These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Launcher issues and workarounds

First post
Author
Maia Posidana
JNU Corp.
#101 - 2013-04-27 00:59:10 UTC
I have not been able to log in on my own computer for nearly 3 weeks now. When launching I get the following error message:

"Client data is corrupted. Starting the application through the EVE Launcher will attempt to repair the data. A new installation must be downloaded manually if the issue persists."

I have redownloaded and reinstalled the client more than a dozen times so far and run the repair tool more times than I care to count. I have done 4 full virus scans with 4 different AV programs (and then removed them) and am convinced my computer is clean. I'm using Windows 7/64 The problem originally started when I tried to open the client on a public network that required a login (and I was not logged in) and it corrupted the launcher. This has happened before but was always fixxed when I reinstalled the client.

john marston talylor
VODCA GRUZOBIK
#102 - 2013-04-30 00:23:36 UTC
I Seem To Be Having Problems Downloading the eve online client does any one know what the problem could be
Abidal Trekt
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#103 - 2013-05-06 14:44:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Abidal Trekt
Firing up Eve this morning, the luancher is stuck on (2/4): Creating EVE_Online_514947-529690_win.patch 15.0%. On Windows 7 and have tried restarting.

Never you all mind. I used my reading skills to locate the repair.exe solution.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#104 - 2013-05-12 17:19:24 UTC
The EVE Launcher fails to delete the *.patch files after download and patching. I found .patch files from now to 6 months ago in a file. Nice waste of space.
Starfeather
Company of Freelancers - Holding Corp
#105 - 2013-05-14 18:46:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Starfeather
Got some problems with the launcher but wrote something about it in another thread.

I'm going to link to page 23 of the "Alternative way of patching"-Thread were i postet my questions.

Hopefully somebody could help me.

Edit: I'm unable to create a "click-this-and-get-redirectet"-Button (got a error from the board) so i quote myself:

Starfeather wrote:
Hey there fellas,

is somebody able to provide the latest ~500MB patch to play on sisi? (531180 - 531040)

The launcher did' not update the game properly. It get's up to 50% (were it should start the download) and stays there forever.
I don't know why. It occured the first time when the latest patch for tranq arrived (but i solved that by downloading the patch manually, thanks to you guys).

Playing for some years and never had any problems with the launcher. Nothing changed on my site Ugh

Starfeather wrote:
Seems to be a nice trick (downloading patches from content server) but i can't get it to work
for the SiSi patch i need.

EVE_Online_531180-534036_win.zip (567,52MB)

Somebody knows a way to get this file?

Launcher is still not updating. Move's up to 50% (download should start) and stops there.

Added the Logfile. Hopefully somebody could help.

Launcher Log File

Edit:

Another 12MB patch for TQ arrived and now i have the same problems with my main client.

Is there any way to browse the content server?

Edit2: >>> PROBLEM SOLVED !!!! <<<

I used the old SiSi Tool (1.35) to copy the neccesary content from my main Eve installation to a new path.
Autorepair found the patch and started the download. Sadly with only 20kb/s.
So i used the new Beta 3 Launcher (SiSi Forum) instead and with it it worked like charm :-)
Selix Hibra
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2013-05-21 14:59:58 UTC
Hi,

Is anyone experiencing problems with the game launcher?
Mine just patched to V 2.1.539169 and does not connect to the content server, and keeps restarting in Offline Mode.

Any ideeas?
Liandra Aele
Karna Space Explorers
#107 - 2013-05-21 15:03:38 UTC
I get this when i try to start the game. :(
And the worst part is that my skill queu is starting to get low.

"OFFLINE MODE
You are seeing this because no connection could be made to the content server or something went wrong while loading the online content"
nephalim3
Brothers from Another Mother
#108 - 2013-05-21 15:08:48 UTC  |  Edited by: nephalim3
I'm getting the same error. When the launcher loads at all (Sometimes it half loads with formatting issues and missing images). I got updated today to v.2.1.539169 as well.

Edit: Apparently this is the place to discuss the new broken launcher.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=238130

BTW i can stall start eve by starting the program evefile in the bin file in your eve install location
(i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\bin)
DingoGS
We are not bad. Just unlucky
#109 - 2013-05-21 15:16:16 UTC
HAving the same issue =/ "Tranquility Status Unknown" and "Offline Mode" in my launcher.
nephalim3
Brothers from Another Mother
#110 - 2013-05-21 15:18:10 UTC
Apparently this is the place to discuss the new broken launcher.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=238130

BTW i can stall start eve by starting the program evefile in the bin file in your eve install location
(i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\bin)
Last Ninja
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#111 - 2013-05-21 15:21:41 UTC
im getting the same problem screen shot here >

http://s7.postimg.org/6798rtah6/no_connection.jpg

I have tried the fix and it does not work.

this is a result of todays upgrade to launcher what is the fix .............
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#112 - 2013-05-21 15:24:40 UTC
DingoGS wrote:
HAving the same issue =/ "Tranquility Status Unknown" and "Offline Mode" in my launcher.

Working as intended. P

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

ZombieFX
Umbrella Chemical Inc.
#113 - 2013-05-21 15:31:32 UTC  |  Edited by: ZombieFX
New Louncher:

I enter pw+user... it says "enter as...."
but the PLAY button was greyed out!

win7
every patch u can imagen is installed.

it 1c said me something was not able to download... but closed it accidently to fast.

I tried some options and now it wont even show the louncher............ good one.
like the "old" louncher was so bad ..

... im pissed and cant image why u try to fix whats not brocken - AND ACUTALLY BREAK IT ! GOD
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#114 - 2013-05-21 15:36:47 UTC
Testing something before letting it go live is a good idea CCP. Might want to consider it. Roll

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Nomad I
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2013-05-21 15:39:32 UTC
Offline Mode : CCP has won the game
KING TERROR
Royal Dutch Secret Service
#116 - 2013-05-21 15:44:05 UTC  |  Edited by: KING TERROR
Nomad I wrote:
Offline Mode : CCP has won the game

+1

After a successful repair, a restart starts the same update again by eve.exe, which goes to the offlinemode with unknown version again.
Somebody included the wrong .exe?

The current version in the launcher: V 2.1.539169
ZombieFX
Umbrella Chemical Inc.
#117 - 2013-05-21 15:47:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ZombieFX
Managed to lounch it again.
Here s the text:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7621969/ccp.txt.html
http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/NoO1hqIub7.PNG << here. ss

btw EVE ONLINE isnt show right in my programm list.
"[tranlsation mission: EVERemoveOnly] - CCP Games"

and ur repair kid doesnt work or its like the installer - just downt shows any progress till its done. *cough* may work on that :)

lol... basic stuff.
Moloney
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2013-05-21 15:47:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Moloney
bah, aggro rant deleted....

Still this sucks
SimChon
Hand Of Midas
Tactical Farmers
#119 - 2013-05-21 16:09:06 UTC
I can't even get the launcher to come up old or new when I try to start it it gives me this. -> [url]http://screencast.com/t/kk7K383JjksG[/url]

The launcher also doesn't seem to even want to start since it just goes to 40k memory used and stops like it's not responding.

The repair tool does the same thing and tells me to see the log file -> [url]http://screencast.com/t/NFimzt5xZbM[/url]

I've tried fixing it with the information CCP has given us but nothing has worked....

Kaoraku Shayiskhun
Simple Designs
#120 - 2013-05-21 16:21:08 UTC
It would be awsome if CCP would try their stuff before release it instead of make clothes for more then 100 euros....

And I guess they want to get a bankrupt with killing multiboxing...