen when odyssey is implemented.

Also scrapping the launcher would be completely stupid, and has nothing to do with the quote you posted from Hilmar. The difference is the new launcher is actually good if it works. And seeing as it was just released they need time to iron out any problems.



Ive still got to find out wether the pos fuels & training was effected???


Not being able to log on and resupply the fuel or queueing more skills... easy to see where it's affected:)

And: these 'socket closed' issues are not from the last 24 hours, but are already active for 3 days. The launcher not working is linked to that, and with the few people mentioning a 23mb patch... there is no patch, so how did it get there:)

I am able to log in, but with random disconnects happening due to the 'socket closed' issue, it is not worth logging in and doing my usual exploration etc. runs in low sec... I'll sit this one out, and have made sure that both my accounts are in training for more than 6 days:)

Good luck! weather is nice here, so might actually go outside for a change...


I normally have my pos fueled for 14 days or more so not that worried cheers...