These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

500mil for your opinion!

Author
Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#61 - 2013-05-26 09:55:09 UTC
Become a purely-focused T1 Capital pilot, and buy yourself plenty of Capitals to spare, then join FW and become adored for your beautiful capital reps and/or XL guns.

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Zippy Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2013-05-26 10:00:26 UTC
Nemoya Zelon wrote:
Friends have been taunting me for years to get back into the game and my willpower has now given out, so here I am. Anyhow, I have to start over because I sold my character to a friend before I left. It is now his main (with which he runs a small corp) so I feel as though asking for her back would be rather rude and in any case, not in the cards for me.

So my situation is thus: I have around ~50 billion in liquid isk, another ~10 bil (rough estimate) in various assets which I kept on a throw-away alt and I am looking to re-establish myself.

I know there's no right or wrong answer, but I'm quite curious to know what you would do?

500 million isk to the answer that I find the most insightful or amusing. ;)

Poke him untill he is on the floor, then carry on as usual and reactivate that alt of yours, then have fun playing :)
Astro Raider
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2013-05-26 10:53:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Astro Raider
My 2 cents (500 mil)

Well,

it all comes up to what kind of game play you had with your previous main, so if I was you, I would try to find a char with similar skills and buy it to start enjoying the game right way with the differences you certainly will find, I say this because I know that restart playing with a new char for a player that know the mechanics of the game can be frustrating for the time training will take, and as you are buying a ready to play char you can focus the skill time on another toon.

P.S. If you buy a char make sure it as the BC skills trained so you can fly all races.
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#64 - 2013-05-26 11:02:54 UTC
Ask your friends that play for advice and only come to the forums for LoLz, no good advice to be found here.
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#65 - 2013-05-26 11:06:42 UTC
[quote=Nemoya Zelon
I know there's no right or wrong answer, but I'm quite curious to know what you would do?
[/quote]
There is only one answer.

Have fun.

It's a game after all.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2013-05-26 11:08:08 UTC
You could just set up a little base of operations somewhere in lowsec, null or WH space if that's your thing. Take it easy, don't do idiotic **** like fit every last one of your ships with faction mods just because you can, learn / remind yourself how to do PvP and have some fun.

If you really do have all that isk you said you have, there's more than enough to keep you flying for the foreseeable future. Ofc if you want to act stupid, buy a couple of extremely pimped out faction battleships and get yourself ganked by some locals. You probably wont feel happy afterwards but it should be a rush losing that much isk in one go.
thorgil
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#67 - 2013-05-26 11:13:24 UTC  |  Edited by: thorgil
60B?

Call all your friends,make this C6 invincible and gank the rest of the world.
IceDe4d
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#68 - 2013-05-26 11:28:59 UTC
honest answer quit the game
SatWig
Samostalna Zanatska Radnja
#69 - 2013-05-26 11:48:52 UTC
Make a new acc or buy enuf GTC with isk or plex-es(couple of months worth of game time) and fund the new acc.,or this acc from which you are posting ,buy one of each ship you think you are going to nead.leawe yourself 100mil.
Then go in to one of the starting regions,find some starting newbie, and give the rest of the isk away to him.
Haw a few giggles when He seas his wallet tilting like a god damn pinball machine,chat a few sec with him then suicide gank him,will teach him the No1 lesion in EVE,DON'T TRUST ANYONE.
Then just play the god damn game from the start and enjoy it.
True Sight
Deep Freeze Industries
#70 - 2013-05-26 12:38:39 UTC
Waste it all on somerblink, eve poker or buying plex and a couple of characters. If you were bored and quit, being so rich there was nothing to aim for was probably part of the cause.

You don't need to mine, you don't need to rat, you don't need to mission etc, what's the point in doing any of those things when you have enough isk to buy pretty much anything you want?
Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-05-26 13:13:10 UTC
put the 50b down in patch spec now we are soo short before patch launch.

make form 50 > 200, buy new char, go kill stuff

Cassion Yenteri
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2013-05-26 13:36:42 UTC
I've barely scratched the dirty underbelly of this game but I didn't see you mention mining, scheming, scamming, or solo play. Become a solo bounty hunter. You have the resources and experience to do so. You can buy the most appropriate character which provides the core set of skills you need. Train up the other skills while you mobilize the resources you need to hunt down your victims. Never join a corp and contract only your help.

Nemoya Zelon wrote:
Kirjava wrote:
So, where have you been already?

Quitting in 2008, early in the year IIRC, puts me behind most of the newer developments. I did the nullsec empire bit, blobbed with ye old kitchen sink bs fleets, manufactured for the corp while I was out there, got space-rich building some T2 stuff. vOv

I know that I want nothing to do with corp or POS management and mandatory stratops, but that's about it.

Zippy Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2013-05-26 14:23:20 UTC
Nemoya Zelon wrote:

Quitting in 2008, early in the year IIRC, puts me behind most of the newer developments. I did the nullsec empire bit, blobbed with ye old kitchen sink bs fleets, manufactured for the corp while I was out there, got space-rich building some T2 stuff. vOv

I know that I want nothing to do with corp or POS management and mandatory stratops, but that's about it.

Buy say a 20-50mill sp toon, and join goons/test/razor any of the big alliances im sure you could get pos management roles after a bit, plenty of ops.
Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2013-05-26 14:39:38 UTC
Buy a decent carrier pilot/ second account. Get a t3 account/ battleship toon, And hit up a wormhole corp. they are just fun.
or go in and take a system! Wh's are by far one of the best aspects of eve. And if you haven't tried them before you should!
Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2013-05-26 15:42:07 UTC
I would go to lowsec. Buy a few Vindicators as heavy assault ships, buy a T3 Loki pilot as a support, and crash down the door. Pirate

Talos works too. Talos always works.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Pharaik
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2013-05-26 15:50:38 UTC
Find a fun group of guys n gals, fly with them for a while, get back into the EVE mentality then take it from there. I wouldn't sink any isk into a character or a so called "investment" because you might be bored again within 2 weeks of coming back if u don't have a purpose or direction.

Worst thing to do is create a corp, your out of touch and starting from scratch.

Surf the forums and join the recruitment channel, see who's out there. And don't dwell on your sold character. Its a done deal and i doubt u'll ever get him back.

And remember its a game not a 2nd job. HAVE FUN!
Obunagawe
#77 - 2013-05-26 15:51:32 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
Buy a decent carrier pilot/ second account. Get a t3 account/ battleship toon, And hit up a wormhole corp. they are just fun.
or go in and take a system! Wh's are by far one of the best aspects of eve. And if you haven't tried them before you should!

You cannot simply walk into a Wormhole Corp.
Mr LaboratoryRat
Confederation of DuckTape Lovers
#78 - 2013-05-26 16:31:50 UTC
My honest advice, form someone who's playing eve for too long and done everything in eve:

Turn around and go quit again, now you still can....
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2013-05-26 16:35:15 UTC
Do a barrel roll?

No. You can't do that in this game, submarine physics and all. Get yourself a character, but not one that is particularly good. I'd say around the 20 or 30mil mark? Depends on focus; lower SP for more focused toons, higher SP for toons that are a bit slapdash but can field a decent range of stuff so are fun. Obviously don't get one that's rubbish. I really wouldn't recommend spending outside the 7-10bil range, otherwise you'll either spend too long training necessary skills to fly a range of shinies or you just won't have that integral part of the game, which is waiting for what you want.

Then buy me a nyx cause, y'know, I'm a swell guy.

Dodixie > Hek

Nemoya Zelon
Doomheim
#80 - 2013-05-26 17:51:16 UTC
Well, I've now sent out 500mil to two of the best candidates since I couldn't decide!

This thread is quite amusing so feel free to keep the ideas coming and I'll continue to reward gems as I see them.