These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

It's All About Trust

First post
Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#61 - 2012-12-30 05:20:58 UTC
The problem comes from lack of consequences of killing a corp mate.
CCP obviously set it up so Corp mates could practice fighting.
But they need to fix it with the 'duel' flagging they discussed for general use extending into Corps.

As the current situation says either you trust, and eventually you will get screwed.
Or you don't trust, and everyone around you suffers.

Sure Eve is a cold hard Universe, but we probably just lost a bunch of new players who won't understand why on earth they got kicked. And thats nothing to do with 'Eve not being the game for them' or anything like that. They have no attachment to the game currently, so no reason to choose the game that they got randomly booted from a corp in over any other.
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-12-30 05:21:17 UTC
3 pages of idiots because EVE is so much better thanks to them. Welcome to skuzbucket EVE. It's why every other "sandbox" is in a toilet and EVE will be eventually too. Because they belong there.
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#63 - 2012-12-30 05:24:33 UTC
Not Politically Correct wrote:
Why is anyone concerned with the fit?

Why does anyone want to be near anything that they are trying to kill?

Sorry to bring a ray of RL in here, but I was taught not to take a knife to a fight where the other guy might be able call in an air strike.

Oh. That's right, this isn't RL.

I don't even...
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#64 - 2012-12-30 05:47:13 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I think everyone's missing the point... he claimed to have made a lot of isk mining. This is clearly a troll Evil

I made Billions mining.
Tens of Billions of Billions of ISK.
Like all careers, if you know what you are doing...

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#65 - 2012-12-30 05:59:38 UTC
Pewty McPew wrote:

You trusted a Goon? Once a Goon always a Goon. You got what you deserved and also learned an important lesson "NEVER TRUST A GOON"

I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale if you interested.

Emphasis added.

Man. I don't know what to tell you. That is an awesome loss. I know how that can bite... I used to be legit. But really... anyone who has anything to do with the goons will eventually get screwed. That is a FACT. I'm actually waiting with baited breath to see (not if but) how TEST Alliance Please Ignore deals with them. At some point there will be a falling out. At some point one will screw the other. It's just a matter of time and who goes first. Personally, I'm pulling for TEST because I like them better. But from the standpoint of precedence I would say the goons are holding most of the cards. I'm certain it will happen though...

But we humble and meager pods can only lose to goons. They are not miners. They are pro scammers. ...and you sir, just got taken for a goon ride.

Good read 4/10 (You'd have gotten more points if I didn't think you were a goon alt and that this was probably a veiled recruitment post for the goons...)

Signatures should be used responsibly...

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2012-12-30 06:11:52 UTC
Definitely a sad state of affairs. +1 LIKE for the OP.

Over the past few years I've watched Eve Online slowly turn into Grief Online.

A lot of UN-trustworthy players in this game now. More than likely the main reason a lot of players stay in NPC Corp.

Blink

DMC
Jamyl Khanid
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2012-12-30 06:14:51 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I think everyone's missing the point... he claimed to have made a lot of isk mining. This is clearly a troll Evil

I made Billions mining.
Tens of Billions of Billions of ISK.
Like all careers, if you know what you are doing...

In addition, not everyone is on the road to a trillion. For most people who pay with a credit card and play in moderation, 3-5 billion is a realistic goal. The 900 mill CNR loss still hurts but what really puts you out is a complete stranger so driven to make your game a pile of steaming crap. That isn't competition, sand box or in any way social behavior in an MMO setting. It's just strange people.
Mia Leusten
Doomheim
#68 - 2012-12-30 06:29:13 UTC
You got burned; live, learn and remember that it is internet spaceships. There was no reason to kick your entire corp full of newbies/bros out in the cold.

You need to be able to die in a fire laughing, and if you can't you are probably playing the wrong game.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#69 - 2012-12-30 06:37:59 UTC
Mia Leusten wrote:
You got burned; live, learn and remember that it is internet spaceships. There was no reason to kick your entire corp full of newbies/bros out in the cold.

You need to be able to die in a fire laughing, and if you can't you are probably playing the wrong game.

The poor newbies...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#70 - 2012-12-30 07:12:49 UTC
Take your assets, resign and hand it over to another active player.

Many years ago, I joined the Executor corp of a large alliance. The CEO of the corp and effectively the alliance saw people in that alliance doing things he didn't agree with. He pulled the corp and handed the alliance over to another corp. Establishing his own corp in a blue to the original alliance but soon after, he resigned and handed the corp off to another active member.

The new CEO took the corp out of the new alliance and put it in another one, where it became the executor corp of that alliance and now holds multiple stations in the North and is a prominent member of the CFC.

Imagine if Drakmor had done like you and had a tantrum, disbanded Clan Shadow Wolf. They would never have been in Fatal Ascension and I dare say, FA would not be where they are today.

It's too bad you had the unfortunate happening you had, OP but with all due respect? Grow up.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2012-12-30 08:53:31 UTC
He killed my CNR right outside of my home station. 994 million ISK down the tubes.

Could happen to anyone, it happens on a daily basis on some community, you just can't help it. That's why corp uses vouches or specific entry requirements for recruitment. Learn from it.

All the members of the corp are now in stasis and will be kicked as soon as they come out. Applications will be disabled permanently. I'm not going to quit the game, because I like it, but I would much rather fly solo, and auto-reject, than get another surprise like that.

You're a douchebag, nuff said.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#72 - 2012-12-30 09:02:14 UTC
Sarah Schneider wrote:
He killed my CNR right outside of my home station. 994 million ISK down the tubes.

Could happen to anyone, it happens on a daily basis on some community, you just can't help it. That's why corp uses vouches or specific entry requirements for recruitment. Learn from it.

All the members of the corp are now in stasis and will be kicked as soon as they come out. Applications will be disabled permanently. I'm not going to quit the game, because I like it, but I would much rather fly solo, and auto-reject, than get another surprise like that.

Yeah. The security deposit, for instance would mean such an action would make little sense.

Also, I bet now you've made a lot of newbies curious about awoxing. All it takes is a spot in a corp and something like a Catalyst.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kalishka Ulsguld
Sebiestor Tribe
#73 - 2012-12-30 14:28:34 UTC
Who is this unsung hero? I believe he deserves a yummy cake Lol.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#74 - 2012-12-30 15:01:37 UTC

'Nough said.

To be honest this is probably an extreme reaction you will probably look back on and reconsider.

If someone wants to be in your corp, ask them why. Then ask yourself if their answer can be achieved without them being in your corp.

It's also a good idea to get to know someone a bit more before trusting them with your prized possessions or allowing them a position of trust such as a scout or FC.

Talking to them on voice comms is another good idea.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#75 - 2012-12-30 15:04:00 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:

Yeah. The security deposit, for instance would mean such an action would make little sense.

Also, I bet now you've made a lot of newbies curious about awoxing. All it takes is a spot in a corp and something like a Catalyst.

I thought Awoxing was more about joining to take stuff rather than joining to gank?

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#76 - 2012-12-30 15:30:21 UTC
I like the bit where you had doubts about the new guy, so immediately handed a billion isk killmail to him on a silver plate.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#77 - 2012-12-30 15:32:34 UTC
OP, you could at least think about your corp members who have done nothing wrong.
If you don´t want them in your corp anymore, tell them to throw me an eve-mail or apply to my corp directly.

While our corp tax is a bit higher (5%), we do run missions and are very supportive of each other (ship replacement program, loans as well as other benefits for our members).

Anyway, good luck for you in the future!

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Ahvram
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#78 - 2012-12-30 15:39:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Ahvram
I felt a bit bad for you intill you posted your CNR fit. 7x heavy launchers on a CNR shows you are new to eve and fitting and had no business trying to run a corp in the 1st place.

Edit: looking back your entire fit is just plain bad for L4 running.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#79 - 2012-12-30 15:55:56 UTC
I've been playing since July of 2009. Had my ups and downs. Made a lot of ISK mining, lost a corp to an infiltrator, lost some expensive ships, blah, blah, blah.

Then I decided to start a mission running corp, and it was expanding nicely. 2.5% tax rate, Level 4 missions 18 hours a day even for people only 2 weeks old. It was a lot of fun helping them. Life was good.

Today I got an application from a 2007 player. +5.0 standing with Concord, no bounty, seemed like a nice guy, but there was a problem. He had been in both Goonswarm and Goonwaffe in 2010. So I asked him about that before accepting the application. He said that was a thing of the past, he had grown out of that phase.

Do you see where I am going now?

I accepted him and asked him along on a Level 4. He killed my CNR right outside of my home station. 994 million ISK down the tubes.

It was obviously my fault, as much for the things I did as the things I didn't do. But what's the result?

'Nough said.

You got owned by one guy with an old tag from GS, does this means something about GS, players in, corporations in said alliance? -it doesn't
It only proves how badly designed are corporation/alliance tools for grunts and leadership in it. It has nothing to do with GS, as far as I'm concerned that guy could come from HBC, Red Alliance, CVA, NC, or whatever other alliance.
Every single major alliance has special wings, scam, gank, trading, fuel etc. Some are just more vocal than the others but this should not discourage you from doing whatever in the game.

Step on, move on, tell yourself you just learned something and think about how you're going to avoid this next time or make sort the attempt miserably fails.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#80 - 2012-12-30 16:04:22 UTC
Hi,

I've had to remove a pretty offensive post and the ones quoting it.

Please don't go there again.

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]