These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Retribution 1.0 Feedback

First post
Author
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1541 - 2012-12-12 19:39:19 UTC
I've been told to post this here, so,

Please can the new "safety" settings persist through sessions.

having to turn it to "let me just shoot at stuff without bugging me" each and every time is annoying
Alexander Renoir
Covenant Trading Agency
#1542 - 2012-12-12 19:40:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexander Renoir
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Alexander Renoir wrote:
I have a problem with the pathetic try to explain this new Bounty-crap-mechanic. Have a look at the features page for Retribution. New Profession.. BOUNTY HUNTER! What a sh!it!
Following CCP's logic means that every ganker is now a bounty hunter if he kills someone with a lol-bounty on his head. He is no ganker anymore.. he is a real respective Bounty Hunter. Roll
Furthermore I never did wrong things in EVE which causes CONCORD. As long as the bounty pool is run by CONCORD (in other words - the police) I demand to be excluded from beeing able to have a bounty!
Reintroduce the restriction with secstate -1 to be able to have a bounty. But I think such a restriction will cause many other problems with the new bounty system and CCP is not able to solve them.
Oh.. I nearly forgot.. my missions are no fun anymore. Trash the new NPC-Mission-AI which was developed for Sleeper and group tactics!
New sounds are ludicrous.

Good point on the bounty system, so is there anything stopping me putting a bounty on the head of a miner in high sec and then ganking him to avoid concord etc. Just wondering.

If you just spend a bounty on someone's head and gank him without any legal rights, CONCORD will show you that you have done something wrong. The bounty allone does not stop CONCORD nor is it effective to avoid the police. But the problem is that every ganker could say: "HEY! I didn't want that loot. I am a bounty hunter and just wanted the bounty." Lol
Bounty does not mean "legal kill rights". But anyway.. it is a good grieving tool. And this needs to be changed! Evil
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#1543 - 2012-12-12 20:09:00 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Korinne wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Iq Cadaen wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Because these tools cause problems on a regular basis. As we upgrade various frameworks then bugs are discovered in this legacy code, which requires time and effort to fix.
We're talking about a friggen calculator and notepad, things you'd make as your first programming projects. If those things are so hard to fix or implement in you frameworks you should seriously consider fixing your frameworks. Those are both very useful tools.

As a developer you should feel bad for even suggesting this.
One of the hardest decisions a developer has to make is to deprecate code and functionality, but once in a while such difficult decision need to be made.

How hard is it to really pay attention to the wants of players and subscribers who have been with you since the beginning? Would it helped if you started implimenting hitboxes and ingame feedback or would that be just as equally ignored?
Interesting that you should ask. We spend a lot of our time here on the forums and on Twitter talking with players, and in addition it so happens that the CSM is here in Reykjavík today for 3 days of back-to-back meeting discussing what you, the players, want. Want to know what's happening in those meetings? Watch #csmsummit on Twitter.

That doesn't necessarily translate to your longtime subscribers, the 5 year plus people, that just equates to people who are vocal.
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#1544 - 2012-12-12 20:13:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Korinne
Mak YuTsai wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
Well, let me pose this reply to your question: as most players do not use eve's audio at all (seriously, there have been a staggering number of 'eve has audio?' jokes at this point, you guys should take a hint) why are you punishing those of us that do by taking away our control of it?
82% of EVE players play with sound on and has increased from 80% since the release of Retribution.

'Sound On'. No doubt. We depend on the important sound cues that EVE provides. Much of our current frustration focuses on having to play with diminished customisation and one particularly nasty new sound - the Klang- in order to receive these useful ingame cues.

But this discussion is about Music, about the Jukebox, is your data a responce to that issue?

Since there appears to be data available from user activity, what percentage of change has there been regarding music specifically?

If it is true that music can only be turned down and not turned off, does collected data reflect how many customers set that volume slider to 'silent'.

Is your comment a red-herring? Does 'Sound On' really mean 82% of EVE players are listening to the music?
In the context of the valuable feedback given on these many pages, can you be confident that the player experience really is of a higher quality than before?

Sounds like spyware to me, unless I accidentally agreed to that somewhere in the EULA, which just makes me dumb and it no less spyware.

Edit: I suppose techincally you could retract your statement and say you got that from eve player surveys, but considering the surveys are optional, it more or less makes any data garnered about the eve playerbase as a whole rather invalid at worst and subjective at best.
Kharon
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1545 - 2012-12-12 20:24:55 UTC
Hey there! I was wondering if there are any plans to revamp Heavy Assault Ships now that frigates and cruisers have gotten more potency?
UnqJack
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1546 - 2012-12-12 20:40:25 UTC
+ destroyers
+ some effects

- MISSILE RANGE AND DAMAGE

Come on CCP, Tengu is now the worst T3 from ALL. I have 57 km flight range for T2s ? And I have decent skills.. THIS is my only and the important problem. Please fix the heavy missiles ...
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#1547 - 2012-12-12 20:41:05 UTC
UnqJack wrote:
+ destroyers
+ some effects

Come on CCP, Tengu is now the worst T3 from ALL. I have 57 km flight range for T2s ? And I have decent skills.. THIS is my only and the important problem. Please fix the heavy missiles ...

Tbh 100mn tengus still work and are still op.
UnqJack
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1548 - 2012-12-12 20:43:31 UTC
Korinne wrote:
UnqJack wrote:
+ destroyers
+ some effects

Tbh 100mn tengus still work and are still op.

I'm talking about the PVE Tengu. Damage and flight range decreased.
Alexis Vail
Tempest Freelancers
#1549 - 2012-12-12 20:45:39 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:

I personally don't mind the ability to put a price on someone's head, but it should be done through two channels, a lawful one and an illegal one that costs more if you really, really hate someone that's done nothing that is technically wrong. I think it should be open to people with the criminal connections skill. That's just my take:)

- Seconded
Korinne
The Partisan Brigade
#1550 - 2012-12-12 20:57:41 UTC
So I just tried to kill a dramiel, locked him and had modules activated but he got away b/c of module lag so nothing fired/activated; yet I still got an aggression timer. Pretty fail imo.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1551 - 2012-12-12 21:02:26 UTC
Hardwick Johnson wrote:
CCP Explorer:

Thank you (very sincerely) for responding here. As I'm sure you can see, frustrations by the players are kinda high at the moment. But at least you're listening and acting on some of the input.

I would implore you to review the HM debacle and my post about ships vs weapon systems. Most everyone involved in PvP actions knew the Drake was a bit overpowered, much like the Hurricane was acknowledged to be. However, taking two different approaches to solve the issue created two vastly different outcomes:

1) The Hurricane was slightly nerfed by adjusting its fitting. Autocannons and arty were left alone and players continued to use them in all aspects of EVE (both PvE and PvP)

2) The Drake was left alone, but had it's primary weapons systems nerfed. This impacted not only the drake. But also the Tengu, the Nighthawk, Caracal, Cerberus, Scorp and Raven etc etc etc.

Nerfing the HM's impacted not just one single ship, but an entire racial line. Most dual role ships of the Caldari Line are now severely hamstrung in PvP and even PvE combat.

I would strongly recommend (begging is also not out of the question here) that you de-nerf the HM's and address any ship-based balancing by tweaking the ship hull itself though it's various fitting spec's.

The user interface should be reverted back to the old style as well to conform with how people generally "read" information. Think of trying to read or write code where the lines are circular in nature. You could adapt I'm sure, but it would be a massive pain in the arse, no?

You fixed the room aggro (THANK YOU!!!!) and some other minor fixes. You fix the HM's and the user interface, and a lot of currently p!ssed off players will become very happy players again. Happy players stay in the game, buy plex, get their friends to play, all sorts of good stuff. Unhappy players b!tch on the forums, cancel their subs and tell their friends to play WoW/WoT. I would much prefer to be a happy player again.
The HMs and the User Interface (from a design standpoint) are neither within my purview as Software Director, the game designers are the subject matter experts here and it's not mine to disagree with them. I'll let the relevant people know of your concerns.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1552 - 2012-12-12 21:08:18 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Explorer
Jules Deathbringer wrote:
LOL nice one ccp explorer has a ALT!

besides showing how self important and pompous ccp devs are (like we didnt already know that),
a point that i am making is that this is a enterteainment business, not a bank, most of us play weekends and nights
only.. soo being a entertainment business that keeps bankers hours those of us with real jobs and real lives have
to wait sometimes for days for a 2 minute answer... imagine if every bar and nightclub were only open from 9 to 5..
they are entertainment businesses and wouldnt last long.

-> clearly shows that ccp does not care about customer support, unless it's between 9 and 5.
First of all let me emphasize that I said "The normal work week at CCP Reykjavík is business hours and business days, 9-5 Mon-Fri" and second please allow me to clarify that this pertains to development activities and not customer support. We were discussing certain tools in the game, and their relative importance for further and future development, and not customer support. Our Customer Support is 24x7x356.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1553 - 2012-12-12 21:11:47 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Robertina Bering wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
I'm 41 years old. I've been involved with computers and software since...

Oh, that's nice! :)
CCP Explorer warped into level 4 forum thread and SUDDENLY got full thread aggro :)
What an irony :)

I bet he does like it, just because it "works as intended" :)
Not to worry, I have a very solid buffer tank.
Made me chuckle and that tank is much needed in these forums (I'm a bastard, admittedly).

Also, as I'm applying DPS with my drones for bugs and rampant design flaws, I will also transfer cap and a modicum of RR because I know that many things w/in CCP are out of your control.

Aren't we supposed to have a community liaison?

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Eva Lawson
#1554 - 2012-12-12 21:36:54 UTC
Overall, I like the patch, I won't be bitching about the sound or loss of jukebox, although the latter did bum me out a bit.

-My #1 peeve right now though is that my combat drones are nigh-worthless. Wasn't it a dev blog that said they ran a bunch of L4 missions and only lost ONE drone? I call bullshit on that. I ran ONE L4, and deployed my drones only as an anti-frigate countermeasure (just so it's clear I wasn't sending them to their doom amidst a hail of gunfire; I was aware of the aggro change). I lost THREE in the span of five minutes, because ALL the enemy frigates suddenly focused on my poor drones. To hell with that noise, I filled my bay with salvage drones instead, and only use combat drones anymore against a handful of frigates that I don't pop with my main guns, and while watching them like a mother hawk so I don't have to fork out a fraction of my mission income to replace them; because I'm almost guaranteed to lose a few.

Short Version: I don't mind the aggro change, share it between players for all I care, that's fine, we can handle it. But either let drones avoid some of it, or give them more durability to take a punch, please?

-I like the new Crimewatch system; I'm close to hopping in my Vigilant and stalking around looking for Suspects with bounty, which will be a fun way to make some money while testing myself against other players. However, I'm a bit shifty about the new bounty system. Mainly because there's no required security status to place a bounty. So you're telling me I can put bounties on whoever I want, any time? Like that guy who looked at me funny? And people can put bounties on me? For doing absolutely nothing criminal? That IS criminal.

Short Version: Restore the requirement for placing bounties on people, or make it any Security Status below 0.0. If you wanna put money on a white-knight's head, introduce an Assassination Market.
Sister Lumi
Doomheim
#1555 - 2012-12-12 22:14:19 UTC
UnqJack wrote:

57km is still about twice as long range as the others do

But you need it to be 4 times as long, right?

UnqJack
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1556 - 2012-12-12 22:50:18 UTC
Sister Lumi wrote:
UnqJack wrote:

LOL It's a freakin' T3 ship !!! I had 92 km with t2 missiles. I don't mind having 80 km with t2, but NOT 57 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister Lumi
Doomheim
#1557 - 2012-12-12 23:10:01 UTC
UnqJack wrote:

LOL It's a freakin' T3 ship !!! I had 92 km with t2 missiles. I don't mind having 80 km with t2, but NOT 57 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean that all T3 ships have a range of 92km? Or that they should have, because of tech 3?

(the others have <20k in typical setups, and that's generous figure)
Akturous
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1558 - 2012-12-12 23:15:49 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
First of all let me emphasize that I said "The normal work week at CCP Reykjavík is business hours and business days, 9-5 Mon-Fri" and second please allow me to clarify that this pertains to development activities and not customer support. We were discussing certain tools in the game, and their relative importance for further and future development, and not customer support. Our Customer Support is 24x7x356.

I guess that's why I've been waiting over a week for a reply on a petition as to why post retribution I can no longer run more than one client at lower settings, where previously 3 clients at max was fine. You've done something that ATI doesn't like and though your bum buddies with Nvidia and all, I'm sure there's a large player base that's ATI heavy (god help us).

Having said that, I got a message from a dev about a petition on my language in local after less than a day.

So no apparently you don't give a toss, since they have time to answer frivolous petitions, but serious technical issues that affect my ability to play the game I pay 3 accounts for 6months at a time isn't important.

Vote Item Heck One for CSM8

Akturous
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1559 - 2012-12-12 23:18:23 UTC
UnqJack wrote:
Sister Lumi wrote:
UnqJack wrote:

Can I haz 57k range loki?

HAM tengu bro, sorry you can no longer stay aligned out while ratting all the time from 80k+ away.

100mn tengu was never overpowered, but hmls were. Thankfully on ships they're totally useless on now (drake, caracal/cerb, NH) Hams are great, so tit for tat.

Vote Item Heck One for CSM8

Trooeshauler
Revelation of the Pheonix
#1560 - 2012-12-12 23:23:26 UTC
So for two days now; I have been unable to log in more than two accounts at a time. I use others for mining and such. This is since 1.0.4... I have tried different beta drivers/legacy drivers and am getting the same results. Any help with this please, I miss my EvE and it doesnt have the same feel with only 2 active at a time. I have them all for roles in the game. Im running Windows 7, DirectX 9.0(whatever included with eve), GTX 660, i7-3770. Up until 1.0.3 I had no problems running 5 accounts for example. Now after I get the 3rd character logged in, within the next 2 minutes all clients crash. Sometimes I can get all 5 accounts actually logged in before it crashes all clients. Up to two clients no problems at all doing anything. Any suggestions?