These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If null sec is so bad Why the heck do you live there?????

First post
Author
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#101 - 2012-12-19 17:16:55 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:
A few years back I joined an alliance corp and went out to live in nullsec. I hated it, to be honest. I felt like a slave, and fleet fights were not as exciting as I imagined they would be.

Shrug, to each his own. It did appear as if the fleet commanders and leaders were having fun there.

You were not excited about...

Everyone align to planet x,y,z.
Everyone shoot bad guy #1
Everyone shoot bad guy #2
Everyone shoot bad guy #3
Warp
Warp back
Everyone shoot bad guy #4...

That was not amazing for you? P

Out of curiosity, what were you hoping it would be like?
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#102 - 2012-12-19 17:35:15 UTC
AstraPardus wrote:
Trendon Evenstar wrote:
I was born here. Skipped tutorial, read goonwiki, pod jumped to 0.0

I dont know any other way

Similar tale for me, minus the goon part.

Similar, plus the goon part.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#103 - 2012-12-19 17:38:16 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:
A few years back I joined an alliance corp and went out to live in nullsec. I hated it, to be honest. I felt like a slave, and fleet fights were not as exciting as I imagined they would be.

Shrug, to each his own. It did appear as if the fleet commanders and leaders were having fun there.

You were not excited about...

Everyone align to planet x,y,z.
Everyone shoot bad guy #1
Everyone shoot bad guy #2
Everyone shoot bad guy #3
Warp
Warp back
Everyone shoot bad guy #4...

That was not amazing for you? P

Out of curiosity, what were you hoping it would be like?

Well, I suppose I was hoping to find that "create your own empire" thing there. Ultimately I was just a number in somebody else's game. That's fine if you want some kid telling you every move you can make on vent.

Fleet fights were: let's spend 2 hours waiting around to have a ten minute fight that you accurately depicted above, minus the teenagers ranting on vent the entire time.

It's probably a lot more fun if you are in charge, I would imagine, but I have to listen to enough drama from my own kids to put up with more of the same during my free time.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#104 - 2012-12-19 17:39:54 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:

Nullsec corps & alliances that make you feel like a slave are terrible anyway & they make the rest of us look bad.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

AstraPardus
Earthside Mixlabs
#105 - 2012-12-19 17:44:54 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
AstraPardus wrote:
Trendon Evenstar wrote:
I was born here. Skipped tutorial, read goonwiki, pod jumped to 0.0

I dont know any other way

Similar tale for me, minus the goon part.

Similar, plus the goon part.

Yay, nullsec!

Nullsec = bestsec.
Every time I post is Pardy time! :3
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#106 - 2012-12-19 17:46:05 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:

Nullsec corps & alliances that make you feel like a slave are terrible anyway & they make the rest of us look bad.

I thought we were the evill blobber slave empire with all the pets.

Where did we go wrong?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#107 - 2012-12-19 17:47:14 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:
Well, I suppose I was hoping to find that "create your own empire" thing there. Ultimately I was just a number in somebody else's game.

Well I guess we could have an expansion where you make an empire of NPCs. Like an NPC corp, amirite insert random meme here

AstraPardus
Earthside Mixlabs
#108 - 2012-12-19 17:49:01 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:

My corp makes me feel like an asset, I am very pleased. :3
Every time I post is Pardy time! :3
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#109 - 2012-12-19 17:53:32 UTC
Because I enjoy the added risk and effort involved. Doing thigns in high sec feels pointless.

Everytime someone buys something I build, I feel that I'm contributing to something more.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#110 - 2012-12-19 17:56:51 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Doing thigns in high sec feels pointless.

Join Miniluv then try & repeat that to me in a month :smug:

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#111 - 2012-12-19 18:10:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tara Read
Lord Calus wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Ignorant words about how Nullsec works.

It is painfully obvious from this that you have never been to 0.0. Your information comes solely from EN24 and the forums.

Supers don't get dropped on people. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads, and maybe kinda sorta possibly on other supers.

The only function of a super carrier now is to shoot structures. POS guns, POCOs, IHUBs and stations. That is it.

The only function of a titan now is to shoot the above, the POS itself, and to bridge duders.

Don't try and profess knowledge you do not have, it makes you look silly.

Qualifier: The outlying r-tards who rat, mine, and gatecamp in titans are not included in the above.

Supers don't get dropped on people? I beg to differ my friend. http://evefusion.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=7219/

You can claim or twist whatever you like but the current state of Null creates a mindset of if you can't beat them join them. It's really quite simplistic and who would complain? if you held the majority of wealth in New Eden of course you'd want nothing to challenge it. That may not seem like an issue except with the current state of the game it is literally ruining the rest of the game around you for others.
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#112 - 2012-12-19 18:12:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Mistah Ewedynao
Could a mod please remove all these off topic replies? Thanks.

Except for a few, and of course the obligatory Goons playing games with Goons, I have learned some stuff here.

Not all good, but stuff anyway.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#113 - 2012-12-19 18:13:00 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Lord Calus wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Ignorant words about how Nullsec works.

It is painfully obvious from this that you have never been to 0.0. Your information comes solely from EN24 and the forums.

Supers don't get dropped on people. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads, and maybe kinda sorta possibly on other supers.

The only function of a super carrier now is to shoot structures. POS guns, POCOs, IHUBs and stations. That is it.

The only function of a titan now is to shoot the above, the POS itself, and to bridge duders.

Don't try and profess knowledge you do not have, it makes you look silly.

Qualifier: The outlying r-tards who rat, mine, and gatecamp in titans are not included in the above.

According to his kill history he spent a little over 3 months in nullsec, mostly in Syndicate with some time spent in Delve during the thunderdome period. 3 months is not 'years'.

You really are reaching far. Fighting in null sec and living there are two entirely different things. One does not need to live in Null to get fights. But please keep scrapping the bottom of that barrel.
Jantunen the Infernal
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2012-12-19 18:21:08 UTC
Because there's nothing interesting in highsec. I don't consider pointlessly farming ISK without any risk or player interaction in it any fun at all, and there's nothing else to do.
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#115 - 2012-12-19 18:24:14 UTC
Jantunen the Infernal wrote:
Because there's nothing interesting in highsec. I don't consider pointlessly farming ISK without any risk or player interaction in it any fun at all, and there's nothing else to do.

Pretty wrong there man. I may not risk as many ships but I sure risk lots of hard earned isk and interact with others in a myriad of ways.

But I must admit it's becoming less fun.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#116 - 2012-12-19 18:25:41 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Daniel Whateley wrote:
Daniel Whateley wrote:
let me add my comment to this post... null sec has the possibility of getting you a couple of bil isk a day, doing ded's and mag sites, safer than high sec too... cause there is hardly anyone down there, you cant just waltz on in though, you will get caught unless your lucky, especially if you don't know pvp that well.

once you find a good little place to hold out inyou can earn so much isk its unreal, usually its best to join one of the bigger alliances who live there so you get system upgrades where you can rat (like missions) and earn anything between 10mil to 55mil every 20 minute bounty tick,

i used to fly a xtype vindicator fitted for max damage, raked in 30mil every 20 mins from sansha's - from blasters! got the whole fitting in null sec from ded's, and every time i went out and scanned the 20 something systems i used to scan, i would find about 3 minimum DED's, once i found about 10 ded's was busy the whole day, made 800mil in just overseer's effects, and mag sites i used to ignore just because my arazu i rigged to do them blew up in one... :p

definitely better to go to null sec than stay in high sec, cause you also cant just fly a fully deadspace fit ship and think youll survive jita undock or even anywhere in high sec... concord is there as a penalty not to save your ship, and as for low sec, thats even safer, if you don't like bubbles, a cloak down there would make anything you do easy.

Null sec isn't terrible, if you think it is, your doing it wrong!

What if I want to do something other than smoosh red pluses?

Blasphemy, there is noting but Red Xs, which I imgaine as tiny Jesus symbols that you shoot an dJudas gives you silver.

Also, Whiskey is delicious in the morning.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#117 - 2012-12-19 18:43:19 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:

Yeah judge all of nullsec by your experience with a single corp.

Some alliances are small groups of people who become friends, trust each other, and share in the camaraderie felt by any group forced to experience unpleasant situations together. If your alliance leadership won't give you the time of day, if you are treated like a slave, if all you are is a ship in a fleet then either you or they are doing it wrong.

In our alliance - read, group of friends - there are people who join, never come on comms, never talk to us. They rat, they mine, and they do their own thing. They complain when no one gives a damn when they get popped. Then there are others who talk to us, who we get to know, who roam with us, who haul stuff for us, who we light cynos for. These are people I would gladly sacrifice a capital ship for. Which group are you in?
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#118 - 2012-12-19 20:02:30 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
In our alliance - read, group of friends - there are people who join, never come on comms, never talk to us. They rat, they mine, and they do their own thing. They complain when no one gives a damn when they get popped. Then there are others who talk to us, who we get to know, who roam with us, who haul stuff for us, who we light cynos for. These are people I would gladly sacrifice a capital ship for. Which group are you in?

This is a good alliance/coalition description but outsiders will always call it a blob Sad

Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#119 - 2012-12-19 20:16:59 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

I was also talking about cost. How much does it cost to have sov in a system with no station and no iHub. One with just an iHub. One with just a station. And finally one with both station and iHub.

If you have a point, why don't you just get to it already. Last i checked, this is the Eve Online forum, not the Let Me Google That For You forum.
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2012-12-19 20:31:52 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:

This needs repeating and is a good example of the effect player driven content has on nullsec.

Just like the real world, Eve has some terribly run corporations. You can easily get yourself into a nullsec corp run by slave drivers and embezzlers and just plain jerks. Some let members do as they please and rely on genuine comradery to motivate people to come to the aid of the alliance. And there are all sorts of variations in between.

While I don't really promote the idea of corporations being run terribly, it does ad flavor to nullsec life. You can roleplay in highsec about how the Amarr are slave driving totalitarians, but out in nullsec you can shoot at actual people who are genuine slave driving totalitarians.