These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Alliance Tournament XI... and a call for commentators!

First post First post
Author
Chisel Tan
Panic Stations.
#101 - 2013-05-16 13:31:17 UTC
I approve of the rule change regarding alliance membership, and am looking forward to the tournament. Good move.

I think the few self-entitled asshats in this thread are just kicking up a fuss where none is needed because it sounds like they've already been thought of, and so will be allowed to compete as they did before. Some ego checking is in order.
Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#102 - 2013-05-16 14:22:09 UTC
I got the impression I'd been thought of and therefore won't be allowed to compete, but I could be wrong.
Unforgiven Storm
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#103 - 2013-05-16 14:42:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Shadoo wrote:
Tyrrax Thorrk wrote:
None of those are anywhere near as good as the alliance tournament , NEO was pretty much garbage and SCL is only really good as practise for the CCP tournaments so yes that isn't enough high level esports opportunities

Alliance Tournament is also the only one with prizes worth a significant amount.

But hey at least this rule makes it easier for PL to finally reclaim its tourney throne ;P


How do you determine "good"? I considered SCL #3 probably the most competitive EVE esports even I've ever watched so far. Is that not a definition of "good"?

Or are you talking about price pool? Is NEO (in theory) with a 10,000$ cash pool + other stuff not better for small teams?
*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal

Or are you talking about exposure/viewership? I agree in that sense Alliance Tournament is indeed "good", but surely it's "good" because we are following our arch-enemies, our "friends" we love to see fail and our real friends we'd like to see succeed. Is it not better if people like SOLAR, Red Alliance, Goonswarm, TEST Alliance, etc etc etc are competing than let's say a new alliance called "Lord Commander Jon Snow Dies" which is made out of 20 160mil SP characters and only exists during the summer.

It seems like a very sound strategy to bring the "Alliance" back to the "Alliance Tournament" and put the exceptional teams to New Eden Open with team-oriented prices. And as you well know -- Pandemic Legion loses in every tournament, no matter of the format or people participating.


this ^

its called ALLIANCE Tournament

In my opinion, this Tournament is not about EVE sports, this is a measuring d*cks sizes between the most active and prolific alliances in EVE to see who has the biggest one.

That's is why I watch this Tournament and I don't even bother or care about any other EVE Tournament.

So please, stop ruining this only moment of the year for us, players that are in an Alliance, that considers their home, that will fight for it until their last ship they have in the stations and stop crying and talk about pro sports and competitive teams and PVP **** for a moment, step back and look to the bigger picture:

this is about ALLIANCES brawling to see who has the biggest d*ck and that is it.

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#104 - 2013-05-16 15:15:12 UTC
You know it's not yours right?
StarFleetCommander
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#105 - 2013-05-16 15:41:57 UTC
Tyrrax Thorrk wrote:
My home alliance is Dystopia, just because one of my chars is in PL most of the time doesn't make it my home alliance, nor have I ever had anything to do with their AT, NEO or SCL teams.

Most of my characters are in Dystopia, the alliance I actually own and run.
But hey if you guys just made this rules change to be dicks which is what it sounds like there won't be a Tyrrax on team Tyrrax.


I vote for Tyrrax moving back to Dystopia :) +1
Draekas Darkwater
Frank Exchange of Views
#106 - 2013-05-16 17:33:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
Shadoo wrote:
Tyrrax Thorrk wrote:
None of those are anywhere near as good as the alliance tournament , NEO was pretty much garbage and SCL is only really good as practise for the CCP tournaments so yes that isn't enough high level esports opportunities

Alliance Tournament is also the only one with prizes worth a significant amount.

But hey at least this rule makes it easier for PL to finally reclaim its tourney throne ;P


How do you determine "good"? I considered SCL #3 probably the most competitive EVE esports even I've ever watched so far. Is that not a definition of "good"?

Or are you talking about price pool? Is NEO (in theory) with a 10,000$ cash pool + other stuff not better for small teams?
*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal

Or are you talking about exposure/viewership? I agree in that sense Alliance Tournament is indeed "good", but surely it's "good" because we are following our arch-enemies, our "friends" we love to see fail and our real friends we'd like to see succeed. Is it not better if people like SOLAR, Red Alliance, Goonswarm, TEST Alliance, etc etc etc are competing than let's say a new alliance called "Lord Commander Jon Snow Dies" which is made out of 20 160mil SP characters and only exists during the summer.

It seems like a very sound strategy to bring the "Alliance" back to the "Alliance Tournament" and put the exceptional teams to New Eden Open with team-oriented prices. And as you well know -- Pandemic Legion loses in every tournament, no matter of the format or people participating.


this ^

its called ALLIANCE Tournament

In my opinion, this Tournament is not about EVE sports, this is a measuring d*cks sizes between the most active and prolific alliances in EVE to see who has the biggest one.

That's is why I watch this Tournament and I don't even bother or care about any other EVE Tournament.

So please, stop ruining this only moment of the year for us, players that are in an Alliance, that considers their home, that will fight for it until their last ship they have in the stations and stop crying and talk about pro sports and competitive teams and PVP **** for a moment, step back and look to the bigger picture:

this is about ALLIANCES brawling to see who has the biggest d*ck and that is it.


Alliance Epeen is already measured daily on Tranquility, through kill boards, sov maps, ect, and even out of the game on forums for example. Those are alliance wide efforts.

The AT teams aren't alliance wide efforts, they are small groups or organized individuals who (the good ones anyway) spend weeks/months practicing together. The "alliance" restriction is basically just an arbitrary restriction on who can play on a certain team.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#107 - 2013-05-17 00:57:50 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed several rule breaking posts (and those that quoted them) and edited out some personal attacks.
Please people, keep it on topic, constructive and above all civil!

Thread unlocked.

2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

30. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

CCP operate a zero tolerance policy on abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling, “outing” of CCP employee or ISD volunteer player identities, and the use of any former player identities when referring to the aforementioned parties.

Our forums are designed to be a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a polite and friendly manner for the betterment of EVE Online. Players who attack or abuse employees of CCP, or ISD volunteers, will be permanently banned from the EVE Online forums across all their accounts with no recourse, and may also be subject to action against their game accounts.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

JEFFRAIDER
THIGH GUYS
#108 - 2013-05-17 06:53:54 UTC
I've often argued for CCP to do a ruling to eff Tyrrax outta the AT w/ no notice and no chance for him to fix it.

So CCP I thank you.

Can't wait to get named AT victors after we get DQ'd during the prelims.

JEFFRAIDER
Pandemic Legion
Spock Dies In Star Trek 2 Coalition
Titus Veridius
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#109 - 2013-05-17 09:39:23 UTC

Seriously,

You fucks.

If you weren't the designers of my favorite game....

Love Titus Veridius
Ra1ne
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2013-05-17 09:48:02 UTC
posts being deleted? sure this was over 120 yesterday when i looked.


Incidentally i will add that that this is rather sneaky on ccp's part.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#111 - 2013-05-17 10:34:27 UTC
Hey guys, CCP Gargant and I have been keeping a close eye on the community petition queue and we have seen and considered every petition there so far. We're going to hold off on announcing most decisions so far until we have had a chance to discuss them with the wider team, but I wanted to make sure you all knew that we have not forgotten anyone.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Longdrinks
Zero Fun Allowed
#112 - 2013-05-17 11:08:52 UTC
cool rulechange, nice whining A++ would read thread again
Glasgow Dunlop
The Dark Space Initiative
Initiative Mercenaries
#113 - 2013-05-17 11:21:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Glasgow Dunlop
When do we sign up? Big smile

Teams that is. . . .

@glasgowdunlop #tweetfleet

TDSIN Director : Join 'TDSIN pub' for more info, Join today!

Glasgow EVE Meets Organiser

DHB WildCat
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#114 - 2013-05-17 12:53:07 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys, CCP Gargant and I have been keeping a close eye on the community petition queue and we have seen and considered every petition there so far. We're going to hold off on announcing most decisions so far until we have had a chance to discuss them with the wider team, but I wanted to make sure you all knew that we have not forgotten anyone.



thank you for keeping us updated. I hope you will consider everyone. I completely understand the rule, however I do know that there are a lot of situations that include a lot of people that have posted here, that hopefully will be allowed to join there teams. The tournament is better off, imo, with some of the names people can recognize. For example, Tyrrax and his fun crazy set-ups that sometimes succeed in the most entertaining ways, and groups like 8cas, that do fly together under a corp, but form an alliance to be able to participate in the tournies. Most of everyone that has posted here has a deep root in the tourney and it wouldn't be the same or as fun without them.

I truly do appreciate you guys taking us all into consideration. If you don't mind, can you give us updates periodically on the petitions? Things like group meet today and discussed things, will meet again tommarrow. That way those of us, hoping will have some sort of updates from time to time.

Thank you,

WildCat
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#115 - 2013-05-17 13:06:37 UTC
DHB WildCat wrote:

I truly do appreciate you guys taking us all into consideration. If you don't mind, can you give us updates periodically on the petitions? Things like group meet today and discussed things, will meet again tommarrow. That way those of us, hoping will have some sort of updates from time to time.


There's probably nothing more important to do two weeks before an expansion.

.

DHB WildCat
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#116 - 2013-05-17 13:16:08 UTC
Roime wrote:
DHB WildCat wrote:

I truly do appreciate you guys taking us all into consideration. If you don't mind, can you give us updates periodically on the petitions? Things like group meet today and discussed things, will meet again tommarrow. That way those of us, hoping will have some sort of updates from time to time.


There's probably nothing more important to do two weeks before an expansion.




don't get me wrong, by no means do I think this should take priority over the game itself. I was just asking if they had an extra 5 mins, if they could keep us updated.
Leucy Kerastase
650BN
#117 - 2013-05-17 13:42:04 UTC
Dev blog wrote:
the format will become a 1 - 2 - 1 type rather than the 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 that we saw in the NEO


Um, excuse me, what part of the NEO rule is the above referring to? (Is this the right place to ask? Shocked)

Is it this part?

NEO rules wrote:
Bans are done sequentially in alternating order. For example Team A will take the first ban, Team B will take the second ban, Team A will take the third ban and Team B will finish the banning phase with the fourth ban.


Meaning like, at AT XI, team A takes the first ban, then the 2nd and 3rd bans are taken at the same time by both teams, and then team B takes the last ban?
Professor Clio
Apocalypse Lancers
Hole Tanking
#118 - 2013-05-17 13:55:19 UTC
I'm assuming it means team A gets first ban, then team B gets 2 bans, and team A gets final ban.
Andrea Griffin
#119 - 2013-05-17 14:55:28 UTC
I think the ban system is a great innovation from other tournaments and I'm happy to see it being included for the official alliance tournament.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#120 - 2013-05-17 16:25:28 UTC
Jaangel wrote:
Can someone please explain why the cut off for creating an alliance was before the time of the dev blog.


In the past certain groups of affiliated people have meta-gamed the hell out of AT by putting in multiple teams using multiple alliances, or creating alliances specifically for AT that would not exist for any other reason. This year, CCP dropped the deadline on us without notice. Thus, where your characters are now is where they will compete, or you simply won't compete.

The amount of QQ in this thread is awe-inspiring. It's like a river of delicious salty tears squeezed fresh from the tear ducts of the worst of the worst of the meta-gamers.

Rather than crying about how unfair this is on the forums, why don't you just form up your fleets in your current alliance and do you best? Stop complaining about how "unfair" this is, when it perfectly fair, and a far sight better than what has happened the the last couple ATs.

There is a phrase that is popular in Eve. What was it? heighten... horrid... harden... thats it. HTFU

And heres the video in case you forgot what that means.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY