These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Launcher issues and workarounds

First post
Author
1Wild Banker
ISK-INVESTMENTS-CORP.
#61 - 2012-06-01 05:59:55 UTC
18 out of the last 32 days i have not been able to play eve
dew to the new launcher
i have 3 accounts 1 now expired
been playing eve for 4 years never a issue
till the new launcher
i have done all the steps asked then redone them
eve might work for a day or two then there will be a fix and its down again
right now nothing works
used the repair tool several times nothing
i am going on like 5 days straight not being able to log on
and soon my other accounts will expire
but i can afford to pay for a game i cant play
none of my accounts are training atm
i just want to play
can we get this thing fix please
Frustrated
Hazell D'ark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-06-28 03:20:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Hazell D'ark
Hi there
i been having and issue since the inferno 1.1 was updated . i cannot update 384443 to the current patch . i have looked at the internet issues and decided to use a proxy to see if it can solve the problem and it works and updates with no problem but i cant play with a proxy due to almost 1 sec latency . but here's the deal :
as soon as i open the launcher without a proxy server it rolls back to 384443 again .
i have tried another PC and the issue still hunts me !
honestly after 3 days of trying to fix this i dont know what else i could try ( i just spent 6h scanning 5tb to data for infection , installed a new windows , hit my head on the keyboard , sacrificed to the patch gods and etc)
PS : i have tried downloading the patch manually and it didnt happen .
Noriko Satomi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-07-05 03:06:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Satomi
Anyone else have the issue where the Launcher won't actually launch anything?

For me, since the last few patches (1.1 through 1.1.6) the launcher will patch, but once it's finished, clicking the play button sends it back into "verifying client", which then goes back to "client ready" but nothing happens. Looking at Task Manager, the launcher never actually starts EveFile.exe.

Firing up EveFile.exe directly works fine. So the launcher is merely a patcher for me now. (bug submitted)
Amber Coldheart
Doomheim
#64 - 2012-08-08 16:44:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Amber Coldheart
Noriko Satomi wrote:
Anyone else have the issue where the Launcher won't actually launch anything?

yeah, same here. I came back today after being gone for several years, and clicking play did absolutely nothing.. it greyed out for 5 or so seconds, then went back to yellow. No process started.

So i just launched the exe manually, which worked fine..

It was a really great way to come back :p


Edit : I can add that this was on a completely fresh install.
Moe Cislak
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2012-08-10 17:37:37 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=140144&find=unread

Experiencing this bug for several weeks now, my petitions have been unanswered. It worked for a day after the latest patch and now it's broken again.
Kharaxus
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2012-08-13 21:11:45 UTC
I am trying to download all current patches with "eve online launcher" and it says 1,40 gb to download. Last night I dl'd 600mb. Today it says 1.40 gb again. Is that normal?

At one point is it easier to just download the full client, rather than hoping the patches install clean. I am going from 360229 to 405666.

All that before I get into the other issues I may be having.
Clare Schereau
Kisana Investment Consortium
#67 - 2012-08-15 03:06:42 UTC
Never had problems before when I played Eve. Now with the launcher I can't get client to start. One night an error box pops up for MS DirectX3xd which I never had issues with before. Did a complete reinstall and the game worked. Now tonight I get another error message saying the files are corrupted. Request tickets filed for support are unanswered after 2 days.
Sorry I work hard for my pay.. it will go to another company that has a game I can at least access without having to reinstall every time I just want to login for an hour.

Time Hunt
Perkone
Caldari State
#68 - 2012-08-26 15:36:15 UTC
Yesterday I patched my Sisi Installation by opening it with the eve - shortcut from within my sisi installation folder. It opens up the Launcher Window just as the EVE Launcher does in my EVE Installation Folder and starts the patch. Everything is fine up to this point.

Now Today However when I open the Launcher from my Main EVE Installation Folder and once I hit play within the Launcher, it tries to connect to sisi. Once the Client opens I get the EULA Window showing up and at the bottom it says server: Singularity - incopatible version blablabla

How the hell did my SIS Shortcut **** up my Main EVE Launcher???


At least Iwas able to open up Tranquility by the regular eve.exe from the main Installation, howerver all my settings are not there, just as if i would be opening up eve for the first time. (again with the EULA Window poping up)

This Suxxx...
Truval Clev
Bluesky-Deepwell Cooperative
#69 - 2012-10-15 01:47:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Truval Clev
I run EVE off of Steam, and I can't find repair.exe or logserver.exe. Are these included in the Steam download somewhere?

Nevermind, found them!
AenS
UbiConcordia
#70 - 2012-10-15 11:10:51 UTC  |  Edited by: AenS
Hey guys,

Found some info that could help you. It's not a complete workaround (as it only works with the client but not with the Launcher):
[b]So I assume you have the client up to date somehow (like copying a fully patched working client folder on a portable HDD)[/b]

for people like me connecting through a proxy, here's where you put the proxy settings so that the client can connect to its server:

in the prefs.ini file ( [...]AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\h_ccp_eve_tranquility\settings )
you have the line "inputhost = localhost"
replace localhost by your proxy settings
save
and voilĂ  !

Launch the client directly with "ExeFile.exe" from your CCP/Eve/bin folder
Deucaliona
Penumbra Institute
#71 - 2012-10-15 23:41:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Deucaliona
Lost internet connection for a few minutes, now when i try to start the launcher it says it is corrupted and needs repair. After running the repairer multiple times, clearing cache disabling firewall i'm no closer to having Eve start. I wouldn't be in much of a hurry except that i have training completing soon.

>Edit: Started eve from the /bin folder. Took about 2 minutes to authenticate but got it started
Noriko Satomi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2012-11-18 23:56:52 UTC
Noriko Satomi wrote:
Anyone else have the issue where the Launcher won't actually launch anything?

For me, since the last few patches (1.1 through 1.1.6) the launcher will patch, but once it's finished, clicking the play button sends it back into "verifying client", which then goes back to "client ready" but nothing happens. Looking at Task Manager, the launcher never actually starts EveFile.exe.

Firing up EveFile.exe directly works fine. So the launcher is merely a patcher for me now. (bug submitted)

I checked the launcher logs and it kept asserting I had some older version; I didn't. But there was a file, honk.ini (in C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE on my machine), that said I had an older version. I renamed that file, and the launcher now works for me.
Hel Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2013-01-05 07:44:41 UTC
Hi, I am savagely annoyed. I get the following error when I start up the launcher "No connection could be made to the content server. Please make sure that your Internet connection is up and restart the Launcher." However I do have an internet connection... obviously. I have had this problem since I started playing EVE but i thought nothing of it because I could play the game none regardless, but now When I try to login the server status gives the following error "incompatible (Protocol)". Now, according to some other forums I read the protocol problem is caused by a need to update the client, which I can't do because of the launcher issue. I must say that for a game in which you pay a subscription the support is shocking, I have played free to play games where people seem to actually care that you can play.
PIRJANIN
Space Knights Templar
Jita Holding Inc.
#74 - 2013-01-05 19:11:41 UTC
http://clip2net.com/s/2FW2a Oops What am I am supposed to do? ANtivirus offline, firewall offline internet works fine, repair tool does not work(
Hel Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2013-01-06 18:54:20 UTC
PIRJANIN wrote:
http://clip2net.com/s/2FW2a Oops What am I am supposed to do? ANtivirus offline, firewall offline internet works fine, repair tool does not work(


Suffering from the same issue.
Amun Doshu
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#76 - 2013-01-10 12:21:41 UTC
read the other posts and compared to them i have just little to nothing issue with launcher. on win7 when i click on launcher icon it start an eve.exe, but nothing happens. then i click on launcher icon again, it start an other eve.exe but it close in seconds and start up the launcher. BUT if it want to patch, it say there is an eve.exe running and it cant patch so i have to force closing that eve.exe process and then click ok on the errormessage. then the patch is working and i can play...
Hel Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-01-16 06:11:04 UTC
Proxies...










Proxies cause an issue with the launcher.
At least this is true with Chrome- I am not sure about the other browsers. so go into Chrome menu- settings- advanced settings- proxy settings- LAN- settings- deselect the use proxies options.
Thorian Crystal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2013-02-19 17:35:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Thorian Crystal
It is really annoying when I click a web-link in the launcher and the page opens into the launcher. Then I can't even resize the launcher for reading the page. Also, the launcher is not my preferred, favorite, or any other way accepted browser. I use Firefox. No, I don't use IE as web browser. No, I don't use Eve launcher as web browser. It used to open in my favorite browser, but someone broke the launcher!
Pistonbroke
Super Villains
Pandemic Horde
#79 - 2013-02-19 22:23:07 UTC
Hel Ormand wrote:
Hi, I am savagely annoyed. I get the following error when I start up the launcher "No connection could be made to the content server. Please make sure that your Internet connection is up and restart the Launcher." However I do have an internet connection... obviously. I have had this problem since I started playing EVE but i thought nothing of it because I could play the game none regardless, but now When I try to login the server status gives the following error "incompatible (Protocol)". Now, according to some other forums I read the protocol problem is caused by a need to update the client, which I can't do because of the launcher issue. I must say that for a game in which you pay a subscription the support is shocking, I have played free to play games where people seem to actually care that you can play.


Same problem here.
NUKUNNI TRADING
Mini Bus Wankers
#80 - 2013-02-19 22:24:06 UTC
Pistonbroke wrote:
Hel Ormand wrote:
Hi, I am savagely annoyed. I get the following error when I start up the launcher "No connection could be made to the content server. Please make sure that your Internet connection is up and restart the Launcher." However I do have an internet connection... obviously. I have had this problem since I started playing EVE but i thought nothing of it because I could play the game none regardless, but now When I try to login the server status gives the following error "incompatible (Protocol)". Now, according to some other forums I read the protocol problem is caused by a need to update the client, which I can't do because of the launcher issue. I must say that for a game in which you pay a subscription the support is shocking, I have played free to play games where people seem to actually care that you can play.


Same problem here.


Same problem here