These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

500mil for your opinion!

Author
Daedalus II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2013-05-27 21:04:42 UTC
Find a couple of like minded people with similar amount of cash, buy a couple of POS towers, capitals and supercapitals, break into some nullsec area and see for how long you can survive before one of the powerblocks waste you :)
Masuka Taredi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2013-05-27 21:23:04 UTC
Nemoya Zelon wrote:
Friends have been taunting me for years to get back into the game and my willpower has now given out, so here I am. Anyhow, I have to start over because I sold my character to a friend before I left. It is now his main (with which he runs a small corp) so I feel as though asking for her back would be rather rude and in any case, not in the cards for me.

So my situation is thus: I have around ~50 billion in liquid isk, another ~10 bil (rough estimate) in various assets which I kept on a throw-away alt and I am looking to re-establish myself.

I know there's no right or wrong answer, but I'm quite curious to know what you would do?

500 million isk to the answer that I find the most insightful or amusing. ;)

If it were me in your position? Look out for a corp or alliance that seems your kind of outfit. Buy an alt able to fly a carrier well then get into a space holding alliance. Rather than a renter corp. Or join an alliance that is wanting to take sov for itself. Just for the love of all things holy. SHAKE UP 0.0!
Pitrolo Orti
Doomheim
#103 - 2013-05-27 21:24:12 UTC
Most of these ideas are ********...go buy a new toon and enjoy eve with your RL friends even plex some of them and show them the game!

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2013-05-28 01:11:07 UTC
Daedalus II wrote:
Find a couple of like minded people with similar amount of cash, buy a couple of POS towers, capitals and supercapitals, break into some nullsec area and see for how long you can survive before one of the powerblocks waste you :)

This.

Pool up with the multi-billionaires of EVE and form a corporation with faction stations, and DED mods on everything from rookie frigates to Capitals... of course, Supercapitals and Titans should be officer fit.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#105 - 2013-05-28 02:25:04 UTC
Use the money to start a rookie PvP corp near Jita. Name it "Violet". Declare war on Red and Blue.

Turn RvB into R-V-B.
DSpite Culhach
#106 - 2013-05-28 05:45:22 UTC
Nexus Day wrote:
Use the money to start a rookie PvP corp near Jita. Name it "Violet". Declare war on Red and Blue.

Turn RvB into R-V-B.

I think what you mean is start a Green Corp, then it will be R-G-B.
Heck. I'd join Green me thinks.

I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

DSpite Culhach
#107 - 2013-05-28 13:40:43 UTC
Actually on a serious note, how much capital do people think it would take to start a brand new merc corp, take over Rancer then charge some basic fees for keeping that low sec pipe clear of pirates for freighting players?

Could be just some basic toll fees, and pretty sure lots of people would jump on that.

I mean, if you want emergent gameplay, this idea is as good as any.

I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

Adamai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2013-05-28 14:52:15 UTC
im not looking to gain 50 billion isk but 500 mill wouldnt be wasted so here it goes.

with your 44.5 billion remaining isk, YOU COULD !! perhaps pay all the noob corps with lots of members you can find to come together and build a huge noob alliance and give them the isk to fund said alliance and state it must be anti goon.

that is how goons started after all..

they swarmed into eve as a pi9le of ******** noobs formed corps all over the place created an alliance and just suicide ganked their way into null.

thats what i would do create a new eve evil.. to start this creation of yours could terrorise empire. i foresee thousands of new pilots flocking to this new opportunity to get to the top.

feel free to send me 1 billion isk ;) i could certainly use it.
Adamai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-05-28 15:07:09 UTC
Adamai wrote:
im not looking to gain 50 billion isk but 500 mill wouldnt be wasted so here it goes.

with your 44.5 billion remaining isk, YOU COULD !! perhaps pay all the noob corps with lots of members you can find to come together and build a huge noob alliance and give them the isk to fund said alliance and state it must be anti goon.

that is how goons started after all..

they swarmed into eve as a pi9le of ******** noobs formed corps all over the place created an alliance and just suicide ganked their way into null.

thats what i would do create a new eve evil.. to start this creation of yours could terrorise empire. i foresee thousands of new pilots flocking to this new opportunity to get to the top.

feel free to send me 1 billion isk ;) i could certainly use it.

you know what!! ??

thats actually a fantastic way to start a new corp/alliance. give it a huge target like that and get the people required on board. should have thought of that earlier.
Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2013-05-28 16:39:03 UTC
Figure out which of those assets you want to keep and which you can part with. Have a reputable corp transport the items to where you need it to be via contract. The rest you can sell off as a group, separately, or reprocess.
Untanas Volmyr
Perkone
Caldari State
#111 - 2013-05-28 18:28:57 UTC
What wouldn't I do with all that resource. I'd probably goof around without a care laughing the whole time. Its all good! Im rich ahahah.

Murphy's Technology Law - If your not thoroughly confused. Then you were not thoroughly informed.