These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Coreli Corporation declares war against Intaki Prosperity Initiative

Author
Korsavius
Revenent Defence Corperation
#21 - 2012-10-10 01:54:41 UTC
If you really want to defend the interests of the Serpentis cartel, then I wholeheartedly invite you to come down to Syndicate as well. I'm sure the crippled Serpentis forces here are in some desperate need of assistance after a focused campaign to weed them out where they do not belong.

Cold Wind's Blade || Follow the I-RED Newsfeed & visit the I-RED GalNet site!

Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Mercenary Coalition
#22 - 2012-10-10 15:46:14 UTC
Sakaane Eionell wrote:
There is no nobility nor honor, no peace nor prosperity, in trafficking drugs. These pirates know only greed and a perverse desire to create dependency in order to exert dominance. IPI will not stand for it, and neither will our friends.

While to the shortsighted neural boosters may appear to be mere drugs I can assure you they are far, far more than that. Neural boosters allow a pilot to exceed its limits beyond anything you can imagine and offers massive tactical advantages on the battlefield. When this little cold war turns into a full blown war between the empires and the Caldari Navy fleets are burning your precious Placid region to the ground; think of us and all the things we have to offer.

As for standing for anything; your ships have been decimated, your assets are burning and your pilots are cowering. You stand for so little two of your fellow pilots have already turned traitor and are supplying us with intelligence.

Korsavius wrote:
If you really want to defend the interests of the Serpentis cartel, then I wholeheartedly invite you to come down to Syndicate as well. I'm sure the crippled Serpentis forces here are in some desperate need of assistance after a focused campaign to weed them out where they do not belong.

You overestimate the strategic importance of the Syndicate region and that of your organization. Should you ever become more then an insignificant nuisance we will let you know.

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#23 - 2012-10-10 17:24:26 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Should you ever become more then an insignificant nuisance we will let you know.

Irony.

Katrina Oniseki

Sakaane Eionell
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#24 - 2012-10-14 21:40:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Sakaane Eionell
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
While to the shortsighted neural boosters may appear to be mere drugs I can assure you they are far, far more than that. Neural boosters allow a pilot to exceed its limits beyond anything you can imagine and offers massive tactical advantages on the battlefield. When this little cold war turns into a full blown war between the empires and the Caldari Navy fleets are burning your precious Placid region to the ground; think of us and all the things we have to offer.

So because boosters make people into more efficient killing machines, that makes them acceptable? Of course we shouldn't try to focus on ending the war, no, not at all. Let's just pump ourselves full of narcotics and bathe in each other's blood while we trip out instead. Yes, that sounds exactly like the kind of world I and many others want to live in.

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
...think of us and all the things we have to offer.

The collective pool of knowledge your organizations represent could offer New Eden drugs that do actual useful things. But Serpentis drugs don't cure disease, manage mental or physical infirmities, or anything else positive. They simply promote death.

Besides, if boosters really were the boon you proclaim them to be, pirate organizations like yours wouldn't be the ones manufacturing them. Sarpati and company wouldn't need to hide behind Angels in lawless space in order to do their dirty work.

The majority of boosters originate outside of empire space, and what can be found inside empire space has to be smuggled in or produced in shady, underground laboratories where I can only imagine the health and safety standards leave much to be desired. The majority of these boosters—the ones you say bestow that so-called "massive tactical advantage"—carry legal penalties in a long list of jurisdictions. These penalties didn't come about by accident.

Boosters currently available on the (black) market are all based on narcotics like Crash, Exile, Mindflood, and others. Even if today's boosters may be "improved" over what was available decades ago, the fact they have these insidious drugs at their heart makes them far from perfect.

Boosters suppress the immune system, which makes the body vulnerable to disease. You could claim this is a non-issue for capsuleers since we have our sterile hydrostatic pods, but anyone can see the trend all across New Eden: more and more, capsuleers are leaving their pods to mingle with their fellows and with baseliners. A suppressed immune system makes even the slightest cold highly dangerous. (By the way, that's a smashing outfit you have on, Mr Foiritain. Red is definitely your color.)

There are billions of common people who are at very high risk from using boosters. Don't for a second expect me to believe you take any care whatsoever in making sure the drugs you peddle are kept out of their hands. The more you sell, all the better for you.

Regardless of who uses them, narcotics, which as I pointed out form the base of booster production, are highly addictive in both a physical and emotional way. Boosters, like any drug, are poisonous to the body and interfere with areas such as neurotransmission. With repeated use, substances which alter natural brain functions result in destroyed nerve fibers, which in turn means the user has to use even more of (or more potent variations of) the drug to achieve the same level of functionality experienced before. Being off the drug reveals the damage done, as nerve fibers don't grow back. The stronger the drug (booster) required, the higher the chance of suffering even more serious side effects becomes.

Stand against this? Yes, we will.

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
your ships have been decimated, your assets are burning and your pilots are cowering. You stand for so little two of your fellow pilots have already turned traitor and are supplying us with intelligence.

Decimated? At the time you made that comment (October 10), you had destroyed a grand total of two ships and their associated capsules. One of those ships was an Atron armed only with a mining laser. Congratulations on such a fine kill!

Public records show that you've added a scant six additional kills to your "decimation" since then. So? While we mourn the loss of the crews, this is hardly any kind of dent in our forces.

Assets are burning? Granted, on October 10 Coreli pilots attacked the Intaki V Customs Office. But a quick check today shows that same office is in perfect working condition. Not a puff of smoke in sight.

Any claim you wish to make about receiving "intelligence" from supposed "traitors" is an exaggeration at best.

And? Although some of our pilots are otherwise engaged with planetside responsibilities at this time of year, IPI has carried on more or less business as usual, war declaration or not. This is hardly "cowering". The other night I went out and cleared several wings of Serpentis ships from the Intaki belts and none of your pilots were anywhere to be seen. Others from IPI have done exactly the same without bother from you. Last night I patrolled the Intaki sov for three hours and again saw none of you. So what is your point, exactly?
Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#25 - 2012-10-14 21:59:33 UTC
Sakaane Eionell wrote:
Let's just pump ourselves full of narcotics and bathe in each other's blood while we trip out instead.

I can certainly think of worse ways to spend an evening.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
#26 - 2012-10-15 11:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bataav
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
...Coreli Directorate issued a declaration of war against the Intaki Prosperity Initiative, the purpose of this war is to disrupt the IPI... ...by decimating the IPI’s combat and industrial capabilities...

As has already been stated by representatives of the IPI alliance, such actions are to be expected by Serpentis pirates and so far the actions of Coreli Corporation pilots reflect well their violent intentions.

This of course contradicts the falsehoods they would wish us to believe such as:

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
...peaceful Serpentis trading ships...
or

Hulemand wrote:
...the important work of the Serpentis for a better tomorrow.

Of course if Serpentis and their Coreli affiliates really were interested in the "innocent" pursuits of trade and commerce, I'd expect them to make good use of established and growing markets such as Intaki 5-5. The system benefits from established infrastructure but instead their pilots make repeated attempts to undo the efforts of others, through repeated (failed) attempts on ILF customs offices, we must assume with the intention to start over, at cost.

It's not quite the efficient business model I'd expect from a group of their age, intent on "peaceful trading".

Coreli Corporation would be wise to look to their new friends in Anshar Incorporated, who were at least not so short sighted as to become distracted by inflicting violence upon the existing infrastructure of Intaki system during previous attempts to seed the market with narcotics and associated caffeine products.

Instead, following a week of conflict the official Coreli Corporation assessment of the war is:

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
...your ships have been decimated, your assets are burning...

It is true that IPI ships have been lost, but they are each replaced without too much effort in the shipyards of the IPI and our allies and partners.

The loyal crews of those vessels however, are mourned both by the IPI and their families. All of us are proud that there is no shortage of skilled and brave individuals who believe, as we do, in a better Intaki, volunteering for service with the stoicism the people of Intaki are known for.

We are comforted with the belief that these losses, at the hands of Serpentis and others, are only temporary. Those who die take with them, the understanding and real truth of the Serpentis threat into their next incarnation, as they are Reborn and returned to us all.
Gorion Wassenar
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#27 - 2012-10-15 15:49:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorion Wassenar
Oh Joshua won't have to bother coming for you in Syndicate. *laughs*

Rote Kapelle - NOW IN SLIGHTLY MORE LAW ABIDING FLAVOR!

"DRINK STARSI!" ©®™Ownership Group Chairman

Yuri Intaki
Nasranite Watch
#28 - 2012-10-17 05:23:18 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
You overestimate the strategic importance of the Syndicate region and that of your organization. Should you ever become more then an insignificant nuisance we will let you know.

How is your custom office busting going? I have it from fairly reliable source that your first effort on Intaki prime was stopped by two measly pilots from Caldari militia, whom you labeled as outlaws or somesuch for daring to interfere.
Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
#29 - 2012-10-17 12:19:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Bataav
Yuri Intaki wrote:
How is your custom office busting going?

I am pleased to confirm that to date the destructive efforts of Coreli Corporation have failed to remove any of the IPI's commercial installations in the Intaki system.

During the first week of the conflict, pilots of the State militia intervened, despite there being no agreement with the IPI, to challenge Coreli Corporation and other opportunistic pirates. Their actions, and assistance with repairs, allowed Intaki crews to complete the necessary work at the customs office above Intaki V.

Last night a coalition fleet of pilots representing a range of corporations and alliances who had publically pledged support for the IPI, arrived in the Intaki system under the leadership of John Revenent from I-RED to assist at Intaki IV, V and VI customs offices following further assaults from Coreli Corporation. Again despite opportunistic attempts by pirate forces, the repair crews were successful.

The IPI's installations remain in place.

We and the people of Intaki thank those pilots who stood with us, for their continued support.

It therefore occurs to me that we might be doing Coreli Corporation something of a disservice.

Hulemand wrote:
...the Serpentis for a better tomorrow.

By bringing with them instability through increased Serpentis activity, Coreli Corporation have encouraged the IPI and our allies to explore mutual friends and build upon our potential. New opportunities for efficient intelligence sharing and improved strategic contact networks are being established and put to good use. As a result, the security and stability of Intaki and the surrounding systems improves.

Despite the intentions of Coreli Corporation, the IPI remains a key participant in Intaki matters alongside our valued allies and partners. and we are ever confident regarding ongoing IPI involvement at the core of efforts regarding security, industry, trade and commerce in the area.
Naira Shandr
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-10-20 20:52:25 UTC
I have no love for drug peddlers and crooks, regardless of where they are causing their trouble. Best of luck to the IPI in squashing these bugs.
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#31 - 2012-10-21 02:52:04 UTC
Bataav wrote:
pilots of the State militia intervened, despite there being no agreement with the IPI, to challenge Coreli Corporation and other opportunistic pirates.

You see, this is something that strikes me as curious. There shouldn't need to be an agreement, with either Militia.

This is essentially a Serpentis loyalist attack on Intaki citizens and the local trade and industry commerce. It's an attempt to destabilize the infrastructure in a system that works as a key market hub in the middle of a warzone.

It should be in the best interests of both militias to support the populace here, and continue to enjoy the benefits of their work.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Mercenary Coalition
#32 - 2012-10-22 23:48:18 UTC
Sakaane Eionell wrote:
So because boosters make people into more efficient killing machines, that makes them acceptable? Of course we shouldn't try to focus on ending the war, no, not at all. Let's just pump ourselves full of narcotics and bathe in each other's blood while we trip out instead. Yes, that sounds exactly like the kind of world I and many others want to live in.

This war has been brewing for years and is spiraling out of control as we speak. Its far too late to try and prevent it so the question boils down to which side you want to be on; the winning or the losing side?

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
The collective pool of knowledge your organizations represent could offer New Eden drugs that do actual useful things. But Serpentis drugs don't cure disease, manage mental or physical infirmities, or anything else positive. They simply promote death.

The applications for neural boosters are quite extensive but unfortunately research requires money. If the product you're researching, like combat boosters, is a profitable one then this is not a problem. Unfortunately those diseases that are hard to cure generally aren't profitable and with a ban on neural booster research you're not going to find many companies looking to sponsor its research.

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
Besides, if boosters really were the boon you proclaim them to be, pirate organizations like yours wouldn't be the ones manufacturing them. Sarpati and company wouldn't need to hide behind Angels in lawless space in order to do their dirty work.

The majority of boosters originate outside of empire space, and what can be found inside empire space has to be smuggled in or produced in shady, underground laboratories where I can only imagine the health and safety standards leave much to be desired. The majority of these boosters—the ones you say bestow that so-called "massive tactical advantage"—carry legal penalties in a long list of jurisdictions. These penalties didn't come about by accident.

Throughout history the advancement of science has always been hampered by the narrow minded, the poorly educated and the perpetually frightened. The universe once thought being able to swim meant you were an evil sorcerer and made it punishable by death.

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
There are billions of common people who are at very high risk from using boosters. Don't for a second expect me to believe you take any care whatsoever in making sure the drugs you peddle are kept out of their hands. The more you sell, all the better for you.

Ignoring for a moment that combat boosters serve no purpose in being consumed by regular people you'll also find the price tag, which ranges from hundreds of thousands of credits to double digit millions, is well out of reach from the general population.

Sakaane Eionell wrote:
Regardless of who uses them, narcotics, which as I pointed out form the base of booster production, are highly addictive in both a physical and emotional way. Boosters, like any drug, are poisonous to the body and interfere with areas such as neurotransmission. With repeated use, substances which alter natural brain functions result in destroyed nerve fibers, which in turn means the user has to use even more of (or more potent variations of) the drug to achieve the same level of functionality experienced before. Being off the drug reveals the damage done, as nerve fibers don't grow back. The stronger the drug (booster) required, the higher the chance of suffering even more serious side effects becomes.

You'll find current generation boosters have none of those effects. The only downside boosters currently have is that without a few days worth of mental exercises the user will occasionally suffer some side effects which go away as soon as the booster wears off.

Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Mercenary Coalition
#33 - 2012-10-22 23:50:25 UTC
It seems Galnet has become quite limited, so a follow up for the rest;

Bataav wrote:
Of course if Serpentis and their Coreli affiliates really were interested in the "innocent" pursuits of trade and commerce, I'd expect them to make good use of established and growing markets such as Intaki 5-5. The system benefits from established infrastructure but instead their pilots make repeated attempts to undo the efforts of others, through repeated (failed) attempts on ILF customs offices, we must assume with the intention to start over, at cost.

It's not quite the efficient business model I'd expect from a group of their age, intent on "peaceful trading".

You'll find market hubs work best when the area surrounding them is safe for traders to use rather then ravaged by roaming pirate gangs. The Federation has no interest in securing the placid region, they are perfectly content stripping it of any valuable resources while ignoring its infrastructure and inhabitants.

The Serpentis Corporation on the other hand has had military assets in the region for years and has made many attempts to improve its infrastructure. Unfortunately their fleets and installations are not designed to handle the endless onslaught of capsuleers who will happily and without warning destroy non-capsuleer piloted vessels and its crew so he or she can rummage through the burning wreckage for some salvage.

So that's where we come in; our job is to erode Federation support and infrastructure in the region so that the Serpentis Corporation expeditionary forces can set up the installations required for a full scale military intervention. Once the region is secure reconstruction of local infrastructure can begin.

As for the war; 15 days in, 1.3 billion isk in your assets destroyed, any effort on the IPI's part to fight back has been without result and ~10% of the IPI's member base has left and sought employment elsewhere.

And since you brought up the customs offices; Hiding behind your allies wont prevent us from destroying them, it only delays us. One has been destroyed so far and since we were reinforcing one of yours once again this morning we took the liberty of reinforcing one of the Ishuk-Raata ones as well to thank them on your behalf for assisting them.

John Revenent
Revenent Defence Corperation
404 Alliance Not Found
#34 - 2012-10-23 02:20:23 UTC
Quote:
Hiding behind your allies.

Plenty of that going around on both sides.

Ishukone Loyalist - Private Contractor

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

Sakaane Eionell
Intaki Liberation Front
#35 - 2012-10-23 03:48:34 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
The Serpentis Corporation on the other hand has had military assets in the region for years and has made many attempts to improve its infrastructure.

It is no secret that Serpentis have been fouling Placid for longer than they should have. But this claim you have about "attempts to improve" the infrastructure of the region. Provide proof, please, that the Serpentis do anything other than help themselves at the expense of others. When has the public ever benefited from what society at large and the law consider a criminal group?

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
As for the war; 15 days in, 1.3 billion isk in your assets destroyed, any effort on the IPI's part to fight back has been without result and ~10% of the IPI's member base has left and sought employment elsewhere.

Congratulations. You can blow up a target (the Customs Office) which doesn't run away and doesn't fire back. As for the other losses, we have already provided our comments on such events in prior posts. They are regrettable, and we don't deny they happened.

As for our member base: twist it any way you like. Irrespective of your presence, the IPI council continues with its day to day responsibilities, which includes consideration to dismiss inactive corporations from the alliance banner. LEAPI's dismissal was already under consideration prior to the war declaration, and subsequently finalized despite it. If we choose to dismiss a few more corporations in the near future then we will do so, and the war will have nothing to do with it.

The other pilots who have recently left us were advised by us to do so. These individuals are miners and industrialists who have no interest in war. They work with us because their interests align with IPI's economic goals for the Intaki sovereignty. They did not want to go, but they do have quotas to fill, contract deadlines to meet, and so on. We wish them well and look forward to having them rejoin us in the future.

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Hiding behind your allies

I am grateful to have allies I can call upon in a time of need. IPI has always been an industrial alliance at heart, and combat has never been our true focus. In the past, the alliance had a preference to pursue peaceful resolutions to the problems in the Intaki sovereignty, and resorted to violence only when necessary. Where the Serpentis are concerned, it is true that convincing them to turn from their path of illegal activity is a futile endeavor. The baseliner captains refused time and again to answer hails with anything other than the discharge of weapons, so yes, we destroy them wherever we find them.

As for facing your forces, I am not afraid to admit that we are at a disadvantage. I feel no shame in knowing I must ask trusted allies to have our back while we work on our combat readiness, and I will gladly repay these allies for their kindness in time. Our past choices have led us to this; now we simply will make other choices, and move forward on our path.

As for your demands that we cease our anti-Serpentis activity and surrender: I think not. Standing up against pirate activity in Intaki, howsoever we are able to do so, is a fundamental tenet of the alliance and you will find we have a stronger resolve than you think. We will not turn a blind eye to pirate activity simply because you come along and try to bully us into it. In the meantime, I suppose you are free to continue paying CONCORD for the war. As we get ourselves organized we will happily benefit from any practice you'll provide without annoying security status loss or gate gun interference.

IPI will endure.
Adeptus mecanicus
The Flaming Sideburn's
#36 - 2012-11-08 01:01:14 UTC
From our experience with coreli and the war reports im reading i have to say CRII doing very well as usual, they are a corp thats been temperd in curse and has a experienced crew to field so you might wanna take Mr Foiritain up on his offer.

seems they allready won the morale war considering they had to move on to destroying customs offices due to lack of engagement in space, Best of luck to CRII from us still in curse and the bets are still open here in the bar at Archangels assembly plant in PO4F-3 tho the odds are so bad that i dont belive anyone will bet against CRII........well any sane person that is Blink

Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
#37 - 2012-11-08 03:13:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Bataav
It's interesting to read the various opinions on the war so far from different perspectives. From experience I've found it's often the case that the opinions of those who challenge us are innacurate or display a fundamental misunderstanding of who we are and what we stand for.

Blinkered by cold statistics, by the kill/loss ratios of combat reports and estimated isk losses inflicted upon one another, those in Coreli Corporation and their supporters on the sidelines are quick to claim victory.

Too quick.

This is not a war of numbers. This is a war of ideology. In his public declaration, one month ago today, Mr Foiritain stated very clearly his organisation's single objective:

Joshua Foiritain wrote:
...disrupt the IPI’s anti-Serpentis military operations...

Coreli Corporation have failed to achieve that goal: the IPI endures as promised and our pilots continue to successfully challenge the Serpentis threat in Intaki and beyond.

And then there is talk of the battle for morale. Spectators might point to changes in the corporate membership of the IPI as evidence of the Coreli success. Were they to look closer, however, they would see that the alliance council has been liaising with these corporations long before Coreli Corporation's arrival. Over a period of months, the Council has been reviewing the ever-changing priorities, areas of operation and activity levels of its members, to come to agreement over ongoing participation with full IPI status. An active alliance leadership, keeping the IPI relevent to its objectives, is hardly evidence of Coreli winning the war.

Indeed, morale within the IPI is high. We should perhaps thank Coreli Corporation for acting as a catalyst. The ILF in particular has seen an increase in enthusiasm for the cause. Recruitment continues and we are contacted regularly by other corporations keen to forge ties with us.

In contrast though, as our activities continue, regardless of any Coreli threat, we have noted a drop in presence from their pilots. Instead they are reported as active, away from Intaki in Black Rise.

Perhaps, despite their reassurances to potential customers that there are no risks to the abuse of boosters, a particular side effect may be a stunted attention span. It seems their responsibilities to defend their Serpentis masters no longer holds their focus and distracted by an ever-increasing list of war targets, and declaring war on members of the State militia to grow them further, Coreli now occupies itself moving from location to location.

It seems they will even completely contradict their attempts to play the upstanding, concerned antipirate group, attacking an unrelated corporation - the Department of Health and Wellness - who they refer to as "innocent bystanders" but are all too happy to inflict losses regardless and then congratulate themselves on their own GalNet portal over the theft of a small POS tower.

So again, this is not a war of numbers, but one of patience and commitment to one's cause.

I said in my initial response here, Coreli Corporation are not the first to arrive and loudly proclaim a change in the landscape only to move on afterwards. And so as I flew throughout the Viriette constellation earlier this evening I noted that I was there and Coreli Corporation were not. Some things never change.

Intaki endures.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#38 - 2012-11-08 15:10:33 UTC
It's funny all the snakes suddenly crowing about victory, because I've heard from reliable sources that whenever IPI actually undock, there's narry a Coreli who'll actually stand up and shoot them without a warp-stabbed heavy battlecruiser.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Damar Rocarion
SQUIDS.
#39 - 2012-11-08 15:26:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Damar Rocarion
Adeptus mecanicus wrote:
seems they allready won the morale war considering they had to move on to destroying customs offices due to lack of engagement in space

I saw them attacking Customs office so NAERY engaged then, two against four. Sadly Mr. Foiritan was flying a ship (Oracle class battlecruiser) with warp core stabilisers so we only killed three of their ships. This was fairly amusing behavior from a self-designated pirate.

Then I saw they put their own customs office up so I destroyed that too because I could. After that Coreli declared war on us but i've yet to see them in Ladistier. Though i've heard reports that they like to hide in high-sec space under CONCORD protection. This of course is extremely ironic bureaucratic oversight on their part...
Gussarde en Welle
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-11-08 15:39:16 UTC
Damar Rocarion wrote:
Though i've heard reports that they like to hide in high-sec space under CONCORD protection. This of course is extremely ironic bureaucratic oversight on their part...

Perhaps there is something that could be done about that....