These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Launcher not working? - LOOK HERE

First post First post
Author
NobleForce
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#281 - 2013-05-21 20:18:26 UTC
Mhax Arthie wrote:
Adnot Rexx wrote:
YOU CAN GET AROUND THE LAUNCHER.

Navigate to and run the following EXE - CCP\EVE\Bin\ExeFile.exe

RESUME YOUR DAILY CAPSULEERING

This worked for me!

This works, thanks!
rswfire
#282 - 2013-05-21 20:23:06 UTC  |  Edited by: rswfire
Spinestalker Minah wrote:
Only if you hold my hand while I'm clicking on that damn repair.exe
The hell, you're so persistent I'm going to give you a like :)

Your comment made me laugh. :)

Are you sure repair is actually running all the way through and not just freezing soon after starting? You may have a program running on your computer (completely unrelated to Eve) that prevents it from doing so. I only had to run the repair tool once, but only after closing Remote Desktop Connection. There is a myriad of programs that might have similar conflicts, so try closing everything you can and then run Repair...unless you're certain it is actually running all the way through. That's all I've got. Sorry it's not much.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#283 - 2013-05-21 20:23:27 UTC
Spinestalker Minah wrote:
Only if you hold my hand while I'm clicking on that damn repair.exe
The hell, you're so persistent I'm going to give you a like :)

Just keep clicking
Kinis Deren
Mosquito Squadron
D0GS OF WAR
#284 - 2013-05-21 20:25:35 UTC
For those, like me, with no success in running the repair tool and getting protocol issues. I just ran Chribba's Fix and I am now in the game.

I downloaded the .zip file and extracted it to my EVE folder as the destination. I then right clicked the EVEexe.exe file in the \bin folder and ran as administrator. The client window opened normally and I could log in.

<3 Chribba
Newbie Ned
Real Nice And Laidback Corporation
#285 - 2013-05-21 20:27:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Newbie Ned
None of these fixes work for me :(

If I run the repair tool I get "errors occurred" and pointed towards the log file which I can't post here as it keeps saying no HTML when I paste it in.

Patience wearing................................

EDIT: Kept trying different things and it finally worked, not sure what did it, though. All my settings were gone but a log out (after setting long skill!) and log in using my usual shortcut restored everything.
Wulf Tarkin
Electric Sun Associates
#286 - 2013-05-21 20:28:34 UTC
Tried everything, currently the repair tool for the launcher is hanging, doing nothing, and the client shows "Incompatible (Protocol)."

Wonderful.
Mardante Soliest
Realm of the Forgotten
#287 - 2013-05-21 20:31:00 UTC
Wulf Tarkin wrote:
Tried everything, currently the repair tool for the launcher is hanging, doing nothing, and the client shows "Incompatible (Protocol)."

Wonderful.

Close the client, delete the processes from your taskmanager and run the repair tool again.

There is no easy way.

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#288 - 2013-05-21 20:31:13 UTC
None of the fix are working.

Running eve.exe, exefile.exe as administrator, running repair.exe, installing the new launcher given by OP...

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

ForceM
POS Builder Inc.
#289 - 2013-05-21 20:31:17 UTC
Ken 1138 wrote:
Ok i have it working again here. By the way CCP or knowledgeable EVE peeps. EVE as a folder is 17.5 gb. Is that normal it is so big?

You can make your eve folder smaller by deleting the patch files.
There in your main eve folder with names like:

EVE_Online_xxxxxx-xxxxxx_win.patch
All these files can be deleted and will clean up a few Gig in space easily.
rswfire
#290 - 2013-05-21 20:31:20 UTC
Wulf Tarkin wrote:

Wonderful.

You have something running on your computer that is incompatible with the repair tool. Let it hang, then start closing programs on your computer (kill them if necessary) and once the conflicting program is shut down, the repair tool will start running immediately.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#291 - 2013-05-21 20:31:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Eugene Kerner
Wulf Tarkin wrote:

Wonderful.

"incompatible protocol" here as well....
**** that I do not have time for this ****. good night.

(AND I cant inject skills now...one account will eventually run empty!11elf)

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Charlie Jacobson
#292 - 2013-05-21 20:33:19 UTC
Wulf Tarkin wrote:

Wonderful.

It took about 15 minutes for me from the time I started the repair tool to the time the repair window actually popped up. Then another 10 minutes for it to actually start repairing. Once that was done I could start Eve.exe to log in and play. The launcher still doesn't work for me, though.
vyshnegradsky
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#293 - 2013-05-21 20:35:23 UTC
any idea what this is? nothing seems to fix it

Error code: 4AB067F5-7D56-4E04-BCCC-9858CD7F3D00

This one's a bit over the edge guys.

Locked for breaking... well, pretty much all the rules.

• CCP Falcon
Jade Kardon
Cosmos Collective
Goonswarm Federation
#294 - 2013-05-21 20:36:44 UTC
I tried closing down things until repair.exe would work. Still nothing.

Finally worked after I deleted all my past patches in EVE folder and then ran it again. Unlikely that that is what was stopping it, but maybe worth a go.
Lucien Eisenhart
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#295 - 2013-05-21 20:48:26 UTC
That worked for me too.

All previous patches deleted and ran the tool. Now looking at the new launcher window.
Dysentia Auroun
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#296 - 2013-05-21 20:51:08 UTC
Hey, could be worse, at least this time Windows will load again if you restart your computer!
Siwena
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#297 - 2013-05-21 20:51:17 UTC
Just a heads up , if after downloading the new launcher you still can't use the repair tool ( mine was referring me to some log telling me couldn't connect to server)

Download the latest repair.exe file from here:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Client_Repair_Tool

Then switch that new repair.exe from the old one in the main eve folder.

Be patient, took some time to open and start but in the end it worked.

I was then able to start the game using the exefile.exe in ...\EVE\bin

Good luck
Spinestalker Minah
afkok
#298 - 2013-05-21 20:52:16 UTC
Just received the new launcher and looks like everything is fine. Thanks CCP
AngelFood
#299 - 2013-05-21 21:01:37 UTC
After following these instructions, it broke more. After 2 repair attempts it said repair was successful. Running eve.exe now gives this message

Unsupported 16-Bit Application

The program or feature ''target line' cannot start or run due to incompatibity (this word is actually spelt like this in the error window) with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the bla bla bla never gonna happen.

strange that the sisi is doing the exact same thing. I didn't mind that though because the changes on sisi are a joke and I wanted to play eve before it turns into an xbox game.
Kerrigan Roberts
Cruisers Crew
The Initiative.
#300 - 2013-05-21 22:09:48 UTC
The launcher starts up (after I repaired it) and recognizes my Account, but nothing happens when I click play. It says launching, but nothing happens. wtf?